Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

Hi all,
    Nic- Glad to hear your appointment went well.
    Jus- As you knwo, I know what you mean... what I wouldn't do for a full night's sleep. After rego's are paid Tony has promised to take me to a hotel for the night... room service, Foxtel and at least 8 hours sleep... heavenly.
    Trish- How cute is Abbey? Glad she likes her rice cereal.
    Alicia- Ty gagged on pumkin too, and shuddered at the taste of it. Gagged tonight on sweet potato but still wanted to eat it...hmmm...
    Morgan- hope you all feel better soon.
    Lauren- A walker, how cool, I am seriously thinking of investing in one of those, I reckon Ty would love it.
    Thought I had the weekend off work, and I've just discovered I'm working Sunday *sigh* was looking forward to heading out to the markets. Oh well.
    Our mum's group had the most awesome picnic in a park today, it was so lovely. Nice weather, well behaved bubs, lots of food...
    12 more days and I've reached my first bf'ing mini goal of six months. After 2 weeks of crying every time Ty layched on and 8 weeks of nipple shields, I am very proud of me
    I have a very whingy grumpy pork chop on my hands at the moment. And his night sleeping is getting worse and worse, especially for the few hours before I go to bed when he's in his own cot. I've been told by the CHN that maybe it's a sleeping and settling problem not a feeding thing with all the night feeds, but he actually seems really hungry and it's hungry crys. After a feed he's straight back to sleep, so I just don't know. tried all the rewrapping, dummy and patting him to back to sleep stuff but he gets really frantic unless I feed him, so maybe he just likes his food?? I just cannot do 'comfort settling' (what a nice term for controlled crying!!) so I think it's a few more weeks of broken sleep for me at least....
    Night all

Trish – those pics are absolutely gorgeous, you sure do have one beautiful bubba, she’s so big!! I’ll have to get on to uploading some pics of Jake, been pretty slack!

Jus – hope you had a better night’s sleep last night, Jake’s been the same way with his day sleeps, drives you nuts hey!!

Lauren – which walker did you get for Ash? We’re looking at getting one for Jake too.

Nic – Jake is a stubborn little boy too, he won’t do anything that he doesn’t want to do lol. But yeah, hopefully it will be a positive when they’re older, I can be quite stubborn at times too so I know where he gets it from  So glad to hear that Olivia is fine and I’m sure Isaac will be too, have my fingers crossed that all comes back ok.

Bekz – so sorry to hear that you’re not doing so well. Just know we are all here for you if you need to vent or even just have an adult conversation  Congrats on the new house, that’s great!! And way to go on Loren crawling, Jake’s not up to that stage yet but is very vocal!

Lori – that is fantastic news on your bf for 6 months. I too had a bad start to bf’ing, although not as bad as yours but I sure can relate to the crying every time they latched on for the first week atleast and I used nipple shields for a few days as well, it really is worth it though isn’t it? Now I don’t want to give it up, and neither does he! Jake is the same way at night if he wakes up, which thankfully isn’t that often, the only way I can get him back to sleep is to feed him. You know what’s best for him so just keep doing what you think is right!

Well we had some exciting news yesterday, we are now land owners!! We put an offer in on a block of land a couple of weeks ago which was accepted, but there was an old building on it which needed to be approved for demolition as part of the contract… well it was approved yesterday as well as our finance so now we just sit back and wait for settlement day on 4th July. We’re so excited and looking to start building our house around xmas time!!

Catchya all soon, sorry if I missed anyone!!

adkins - i just got a babyco one - but it was from ebay. I buy everything from ebay. and it was only $20.
    It is a space ship one - i thought it was a car but yeh.. lol its really good, the toy tray comes off to a plain tray and it has lots of heigh adjustments as he grows for his legs. And of course a big soft back support. but its great, better than being stuck on the floor all the time.. hehe

Janine, she really isn't that big hun. Only 6.5 kgs and she's 6 months old. She's 67cm though. Can't wait to see some pics of Jake. Bet he's a spunk

Congratulations on your block of land. How exciting to be building a brand new home. I wish I got to build mine new. There are so many things I want different.

LoriRae, I agree, they try to sugar coat it calling it comfort settling. It is what it is, no matter how you paint it.

6 months is an awesome effort especially after a troubled start. For me, someone who has had her issues feeding babies over the years too, I was suprised with the troubles Abbey and I had in the early weeks, But her's was more from illness then anything else. Tehya was fed until 26 months and I hope to atleast get that far with Abbey.

Bek, huni. Sounds like Loren is going along fantastically. Congratulations on selling and re buying a house too. Well done you lucky girl I hope both you and Loren get better really soon hun.

Nic, great to hear that Olivia's appt went well for you and her. As for Issac, well I hope that the MRI is all clear and at the very least it's one worry off your mind. Have fun either way, with the camping or the solids.

Abbey is in bed asleep for once. Hasn't been there long but I have plans for her to sleep for 3 hours. PMSL, don't like my chances though.

Have a great day girls and thanks for looking at Abbey's pics and the comments.

trish - good luck with getting Abbey to sleep that long, the most Sofia ever gets to in a fay nap is 1.5hrs, thanks to a big sister that wants to play or change her nappy or feed her.

gosh times flies - how did Sofia get to 7 months?

Meant to mention.. Olivia is 7.5kg and 66cm long

Holy!! Happy 7 months Sofia!!

I have bought Olivia a cute pink and purple bowl and spoon and some farex.. Will start tomorrow morning. We bought her one of those A Frame play gyms today and she has been laying under it for the last half hour. kicking and squealing at it.. Even picking it up and moving it around..

now she is ready for a sleep so must go..

OK so I didn't get 3 hours out of Abbey. But I did get nearly 2. That's pretty good for her.

My Ergo finally came today and after Abbey woke up and had her bum change and feed I put her in it. I went and hung the washing out and she was fine. Came back inside and sat down and Abbey snuggled up and went back to sleep for about 90 mintues

Of course the only things I got done today was the washing and the dishes. Ooops. I was enjoying the chance to sit on the computer un interupted for once.

Happy 7 Months to Sofia. OMG these babies are growing up wayyyyyy too fast.

Nic, I got Abbey a new bowl and spoon set yesterday. It's from the Nuby range, so very cute. The bowl looks like a space ship, it's microwavable and has a lid too, so great to take out with me.

Good luck with the solids hun. I'm sure Olivia will love them
    Last edited by Trish; May 30th, 2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typos

I got the heinz ones.. I have used them for all the boys except now I get to buy pink instead of blue

I will get her a cup tomorrow.. Will get the tommee tippee one as I was happy with them for Jacob

I still have Noah's Heinz one. That's what Abbey has been using so far. Mum got her the Nuby set. It's very cute. But I plan on getting her a Heinz set too. They sure do last.

is anyone using the new huggies nappies.. i really dont like them! anyone else seen them?

Hey guys, I love the heinz range too. Funnily enough it was my dad who gave ella a sippy cup for xmas or I would never have known about them - & he would have just picked it at random in Big W lol.
    Ella's over playing on the floor a lot too, and /or is becoming very clingy, so we've got her playing with the same stuff (A frame & baby gym) but from her Bumbo, which she's loving cause she's upright. I'd love to get her a walker thingy but we have no room / money atm. I saw a cool fisher price one that acted like a jolly jumper too. I put her in it in the shop & she loved it. Might go visit there regularly he he he.
    Ella actually managed to do some better sleeping last night (has been a bit lately, but now probably won't given I've told you all - only getting up to her once or twice for epic feeds). Sadly last night I was awake (stresshead me - lots of stuff going on & a bit overwhelming atm), but we had a better day today with sleep with her, and I managed to stay calm & call in back up with MIL & FIL, and got some exercise too. All thanks to bellybelly lovely girls suggestions. I actually got a meal prepared (gasp)
    Janine; Congratulations on the block of land - how exciting, have fun designing the house
    Congratulations on 7 months Sofia. No way. Where does the time go. I remember bringing Ella home from hospital thinking we would never need to think about solids & now here we are!
    BekZ - congratulations on the new house - wow, what a lot of changes & things to do for you. Sorry to hear things are overwhelming at the moment. Try to take care of yourself. You're not alone in feeling down, so try not to feel too lonesome in it all

Nic - glad the appointment went well. I know what you mean about feeling silly taking healthy child (ren) along ... always feel like they'll think I've got Munchhausens' or something, and then they always validate you anyway. You've got to trust your instinct & your right to do whatever you can to make sure things are OK. Good luck with Isaac too. & so glad you've got a paed who wants to be thorough. Turns out there might be something up with Ella & I'm kind of wishing someone had asked a few more questions at 3 months, as this may have been spotted then... No biggie, but glad you're in good hands.
    Hey Lori - congrats on the 6 months, especially when it's been hard work. We're nearly there too, altho not so tricky apart from the beginning. And as you know, I'm a regular milk fountain. hmm. moo. I'm thrilled to bits. I just keep setting more mini goals so that I don't make it too hard. I figure if we've come this far, we can keep going now! Hey, remind me to lend you that Elizabeth Pantley book soon, it may have useful stuff re all the night-waking/feeding. It's such a lovely book, and my brain is too full to read & use it right atm, so I'll try to bring it along next week. If not I'll drop it over, or feel free to come by & grab it. Ohh, what would I give for a night at a hotel. On my own. sigh.... Maybe when she's 1 I can celebrate with a night off ...
    Wow, a long one for me. Surprised I could remember anything.
    Sleepy vibes to all tonight.
    PS. forgot to say, I'm pretty sure Ella hates the rice cereal (BORING!), so gave her some of my porridge today which she loved (hope that wasn't bad), and then gave her a crust off my toast later, which she LOVED. Sweet potato tomorrow. hope no gagging.
    Last edited by Jus; May 30th, 2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: add ps.

Jus, good to hear you are feeling better hun. Those BB girls are just lovely hey

Lauren, what are the different nappies ? I mean how are the diff. I'm not sure if I've tried them or not.

yeh Lauren what are the different ones? I got a new box just the other week and they are fine same as always!

Jus: It always makes you feel good when you achieve something. Olivia was getting pretty foul on the floor but this play gym seems to have helped.. I hope to get her bounce and play thingy back soon.. Not sure if she is ready for it yet though

Does anyone else's baby has "tantrums" Olivia has started screaming and arching her back even if she is on her tummy on the floor or in the car seat. She arches her back and just screams till she gets what she wants... usually to be picked up. I call them tantrums cus I wouldn't knw what else to call them

Hi all,
    Lauren- Which are the new ones? The 'new improved' ones, with the big Winnie pic instead of the small ones?
    Jus- hugs for you darling. You are such a trooper. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I'll pop in and grab the book sometime soon.
    Nic- Yep, we have mega tantys here, especially with the car seat. As soon as i try to put Ty in he screams and arches his back and it's a big problem. part of the reason I swapped the capsule for the rear facing is that he kept bumping the back of his head on the capsule... at least the car seat is soft!! I have a soft toy that I've been sitting on top of the headrest in front of him while i put him in and that's helped a bit- distracted his attention.
    Congrats on the house Bek and the land Janine and happy seven months Sofia!!
    We've got Munchking feeding spoons- they change colour if the food is too hot- and a Bunnikins bowl and plate set, which is super cute. I'm using the First Years take or toss sippy cups at home and have two different Tommee Tippee ones for going out (bought before my TT boycott.) Also ahve some take or toss bowls for food out and about when we need it.
    OK, I'm going to try and have an early night (!!) so I'm logging off now, before I start reading posts and articles and god knows what (BB Addicts Anonymous, sign me up).
    Night all

I am the same.. I am so tired.. Why don't I just go to bed..

I think I am enjoy just sitting here in the quiet with no kids calling "mummy mummy mummy" that I don't want to give that up just yet

Meant to say congrats on the house Bek and Janine on the land..

hahaha nic I still haven't logged off- hour and a half later!!!

hi everyone,

Mirani's puking was thankfully just a 24hr thing. i gave her some panadol on the sat afternoon and she got a decent nap, woke up and was fine. so just before bed, after her feed, i thought i'd give a little bit more to help her sleep but the tatse of it made her puke more. even tried mixing it with a little oj but she still gagged on it.

thankfully when she woke up on the sun morn, she was back to her usual happy self.

solids: we are now up to around 2 - 3 times a day as she just refuses to take a bottle sometimes.

nappies: we tried the huggies, and i doubt very much that i will use them ever again. we had more leakeges with those than with cheap target branded ones. we now using baby loves atm.

miurani and i are going to the drs on wed. her for her 4mth needles and me cos i'm just not feeling right. been feeling dizzy and quite light headed the past few days and almost fainted the other morning while getting the kids ready for school.

take care,

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast