Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #15

awwwwww thanks nic lol gees now ill feel really bad if they dont put me on at all LOL

Ohh Lauren, your on after the ad. Now to shut Tehya up whinging so I can hear it. I am looking out for Abbey's future husband Ash on there

trish Seeing as she is moving closer to me Abbey might have some competition in Olivia I just looked on the ACA website and its advertised so heres hoping its on in QLd..

Well done huni. You looked awesome and Asher is so damn gorgeous. I'm very proud for you.

Now send Pinky my way because I really need her

PMSL Nic, I had first dibs

PML - my hearts still racing.. how embarrasing.. LOL i cant believe it was only a few seconds.. they filmed heaps of us!

Dont worry girls.. Ash has lots of love to go around!! LMAO

Lauren saw you on ACA very cool! And Asher is such a handsome little man. Can't belive how short is was but... you'd think, they way they advertised it last week it would be a major story... my mothers group were all looking forward to watching it.
    Beks- FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house and home (am I allowed to put links on here? sure one of the mods will remove it if I'm not. sorry in advance mods). House cleaning and declutter coach. I'm in love with her. We're not changing the carseat yet but Ty is tiny, only just 7 kilos, so definately not ready for it.

Just saw you Buzzie, you and Ash were great.

lauren: you and Ash look gorgeous Asher is just way to cute

Trish:

LoriRae: Will go check out that link in a sec.. I desperatly need my house decluttered

We haven't turned olivia around either and have no plans to any time soon.. When she can sit up quite well I will do it.. My car seat only goes to 9kg though..

Ah all my babies in bed. Olivia had farex again this afternoon. She semi liked. I also expressed some extra milk and fed that to her from the spoon so she associated the spoon with something happy kwim? I waited till this afternoon to give her the solids in the hope she will sleep 11 hours again lol.. she went to bed at 7:30 so fingers crossed

Well done Lauren and Ash!!! Very brave of you, not sure I could stand watching myself on tv :-)
    Was some of it filmed at the BB center?

Buzzie, you looked great and Ash is so big and cute! You didn't appear nervous at all.

morgan78 Guest

Buzzie - you both looked great...what a gorgeous boy Asher is...shame it was so short though.
    Nic - hope you get that sleep im thinking little miss might be wanting to start her solids as she has lost the tongue thrust reflex now and copies our chewing motions which is soo cute. Glad to hear you dont have to have the surgery, hope it doesn't get any worse tho.
    LoriRae - Good on you for keeping up with the "flylady" i've given up with stressing over the housework atm with a clingy bub & toddler i just told DP that he's going to have to do it all for a little while or let me get a cleaner as it was starting to really get me down and i flat out refuse to clean the house at 8/9 o'clock at night. BTW Vicky's only 7kgs too.

Im really excited as Vicky started to noticeably "speak" today and she did it when DP was home so he didn't miss out. Can anyone suggest some ideas of things/ways i can sit her up as she is over lying around all day and is supporting her weight really well. Hope everyone has a good night

Nic, I hope you got another decent night in. Fro us it didn't make a difference if I gave Abbey her solids in the night or not. She still won't sleep. Lastnight was a perfect copy of the night before. Seems Abbey is going to sleep just like Tehya did. Hardly at all !!
    I had my wrist operated on when Brandon was 9 months old (that's why he weaned then) I had a gangloid(sp) removed. My hand was so swollen and bruised for weeks/months afterwars and I had to have physio on it to be able to move it again. Still now some 13 years later I have no sensation in the top of my hand. Nerve damage was done. I hope that you can hold out as long as possible to have your done.

Bek, nope I won't be turning Abbey around until she is closer to 12 months old. My seat goes rear facing until 12 kgs. Tehya is 3 and only weighs 14kgs. So I think Abbey has plenty of time like that yet. I just feel so much safer having them rear faced. I am very sorry to hear of your gf's loss. Sending all the healing vibes to her and her DH.

LoriRae, Ty sounds similar to Abbey in size. Her last weigh in she was only 6.5kgs that was at 6 months.

Morgan, uhh ohh, now that she is talking she will never shut up you know that hey Abbey is so damn vocal now, her squealing is nearly constant. It starts of all sweet and then gets louder and stronger as she gets cranky.

As I said another very crap night here. Abbey is being a total pita overnight, yesterday afternoon she was shocking too. Just could not get her to sleep, and then as she would start to wind down she wriggle and fuss so badly. Fighting her sleep. She contiued this until late lastnight.

Both girls are up at the crack of dawn today. So I can't even sit her with a little quiet. Abbey has begun her whinging already.

Lord give me strength to get through another day

ugh. Olivia woke at midnight and it was 1 before she went back to sleep.. I am more annoyed that poor Dh was just sooooo tired this morning that when all the kids piled in with us he went to Isaacs bed

Trish: When Abbey is fussing like that are you holding her or is she in her bed? Olivia has started doing that so I pop her in her cot and boom she goes to sleep.. not everytime. Sometimes she just needs a little time out (not the punishment time out) she just needs a dark quiet room and sometimes she falls asleep and other times she just plays for a while and comes back out feeds and goes right to sleep

Nic, I have tried both but I really should try putting her down more often to settle on her own. Will try to do that more today.

Morning ladies

sorry haven't been around lately! i have been trying to keep up with READING everyone's posts at least! so i see there's lots of stuff happening!! There's no way i could do personals, but hope everyone is doing well!!

Chrissie is on 3 meals a day now and loving it! Well, as long as it has either sweet pot, corn or carrot in it! a bit of a sweet tooth i think, just like mum..! We'll be starting on chicken next week!

I have no idea how much she "should" be eating... yesterday she ate (for dinner) about 120ml of food and 60ml of desert (fruit) and she would have kept going but i stopped her..! should i just let her eat and hope she tells me she has had enough??....?? what do you experts say!?

No teeth yet.. well non that i can see, as she doesn't let me look! i can feel sharp bits when i rub bonjella on her gums, but when i try and look she screws her mouth up shut! LOL

well, will try and be back a little more often, but with the little one not sleeping much during the day it's hard to get all the housework done and get time to myself!! arg!

xxx
    Last edited by Harri; June 3rd, 2008 at 08:05 AM.

Hey girls.

Trish - you poor thing Is she teething? Kayla's 2 bottom teeth are up now, and more visible (too cute) but she's chomping away and dribbling again as if there's more coming, so I'm half expecting some bad nights shortly. She still wakes a couple of times through the night, but at least there's a few hours inbetween.

Well, it seems I'm going to be the last to start solids! I think I am going to go with BLS, it serves my laziness beautifully LOL. Will probably just give her a stick of steamed carrot or brocolli or something sometime soon. I will probably make up some cooked apple to mix with cereal occassionally.. I'm not going to forego spoon feeding all together, coz she needs to learn it sometime hehe... but I think I'll just give her stuff off my plate most of the time.

Morgan - I'm tossing up getting a Bumbo. I didn't really like the look of them when I first saw them, but I'm actually thinking about it now for Kayla hehe. Coz she just loves to sit. I usually sit her in the highchair when we're eating at the table, she has a rocker, but it's too reclined for her. We also have a playplace type thing which she sits in and plays with the toys. She loves that. (it's kinda like a walker, but doesn't move iykwim).

Haroula - welcome back! hehe. I would think if you can feel sharp bits in her gums that she's cut already. As for how much solids - I've no idea. I never measured it with DS, and this time with DD as I said, she'll just be feeding herself. hehe. Milk is her main food until 12 months, so she can do what she wants with the solids I like the saying that was quoted in another thread 'food is for fun until they are one!' (something like that anyway lol)

Hope we all have good days today. It's raining and so dark this morning! I need to do washing tho, so I'll have my clothes airers all around the house again no doubt.

Smile

Again I haven't been around for a little while so once again fingers crossed to everyone for just one good night sleep. No doubt we all need it.

The decision is long lasting. I have however steamed all my own vegie's and fruit for my little girl and have bought all organic so I am hoping that I am giving her a good start in life and also helping the environment along the way.

I would be very interested to hear about how much "food" everyone's little one is eating and drinking. I am absolutley paranoid that the amount I give her now will set her eating habits up for life.

Arh!! Just another thing to worry about....

Thanks in advance girls!

Liz, your so very right about the food. At the moment Abbey only gets solids if I can be bothered. BM is her food. Somedays she has it and others she doesn't.

Atleast you don't have to go out in this crap weather. I have to take Noah to school very soon, and we have swimming at 11. Abbey is having a feed and slowly falling to sleep. She nneds to hurry up. Noah starts school at 8.45 !!

Yes Abbey's top teeth are moving down, can see them very clearly in there.

Haroula, 3 meals a day at 5 months seems a little much to me. She really doesn't need that much until closer to 8 months. Milk should be her primary food. Solids do not replace a feed at this age. And yep, if your feeling something sharp I'd say it's a tooth.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast