Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #16

Hi Girls! So far so good with the solids. Touch wood we have had no ill effects from anything I have given her yet. Fruit we have had Apple, banana and pear and Vegie's we have had potato, sweet potato, pumpkim, brocilli, cauliflower, peas, beans and zucini.

She will eat anything and everything. She has Bellamy's Baby oats in the morning with some sort of fruit mixed through. Lunch mixed vegies and dinner mixed vegies along with her normal milk feeds.

I love to cook so I just spent some time steaming and mashing a whole stack of organic vegie's and then put them in ice cube trays once frozen they go into a zip lock bag. Once a week I split these into her meals and then each night I only have to grab out a container which is already to go.

solids? what are they? LOL. I haven't had time to start her on solids. Mum flew out to the UK this week, and I've been doing her last minute washing and cleaning for her. This is where exclusive breastfeeding comes in handy! LOL.

She has had a taste of some apple, but that's it!

I bought some cereal and a jar of apple (i usually make my own, but figured I need something on hand when we start) with the intention of starting her, but just haven't. The poor thing looks longingly at our food these days too. hehehe. Aah well.

Well, must go. DH has invited friends around tonight, and the house is in no state for visitors! It's like a chinese laundry in the loungeroom. Argh. And I haven't started dinner yet!

Bye!

morgan78 Guest

Vicky has only just started solids so tomorrow we try pumpkin.
    kts64s - where do you get the Bellamy's from as i have not seen in it Woolies or Coles
    Nic - How about doing avo & banana instead DS used to love that.
    Trish - Just wondering how you were feeling...hope you weren't too sick.

Have a good weekend everyone

Quote Originally Posted by morgan78 View Post
    kts64s - where do you get the Bellamy's from as i have not seen in it Woolies or Coles
    I wondered the same thing.. I used to buy it for Jacob but now I can only find heinz grr.

I am so exhausted. I am going to be in a few.. I thought it was 4:30 that I got up but Simon said it was actually 4 .. that half hour seemed to make all the difference.. and I haven't even felt like having a nap today

Anyways my mind isn't working... Night

My Woolworths and Coles both stock Bellamys formula, rice cereal, oats and a few other thing for when they are a little older.

I did email Bellamys directly earlier this week to see if you can buy direct as my local Coles the prices fluctuate dramatically ($4 a tin) from week to week with no reasoning. Bellmays told me that they will have an online store that will be set up within 6-8 weeks.

I prefer the Bellamys to the others as Bellamys is an organic company selling organice food, rather than a large company just doing it for the sake of it. I guess I like the fact that I am helping out an Austrlian company too.

Hi all,
    Nic- omg, 4 AM???? ? How do you function at that time of the morning??? Haven't seen Bellambys around either.
    We do pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, zucinni, carrot, apple, pear, banana, rice cereal, custard, youghurt and tonight we did pureed chicken. To meet the discerning tastes of the master of the house all vegies must be mixed liberally with apple or pear or it's a no go. Oh, and we do the Raffertys Garden multigrain breakie with apricot and banana, which I mix with pear. I've being doing the freezer thing and making my own, so I just look in and go 'Tonight we will have one potato, one zuccini and one apple', or whatever. Ty loves zuccini and apple.
    Poor little man has two big bruises on his legs from the needles. So can't do much of his favorite activity- rolling aroubd all over the place.
    Took him grocery shopping in his sling the morning and got so much attention- everyone stopping to oooh and ahh over him. And he lapped it up before falling asleep in their. My back is aching something shocking, he seems so much heavier when he's asleep!
    Night all
    ETA- Happy seven months Olivia!!!!
    Last edited by Lolli; June 20th, 2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: ETA- Happy seven months Olivia!!! :)

Well, with visitors leaving so late, I sat down to catch up on BB only to find myself reading up on those poor little twins that died in Qld.

Then I just re-read my last post saying I didn't have time to feed my baby solids! OMG! Ok - in my defence she's only 6 months corrected this week! LOL. But still.. in light of such horrible news, my post can be read in a really bad way!

OK.. really need some sleep. No such thing as a sleep in with kids.. so late nights really kill these days. *yawn*

Kts: I prefer the bellamy's too

LoriRae: I have no idea how I managed to stay awake all day. I am used to getting up and feeding Olivia at that time but her and jacob chose to stay awake instead of going back to sleep as normal *yawn*

I want what Ty is eating Zuccini and apple used to be Ethans fave too. Poor little man with his bruised legs. Olivia has 2 red lumps so I am trying to avoid touching them. they look sore..

Liz: i just don't even know what to say about those poor Twins As for your comment on no solids. I am sure you know if she is hungry enough for solids or not .. I only started Olivia because i thought it might help with her sleeping at night but it didn't but has made her more settled during the day

Simon and i went to bed at 9 last night I lay down and Simon was talking and I felt my entire body just get heavy and I couldn't move. hehehe.. then Olivia stirred and I just about jumped out of skin.. Rolled over and went snoooooore. Olivia woke at 11:20 though and 4:30 and is up for the day now.. *yawn* I don't feel like I did last night though so yay...

I am going to go for a walk today so wish me luck. I had been putting it off cus last time i went walking Olivia had one of her turns and I have been turning into a hermit so I need to get out some more. I have only been venturing away from the house if Simon is with me and that is starting to get a little ridiculous.. Anyways I am looking forward to getting out today.

Nic - yeah, I know I'm not starving my baby, just funny how put in a different context what I said sounded terrible hehe. DD is definitely ready to start solids, but she's not hungry for it. I tried her with a bit of cereal and apple this morning. She wasn't really that interested. She didn't spit it out, but she didn't open her mouth up for it either. She was too busy trying to grab the spoon.. so I gave her her own spoon to hold hehe. So she didn't have much.

Enjoy your walk. You've inspired me to ask DH if we should go for a walk up to the park or something. It's a nice day here today... it's been pretty miserable and threatening showers all week.

Liz, thats how Olivia with solids.. she opens her mouth but doesn't show any real interesrt... oh except for the avacado.. dang forgot to get that ths morning.. oh well tmorrow..

Walk was great. boys got hair cuts.. we bought a few essentials 3 hours later we got home.. and Olivia only cried once the entire time and it was more wah wah I fed her she went to sleep we kept going on our merry way.. The boys wanted to go out on the new jetty but I felt a bit iffy on my own seeing as there are no sides.. so we will do that tuesday

and I started Olivia with water last night. Just to play with mainly and well she loves it.. I think she drank a ml but hey she was chewing on the cup and going a little nutty..

ok time for lunch here. Had t sit to feed the Missy and now she is done I must go...

are u supposed to give bubs water wen they start real solid food like veggies or even when there just eating custard?? im not 100% when i should start Ash. I think hes fine with boobies atm but im guessing water is good for them ???

Lauren, I don't think I started Tallon on water until he was close to 1. It's up to you really

Forgot to mention, Ash is saying mum now yay! but he only says it when he cracks it

Lauren, yay for mum mum. I don't introduce my babies to water for a long time. Just a personal thing, and I don't think they really need it when bfing. So when is the big move, or did I miss you say when your going ?

Nic, sounds like you had a great walk. WOW at 3 hours. Hope the boys slept well for you afterwards.

Liz, poor Kayla with you starving her It's ok, I am starving Abbey too. And I mean that in the nicest way. She is still having plenty of boob and I am getting better at giving her solids, well she is getting better at having them. She eats with enthusiasm and can easily finish off a jar of fruit. Not so well with the vegies though. She gags til she spews still with them. Poor girl.

I took Abbey to see Sex in the city on Thursday, it was just her, me, my gf and some guy in the theatre. Abbey did really well and even went to sleep. Was cute at a time the girls in the movie were laughing Abbey decided to squeal along with them.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thankfully the weather here is decent today.
    Noah got man of the match and the trophey yesterday at football. GO NOAH !!

Oh forgot to say Happy 7 months to Olivia.

trish - we decided to stay here a little bit longer, i need more TTC time. At least it give us a little more time to plan QLD better, but we still are very egar to get there. Mum really wants me to have another one too so shes happy to wait and give me some more time.

Oh wow, big call there hun. Well I sure do hope that Ashers dad is forthcoming with the baby making goods then

the 'baby making' part he's more than happy to help out with - Men! wat can i say... but his only issue atm is hes not my partner and wants to be but i dont see a point if im moving and its not like he makes any effort to see ash now so go figure!!

So sounds like you just need some sperm donation to me then. Get him drunk and steal some
    Last edited by Trish; June 22nd, 2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Typo

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast