Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #13

morgan78 Guest

Well the vomit bug is still hanging around Alex was sick again around 4am and again at 6am but im thinking it is a nervous reaction as both times he was upset so i am going to try very very hard to be extra nice to him and see what happens. But DP is home today with a 24hr bug up from midnight onwards...stay away bug I DONT WANT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janine: We have just stopped sterilising just rinse out in cold water and then wash in super hot soapy water. DD is like Jake at night we get 7 - 6 roughly.
    TeenaRose - So glad to hear that you got the all clear.
    kts64s - DD is 6.5kg, 63cm long & 42cm head not bad for a little girl who was born 6lb4oz.
    LoriRae - Ty will have lost weight due to being sick...please dont doubt your milk..if you do have any concerns see a LC or contact ABA. Alex sucks his thumb and Vicky is starting to - i've been told that as long as they have stopped before they get their adult teeth it shouldn't be a prob. Also dummies can inhibit speech development.
    Trish - Really sorry to hear that Abbey is still quite sick. Alex had the same thing at that age and yep steriods & puffer we dont have any asthma so luckily no further probs..if you find a way to get Tehya to sleep in please please let me know Alex is exactly the same.
    Nic - Hope you get some zzz's today even if its on the floor
    Sorry if i've missed anyone....hope all the sick bubs get better & the tired mummies get some sleep...Have a good day

Girls - I hope everyone who is nt getting sleep the sleep faries are good to you soon. I have just finished a stint of no sleep due to my little one being sick.

I was doing the shopping this morning and was looking at the baby section which had baby cups with sippy teats with handle and 4Months+ on them. Is anyone else using these ATM? My little one is still on bottles and only ever has her organic formula.

Just wanted to check that there isn't something I should be doing that I missed.

Nic, I hope your boys settled enough for you to at least get some quiet time. PITA there is no direct link anymore to our galleries. I will have to go have a look for your pics.

Janine, Abbey is on steroids for her lungs, she has bronchilitis atm and is having a few breathing issues, so the hope is they help to clear them up for her and make her better. If only I can get it to stay in her body for longer than 10 minutes.

I wouldn't be complaining about your night sleep either. Abbey was going really good until she got sick. Damn it. I hope it doesn't all go out the door.

Morgan, poor Alex, I hope that bug leaves your house very soon and bub doesn't get it. Tehya has always been a poor sleeper. We even failed sleep school. She is 3 now and still wakes everynight. And is then awake by 5 - 6 in the morning for the day. It's a damn joke with her.

Kts64s, can I ask your name ? or are you going nameless on here. It's cool if you are, I just feel funny writing initials down, feels impersonal.

Can't help you on the sippy cups just yet. Abbey is only having booby atm. Might start her on water in a few months or so. She doesn't need it right now though.

Abbey has been spewing all day. Only little ammounts though, nothing like this mornings effort. I guess I will see how she goes with tonights dose of medicine.

Our day is still far from over. Noah has his swimming lesson at 5.60, it's supposed to go for 30 minutes but she's always late and our class is the last one of the day so she goes later. We're lucky to be home by 7pm, then dinner and baths and DP has touch footy tonight. I hate wednesdays !!

Trish: hope Abbey is starting to feel better. What is it aout Touch Footy on Wednesdays lol.. Ethans plays touch footy ever Wed afternoon

Nope to any sleep here.. hardly any rest either. Jacob and Isaac were plain horrible today.. They got put in thier beds at 6.. and they screamed till 7.. but they got the message. they broke the light shade in thier room GRR.. not impressed

Olivia went to bed finally at 3 and slept till 5 and then went back to bed at 7.. She was laying on the floor reading with Ethan and squealing and carrying on.. soooo cute

Smile

HI All!

I hope everyone had a good night. For those of you whose little ones have started solids I was just interested in what you are giving them? Also are you making it yourself or using premade food.

I just finished making apples and carrot and it took me all morning. I want to give my little girl the best start.

I'd love to hear what everone else is doing and if you are using store bought is there any particular brands that anyone prefers?

Thanks

Pretty quiet in here

I haven't started Olivia on solids yet but with the boys I always made my own. Except the gels and fruit. I did do some of the pureed fruit with Jacob but he didn't like it.. He prefered the jarred stuff. Oh and I bought the cereals.. the Organic Porridge was Jacobs favourite..

I alternated between the Organice stuff and just the normal heinz stuff. Which ever tickles my fancy at the time lol..

Semi decent night here. Olivia woke at 2 and back to bed by 3 and slept pretty well till 5..

We not long got home from the beach park. the boys had such a fun time.. Olivia giggled and gurgled and had one small sleep

Well better move.. Have to go out again.. DH is on 12 days off now and he just woke from night shift.. So looking forward to this time off..

No solids here yet either, but with Tallon I mushed up veg & fruit myself and had a good supply in the freezer. They don't eat that much in the beginning, just a couple of icecubes of food at a time, along with some kind of cereal. So one good cook-up of veg & fruit can last quite a while. I will probably introduce finger foods a lot earlier this time, so when we have fresh cooked meals, I'll just give kayla a head of brocolli to make a mess with or something. hehe.

I have started Sofia on rice cereal atm which she promptly spat out the first time she had it, but now gets excited when she sees a spoon. With Maria I mostly made my own, with a few shop bought jars from time to time.

Just gave Olivia her first taste of 'solid' food (rice cereal). She seemed quite taken with it actually. She grabbed the spoon and chewed on it, stuck her fingers in her mouth with the food, spat bits out and generally had a good time. It was very cute.

On Monday we finally had rolling action!!! She can now roll from her tummy to back but has yet to figure out the reverse. Also convinced that she said 'mummy' on Monday night. DH thinks she said it too so that is a reliable witness ;-)

Sorry for the selfish post but just wanted to fill you in on the busy week we are having.

Hope all the babies and mummies are having a good day.

Nic, footy is way too often in this house. Noah has training for footy Tues and Thurs night and plays on Sat mornings, and DP has touch footy on Wed night, after we get back in from swimming lessons !!

Umm mahhh at the broken light shade. Hope that the boys calmed down somewhat for you hun.

Alicia, sounds like Olivia enjoyed her rice cereal. Clever girl she is.

Abbey is in bed, only problem is is that she went down by 6.30, without a night nappy on and without her medicine. I know the poor baby is tired and Ihate waking her up, but if I don't she will pee through everything.

Ohhh there she goes coughing her guts up. She'll wake soon enough on her own by the sounds of it.

Off to the baby expo tomorrow with a gf. Should be fun

Best go Abbey is crying now.

yay Alicia.. Way to go Olivia.

Trish: enjoy the baby expo

Long night here.. Went to inlaws for dinner only got home at 9.. Olivia screaming, Jacob screaming, Isaac snoring, Ethan telling me he had homework

I have a headache Everyone in bed now

Hi girls, just wanted to pop in and say hi.
    My car is being fixed at the moment, brakes started making funny noises yesterday so will post more later, just wanted to say hi!
    Hope everyone is well and the sick bubs are getting better.
    xxx

Hi all,
    What happened to the quick reply function?? I have trouble remembering what everyone said without being able to scroll up!!
    With solids- I'm going to try and go the home cooked into ice cube trays option *sigh* I hate cooking. I'll have the prepacked baby food for going our or emergencies etc. I think it'll work out cheaper to make it myslef, and there's some research about how they take to family foods better in the long run if you give them home cooked to start with, as the baby food jars are much sweeter and processed or something... but I've decided to take all research with a grain of salt and try not to pay too much attention,. only increases my mother guilt! I cooked up some pumpkin and froze it last night, but I'm goinjg to leave it a few more days before I give it to him. He loves his rice cereal but after I introduce the pumpkin I'm going to leave it three days and then introduce some stewed apple to mix in with the rice cereal because surely that stuff has to be really bland??
    I really can't remember what everyone else said to reply to it... sorry. We are still feeding every three hours at night. And now Ty's taken to not sleeping during the day. Rubs his eyes and yawns and gets cranky but will not go to sleep no matter what I do. So he ends up very tired and grumpy at 4 o'clock in the arvo and wants to go to sleep and not wake up (except to feed) until 4:30 the next morning, when he's wide awake and ready to play. We seem to be a bit out of whack here. Any ideas?

goodmorning everyone. ethan is a poor little sick bubba. he has been down for nearly a week now so hopefully it has nearly run its course. he has a running/blocked nose and all.
    looks like most of the bubbas and older siblings have been sick lately. go away bugs.
    hope everyones kids are better soon and all back to normal.

Hi everyone!

Sorry haven't been around much lately, but things have been busy and the little one has beena bit.."clingy" with teething etc! Now things seem like they are settling down again... for a while anyway!
    Have read everyone's posts though!..

Nic - Hope Olivia is OK and it's just a reaction from her vomiting!

Teena - so glad you are OK now!!

Hope he bubs that aren't well are getting better!

Solids - well we have started and she's loving it! have been doing the rice cereal for the last week and she had pumpkin for the first time yesterday! she loved it! opens her mouth for the spoon and even squeals if 'm not quick enough!! i've also given her a little fruit, but am holding of until she has had veggies first...

I'm making my own, and some store bought ones for emergencies etc.. see how we go! For those of you concerned, a good friend of mine is a food technical scientist (those who decide what goes in foods at a chemical level) she has done work for Heinz baby food and says she wouldn't hesitate to feed her child it! says the requirements are really strict!...

well we have now decided that blowing raspberries day and night and even with food in our mouth is a GREAT idea!! LOL... messy but cute!! We are also sleeping in our big cot, as the other day she cracked it when i tried to put her in the cradle for the night...so tried the cot and slept straight through!!...

hope everyone is doing well!
    Last edited by Harri; May 16th, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

New thread time.... here you go

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789