Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #16

I know exactly how you feel, I have Maria on my lap (has a bit of a fever) and Sofia is breastfeeding

Kts: I hope you got a decent night. Olivia kept waking up all night too.. She woke at 10:30 and finally went back to sleep at 11:30 was awake again at 2:45 till 3:30 and woke for the day at 5:45... not impressed. jacob is awake and FOUL. Wants rice bubbles or corn flakes and won't listen when I tell him there is none. Its weetbix baby!! GRR oh today is going to be long!!

hope everyones nights were ok last night... mine was good but im dreading today..
    Ive got a belly cast to do, and its an hour away! And i couldnt get anyone to help with ash so hes gonna scream all the way there and all the way back plus the lady had to get her mum to come so she can watch him for me whilst i cast!! How bad shes ok tho.. its 5th baby so im sure there used to little ones around.. im gonna go really early so i can maybe stop half way and give ash a break!! ohhh god.... i was thinking about it all night last night.... thats how bad he is in the car!!!

hope everyone enjoys there day..

I thought with FF you still had to sterilise? Only for EBM you just need hot soapy water? *confused* Something to do with bacteria with formula.

Do you play music in the car at all? Sometimes when Olivia is just going off her nut in the car we turn up some music.. cher alive again calms her down everytime.. All of our kids have had "a song" that calms them in the car...

Although we have never had to deal with the screaming for long periods.. I hope he is a good bo for you today..

yeh i play the song.. lets see how long mummy can sing old mcdonald LOL he usually goes to sleep but he can take a while if he really isnt tired and by then hes so worked up and drenched in sweat! i hate it the poor thing. unfortunatly its on the freeway so i cant really stop and do anythhing or play with him like i normally do..

Hi Girls

Well my night with little princess was revolting compared to her normal nights where she sleeps through from 7pm and only stirs a couple of times. I think it may be her top teeth but even panadol didn't help.

We'll I'm still confussed about the sterilising I might google it and see what I get - I'll let you know.

morgan78 Guest

kts64s - i've been told you can stop sterilising now as long as you wash throughly in hot soapy water, but i keep on doing it more out of habit than anything.
    Buzzie - hope your cast went well and Ash wasn't a handful for you.
    Nic - i love those days - not! Alex had a foul day yesterday throwing & kicking toys around and arguing with eveything i said
    Lori - GL with the baptism, we've been super slack and Alex still needs to be so we are going to try and organise before christmas for them both, we're like you unmarried, non practising going for a Catholic service DP choice and also cause the better primary school aroung here is the catholic one.

Vicky will sit up for a couple of mins now by herself and reaches out and grabs her toys...she also will fold herself in half and will follow through onto her tummy, but she is not interested in rolling at all. Alex has kindly shared his revolting cold with Vicky so i now have 2 snotty kids (again!!!). We've managed atm to get Vicky having a feed around 10/11pm and then she'll sleep until 5/6am so at least im getting a block of sleep.
    Hope everyone has a good day

Lauren: Kids songs never cut it with my kids it would make thm scream louder hehe..

Kts: sorry to hear you night didn't get any better

morgan: shoo those sickies away.. shoo shoo..

Jacob is in a better mood now thankfully...

I just booked an 8 day camping holiday woooo. We decided last night bugger it we are going away during the school holidays.. so now hopefully simon can actually get the tme off lol.. campsite is all booked so we can change the dates if need be.

omg i have the biggest pounding headache ever!
    Ash was ok for the first 10 mins and cried all the way there.. to make it worse i missed my exit on the freeway and of course ended up in woopwoop ash was screaming at this point i was yelling to my mum on the phone going INSANE!! so there was a small gap in the fence along the freeway that said no u turn.. so of course i went straight for it... 2 mins before getting to her house ash falls asleep!!!! agghhhhh i was shaking so much from the stress i stopped at hungry jacks for some fatty foods! of course he woke up...
    SCREAMED the whole time i was casting and it was almost as traumatising for me cos i couldnt do anything about it.. couldnt stop when im half way through working with plaster! and to make it worse the mum (who was lovely) put his dummy in and he gagged and vomited! omg i was soo breaking inside!) All he wanted was me and had the sadest cry and reaching his hands out to me... ahhhh im gonna cry now just thinking of it!! just as i finish i got him to sleep.. was sooo exhausted of crying. He woke up 30mins later just as i needed to get back to finishing the final touches of the cast and he was at it again. but not as bad.... so eventually and slowly packed up and put him in the car i thought im gonna lose the plot if he cries all the way home. - not because of me, but how upset im making him. But he was that exhausted he fell asleep again and slept the whole way home! i kept looking at his tiny face alseep and my eyes filled with tears cos i made him go thru today!

And to make matters worse i got home and the back gates where wide open!! i thought all 4 dogs gone!!! i bolted out the car and looked for the dogs.. thank god it was cold outside and they stayed in the house! i sooooo didnt need that too!!

So im ready to pass out and sleep for at least the next 2 weeks straight!!

well off to give BIG BIG BIG cuddles to my little boy! im never going that far again!!

What a day! I am sorry it didn't go so great! you go cuddle that little man.. I am sure he will be fine.. I hate listening to them cry when there is nothing you can do to help..

Hi all,
    Lauren- oooh you poor darling what a horrid day. It's a horrible feeling when they cry and you can't stop it, especially when you know what it is they want and can't give it to them I'm sure he's forgiven you already. Ty used to cry like that in the car and i hated it. I'd be driving along crying with him. Thankfully now we're using the rear facing carseat instead of the capsule he's much better.

Nic- Woohoo on the camping trip, how much fun will that be?

kts- sorry you had a bad night, hope it's better tonight.

Morgan- yuck on the sickness, hope you are all feeling better soon.

Ty had his first breakfast solids this morning and it worked extraordinarily well. He loved it and it stopped the morning grumpiness, and he just seemed so much more happy for most of the day- until arsenic hour hit us in a big way at about 4:30. It's normally not too bad here but today was an absolute shocker. Ended up parking him in his high chair in front of dh's big fish tank and ahhh... silence. Not sure if it was the fish or the bubbles that got his attention but it worked. Wasn't too interested in vegies for dinner so we gave him a chop bone to suck on and he loooved it. Who would've thunk it?
    Other than that, mum's group was awesome as always (hi Jus) and the dentist was not too bad- my gran took Ty and strolled around with him in his pram, showing him off to all her friends who were hanging out doing gran stuff in the main street (pension day).
    I have a splitting headache so I'm off to down some Panadol. dh off to the pub and Ty in bed. Blessed peace and quiet!
    Night all

Simon couldn't get all the time off so back to a 4 day holiday not 8 but hey its better then nothing hey

LoriRae: Chicken bones were always a hit here too. Chicken legs with all the loose bits taken off..

I am trying to get Olivia to eat anything but rice cereal but she isn't interested at all.. and still only having a tablespoon a day.. So far she has had Apple, pumpkin and potato.. She will eat potato well taste it at least and pumpkin if only a tiny bit mixed with rice cereal..

How can I forget all this stuff? even fork mashing stuff isn't working.. I am debating using the slender blender thingy like I did with the boys and mushing it up really good.. maybe thats why she doesn't like the other stuff... aagghh. help! Tell me its all good and let her to what she wants

Nic - we had the no eating problem here too, but since leaving Olivia with just rice cereal for a few weeks, then trying corn, we seem to be on track. She will now eat other things when they are mixed with corn (but still loves rice cereal the most).

Headaches seem to be the order of the day. I have a splitting one myself so off to bed now. Night all.

It's all good Nic - let her do what she wants She's only 6 months. I gave Kayla a cooked stick of carrot the other night.. it wasn't a hit to say the least LOL. Promptly screwed up her nose, jiggled it around in her mouth until she got it out LOL. Same with the brocolli. Needless to say, I'll probably go and buy some cereal next shop and try her with that LOL.

Nic- This might make you feel better. Despite my poor mothers best efforts, I have never, ever eaten any vegetables at all, even when I was a baby. I'm a convert to roast potato (must be done with garlic and rosemary) but that's it. And I'm the picture of health.It's all good- let her eat what she likes

and Lorirae - your mother didn't have BellyBelly

hehe - I was a non veggie/salad eater. I'd have meat & potato for dinner. hehe. It wasn't until I lived in england for 9 months with other people when I was 20, that out of politeness I made myself start eating them.. and grew to tolerate and dare I say 'like' some veg & salad. Even tho they need to be drowned in gravy or salad dressing LOL.

DH was forced to eat everything given to him, and as a teenager hated pretty much all foods.. altho now he eats and likes everything. But we've decided that we're not going to battle our kids over food. Tallon's been really good.. eats anything.. but then he doesn't always eat it, nor does he always eat. But you know what.. he won't starve.. he'll eat when he's hungry.. and he only ever gets offered what we're eating.. so that's what he has. I don't force him to eat it, but he doesn't get anything else either We'll see how this works with Kayla LMAO. She'll probably be a little fusspot like me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast