Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

Default Babies born December 2007 #14

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

[b]Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here.

Last edited by Trillian; May 18th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

morgan78 Guest

woohoo i get first post....we are all good

Trish - How is Abbey?
    Haroula - That is sooo cute
    LoriRae - We make sure we go for a walk every morning just before Vicky gets tired and that way we get at least one sleep in. Also you could try carrier/sling around the house.

Sorry girls just need to vent at the moment.

As some of you may know, we've been having trouble with Jake taking a bottle...

Well I was speaking to my sister in law this morning about it and she said that it sounds like he's gonna be either a bottle of breast baby and that I should give up bf'ing. I said that's not an option as I am not ready either emotionally or for the nutritional benefit to give it up, I'll keep feeding him morning and night even when I go back to work. So she goes on to say in a very nasty tone "well you might as well just throw out the bottles and keep bf'ing til he's 5!" So I politely exited the conversation, hung up the phone and burst into tears!!

I am doing the right thing aren't I?? I just feel so down at the moment and I guess I need reassurance that I know what's best for my boy.

She was just so mean!!

Sorry this is an all about me post but I'm so upset right now.

morgan78 Guest

Hun of course your doing the right thing and IMO you sister was way out of line with a comment like that...tell her to go & read the WHO recommendations.

I know, I have a feeling there may be a little resentment towards me as she didn't breastfeed and i think she may be regretting it now.
    Either way, it still hurt me and I think i will start to limit the contact / details i tell her from now on.
    Thanks for the reassurance, it really helps.

Of course you are doing what's right!! you make sure you do whatever is bet for both of you!

Chrissie is ff, and that choice i made because it was the best thing for us as my milk wouldn't sustain her for more than 2hrs and she wasn't feeding well!

If he wont take a bottle, why not try a sipper cup... i have one for Chrissie to learn to drink her water out off... it takes them a little bit to get the hang of it.. but it works!

hi everyone, haroula i hear you on the clingy. i cant put Ash down for 1 min these days and his gums are so sore, i think i also felt them today. i can see them clear as and ready to pop. poor things i hate this stage

hope everyone is well. And janine, stick to your guns girlie! dont let anyone tell you wats best for your bubs. Mummies know best!!!

just a quick reply to Janine.. will do more after the school run

Janine go tell your SIL to jump in a lake You can do both.. and well done on doing both.. You listen to what your heart and head tells you

BBL

Trish: How Is Abbey tonight? Fingers crossed she is feeling better..

Morgan: Hope alex is feeling better too

Haroula: Great Suggestion about the cup

Lauren: He just loves his mummy Frustrating though isn't it.. I hate days where i am left nursing the baby all day.. I love her dearly but I also like having feeling in my arms lol..

Good day here.. Went shopping and I bought that 4 Ingredients cook book.. and I found Olivia her first pair of Flannelette Jammies OMG she looks gorgeous heehee...

Well off to watch some tele and browse BB..

Smile Just wondering???

My little girl is my first, and I was never a 'baby person' so I always said I would have two children only. She just hit the five month mark and I have the reoccuring thought that I might like more than two! Am I mad???? How have I gone from wanting two to more??? Am I just in a brain fuss atm or has this happened to others??

Just wondering?

morgan78 Guest

Yep definately certifiably mad
    Seriously tho it is so normal to feel/think like this, i keep thinking about #3 and i was never a "baby" person and always said 2 was it.

Nic - Alex is not doing so great...we have discovered that the vomiting is a nervous reaction to us being too tough on him and now he is barely eating at all...poor little guy i didn't realise just how sensitive a child he is dont i feel like the worst mummy ever ...we have got him taking the Incremin - cheers for the suggestion and we have taken a massive step back and trying super hard now to just keep everything calm, happy & loving...raised voices are now BANNED in our house. So hopefully in a week or 2 things will have improved if not will have to look into outside pro. help.

If any of you have any suggestions i would love to hear them or if you want to tell me off go for it

Hi all,
    Morgan :hugs: don't stress hun- at least now you know what it is and can try and fix it. I can imagine how awful you feel, but like you said you didn't realise what a sensitive kid he is. Thanks for the sleep idea too, now just have to get off my lazy bum and go for a walk!!

kts- Nope, not mad. I was just saying to dh the other day 'we should really have another one' and I'm an accidental parent- never meant to have a baby in the first place!! They are just so cute and the rewards outweigh the bad stuff (although the house being a mess is really getting to me!)

Nic- I have the 4 ingrediants cookbook too, it's pretty good. Anything that makes life easier.

We've got clingy baby vibes going on here too, big time. Ty's top two teeth are right there under the gums and driving him up the wall. Thank God for the Bonjela!! I used the sling today so I could at least get a bit done and now my back is killing me. Got some horrid nappy rash going on too, won't be using the BabyLoves again. the clinginess is kind of endearing though, it's nice to know that being in mum's arms fixes the pain.
    Ty tried pumpkin today for the first time and did not like it all. he actually shuddered and gagged at the taste of it so it's back to just rice cereal for a while. I really want to get him onto vegies before fruit because I'm worried if we start wih fruit he won't like vegies as they are not as sweet.
    I really need to stop logging on to BB so much it's addictive and I always seem to get to bed much later than planned!!

ETA- Morgan, one of my friends litlle one's has bad anxiety and she's found that a few minutes of 'happy time' every night helps- they all sit down as a family with no TV and no distractions and talk about the best thing and the worst thing that happened that day and one thing that made them really happy...
    ETA again- stick to your guns Janine!!! You know what's best.
    Last edited by Lolli; May 16th, 2008 at 10:54 PM.

Morgan.. Don't beat yourself up to much.. Parenting is a huge learning thing especially in the beginning.. Look at how much I beat myself up the other night over Ethan.. (thanks for the chat that night too) I think he needs to have boundaries but yes calmness and lower voices are good too.. Now for me to listen to my own advice

Kts: I was never a baby person. Other peoples babies I am like meh take em back lol.. and I ended up with 4 Although after my first I wasn't keen on the idea for another till he was over 1. With the others I was still pregnant and ready for the next hehe...

LoriRae: at the gagging. Jacob used to do that.. He hated zuccinni. If you want him to have veges first add a little bit of apple to the vege. I always trialed pumpkin first too as it is sweeter but with Jacob we added a tiny amount of pureed apple.. and then took it out once he got used to the taste

Tip for mums starting solids. Well recipe I guess.. just sharing what we did

Once all veges and fruits had been tried we would mix them together. So say we had potato, pumpkin and broccili and then a bit of apple mixed through.. Or pear.. The boys loved it!

We are worried about Olivia today.. silly really. the 2 days she had her "turns" she had slept through the night before. Well last night she slept through. 7:30 till 5 am then she went back to bed at 5:40 till 8:45 and then she went back to bed at 10:30 and is still asleep now. I am so worried that she is going to do 'something silly' today.. Will the worry ever stop

on the bright side I got some bloody decent sleep

Well SIL and kids coming for dinner and sleepover tonight so we have been scrubbing the house. omg it was such a pigsty.. but we got on top of the mess that was consuming us now just the washing to be folded and more to be washed.. Agh who would have thought 6 people would create so much washing

AussieNic - I know it's hard not too worry. Fingers crossed for you.

I was just wondering if anyone has lost there baby weight? I am incredibly lazy since having my Bub and am thinking I should be out walking rather that sitting in front of the computer.

I go back to work in 6 weeks so I really need to make use of the little time I have. I'd just rather eat than exercise. I have to get my head back into the right frame of mind to do it.

Hi all,
    Nic- Crossing my fingers for you too.I'm sure she'll be fine... that's a good question, does the worry ever stop?? All I seem to do is worry somedays and we haven't had any dramas. I'd hate to think what a basket case I'd be if I went through whast you have. Thanks for the apple tip too, I'll have to try that. Just went with rice cereal today cause I was feelong a bit lazy. I'm actually going to try mixing the pumpkin tomorrow with a bit of breastmilk.
    kts- Happy to say I've lost all but 2 kilos of baby weight. Those last 2 aren't really bothering me too much cause I think I was bit too skinny before I got pregnant, only 50 kilos. I put on 14 kilos when I was pregnant but I walked a kilometre every day (inlcuding the day I went into labour!) so it fell off pretty quick... think the BF helped too.
    Pretty quiet in here today... hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I'm off to work tomorrow and Ty and dh are off to church in the morning to see about a baptism... hoping the place doesn't fall down around dh as soon as he walks in
    Night all

hi everyone.

have been a tad awol this past week.

welcome and hello to the new mummies.

mirani and alisha have both had colds this week.

i havent been myself this week either. not sure if its the pnd coming back (i had it with both tia and alisha) or if i've just had a really down week. but im thinking that it probably is the pnd. feeling very teary and lonely atm and finding it hard to talk to ppl.

:hugs: Michelle.. I was worried I had PND a couple months ago but I think mine was just lack of sleep.. I hope the same goes for you,,

Rough night here last night.. Jacob woke at 11 spewing.. First time we have had to deal with an all night vomiter and he threw up all over Simon, which I have to admit was the funniest thing ever. Well to me anyways All day the poor little man has been unwell. his first tummy bug.

Olivia on the other hand is fine

It got cold here and all day we have been sniffling and rugged up.. now for you southerners it might be warm but we only reached 20 degrees late this afternoon.. and its blowing a cold breeze.

Nic - Hope Jacob has a better night tonight.

It is getting cooler here too Nic, I will put an extra jumper on here in sympathy for you.

We have had a good weekend here. I went to the baby expo on Friday and entered many a competition and won a stroller. It is vrey similar to the one I already have for Sofia but now I don't have to lug hers out of the car everytime I want to go down the street, I can just leave one in the laundry or DH's car. Today we went for a walk and we were able to puush a girl in there own seats and both had midday naps and we got to have lunch in peace - yay.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast