Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #13

Teena.. Sorry you had to go through that.. hoping the results of the tumor are good and come back quickly

Hi Teenarose - sorry to hear you haven't been well, I hope all is ok with the results of the tumor, keep us informed!

Liz - I have just started Jake on farex, he seems to not mind it too much, I'm going to slowly introduce other foods in a week or 2 as well, it's lucky my mum will be looking after him and she suggested the same thing, water or juice and a milky kind of solid like custard or yoghurt until I get back.

morgan78 Guest

TeenaRose...Good to hear you are home and hoping you get good news on the tumor soon.

Janine...We bf with ff topups, if you really need to give a ff then maybe try it in a cup or get someone else to try but i agree with the others here that solids would probably be a good option

Nikki...oh you naughty girl darl if Summer is ready then go for it i say and enjoy another step in this great journey

Miss V is pretty good atm...but im a little worried about Mr A...he was sick again last night after taking one mouthful of tea this was after he was fine all day, crashed around 6ish, woke up thru the night needing our bed (again!!!!!!! so for a decent few hours of sleep) and then today he has barely eaten...three spoons of cereal, a quarter piece of toast and 3 segments of orange. No temp, playing fine so i dont know will see how he goes

omg teena, so sorry to hear that. ive had issues since i was 14 so wen u said cysts i could relate but thats terrible it turned out to be a tumour.
    let us know how ur results go and look after yourself in the meantime!

Hi Ladies,

I will be quick because I am in the middle of organising a christening, selling and buying a house and getting DH ready for his trip to WA...oh yeah and it is my Birthday tomorrow

Teena - I am so glad that you are home. I am crossing my fingers that everything is ok.

Nic - I hope miss Olivia is ok.

Trish - Ihope miss Abbey is getting better too.

Adkins - Hi and welcome.

Morgan - Get better vibes to Alex.

Sorry if I missed anything else. Miss Loren had a health nurse check. She is 7.3kgs, 66cms long with a hc of 41. I am thinking about starting solids too. She has started waking twice through the night for a feed again....

BTW: I have read some posts where ppl are against using panadol. Anyone know why? I usually don't hesitate to use it if my kids are sick.

Bekz - im now onto nurofen! its great for ash's teething. I just try not to give it too often cos they can build an emmunity(sp?) to it so ive heard as with panadol. dont know why else it would be bad, its been around forever...

Hi all,
    We are all better and back to our busy social schedule thank god! I was going stir crazy being at home all the time.
    Nic- that's terrible with Olivia... praying for you guys.
    Teena- Praying for you too hun.
    Nikki- I'm on the solids train as well, with the Farex. Ty loves it. but tonight I made it up with boiled water instead of ebm and made a bit of an 'ewww' face.
    Morgan- hope Mr A is ok.
    Bekz- Happy Birthday!!
    Trish- Poor Abbey, still being sick... hope it clears up soon.
    Janine- hi!! Was it you who asked about the sterilizer? Mine Tommee Tippee one is 8 mins with about 200 ml water. But I don't sterlize bottles anymore. Still give his dummies a boil up once a day though.
    Speaking of dummies, is anyone else still using them? I know a few mums who have ditched the dummy and let bubs suck their thumb instead, but i thought that caused orthodontic probs??
    We went to clinic today and got weighed and I'm a bit stressed... Ty has only put on 50 gms in a month! He has steadily put on a kilo a month ever since he was born so the CHN said that it's probably because he has lost weight being sick. I'm going back next week and the week after to weigh him again... fingers crossed. I really don't want to have to give up bfing...

hi everyone,
    just a quick post to let you all know i am still alive. taking the car in for a service tomorrow so that should be interesting.
    hope all the kids that are sick get better soon.

morgan78 Guest

Hey Jas08 - if you are still interested in Friday hop on Messenger tomorrow sometime & we'll organise something.

will do more catch up tomorrow...yawn....bed now...Hope everyone has a good night

I was just curious how much everyone"s little girls weigh? Mine in weighing in at 7.5kgs and I'm just a little worried she too big?

Just a quick post to let you know the Dr called me this afternoon and I have the all clear... Thank you for your kind thoughts..

kts64s I have no idea what olivia weight prob around 6kg's I wouldnt worry to much I am sure she is a perfect size

yay teena

My Miss Olivia weighs around 7kg.. she is right on target.. Fat thunder thinghs and a skinny belly lol...

7.5kg is just fine..

Teena, sorry to hear you've had such a rough time huni. I hope you are on the mend now and yay for getting the all clear.

Kts64s, Abbey was weighed bare yesterday at the Paed and wieghs in at a whopping 6.36kgs my little skinny minny. HC 41cm. She's just over the 10th centile. Not sure on her length though, I can tell you that she's quite long though. She's just a petite little bub, who also has little fat thighs. About the only fat on her though.

LoriRae, please don't stress out over Ty's weight, and don't give up bfing because of it. Ty has been a sick boy lately and bubs will easily loose weight. Also, remember that BF babies gain at a different rate to bottle fed bub's.
    Abbey is thumb sucker by her own choice, although since mother's day she is taking a dummy now too. She was in the car crying and I spotted Tehya's dummy in there, was one of Abbey's she had nicked, so I put it in Abbey's mouth and she happily sucked away on it and has done since.

Nic, how is Olivia going ?

Nikki, good to see you back in here and good to hear that Summer is going well.

Janine, sorry can't help you with FF either. But I think what Liz has suggested is great. It sure beats stressing yourself out about that feed too. I would still try to have some BM expressed for your mum just in case though. Sometimes bub doesn't want a solids meal as such and just want's booby. Bub might even take it from a cup, this is a good way too to stop from the whole breast/bottle confusion for bub.

Bek, sounds like your Olivia is growing jsut fine too. Not sure what the issue is with panadol, but I do know that you should be very careful not to give nurofen too often as it can cause liver damage. Oh, if you are using MCN the panadol isn't great for the nappies. LOL.

Liz, bout time you stuck your head in here girl. How are the kids going ?

Abbey ended up getting an earlier paed appt for yest afternoon. I need not have rushed to it. Appt was for 4 and we weren't seen until after 5pm. He checked Abbey right over and she laughed away at him. Said that her chest was very very noisey (i know that) and seh was quite wheezy too. Yes she has bronchilitis still but he is thinking that we are heading towards asthma, although she is too young to diagnose that just as yet. Given that I am asthmatic it's highly likely. She is on Rediprep(steroids) for the next 4 days and has to have a ventolin puffer, 4 puffs 4 - 6 hourly. So there went $200 in the afternoon between the Paed fee's and medications.

Finally got a decent weigh on Abbey, being that she was naked. I don't take her to a clinic as such she she's never weighed bare. I thought that she would have weighed a little more than she did, but I'm not worried about it. Both her and Tehya have been slower to gain and are just generally smaller people.

Dr asked if she was on solids and I told him no, he said but she is 5 months, and I said yes and I will start her soon, in about a month or so time. She is not fussing with feeds etc, I have no need. Besides, with my asthma and I had excema at an early age the last thing I want to do is bring in allergies to Abbey. He agreed with me. Seem's this mummy does know her child better.

Abbey finally had a decent day's sleep yesterday and of course I had visitors over so no housework got done. Nor a nana nap. She slept for pretty close to 3 hours I think. Abbey never sleeps like that in the day. Now if only I could teach Tehya to sleep later than 5am !!

Trish: Sorry to hear that about Abbey. I remember when Ethan was 8 months old he got chest infectin after chest infection and finally a pead did an Xray and he was on the tail end of phenominia (sp) sorry if you mentioned it but have they done an Xray ? 6.3 is a good weight. Glad the pead didn't keep going on about solids.. Sometimes they get like that about things.

Well last night sucked completely. Olivia ent down like a dream at 7:30 but woke at 12:30. I thought yeehah when she went right back to sleep at 1 but she woke at 1:30 and tossed and turned and grizzled till 4 when I gave up and yup she is still awake now.. 3 hours later

agh..

Morgan: Hope Alex is feeling better this morning

Hi to everyone else.. hope you all had a better night then me

Nic, what a ***** of a night hun. Hope that somehow you manage to get some rest today. Is DH home today ?

Abbey has a chest xray done not Saturday gone but the one before. That showed the bronchiltis. Tehya had the same at 12 weeks and her's developed into pneumonia, she ended up hospitalised with it as she was dehydrated too, not feeding and pooing like a demon. If she doesn't start to clear up with the steroids and the ventolin I will be taking her back to my GP and asking for another xray to be done.

What p's me off though, my GP could have easily done what this Paed did yesterday, and saved me a whole lot of money. She told me that Abbey would need steroids but still sent me anyway...

Oh well, atleast he got to see the baby he told me I was starving at birth !!

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Oh well, atleast he got to see the baby he told me I was starving at birth !!

Dh is home but he was on night shift so will be asleep till after 3. I will try nap on the couch. If only the boys would just sit for an hour. I swea they only run around like lunatics when Olivia is asleep.. If she was awake they sit quietly but I can't rest. 14 hours and counting till bed time for me

I too would request another Xray to make sure. I hope it is clearing up by then though..

Morning girls!

Lori – Hi there! wasn’t me who asked about the steriliser but thanks for the info anyway!! We only use one bottle a day so I just boil it on the stove… when did you stop sterilising? It does become a bit of a pain so would it be ok for me to stop sterilising the bottles and just give them a good wash? I don’t bother sterilising dummies anymore.

Teena – so glad everything’s ok, that’s wonderful news!

Kts64 – Jake weighs around 6kg, don’t worry about her weight, I’m sure she’s fine! Jake did have a lowish birth weigh (6lb 5oz) so we’re just catching up now

Trish – Hi, nice to meet you, I hear you on the sleeping during the day, Jake will have an hour sleep in the morning but nothing usually in the afternoon and by 5pm he’s so grizzly, but just won’t go to sleep!! Luckily for me he does sleep through the night from around 9pm to 8am. How come little Abbey is on steroids? Hope all is ok.

Aussienic – Sorry to hear you had a sleepless night, hope you can catch up on a bit of sleep today if she has a nap.

How is everyone else’s bubs going sleeping through the night?? I count myself very lucky, he’s been doing that since around 10 weeks!

Hope everyone is having a good day

Janine: I personally think you can stop steralizing but if you prefer keep doing it.. As long as you was in hot soapy water and rinse thorougly all should be fine. I used to bil te jug and tip in some boiled water as well just to rinse a 2nd time..

HAHA at catching up on some sleep If only the other 2 would sleep or at least rest.. I will try napping on the floor with her though.

Just uploaded some new piccies

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast