Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #15

nice!! I would kill for a day nap..

I am so sleepy but am already recording something and I am really interested in House tonight.. aaghh.. Make my eyes stay open another 40 minutes.. lol.. I am so going to regret this when Olivia wakes tonight

Knew I would regret staying up GRRR.. Olivia woke at 12:30 and was awake till 2:20. I am so unimpressed. I even told her off well how you tel a 6 month old off. i said thats enough go to sleep and she was so good she laughed at me and blew raspberries She was SOOOO super happy..

ugh.. Was meant to go out for a coffee today but I don't think I can be bothered, Feeling disheartened.. All my work I did yesterday and nw my lounge and kitchen are a huge mess and I "have" to do it..

Geez I can't keep up

Will be back later to reply to everyone.

Buzzie - I saw you and Ash on TV too. You have a wonderful little boy there. I use MCN during the day and I am looking into night nappies because Loren is a heavy wetter overnight. My SIL swears by Krap Katchers for overnight.

Nic - I have been having some cr@p nights with Loren too. I was up 6 times last night, mind you she is teething and she does have coughing and a stuffed nose. It is doing my head in too.

Haroula - Way to go on Chrissie's eating. As long as she is still having 4 180ml bottles a day then that is ok. I wish Loren was interested in food, she just refuses!!!

Buzzie/LoriRae - Don't worry about your boys not saying ma ma, my DD1 did not say it until she was 7 months and she can talk under water now. Although Loren is saying ma ma..but only when she is frustrated

Did I mention I hate moving!!!!! Only 2 more sleeps in my first little home. It will be sad to go, because I got engaged, married and bought my babies home in this house.
    Last edited by BekZ; June 5th, 2008 at 08:35 AM.

Default SOrry just a quick question.

I have read somewhere on here some of you giving your sick little bubbies Dimetapp? To help them clear up the congetstion to let them sleep.

Obvously we would all prefer if we didn't give them any sort of drugs as such buth my little girl is so blocked up it is proving very difficult for her to breath and sleep.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Hope everyone had a good night, not much sleep here due to bubies cold.

I would hate to move from my house too.. I hope the move goes smoothly though

ETA: cus we posted at the same time....

KTS: I personally wouldn't give dimetapp at this age. I don't even know what the age recommendation for it is. If her nose is blacked grab a Fess noses thing from the chemist and try and clear it that way.. Its orrible when they are so blocked up isn't it

Just googled and it can't be given under 2 except with medical advice.. Have you tried baby vicks or a humidifier?
    Last edited by aussienic; June 5th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks nic. I would prefer not to either. I don't have a humidifier though any ideas where these are sold? Big W or only chemists. I have been buring eucalytus in my oil burner but that only last a little while and I can't have it on when she's aseel as I am frighten of the candle. I have been using baby vicks though, but it just seems to run out as such in the early hours of the morning. Thanks again.

When Ethan was little we put a old saucepan filled with very hot water under his cot with vicks in it.. We didn't own a humidifier then.. I think you can pick them up at any pharmacy. not sure about Big W ect..

I hope you can get her nose unblocked soon.. poor bubby..

Smile

That's a great idea. I was thinking about doing that but thought I would kick over the pot for sure and burn someone. Never thought of putting it under her cot.

THANK YOU!! I'm off to do that now, at least it will get me through until I find a humidifyer.

Quick on from me for now...

HAPPY 6 MONTHS TO MY LITTLE GIRL FOR YESTERDAY!!!
    bbl

Happy 6 Months Olivia!!

kts64s - You could rub some Vicks Baby Balsam on her chest to help her stuffy nose. I'm not terribly impressed with its ingredients, but I feel it's a lesser of 2 evils compared to drugs. Altho there's always panadol if you feel she needs it Kayla hasn't been completely stuffed up yet, when she had a cold she managed to clear her nose with sneezing, so there was no congestion.

There's plugin thingos too that you could try instead of a vapouriser. But a friend of mine who works for the council was told by a firefighter that plugin scents and things are notorious for starting housefires!! Dunno if that's a 'rumour' or if it's fact. Haven't heard anything anywhere else about it.

OMG Nic - I'd die if Kayla woke for 2 hours! Kayla wakes frequently but has a feed and goes back to sleep. But she doesn't do this until after going to bed around 10pm. Before that she wakes up properly between sleeps.

BekZ - good luck with the move. I don't envy you one bit! I'm hoping our landlord has no plans for this house any time soon.

morgan78 Guest

HAPPY 6 MONTHS OLIVIA

Nic - my night was identical to yours...so regretted staying up but House was worth it...i bawled at the end

Bek - Good luck with the move

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

OMG Nic - I'd die if Kayla woke for 2 hours! Kayla wakes frequently but has a feed and goes back to sleep. But she doesn't do this until after going to bed around 10pm. Before that she wakes up properly between sleeps.
    She hasn't stayed awake for that long in ages. Usually its a half hour.. Feed nappy change and back to bed but last night GRR.. I am so grumpy today because of it as well. And she wasn't even that hungry last night just awake.. I had a feeling she was going to do something like that though cus she went to bed an hour and a half earlier then normal *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by morgan78 View Post
    Nic - my night was identical to yours...so regretted staying up but House was worth it...i bawled at the end
    I didn't cry cus I was too tired by the end of the show but yes it was so sad.. weird but good Ep I think.. Now I wonder what they will replce it with. Or did I see Medium advertised for that time??

God I am so grumpy. I feel grumpy just sitting here.. stupid Af arried again 3 days ago less then 2 weeks after it was here before so sick of it.. When I was at the Drs the other day I mentioned it was coming every 21 days and she said that was fine then bam I hit a 14 day cycle.. Seriously WTF is up with that.... yup Im grumpy

morgan78 Guest

Nic - Next week its repeats of House but thats probably cause State of Origin is on. Im not grumpy but have a killer headache above my eyes. horrid AF she's really not being nice to you at all hopefully it will settle back down for you soon

I'm just trawling thru what's been going on for everyone lately. Looks like Ella's got good company in only going to sleep if we cuddle & sing to her (hey, I'm thrilled because at least something works!!!), and also in not wanting to eat the solids (might try the bellamy's oat cereal instead).
    Nic, I had carpal tunnel late in pg that got worse after birth, now it's tenosynovitis. My stupid gp didn't tell me what sort of options there were apart from steroid shots (not sure if that applies to carpal tunnel). Surgery should be last resort. I've just seen a good physio for the teno.. & a splint is helping. Not much more can be done (ice, raising it daily) but it should go away in Ella's first year. May be the same for carpal tunnel.
    Have you considered physio, chiropractic or bowen therapy?
    You poor thing. I know just how it feels. I had no feeling in my fingers til Ella was 3 months old & couldn't wear my rings. Plus she was in a pavlik harness so nappy change was extra fiddly. Now I'm ok with the splint on (you need to get from physio, not sold at chemist), but if she kicks me when I'm changing nappies it's agony!
    Hope you find some solutions hun!

I just have to accept it, I can't catch up. The fog of sleep-lack means I can't concentrate.
    Loved you on ACA Lauren & Ash - so nice to put faces on. You could tell hardly any of it was shown. No context at all, but yeh, wish pinky could come to my house he he he.

congrats on all the 6 months! Feels like we all need parties. Ella turned 6 months this week too!
    And yes, she's been saying 'mummum' but mostly it's a particular unhappy cry. but today she was saying it for fun (it wasn't me), and then, she said it when she was looking at me. still don't think it was me, but I'll take anything I can get.

kts - Funny you asked about dimetapp/deminsine (sp?). I just got back from doc and she prescribed 1.2ml to 1.5ml once a day (at night) for Loren's nose. Personally I am not going to do it because in the past all other doctors told me not to use it for kids under 2. Our night time regime atm is vicks vapouriser on, vivcs or equeky bear on chest, fess up the nose and some times panadol. This seems to help for a few hours.

bbl both daughters need my attention

Jus: Don't stress if you don't do personals or even try to catch up.. We all talk to much some days hehe..

I am feeling less grumpy aafter doing some baking.. lol.. I made coconut macaroons and scones. We had baked beans for lunch..Well the boys did i had a vegemite sandwich.. love them lol and then we had a coconut Mac each and a piece of scone.

Olivia slept for over 2 hours and is now a grumpy miss. she is only happy if I am giving her 100% of my attention and she is standing on my lap.. got news for you sweety pie.. Mummy is tired today

oh she has rolled over now so is happy

oh and on the carpal I think it is more like the tendonitis I had when I had Jacob.. Only time will fix it. Once I am not picking her up as much I think it will ease. and the research I did on it said cortisone injections can help so why the Dr didn't suggest that I don't know..

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast