Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #16

Morgan - Get well wishes for Vicky

Just wanted to give my love and say I am thinking of you Morgan
    Get well soon Vicky

oh my what a night!!

Olivia woke at 10:30 and I finally got her to sleep at midnight and the longest stretch of sleep we had was about 20 minutes.. I am not tired yet!! I can feel it coming though lol..

Morgan: thinking of you.. Hoping Vicki is feeling better this morning

Morgan, sending speedy get well soon vibes to little Vicky. I hope she is on the mend quick smart. Huge hugs to you to huni. I know how very worrying it is when bub is in hosp sick.

Abbey is down again too, has a snotty nose and her chest is getting congested once again. She's been in the foulest moods lately too. Not sleeping much and just grumpy and whinging all the time. Seriously doing my head in I tell ya. And just as i type that she turns and gives me a huge smile. Cheeky brat.

Sorry I haven't caught up with everyone. Have been very busy studying any chance I get and trying to sort out my doula stuff. Looks like I may have a client here from BB, hoping that her hubby can see the worth in having a doula. If nothing comes out of it, then I am still fine, although somewhat dissapointed. This has been the kick in my bum I needed to get studying and sorting stuff out again.

Now I haev to try to get Abbey to take a bottle for me. Anyone have any great ideas. Oh and expressing might be a good start for me I have another gf who is having her bub early this week, said I can go in with her, but that's totally up to Abbey atm.

Best go, Abbey is hitting the keyboard and making it very hard to type.

Hi everyone!!

- Anyones bub into wiggles?? Ash LOVES them. i brought him a dvd and he cacks himself!

Lauren I laugh at the wiggles too my kids are into the Fairies! Olivia rolls over and watches the screen for a while.. very cute!!

Trish: Good luck with the studying.. hope abbey gets better soon. silly winter hitting is not helping with these poor babies..

Olivia is being seriously cute this morning. just blowing raspberries and talking..

Good luck with the bottle Trish. I don't have any tips. we haven't really succeeded in getting Ella to take one (she used to, but sadly no more) - yet another thing she doesn't do. Would Abbey drink out of a cup instead. Another chuckle here, Ella will drink water out of a cup but not Milk! cheeky miss.

We actually had some sleep here last night. She went 8 hours. sadly I wasn't asleep myself for all that time, but 6 hours made me feel on top of the world.

Is a grumpy mummy's girl today with sore teeth, poor bub.

DH is being a superstar & looking after her because I'm working from home today, which will help the finances a tad.
    Madly trying to pack for Karitane, Nic I don't know how you do it with camping. You are truly a superstar!!!

Btw Claire, welcome. I so wish I'd known about bb when I was pregnant & joined the forum then. Oh well, better late than never.

Hey Trish, are you in sydney? If we ever have another child (lol) I've decided to take in my own midwife/doula, so hey in a few years maybe I'll be another client....

Morgan I hope there's some improvement soon. look after yourself.

Hey Lori, way to go Ty! Ella's still impressing me on the mummummum thing. Sometimes she's even looking at me. Actually I think it's her new hungry cry. But I'm going to lap it up. She thinks its hilarious if we say it or daddad back to her...

man is it cold today or what...

Hi everyone...very happy me here... I posted before but deleted it incase i was jumping ahead of myself.. but WE SOLD THE HOUSE!! WHHOOOHHOO!
    Signed papers today so they have 3 days cooling off so everything on edge for 3 days but pretty confident all should be ok. They want 60day settlement but we get the deposit in 28days so sunny QLD here we come. Mum has already been offered a office management job - which is a freaky story cos after ages of applying for jobs and being knocked back cos were in melb, she just so happened to be talking to a stranger on the net whos looking for someone in the area we are moving too!!
    So we have picked Gympie, but closer to the beach a little.. !!! yay so we're packing big time atm. so fingers crossed no one has a change of heart at the last minuet
    Mind you its giving me less time to TTC #2!! ahhhhh so fingers crossed i get that right on target!

hope everyone has a good night.. i cant get this smile off my face.. im so sick of the crap i have in melb at the moment!

WOOHOO Lauren. So very happy for you hun. I am sure all will go fine with the cool off period. As for TTC #2, well that just means you can get yourself a hot guy from QLD to make babies with instead Not such a bad thing I think. LOL.

Jus, I am in Norwest Sydney, so out near Stanhope, Quakers Hill, Blacktown way. Here's hoping you will be needing my services in a couple of years or so.

Went to my gf's today, she is getting induced either tomorrow or Tuesday, she has sent me home with her new pump and some containers for milk, Guess I need to get pumping hey. I called mum to ask her if she can watch the girls on Tuesday, told her that Abbey hasn't had a bottle yet and I'm sure she's not too comfortable about it, but I did suggest that she could cup or syringe feed her if need be. Poor Abbey is going to have a crash course I think. The hosp is only about 10 minutes from home so if really needed she could be bought in to me for a feed. And I bet if that was the case Abbey would play around and not feed properly.

Bub is still in a crap mood, she has had a couple of cat naps today but thats about it.

Trish: Abbey might take the bottle when you aren't around. A syringe would get her through the day thoug i am sure.. I hope your mum has the patience lol.. Good luck to your friend

Lauren: WOO.. moving to semi warm QLD.. Gympie is nice.. I have onl ever driven through or had maccas on our way to Bris but its a nice looking town Get moving on that ttc lol..

Jus: woo on 6 hours sleep.. See I sent you my sleep I got none.. I semi napped on and off today so don't feel so bad tonight.. As for Packing.. I curse my way through it.. I have a bag for each of us and I get one set of day clothes for each day plus 2 spares.. then 3 sets of jammies if going away for a week.. I can always wash.. Camping is different but we haven't ever gone for too long so I take about a weeks worth of clothing...

Olivia was so foul this morning but finally crashed at 12 for 3 hours.. Due to Simon sleeping after night shift I couldn't put her in her own bed so I popped her in the boys room, I was going to put her on Ethans bed but thought better of it so seeing as Isaac is on the floor at the moment (thanks to breaking his bed ~ long story) I put her there.. Thankfully I did cus she was crying but i thought nope just leave her cus she is tired.. after 5 mins she wasn't settling so i went in and she was over a metre away from where I put her and on the floor She is in bed now.. ooo and she ate plain pumpkin mixed with sweet potato tonight woooo...

Well im off to watch gladiators with the boys!

Hi all,
    What bloody horrible weather!
    Claire- Hi, welcome (re-welcome?)
    Nic- That was lucky. Ty's moving himself all over the place these days- rolls and shuffles along with his arms till he get to the area he's trying to go to. But hasn't got the legs figured out yet. And gets very very grumpy if there's something just in front of him that he can't quite reach. Hope you get some sleep tonight.
    Jus- Yay on your sleep! You must be feeling better fi you're talking about having another baby. Good luck with Karitane, I hope it works out well for you guys! Bring me back some tips (or maybe a shirt that says "I went to Karitane and all I got was this wakeful baby" )
    Trish- Good luck for your friend. How cool- I'd love to be at a birth.
    Lauren- Yay on the house!!!!
    Well, Mr Grumpy woke up at 5:30 this morning screaming his head off and took half an hour to settle. And then I had to get up at 7 for work, grrrrr
    And the poor little thing has the worst nappy rash. Bizzare, there was none and then the next nappy change it was everywhere, it's even weeping a bit. We are supposed to have swimming lessons tomorrow morning but if it's still bad we'll skip it. I can't imagine chlorine being good for it.
    Speaking of swimming lessons, I found somewhere else to do them, thanks to a recomdation from one of the mum's in my mothers group. A little bit more spensive but so warm and nice in there, with UV filtration and minimum chlorine, and proper change area with showers and heated floor so it drys quickly. I think it will be worth the extra money.
    Sending sleep dust to everyone tonight. Hope the snooze fairy is good to you all!!

I have asked DP if he can get the day off work on Tues. Not sure which one of them is better to look after Abbey. My issue with DP is that I have heard him say several times if she keeps crying he will just put her in the cot and leave her to cry. This is something that I just do not and can not do. So how will I know if he is doing that while I am gone. KWIM ?

I sat down with the pump tonight and expressed just over 120 mls. That might do Abbey for one feed. LOL. Not sure how much milk I will need to have for her. That's the only thing about breastfeeding, you don't know how much they are getting. Not that I have a prob with that normally, Just when I am making up bottles.

Nic, sounds like Olivia is making her way around the place. Abbey does that now too. I have pulled out the old walker for her atm. Anything to give me a break and her a change.

Is anyone elses bub going through the whole seperation bit. Abbey is being painful atm. I can't lay her on the floor and leave her without her crying or whinging. Even when DP is holding her she is grunting and sooking. It's gettingvery annoying to say the least. I have started to leave her whinge for a bit as I know that there is nothing wrong with her and I am keeping an eye on her. But erg, I hate this stage.

ETA Lori Rae, poor bub, I hope his bum clears up fast. Maybe tomorrow you can give him some nappy free time.

If all goes well this wil be my 3rd birth I have supported in. And then my own 5. Do they count It's really great being on the other end but also very draining and tiring being a support person too. Really has to be a labour of love I think.
    Last edited by Trish; June 15th, 2008 at 10:44 PM.

Trish - thats great to get 120mls! i struggled when i was trying to express i think once i got 120 the rest were like 60mls or something stupid. Is it a automatic one or hand pump?
    And i agree with the stamina thing with being a birth attendant.. its gotta be a killer waiting so long for someone to have there bubs. but i guess if all goes well the ending so worth it!..

LoriRae: thanks for the sleep dust I needed it,, mmm warm pool.. I would love to go swimming now. hope Ty's bottom is all good today

Trish: Good luck with tomorrow. Olivia is ok for a short time on the floor but some days she just whines regardless of whether I am holding her or not.. Simon keeps saying I need to put Olivia into her cot to cry but I don't see the need if I am able to comfort her. sometimes I am busy and she has to cry but if I am not I won't leave her. It doesn't work anyways, I did it once to prove a point

Lauren: Morning. hows the packing going?

Pretty decent night here.. horrid morning thanks to 3 horrible boys ggrrr I am so sick of screaming and yelling and complete disobedience... Jacob is just horrid this week.. Thank god simon is on days off now. I may have dumped Jacob in the nearest bin if he wasn't

ah... quiet day planned still recovering from my sleepless night. thankfully I got some catch up sleep last night.. I don't ever remember getting such bad sleep with any of my kids.. Ethan didn't sleep through the night till he was 3 but I don't remember him being aswake like the Princess is

oh and in my mental sleep deprived state the old I want a baby thoughts have crept in.. what the hell is wrong with me Simon said thank goodness for tube tying he jus rolled his eyes at me and said sure if you can get pregnant naturally we'll have another haha.. [email protected] hehe..

Well better go Ethans lift will be here soon and she is bringing me a cup of sugar. I ran out and neeeeed coffee..

Lauren, what I didn't mention was that I was pumping away on and off for abour 90 minutes. My lord are my nipples tender this morning. I was using the Advent Isis manual pump. Think I will have a whole lot more pumping to do today. And I am planning on taking my pump with me to the hosp. Would be nice if I could just jump on their electic ones though.

Nic, I am hearing you on the feral kids. I think this crappy weather makes them worse too. They get cabin fever. Both DP and I have been going off our nuts. I think cos we are both so tired all the time too. Tehya is still awake over night and up between 5 and 6am to stay up, Abbey is up and down all bloody night, more up than donw. It's not that she takes a long time to go back to sleep, I just put her on the boob and she goes back with 5 or 10 minutes, it's the waking up 4 or 5 times that's doing it to me.

Does anyone know how much milk I need to have for a days worth of milk for a 6 month old ? I am guessing that it's prob diff for all bubs and that what a bottle fed baby has would be diff to a breast fed bub. My gf's bub is 3 weeks younger than Abbey and she drinks a full bottle of formula for one feed. Now if I have to make that much for a bottle for Abbey the girl is gonna starve. No way can I make 4 full bottles in a day !! I may have a good supply but I'm not a bloody cow.
    Last edited by Trish; June 16th, 2008 at 08:31 AM.

trish - i used that one too.. i know what u mean about the nipples! LOL

nic - i have run out of boxes! so im trying to buy some more off ebay today! there so expensive to buy from a storage place...

Wah my feet are cold.. yes I know go put on some socks but the are in the bedroom and Simon is asleep waaaah

I think laying down the law worked this morning. I was one of "those" mothers this morning and the kids settled down

Nic, I am one of those mother's most days hun. My kids are immune to it I am sure.

Sitting here expressing once again. Wish I had an electric pump. Maybe I can go to the nearest dairy MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast