Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

Hey Buzzie, is it just a vic thing or on it sa too?

P.S Hi everyone, no time for personals today, so busy!!

Oh will it not be on here in QLD??

I just made the yummiest banana muffins.. I posted the recipe.. So simple

and I made a sausage casserole from scratch.. Regular Martha Stewart here today

lots of children crying.. Isaac foul.. Olivia in a mood Best go I spose

I read your recipe Nic, it's just the kind I like - simple and yummy. Think I might be naughty and add cinnamon or choc chips though...

Finally success on the vegie front!!! Olivia has hated everything we have tried so far until today when she decided that she likes zucchini. DH is disgusted because he doesn't like it.

Hi all,
    Omigoodness when did it get so busy in here? I have skimmed but no personals, it's so late and I need to go to bed.
    One thing that did catch my eye was the co-sleeping thing.. we co-sleep and Ty still wakes up every two or three hours to feed like clockwork *sigh* I can't even conceive of him sleeping through the night. Solids haven't helped at all either, although we only do a teaspoon or so a night, apple and rice ceral at the moment.
    How did life get so busy???????? Why oh why did I not appreciate the serenity before I had a bub????
    Night all
    Will be sure to watch ACA Lauren How cool.

Lauren, I'm another that co sleeps. Have done with all of my babies. And nope, haven't found them to sleep better for it. You know, tbh I think Abbey sleeps better when she's in her own bed alnight. Of course she'd have to actually sleep through to stay in there in the first place LOL. How lucky are you to be getting all your beauty sleep in. Wish I was, suer could do with it.

Can't wait to see you on ACA, make sure you have your video ready to tape it. And geez, you couldhave sent Pinky here, we have LOADS of issues with both the girls.

Liz, don't you just love that nit burrowing in your hair. Tehya used to do the same thing to me, used to annoy the crap out of me. DP would ask what was up, and I'd say let her do it to you. Oh that's right, you don't have enough hair !! And hun lately, I've had lots of days where I'm not in a mum mood at all.

Nic, good on you and all your baking. Will have to go and check out your recipe. Bet it was great. I made banana bread the other day and it was delish. Gone in 10 minutes around here.

Carrie, you have serious boobs there hun I struggle when not BF to be a 12A. Yes you read right. Although on the upside when preg or BF I am a 14D, gone down to a 12 C now though Can you imagine how saggy my poor bb's get when not feeding after stretching to that big and then back down. Like deflated balloons.

You are a busy woman too, my kids have a busier life that I do, of course we have to run them around to everything. A better night here lastnight. although Abbey didn't even go down until 9.30, thats pretty late for her, normal bedtime is around 8pm.

LoriRae, see you should always be careful what you wish for I told the girls when we were in our preg buddy group to enjoy the peace before bub was born. Life is never the same after it. Of course it's a great thing, but somedays .....

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all doing well and bubbies are being kind to their mummy's.

Abbey had another good feed of her cereal and apple yesterday afternoon. Ate it all up. She's not going too bad with it at all.

I was running around lke a mad chook yesterday too. Dropped Noah off, came back and got Abbey dressed then out to a local park to do some pic's of her. A nearby baby shop is having a contest, they want a new face for their shop, so I sent in some pics of Abbey. I think she's pretty gorgeous so I thought what the heck. Back after the park and straight to Noah's school for education week. Looked around his classroom and then they had a 2 hour assembly !!! Noah's class did a song. Then it was time for the food fair. Was some great food there, parent's/kids had to bring in food from their culture. Nope Noah took nothing cos I'm a slack mum. Had some beautiful Indian food there though. And aren't I knowing it this morning

Tehya was up at sparrows fart and is in the lounge watching the wiggles. She's already showed as she got in the shower with DP at 5.45am. I might go head in there now while Abbey is still sleeping.

Have a great day all.

Alicia: I am so getting some choc chips today now lol.. Dh and I had one warmed up with ice cream and caramel topping last night.. OMG it was delish!!

haha at liking Zuccinni.. I am like that about Tuna. All my boys love it and I can't stand it, I can't even stand the smell.. If they want it they have to get it themselves and I send them outside to eat it lol

Trish: mm banana bread.. Will have to have a go at that the next time I get the urge to cook lol..

Good Luck for Abbey I bet she wins and if she doesn't the judges must be blind

Off to rocky today for the kidlets paeds appointments.. Feel like a hypochondriact taking 2 very healthy children to the Dr .. I am pleased they are well though

Well must go. Jacob having a meltdown (again) because of the shirt I got for him *sigh* he is so stubborn. yesterday he screamed for 40 minutes because I made him wear tracksuit pants..

Anyhoo.. Have a great day everyone...

ps Morgan: haven't seen you in for a bit. I hope those sickies have left your house

I thought ACA was all over Australia bugga. youll have to let me know if u guys dont get it.
    i will definately tape it if i can get my recorder working!

trish - yeh pinkys incredible hey.! shes helped soo many ppl. She came to visit me at the hospital when ash was born but he was an awesome feeder so we just chatted for hours on end. hehe Her massage classes are great too!

Ash started sitting up yesterday,. not 100% great at it.. but it was soo good to see him on his owndoing it. Will keep practising hehe

well ive got a shocking cold. i think yesterday took it out of me.. or someone breathed on me! RRHHHHHHH ok im off im buying ash a walker today ehehe.

morgan78 Guest

I'm still around...been keeping up with everyone's news but just never seem to have any time lately to myself. We're all still sick with colds..mines dropped onto my chest overnight and is turning very quickly into bronchitis very normal for me tho...taking the little ones to dr this arvo as Alex still has a cough and Vicky is sounding wheezy...i hope she's not developing bronchiolitis and curses on the person who said sleep was for the weak...Vicky took offence to that and now is waking 2-3 times a night so im joining the less than 4 hours a night club...yawn! plus she is shocking again at sleeping during the day. i think im going to have to get a carrier just so i can do stuff.
    Vicky is sitting by herself for a min or 2 now, no really rolling but then Alex was the same and he was on his feet by 7 months...no teeth and no really signs of them soon...no solids and im trying to hold off for another month
    Look forward to watching ACA on Monday Buzzie.
    Well have a good day everyone

Hiya girls, real flying visit here! It's my last day at work today - I then have 2 weeks off before starting the new FULL TIME job! Must say I am a little daunted by the prospect, mainly cause it will be weird to only see the boys in the mornings, evenings and weekends. But DH will be home with them fulltime so I can't really complain - a lot of mums have to work fulltime and leave their kids in care.

Glad everyone seems to be travelling well, and ATM I am with you on the bad sleep - Ollie is being unsettled ATM due to teething and working out his day feeds (currently has EMB and 2 formula feeds during the day, but is yet to start solids and is BFing 2-3 times over night plus first thing in morning and last thing at night).

LoriRae, NO ONE appreciates life before a baby till you have one LOL!

On car seats - we are still squishing Ollie into his capsule but buying a new car seat for Flynn (so we can put Ollie in Flynn's current one) is on our to-do list. Flynn was rear-facing til 10 months when his legs got too long and we will do the same with Ollie.

ciao bellas

Hiya girls!

Pretty good day here so far, Jake slept from 9:30 last night til 6:30 this morning, woke up to have a feed and then went back to sleep til 9:30am. I went back to bed too, naughty my I probably should of done my ironing but oh well, it’s not going anywhere!!

Nic – aca is on all over the country, but I think they have different stories on in different states? Your muffins sound delicious, I’ve been so slack lately on the cooking front! LOL at Jacob cracking it over wearing trackies, I’ve got all this to look forward to with Jake.

Alicia – lol at Olivia liking zucchini, so far I’ve only tried Jake on pumpkin and vanilla custard, he can’t get enough of the custard but is not so sure on the pumpkin, although he does eat it.

Lori – I hear ya on not appreciating life before bub, it really is so life changing isn’t it?? As much as I love being a mum I sometimes wish for the old life, even for just one day, but would never give up motherhood to have it back, I love my boy so much!!

Trish – you really are a busy woman aren’t you? I don’t know how you do it!! Good luck to Abbey, I’m sure she’ll be a winner 

Lauren – woohoo at Ash sitting up, that’s great! Jake sits up for a couple of seconds but is still a little too top heavy to do it on his own.

Morgan – hope everyone gets better soon, nothing worse than having the sickies!

Hi to anyone I missed, must go, Jake’s rolled on to his belly and is not sure how to get back yet so he gets frustrated…funny!!

Bye!!

Ooooh Nic you should buy choc chips. I just made your muffins and put choc chips in and they are extra yummy.

Janine, Olivia actually gagged when we gave her pumpkin. She also gagged so much when we gave her sweet potato that she made herself vomit :-( I think maybe she doens't like the consistency or feel of the pumkiny things. At least she seemed to like the zucchini, and she loves the plain farex.

Trish - Oooh Abbey the superstar :-)

Busy day in here again.

Alicia, lol at Olivia gagging on the sweet potato. Poor bubba.

Janine, Thanks I think Abbey's a winner anyway of course. What an awesome sleep you go. Half your luck hun. Just one day of not being a mum would be nice hey. But without the mother guilt too.

Rory, I'm sure you will go fine back at work. Your very lucky your DH is at home with the boys. Wishing you loads of luck there huni

Morgan, I hope you are feeling better soon hun and that Vicky's cold doesn't turn into bronchilitis too. Sending the sleep fairy your way so you can get some rest and get better. But only after she gives me a damn good sprinkling first.

Lauren, have you got someone else that can tape it for you ? I'd offer but I don't have a vcr Sorry to hear your sick now too. Seems we have all been down with something lately. Crappy weather for it too. Did you end up getting a walker for Ash ?

Nic, how did the paed appt go with the kiddies ? Hoping that all went well for you. And hoping that they can give you some answers re. Olivia's turns she has.

Had a busy day again, just out shopping for the day. But running here and there as usual. Sitting here giving Abbey some booby, she is falling to sleep, making the most of the quiet house while Noah and Tehya are out with DP for Noah's footy training. It's damn cold here already. My feet are freezing.

I have uploaded some more pics of Abbey to my gallery. Including some of the photos I submitted for the comp. Let me know what you think. Abbey's pics

Oh scrap that about Abbey going to sleep too. Little brat. Perhaps she read what I wrote !!

Quick hello to everyone, all pretty tired here, dd finally went to sleep (has only slept 40 min today) so I'm knackered. Skimming everything, sorry my brain can't retain anything to give personals, but I'm feeling for you all with all the different things going on.
    will look out for ACA.
    Trish, I think Abbey is gorgeous! You should win that comp! Can I ask where you did her baptism invite - it's so lovely!
    Sleepy vibes to all. My word we need them here. What I would give for a whole night's sleep. And in fact, for dd to actually go to sleep anytime at all during the day!

Jus, I did Abbey's baptism invite myself Looks nice hey. Helps that I had such a gorgeous photo to use too I think.

I am hearing you on no day sleep too. It's so very draining to have a baby awake all day. There is only so much you can do to entertain a 6 month old too.

Sending the sleep fairy to you too huni.

trish - i got the walker today, ahs likes it but wont stay too long in it. wen hes using his legs more im sure ill be fun!
    is that a pic of abbey in ur sig??? she looks sooo big now!

Lauren, as he gets bigger I'm sure he will love it. Prob still a litte too young for it just yet.

And yep, that's Abbey. There is a bigger copy of it in my gallery. She is still very petite, but getting bigger slowly

Lauren: We get ACA. Hopefully it is the same all over Aus.. Will definitly let you know! Glad Ash liked his walker.

Morgan: Good to see you are around. I hope those sickies leave soon!

Rory: Good luck at your new job.. Enjoy your 2 weeks off Happy 6 Months to Ollie for yesterday!!

Janine: What an awesome sleep! Way to go Jake. I hope your little man isn't as stubborn as mine. Although if Jacob maintains this stubborness he might well just do great in life.. If you know what I mean. He knows what he wants and when!

Alicia: I am so making them with choc chips Isaac has put in a request for Apple Muffins so going to give the same recipe a try but with pureed apple..

Trish: OMG Abbey is just way to cute! Love the pics!! (will update on kids app below)

ok today was long .. We left here at 9 got to rocky around 10:30.. Had lunch with mum and then went to the hospital.. Our Appointment was at 1pm. We got in just after 1 and finally got out at 3:30. Olivia is fine.. Dr is 99.99% convinced nothing is wrong with her heart *phew* She did an ECG which was perfect and everything else is perfect. We have been given the go ahead for needles and solids so a big week coming up for Olivia .. I feel more relieved after seeing this Dr as we really trust her. I do have a note to give to any Dr seeing Olivia if she has another turn though requesting her Blood sugar levels get tested and an ECG done while she is having a turn..

Isaac on the other hand is getting an MRI done. I am a little worried as I really thought today she would just say she was happy the drug was working for Isaac but now she wants this done. It will take any doubt out of our minds though so in a way it is a good thing. It is always in the back of our minds that there might be something in there that shouldn't be so crossing all it comes back clear and we can feel better kwim?

Other then that today was good.. We were happy with the appointments.. Olivia isn't going back unless something happens and Isaac goes back on the 10th July..

Oh and if it stops Raining we are going camping tomorrow.. If not we start solids ..

Hi Everyone,

I have been MIA for a while now. Not really sure why but I just don't get time to post much plus things have been really over whelming for me atm. Doc thinks I have pnd.

I have been reading posts but to be honest I haven't been able to keep up. Everyones bubs sound like they are progressing really well.

Anyway I won't be around much because we have sold our house and bought a new one. We have really outgrown a tiny first home and thankfully we are moving to a slightly bigger home in a better area. I can't wait!!!

Miss Loren is doing great. She is almost fully crawling and is vocalising heaps. I still can't get a good sleep out of her during the day but her overnight sleeping is improving. I have tried solids but she hates rice cereal, so I am going to leave the solids for a couple of weeks. We are all sick at the moment. Loren and I have really bad cold and coughing.

Hugs to everyone

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast