Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #16

Default Babies Born December 2007 #16

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-15-a.html

gee we can chat.

I have finally at 2.30am have finished my budgets and Sofia has just been fed - work has been so busy for me this last week (over 50 hours), I need sleep, thankgod it will quieten down now, my poor girls are sick of sitting on my lap whilst I play on the computer or calculator - but the extra $ from my work is apprecieated.

Subbing. Will be back later so I when I can actually chat. Sick of being up all bloody night lately.

Morning all!

trish. hope Abbey starts sleeping a bit more soon.

Hi Louise, wow busy busy. heres hoping for some quiet times ahead..

Teena: Olivia is lifting her head higher and higher, only last week I was saying she was making no attempt at sitting and now she can sit unaided for about 20 seconds. only if I sit her like that of course.. What are the exercises??

Morgan: Sorry to hear those sickies are still hanging around! Hope Vicki lets you have sme Me and Alex time soon and sleeps..

Lauren: Look forward to seeing how tall he is. He just looks so grown up. He remind me of Ethan. My eldest. not in looks but the grown up look and weight ect.. Ethan was exactly the same. now he is a stick

Had an ok night last night, Olivia woke at 2 and was back in bed under 20 minutes. and then slept till 7,

Anyways I really better go.. clothes need washing,, kids need dressing and I am off for a coffee with friends this morning. so not in the mood lol..

have a fantastic day everone!!

nic- is simon tall and skinny, or u dont think boys end up the same as there parents??
    Ashs dad is a typical builders body... tall ish and very broad.. but all the boys in my family are 6ft or over and my dad is shorter than me!... so who knows who they turn out like.. lol

Hey everyone.

Wow Lauren - such a big boy! You reminded me about the 6 mth check. Spose I should take her. Trouble is I'll come away annoyed at the nurse I'm sure LOL. Tallon hasn't had a dev check since his 6mth one I don't think. Hope he's not falling behind somewhere! LOL.

Well, Kayla has had wind the last few nights.. straining and letting off.. she's louder than her dad! LMAO. So that's what's been keeping us up. Tallon has been a royal pain to get to bed lately.. so I put a blanket ban on him having little sips of daddy's coffee and chai tea. I know they're the tiniest sips, but I told DH that kids process caffeine slower than us. Anyway.. yesterday he was a different boy and didn't take too long to go off to sleep last night. I think too tho that we're heading towards no day sleep. I think the day sleep is now keeping him up longer at night. So we'll see what happens.

Well, I was up until 1 last night reading Raising Boys. I read the whole book in one evening LOL. It is just fantastic, and definitely something I'll be referring to in years to come. It's made us more determined to get DH working from home in the next year, coz it put a lot of emphasis on the impact on boys to have their father around. I thought it was only about 3 years that they were mummy's boys.. but it seems to be about the age of 6 that they start needing their father more.. doh! so another 4 years of him wanting my hair?! LOL.

Well, I should go... I dumped Kayla in her play thing instead of feeding her. Altho she seems happy enough

Simon is average height (i think) he is just under 6ft. Most of the men on both sides of the family are of average height or shorter I did a thing on a different site about how tall will your child be and it says all the boys will be quite tall.. Ethan apparently well over 6ft. Will have t go redo it and copy it down for safe keeping for when he gets older..

at birth Ethan was only 48cm.. i breed them fat and short Isaac was our longest and biggest at 52.5cm and 9lb14oz

Liz: oh the wind is impressive isn't it.. Sometimes we hear Olivia over her monitor

I haven't taken olivia for her 6 months needles or check either. I am debating bothering with the CHN. They always annoy the buggeries out of me.. I havent taken Olivia to a CHN since she was 3 months I think... Maybe I should to get a good check up and ignore whatever "advice" they give me
    Last edited by aussienic; June 11th, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

ive heard at 3yo if you double there height thats how tall they wil be ????? will have to wait a while for that LOL

We have finally got an offer coming in either tommorrow or friday for the house.. please please please be a good one.. im sooooooooooooo dying to move to QLD its not funny!

I told my boss today im moving and wont be coming back,.. he was pretty sad but at the same time prob peeved cos its so hard finding nurses atm. oh well thats one crap thing i had to do and is over now

I thought it was 2.. that you doubled their height ? or it might be 2 and a half actually

how soon will you be moving to QLD if the offer goes through?

GGRR Another double post.. I only hit submit once GRR

yeah, I've heard 2 1/2 too. or 2 & 4 mths or something.

Must of been 2 1/2 yo then hehe

We want to move as soon as the money comes thru, but if he wants a long settlement we will have to wait i guess.. He said he wants it for an investment home and money isnt a huge issue!! Lucky him!
    we are now thinking to move more along the coast - theres lots of good jobs for my mum and the houses are surprisingly pet friendly!!! which is great. Im having to rehome one of my doggies as he is a naughty boy and we are worried he'll bite Ash one day so im going to be a massive wreck when the day comes!!!

HI Girls!!

Just a quick question for those who have bottle fed bubies - Until when do you sterilise bottles? I use boiled water and still sterilise but DH asked to day how much longer do I need to do it for and I have no idea?

Thanks

Ahh everyone's back!!
    Ty's not sitting up yet- but, according to the CHN, he is almost. He will sit but folds himself so far forward it looks painful, but appartently isn't. CHN and GP also reckon he's strong enough and pysichally able to crawl- just hasn't figured out how to do it yet!! He pushes his arms right up and does donuts to get where he wants, and he is such a roly poly- put him down on his back and he's straight over onto his tummy.
    Had our six month check today and he's 65 cm long and 7.1kg. And CHN recomends two meals a day rather than one, due to the continual two hour feeds. Although that being said, we got another 4 hour sleep last night-yaaaay!!!!! Here's hoping it becomes a habit.

Nic- Saw your pics, all very cute. COuldn't get Olivia's six month video to load but. Hmmm, will try again tonight.

Lauren- Good luck with the offer, crossing fingers for you.

Liz- lol at the wind

With the height, I heard you add mum and dad's, divide by two, and add 8cm for a boy and subtract 8 for a girl. Works out about right for me and my brother.
    We have had one of *those* days. Baby is tired but will not sleep! And we're dragging Mr Cranky Bum out to a baptism preparation tonight, right on bedtime. And will have to explain to a priest that we're not married, I'm not even Catholic and dh hasn't been to church in about 15 years. Wish me luck, this will be a fun evening

ETA- kts, I don't think we have to worry about sterilizing at this age.

hi guys, baby screaming in background, so no chatting from me.
    on the sterilising, I thought it was up to 12 mo? could be way wrong!
    Gotta go..

Quote Originally Posted by kts64s View Post
    HI Girls!!

Just a quick question for those who have bottle fed bubies - Until when do you sterilise bottles? I use boiled water and still sterilise but DH asked to day how much longer do I need to do it for and I have no idea?

Thanks
    I have been told you no longer need to steralize at all.. It is a personal choice. just wash in hot soapy water and rinse well..

Quote Originally Posted by LoriRae View Post
    we got another 4 hour sleep last night-yaaaay!!!!! Here's hoping it becomes a habit.

With the height, I heard you add mum and dad's, divide by two, and add 8cm for a boy and subtract 8 for a girl. Works out about right for me and my brother.
    We have had one of *those* days. Baby is tired but will not sleep! And we're dragging Mr Cranky Bum out to a baptism preparation tonight, right on bedtime. And will have to explain to a priest that we're not married, I'm not even Catholic and dh hasn't been to church in about 15 years. Wish me luck, this will be a fun evening
    woo on 4 hours!! heres hoping on longer sleep soon

good Luck with the baptism thingo I a yet to even get close to organizing Olivias.. the boys weren't done for ages either.. To be honest I mainly got them christened for my Grandmum.. and now shes gone it just doesn't feel as urgent anymore I dunno..

Anyways.. not much to report.. Missy had potato today.. didn't like went back to rice cereal she loved lol..

Jus- Ella be quiet so mum can have some BB time

Nic- Only reason we're bothering with baptism is my hypocritical MIL insisting he be baptised Catholic. I keep telling myself that if I don't believe it's just water on his head. Won't do him any harm. We're booked in to do it on Aug 3. Unmarried, non- religious parents apparentley not an issue

With the sterilizing thing, according to Barb, the LC on the feeding forums, and the ABA, breast fed babies don't really require sterilising anything- just a good clean with hot soapy water and at least two rinses with hot water, and dummies just scalded in freshly boiled water for 5 minutes, not actually boiled up. And I was told by my gp that the only reason sterilizing became an issue was a few irresponsible people who think that just giving the bottle a quick rinse in cold water is enough, so they say to sterilize to cover that factor. Obviously in hospitals it's different, and for newborns who have infections or low immune systems. I still sterilize my expresser, more because it's become a good routine- wash after use, the throw in the sterilizer (which lives in the microwave) for next use. Saves me washing it then washing it again before I use it next.
    Yay! Mum's group tomorrow. But then it's off to the dentist for me *chilling music plays in the background as Lori imagines needles and drills*
    Night all

ETA- Nic, Ty still won't eat potato unless it's mixed with apple or pear!

HI Girls!
    I am sitting her with my Bub on my lap, yes my bub wide awake for the past 2 hours like she had just woken up from a 12 hours sleep after only an hour. Not winging but happy and playing and giggling.

It is like someone gave ger a bag of sugar and let her eat it all.

Anyway, no tired signs yet hope they come soon, she has never done anything like this before.

This coudl be a long night wish me luck! HOpe everyones nights go better than how mine has started.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast