Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #15

Lauren, i dont balme you for wanting kids to the same dad.

i'm pretty much the most fertile person i know, so hurl all the birth control my way.
    Tia was an accident. and then a year later alisha was another one. both times, getting preg was not in the picture. i'd been off the pill for almost a year when i found i was already 21 weeks with mirani! so glad i had her when i did. if i'd had her 2 -3 years ago when leesh was little i would have totally lost it.

almost dp and i had it out last night and didnt talk at all until sometime this afternoon. i almost couldnt keep the tears in at mums this afternoon. my dad picked up that somethingwasnt right and asked if i was ok, and told him i didnt want to talk about it ans that everything was fine. my parents raised me to be a strong independant woman who stands up for herself and for what is right and to take no crap. but i dont know where that person has gone.

take care

Michelle. I actually had a teary today about stuff so told DH to wash his hands (was working in the garage) and look after the little Miss as I was going out. I took myself off to a movie and felt so much more relaxed just being able to sit on my own, move if I wanted to move, drink without dodging little hands grabbing at the cup... well you get the idea. Just those 2 hours on my own made me feel a little more human again, I can highly recommend telling your dh to take over for a few hours and running off for some you time.

Can totally relate to the hubby who thinks doing something once (dinner, washing, bathtime) deserves a round of applause.

LoriRae - I have used one of the mesh feeder thingys, and so have a few of my mothers groups mums, and we all like them. I like that I can just pop a bit of whatever fruit I am eating in it and Olivia can have a little exploratory taste of it without me worrying about mushing it up first. She really likes bananas in it.

Michelle, it was must be the weekend for it huni. I really think you need to take some time out and re group. You sound like you were raised to be the same as I am. It really gets to me if I feel that my independance is gone or someone is holding me up. If this is your partner then you need to knuckle it out. Tell him how you are feeling and what is going on. If he doesn't validate your feelings or try to help you out somemore I'd be questioning a lot of things.
    You are a worthwhile person and you should be treated as such. It's ok to have a cry on your mum's shoulders too. That's what mums are for.

I went to my mum's yesterday to have a talk but my nieces just would not give us any space. Typical kids, scared they were going to miss out on something.

Alicia, ohhh lucky you getting to go to the movies. I want to go see sex and the city when it comes out. But not sure how Abbey will go in the movies. See there's a problem with demand bf'ing, you can't just up and go without the handbag, oh I mean baby.

LoriRae, thanks for reminding me of those little mesh things. While I was at mums she made some pancakes, some with banana in them, so I was pulling out the banana and feeding it to Abbey. She happily scoffed it down.

Louise, oh give your DH a clap Think you need to toe him up the bum huni. How are the girls going ?

Jus, thanks. My day wasn't too bad. I was going out for an hour or maybe 2. Went to the baby markets, nothing there, and was finished within 30 minutes so I went to mum's. Got home just before 5 !! Just Abbey and I, was nice to get away from home for a while. Oh and trust me when I say, that when they are teenagers, it's much worse. Atleast now, even though they are waking us up, we know where they are and who they are with. And we know that they are at home when they should be.

Jas, I hope you managed to get someof that washing done. I have some in right now. Even though it's not going to dry as the rain has started here too. Some will go in the drier and some on the undercover line.
    The animal park sounds very cool. Even better that it's for free. Not much around is free anymore.

Nic, don't you just love that call. I always get it the minute I start feeding Abbey or when I have her just about to sleep. Let me just say that Tehya is learnign very fast how to DIY, although she comes out and says to me, with pants around her ankles, Mum, is my bum wiped properly ? Then I get a brown eye. PMSL. Oh well, atleast she won't have flies hanging around her butt.

What a ***** of a night again. I fell to sleep on the lounge, once again, watching big brother. And DP walked out with Abbey at 10pm. That man just will not even try to resettle her. She cries so he picks her up straight away and takes her out to the lounge room where the light is on. Of course I get up and go and take her back into the room and then he gets to lay down and go to sleep while I deal with her. SHe was up around 6 times lastnight then Tehya was callign out for DP at 5am, So I have to get up with her. I am soooo freaking over she crap at this wake up and screaming out to him in the morn. Something has to be done. But what do you do at 5am when there are other kids and a baby in the house. If you tell her to be quiet and stay in bed she will scream the house down. But I know it's the only way to break her habit. I cant believe that she still does not sleep through the night at 3 years old. It doesn't matter if she goes to be early or late, has a nap in the day or doesn't.

OK, I've had my whinge. Better go and get sorted for the day. The only positive at being up at sparrows fart is getting the washing done early. Although today there's not a lot of point anyway with the rain.

Have a good one girls and I hope you had a better night than I did.

Michelle: I wish I could say something to make you feel better but I am not ood with words so will offer a and let you know my ears are always here

Alicia: Hello I am not sure what to think of those mesh feeders. I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon.. they make me gag for some reason just thinking about them lol

Trish: wow what a crap night indeed.. Ethan never slept through the night till he was 4. he used to call out or come into our bed. We didn't have any other kids so we ended up just getting tough and shutting his door when he carried on.. eventully it worked. at the brown eye. We get that too and go Thanks kiddo

back to a normal night here. Olivia woke at 3:30 and was awake till just after 4. We woke to her in her cot on her back and Isaac and Jacob playing with her. How we didn't hear them come into our room I don't know

Well best move.. Have a Drs appointment today to get the results back on the nerve test on my wrists.. bout time!!! only been 3 weeks

Trish - you poor thing. Kayla hasn't been too bad the last couple of nights.. we've had a few good stretches. But Tallon seems to be waking up in the foulest mood. Whinging and kicking. Argh. Not a nice way to wake up. He still wakes up through the night too... altho he's getting better. I suspect he wakes up if he's wriggled out of his blankets and gets cold. but he just brings himself in and goes back to sleep. But yeah, he woke up in a foul mood this morning.

What are these mesh feeders?

Hi ladies. Gosh, you miss a couple of days and have pages and pages to read through lol! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Ours wasn’t too bad, had a 2nd birthday party to go to yesterday, they really went all out and had a jumping castle and petting zoo in their back yard, can’t begin to imagine how much all that would of cost!! Jake had a good time looking at all the other kids playing I think he just wanted to get up and play with them!!

Well here’s my attempt at personals, so sorry if I miss anyone but there’s so much to catch up on! 

Alicia – I can relate to not sleeping the first time Jake went in his big boys cot, I kept getting up to check on him all the time too. Glad to hear she did well though.

Trish – jake is having tantrums from time to time as well, it seems the last week or so I haven’t been able to do any housework at all as he screams when I’m not with him and he’s a terrible day sleeper, right now he’s crying in his cot as I’m trying to get him to have a nap, oh what fun! I’m a big softie and don’t let him cry for too long. Sorry to hear you didn’t have a good night, hugs to you!

Lauren – I have no idea on the ttc thing either, I haven’t got af back but she can stay away as long as possible, in fact I don’t want her back at all!!

Bekz – my DH never wakes up either when Jake cries during the night, partly my fault as I have always been the one to get up to him, I don’t think dh has ever gotten up in the middle of the night, he probably thinks because he doesn’t have the equipment to feed him he shouldn’t bother… oh well!
    With the solids, I started giving them to Jake around lunch time as then I could keep a close eye on him to see if he had any reactions, rather than at night when we’re trying to sleep.
    And yep, we give Jake rusks and he loves them, it’s the only way dh and I can eat dinner together without a screaming baby as that time of the night is usually Jake’s grizzly time.

Morgan – hope Vicky gets better real quick, sounds like you had a nice afternoon. I too wish I could have a night off, or even just a couple of hours!!

Michelle – hugs to you hun, sometimes they can be so frustrating can’t they? Things haven’t been great with me and dh either lately, he thinks that he should be able to come home from work and I’ll be there to wait on him hand and foot, he doesn’t understand that I have a job too that goes 24/7 and I never get a break, even when he’s home. I swear they just don’t understand!! Hope things get better for you soon.

Nic – woohoo on the good night’s sleep, here’s hoping it’s the start of something here to stay!! Oops, just read the your next post, no luck with the sleep hanging around you poor thing!!

Just a quick question… does anyone put mittens on their bubs overnight? Jake’s hands were so cold this morning they were blue, have no idea where to get mittens from let alone ones that will stay on!! If anyone has any ideas it’d be greatly appreciated.

morgan78 Guest

Janine try either socks or some gro suits/sleep bags will actually have a fold over cuff on the sleeves.

Liz: The mesh feeders are little mesh bags attached to a handle type thing. You put the fruit in the bag I think and the baby just sucks on it instead of getting chunks in thier mouth.. I think (maybe) they are a tommee tippee product.. just did a quick google and I typed in tommee tippee mesh feeder and the first link has a good pic of it

Back from Drs.. yes I have carpal Tunnel in both hands. I have opted not to do surgery as it isn't as bad at the moment as it was earlier this year. Dr is happy for me to do that. If it gets worse I can go back and get the refferal to the surgeon but I don't think it is neccasary..

Olivia is happy today. She was so happy at the Drs. Sat in her pram and chewed on her toys.. then we did a little bit of shopping then in the car to another shop then in the car again to come home and even though she protested a little bit she grinned at me.. now she is down for a nap...

ohh nic hope u dont have to have surgery any time soon.. that would be hard with looking after the kiddies!

hey nic, do u know if the family assistance and all that is the same in QLD as melb or is the goverment system all different.. im confussed where to check and unsure what will happen when i move.....

Thanks i don't think surgery will be needed any time soon and even if it I won't get it till Olivia is close to 2. it would make life to hard..

not sure on the Family assistance though.. Maybe go check out thier website.. I assume it was the same nation wide

Hi all,
    Trish- What a horrible night, you poor thing. Dh does the same thing that yours does- if Ty wakes up, he brings him downstairs into the light to wake him up more... grrr... then goes to bed himself... grrr. kwym about not leaving the house without the 'handbag' too.
    Nic- That sucks about the hands. Crossing fingers for you that it doesn't get any worse! Imagine wrist surgery and trying to carry a baby around!!
    Janine- Morgan suggested the socks to me a while ago and they work great, I use the Bonds newborn ones that he has grown out of. I couldn't find any mittens except the newborn ones which are way too tight for the little pork chops chubby wrists.
    Bekz- I actually do solids at night because I get a better sleep out of Ty but if I'm trying something new I give him a few mouthfuls of it at lunchtime to check for any major reactions.
    Michelle- to you. Take some time out- it all gets a bit too much sometimes.
    We went to swimming lessons this morning and had a bit of a run in with the owner there. Next week is a public holiday so they are closed. When I asked if i could schedule a make up lesson she said I'd only paid for nine weeks in the term, not ten. Did the maths in my head and produced the receipt from my purse- I'd been charged for ten. She then said that there 'policy' didn't cover make up lessons for public holidays. wtf?? I couldn't be bothered arguing but I'll be taking him elsewhere next term.
    That's all from me- it's flylady house blessing day so I'm getting stuck into the cleaning (yep trish I'm still doing it... so far so good).

Hi ladies. I should be packing or doing house work whilst both my babies are asleep but I jumped on BB instead...very naughty.

Michelle - Hang in there hon. Can you arrange some time out with a gf? I did this on Mothers Day and I did not realise how much I needed to have a break. Atm I am struggling with not being on top of things or organised. I just feel like I can't get my sh#t together and that really bothers me.

I am going to investigate the mesh feeder thingy. I still can't get Loren interested in food. I have now tried the Bellemy oat cereal which went down better than the rice cereal and sweet potato. I have given her 2 rusks but she only held them for a couple of minutes, took a couple of sucks and threw them away. I guess she is not even 6 months yet.

I have also started her on the Brauers teething relief. I have been giving her panadol everyday for the last week so I thought the Brauers stuff maybe better than giving her panadol all the time.

Oh yeah I so hate the dummy atm. Loren is stuffing around with it at sleep time. She sucks on it, spits it out and screams until I can in and put it back it. Atm I have to rock her to sleep until she is in deep sleep and the dummy comes out without her noticing. If I put her down before she is in deep sleep she wakes up screaming until I replace it...such a PITA.

Loren has dropped her night feeds this week...But she is still waking up quite a bit. Over the last few nights I have been up around 15 times!!!! 3 of those were Sara.

Trish miss Sara has taken to night waking and loves to come into my bed and wake me up. She just lyes next to me and yells out 1,2,3 WAKE UP MUMMY...bloody Wiggles.

Buzzie - The family assiatance is the same all over Australia. I am not sure if you have a maintainence arrangement but just make sure under your arrangement that you can leave the state. Also make sure all government parties are aware of intention to move and get written consent from Ash's Dad. I know of a case where by a single mum moved to QLD from Vic with her 4 year old daugher. The girl's dad did not have anything to do with her (apart from paying maintainence...sometimes). The mum moved without consent from the dad or telling authorities. 12 months later the Dad decided he wanted his daughter so the police rocked up to the mum's place and took her little girl away on the spot with no warning. Eventually the mum got her back, but the girl still had to live her dad for 6 months before the courts returned her to her mum. I don't mean to scare you just make sure you cover everything before you make the move.

LoriRae - Make sure you tell the swimming ppl that you are going some where else due to their stupid policy and that you'd rather spend money of years of swimming lessons somewhere else. What is flylady thingy?

On a sad note. Loren's godmother had a miscarriage over the weekend. Our dear friends have been ttc for 18months and last month she was diagnosed with PCOS and was told she would not conceive naturally. Well 3 weeks later she had sore boobs and decided to do a hpt. It was positive!!! They had conceived naturally. They called me straight away and we were all crying with joy. Now 7 days later we are all devastated. Please send your get better vibes to my lovely friend and her DH.
    Last edited by BekZ; June 2nd, 2008 at 03:15 PM.

Is anyone putting bub forward facing in the car seat yet?

Thanks Nic - that mesh thing doesn't look too appealing! It said it could be used for teething, putting ice in it.. which would probably be good.. but I can't fathom sucking apple or anything through it. Yuck! and how do you clean it?

I had carpal tunnel when pg with Tallon. It was horrible. I'm glad it went away when he was born. Sorry to hear you've got it now.

Lauren I think the Family Assistance stuff is national, just like our taxes.

ETA: Bek - nope, not turning the car seat around for a long time yet. Much safer rear facing, and Kayla is pretty much looking at Tallon next to her, so it doesn't worry her. (too bad if it did anyway lol)

Thanks for that bekz, i have heard briefly something about having to get the fathers permission before moving interstate...

With the PCOS that is exactly what happened to me. i was told my PCOS was at its worst and if i wanted to even consider having kids i would have to spend the next few yrs on the pill to give my overies anychance to get better, well when i came back from my ultrasound checking my pcos i was sitting in the doctors surgery not evening knowing i was already pregnant.. LOL

And i turned Ash around a couple weeks ago. still hates the car but much better with him knowing im still there with him! mind u he is almost 10kg so it should be ok.

omg my cramps are sooo bad today.. i think im finally ovulating again.. woot! lol

just remembered and thought I would remind others.. Watch ACA tonight

Lauren and Asher wil be on.. I so hope we get it in QLD

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh nic im all nervous now.. i bet im gonna look like a NUT!
    they filmed heaps of me so i dont know how much will be on, who knows what they edit of these things.
    Whats the time there in QLD? 1/2hour infront us?? its 5.45here...

5:46 here.. Same time zone.. ACA is on at 7pm here..

Will let you know.. and you will look just fine.. I think its very exciting.. and I am giving up Big Brother for you

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast