Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #12

ok who sent me the crap sleep vibes - Sofia received them last night.

I have a new job as well, I start asap, 20 hours per week, mostly from home, 1 meeting in the office per week and I can take Sofia with me.

Michelle - yey for Mirani rolling.

Louise - Congrates on your job hon.

Morgan - Loren has those high pitch crying episodes every now and then. Sara never had these so they frightened the sh&t out of me when Loren started them up. I did the same thing checked her all over and gave her panadol.

Oh our [email protected] night has turned into a [email protected] day Loren is just so whingy, I can't figure out what is wrong with her. She has been up since 4am this morning and has only had 2 45 mins sleeps today. I gave her panadol about 20 mins ago and she is asleep now...bugger I need to go and get Sara from daycare too. I might leave Sara for a bit longer so that I get a good sleep out of Loren.

Need some sleep...

Michelle: Sorry I forgot to say congrats on the rolling...

Louise: congrats on the job,. Hope it all goes smoothly

decent day here.. Olivia been happy most of the day,. A little grumpy now but the boys arent playing with her anymore lol..

sounds like all your houses (bekz, louise) are a bit like mine. DD not sleeping much at night - although last night we gave Nurofen after a fair bit of screaming (teething??) & decided not to wake her for dream feed. Entirely for my benefit. I went to bed (or tried to) around 7.30 pm and then she slept til 4 am. Boy did we all need that. Yesterday I was ready to trade her in - the not sleeping in the daytime thing, whingeing, not sleeping at night. Lucky she's cute, as she's been told often lately.

Michelle - congrats on the rolling! DD's not so clever, she's not moving anywhere yet.
    Louise - congrats on the job. Sounds perfect. I'm going back 1 day a week soon too, trying to convince dd she really does like taking a bottle!
    Morgan & Trish - hope the good night sleeping continues
    Nic - I didn't know why you were apologising either - I thought at first, maybe you'd left bub with the 3 year old (which still seems fine with me), then I saw it was 8 - that's almost a grown up! Nothing to worry about

Can't tell you all how much I appreciate hearing what your bubs are doing - makes me feel more normal when I don't know what Ella's up to! Sounds like she's finding out what the other babies her age are doing & joining in. Cheeky monkey. I rang Tresilian the other day to ask advice, and they told me they get most of their calls from people with babies 4-5 months b/c so much huge development happening. That helped too!
    Hope you're all hanging in there.

Michelle, WTG on Mirani's rolling. Clever girl she is All too soon these babies will be crawling.

Bek, sorry to hear that you had a crap night and day, Hopefully yesterday was better for you. I have that same damn problem too, no sooner do I actually get Abbey down for a sleep, and she is actually having a good one then I have to get her up to go get the kids from school. Poor babies. It must really suck for them too.

Morgan, don't beat yourself up over snapping. We all do it at sometime. And the other kiddies seem to know just how to push those buttons when we are stressed out.

Nic, sure does sound like you have the sleeper of the group. Abbey is still shocking with her daytime sleeps. I am lucky to get a cycle out of her. I suppose, she does sleep good most nights so there is an upside.

Louise, yay on the new job hun, anything that gives you some extra pennys is a good thing. Sorry to hear that Sofia is playing up on you. Hopefully she is sleeping better now.

Jus, Sometimes you just really need that good sleep hey. Hoping that you feel the better for it now and got another decent sleep lastnight. As parents we can't help but compare our children, sometimes it's a good thing and then others it only makes us worry more. Whatever your baby is doing is normal for your baby. KWIM.

We've had a kind of busy weekend. Had Noah's footy first thing yesterday, then while I came home and bummed around while waiting for the washing to be done DP took Noah and Tehya up to the shops and they watched a magic show. Poor Tehya was apparently scared of the magician. Chicken she is.

We took Noah and Tehya up to mum's house and she baby sat them for a few hours while we went to a housewarming party. Abbey was in a very "vocal" mood and if she wasn't yelling she was crying. Quite an agro head lately. I ended up giving her some Bonjela which calmed her for a little while until she started it all up again. I relented and gave her some panadol, thank god I packed it. This seemed to calm her down abit more. Stuffed her full of boob and we left just after 8.30.

Finally got Abbey down to bed around 9.30 and she slept until 8 am !! Not a bad effort. My top was saturated from leakage. It seemed to miss my nursing pads completely.

As for Brandon, yes I am happy that he is somewhere safe, warm and well fed, he looks healthier and happier. But I am still concerned as to why he just doesn't want to be here. School goes back in another week and the plan is to get him back there.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Best go feed the screaming child again.

The Sleep Gods hate me!!! 3:30 Jacob woke crying for daddy who was on night shift. 4am I finally got him to settle down and come to bed with me. No sooner had I laid my head down Olivia woke. I finally got back to bed at 5:45.. I semi dozed between then and 8 but I had to get up as Simon went to bed after night shift.. aaggh frickity agh.. I hope tonight goes better... I should be thankful she sleeps during the day but it does me no good seeing as I have 3 others running about. today how ever I will lock the front and back door. put on a fairies DVD and go lay down with Olivia. I simply need to as one cannot function on such a small amount of sleep

oh and Happy 5 months Miss Olivia .. 5 months old... where has the time gone..

Have a great sunday everyone

Oh Nic, what a shocker hun. I am hearing you too on not getting the nap when bub is asleep. On the off chance of me actually getting her to sleep the other kids are always upa nd feral so no chance for a rest.

I hope The Fairies does the trick and you get some rest hun.

Happy 5 Months to Olivia

morgan78 Guest

Happy 5 months Olivia - how the time flies by!

Vicky decided to be good last night & slept 7.30pm to 6.30am and Alex got me up just before that. Needed tho as couldn't sleep last night finally crashed around 1am DP struggled as well & he actually ended crashing out in sitting room - really weird. We having a playdough day today so id better get my butt moving and make it
    Have a lovely Sunday ladies

happy 5months for Olivia!!

i've only just noticed that theres new smilies!

i so hope the sleep fairies come visit you all tonight. Mirani decided to wake at 5am and lay in her cot for about 45mins before going back to sleep after her feed and change. and she then slept until just after 9. but i still feel buggered. i have to take leesh to a birthday party this afternoon at one of those noisy indoor play centers.

hope vicky is recovering well, (it was Vicky that had the op wasnt it?)my tia had hernias at 8mths and they put internal stitches on the inside and a sticky tape type patch over the outer cuts and now you cant see her scars.

has anyone started on solids yet?
    we've so far given mirani, yoghurt (loved that), frozen yoghurt (really loved that) and a dummy dipped in a little chocolate (wasnt too sure on that one). she also loves to suck on a peice of orange or mandarin (while either dp or i are holding it of course). but she is loving the idea of having different textures in her mouth.

take care everyone. *sleepy dust for bubs*
    Last edited by Michelle_k; April 20th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Morgan, always the way, the baby sleeps and you can't. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Michelle, sounds like you got a pretty good nights sleep too. Nope, we haven't started on any solids here. Dp said today how she was looking at our food, thing is, she's just looking, she has no idea of what it is. Abbey won't any solids until she is atleast 6 months old. Just my personal decision.

soooo tired.. no nap here todat.. almost no rest either as a certain little miss just wasn't in the mood for sleeping. She fell asleep at 5:15 though so we just put her to bed. More important she catches up I think.. tomorrow simon starts days off so I can get another 4 days rest if need be..

Morgan: hope playdough day was fun. My poor kids wanted me to make some but I just simply couldn't be bothered today.. lol

Michelle: no solids here either. Olivia isn't showing any signs of hunger yet. I want to try and delay till at least 7 months. Will offer at 6 months but more for an activity then actual food. Will wait and see what happens..

Trish: hi

Now would it be bad parenting to go to bed now and leave the boys to thier own devices :P hehe

we had some decent sleep here. Stupid dogs woke jacob just before midnight but he settled down ok.. Olivia didn't wake till just after 3 fed and was back asleep before 4. She woke at 6 but was just playing in her bed and I got to lay there till 7.. yes one whole houe she playe and kicked in her cot..

and she is napping again now due to wake up though.. Still a bit sleepy but not foggy

How was everyone elses night??

Had a crappy night here, and of course Abbey is still in bed fast asleep. And my lovely Tehya had me up by 5.30 !! Little cow, then it was Noah's turn, I hushed him back off to bed, and dosed back off with Abbey and Tehya. Then Noah came back around 6.30 so I had to get up, Abbey and Tehya were still asleep.

Aggggghhhh Kids, Who'd have em

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post

Aggggghhhh Kids, Who'd have em
    Been thinking the same thing the last few days

School holidays here Nic, Noah is driving me mental. It's amazing how after only 1 term at school you can get used to it all.

Abbey is still asleep. Poor little mite, she crap nights sleep must have worn her out. Poor her. LOL. Her teeth are getting so much closer so I am guessing thats probably it.

school went back last week here. I prefer the holidays as we don't rush about in the mornings..

Olivia still asleep.. the boys must be tired as they are just watching tv. As usual they will want to play outside at midday,,

Good Morning Everyone
    I'm a proud mummy, Monique finally rolled back to tummy without assistance yesterday, clever girl.

She has been waking up at 5am or 6.30am for a feed which she never used to do so I guess she is changing her routine again. She is blowing her cranky raspberries lately too and is getting bored so I need to entertain her. DH and I cringe at the thought of 'the terrible two's' if she asserts herself this much already.

Michelle-Way to go Mirani on all the different foods. It's great that she likes it too. We are going to wait until 6 months but we will play it by ear.

Trish- sorry to hear you had a crappy night but way to go Abbey on her big sleep on Sat night.

Nic- time sure is flying by isn't it. Monique was 4 months on Friday and my little nephew was one month on Saturday. Like Trish said, they will be crawling soon and I haven't baby proofed the house yet!

Jus- Monique has been whingy lately too and sometimes drives me crazy because I don't know why she is doing it.

I can't see the posts on the other page but was it xtml who said to her 2 year old not to act like a 2 year old. DH and I had a big giggle over that one. I can just picture me in that same situation in years to come

Right, best be off to do some things while little miss is sleeping.

hi girls I am nic's (aussienic) sister just wanted to ask you all to for Olivia

I dont know a huge amount nic rang mum about 20min ago, they were shopping and Olivia had a vomit went all pale and unresponsive they raced round the corner to dr, were she had to have a shot of adrenline her was around 40 BPM thy dr got the ambulance and nic and olivia were taken to g'stone ..thats all I know mum said Nic said olivia seemed to be back to normal in ambulance..will keep ya all updated as I know more

for my sweet neice

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast