Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #18

Have a great time Trish!

Hi all,
    Trish- Have a good time in Melbourne, hope you don't freeze too much down there.

Liz- poor Tallon And I am feeling for you next week already- Kayla might be grumpy after her needles and Tallon might be sick, so you might have your hands full!!

It is quiet in here without Nic isn't it? Ty is having a nap, I've already been for my walk with Jus, and the house is clean. wow!! I am on top of things today. Only prob is I have to go and do the grocercies. Leant my BabyBjorn to a friend the other day, told her I need it back this morning to go shopping, and just ran into her at the bus stop using it. Grrr. And she had it all slung up over one shoulder too, I hope she doesn't break it, those things are damn expensive. I have the ring sling but I always worry taking Ty shopping in that one- he sits kangaroo style now and I worry he'll tip himslef out. Ahh, the trials of motherhood
    Well, he's awake, that didn't last long....

Hi all,
    so sorry to hear Tallon is sick & then you'll have needles too for Kayla . Have to confess I haven't had Ella's needles done yet. holding off on it, and now she's not well, so it will have to wait... I don't mind much, I'm going to hold off all of them. I can't complain about her not being well, because even tho I obviously would prefer she was well, she's sleeping like nothing else in the day time - like Ty. So this is what it's like!!! Sadly, we're still up at night.

Unlike Lori I'm having a lazy day & am wearing trackies & watching telly.

Keep thinking about signing up to flylady... can't be bothered cleaning much lately, you clean beans are putting me to shame.

Hey Lori, you should have said about the baby bjorn, you could've borrowed mine for the shopping. btw, Aldi baby seat trolleys are good cos baby is nearly upright. ella loved it (better than woolies which was for tiny babies).

ps. altho I did clean our downstairs loo & clean the benches the other day. the pride from that will keep me going for a month... he he h

hey ... forgot to say welcome to mellie & ryley...

and not so important, laughed out loud at the poor little mouse & the encyclopedia.

happy friday arvo all

oh no Jus i must of missed the mouse with the book story, i dont think i want to know.. LOL

Ash was watching wiggles this morning and was singing to them!!! was sooo cute! i got a great photo of it. hehe
    I brought some wiggles material from spotlight today, im gonna make him a quilt for his cot and a bumper. Omg i so needed the wiggles yesterday, i took ash to see mum at the new house - an hour away. i know i had it coming. and he SCREAMED all the way home and i was pulling my hair out, so i got home fed him and put wiggles on and as soon as he sat down he was back dancing and loving it. i soo needed to see some crazyness on tv to make me feel better about myself.

Anyone got the number for Wiggles Anonymous ?.......... i think i need help LOL

LOL Lauren. Wiggles has been a bit of a lifesaver here lately too (with DS tho, not DD). I've been able to shower by myself! Bliss! And - believe it or not, I'm starting to like Sam! We returned one DVD and got out another one, and yeah.. he grows on ya. hehe.

Jus - don't worry, I'm not a clean bean. LOL. It does help that I did one massive clean up coz of that darn mouse, so I'm a bit more inspired with Flylady to keep on top of it. I'm doing well actually I just worked on one hotspot - the end of our kitchen bench. it's been a dumping ground since forever.. so I cleaned it up (most of it ended up in the bin actually.. shows how often it's actually checked) and my bench is clear! My other hotspot - well.. that's an entire room.. our office. I think I'm gonna need some serious flying lessons to tackle that one LOL. Altho i like the idea of just clearing a path through it each day.. doesn't take long, and apparently before you know it, you've cleaned up the room! And I'm keeping on top of the kitchen. I find a clean kitchen has a flowon effect.. it makes me do other areas as well hehe. Oh - I also cleaned out my bathroom drawer while DS was in the bath (making use of my time! LOL) and omg - most of that ended up in the bin too! Soooo nice to have a tidy drawer now tho.. no more rummaging for my lipstick or deodorant! LOL.

OK, you're inspiring me... I'm aiming for shiny sink, so maybe it will flow on. problem is the whole house is a hotspot... It took me a month to clear the dining table, and now it's covered again. Will try again! LOL. Starting tomorrow. he he he. today was lazy day.

I haven't tried wiggles yet for dd, but we have tried Baby Einstein (got Baby Galileo - DH's choice - he loves astronomy) & she loved it. I was surprised cos I'd tried another baby dvd which she wasn't interested in at all! I put her in the playpen, and she watched TV & played with an empty coke bottle! Mother of the Year or what???

Ella must be getting better cos she wouldn't sleep much this arvo. it's that or the fact I broke out & ate some chocolate. Totally glad I am breastfeeding her, but can't wait til the day I can eat whatever I want.... maybe in another year or so.

i can't remember who had the encyclopedia story, but I did laugh hard! It's a few pages back.

Oh well, should go get something ready for dinner. DD happily playing with that coke bottle again, better take my chance. Might find wiggles dvd too.

LOL liz - warned you about sam..... i highly recomend 'You make me feel like dancing' ! i know all the words to that one, mind you Leo Sayer is on it and i dont like him! but its only the first song.

Jus - mother of the yr.... well guess what i was doing last night..... dying rice grains red to put in Ash's empty coke bottle!!! PML he loves it too!

morgan78 Guest

Jus - im glad you liked the "mouse" story, we all still have a laugh when it comes up.

All you girls are making me want to get up and clean my house - actually its not too bad i do a big clean once a week so its clean but untidy...5 mins of my boy being up and it looks like a disaster zone *sigh*.
    We had a great day today, met up with some of the other Brissy mums & dads and their lovely kids. Alex exhausted himself in the playground and Vicky thought everyone was a crack up. Mind you they were shattered on the way home and the little darlings were asleep by 6.30am.

Wow where is everyone????

I have a question - Olivia has started pretending to choke. It is kind of hard to describe but it's like she is screaming high pitched without sound and her face goes red and she starts choking or coughing. I am pretty sure she is doing it on purpose but it is kind of freaky, I'm hoping its just a phase or something new she has discivered that she is trying out. MIL thinks it is her struggling to talk. Any ideas? She is not upset by it and in fact seems happy to do it. It is pretty embarassing when you are out though!

Kayla has started making horrible coughing sounds - like a seal! Sometimes sounds like choking. I'd say they're just discovering noises they can make and will move on to something new eventually hehe.

Omg Alicia, Ash has started doing that too. he does it when he having a tantie!!
    Speaking on tantrums, Ash has just started today, arching his back when i put him in the car seat. Anyone else doing that yet?
    Hes such a perfect boy but the one thing he just doesnt like doing is being in the car... hmmm i might go put more toys in there maybe.... OMG i know ill buy a dvd player and put the wiggles on.... LOL

For those breastfeeding still,does anyones bubs react to what you eat still? i had mushrooms for lunch when i went out yesterday and Ash gets the WORST tummy issues, i thought he would be over it, i guess that off my menu for good!
    Im gonna book him in with a chiro tomorrow,hopefully itll help his wind and his back keeps cracking too when i pick him up Thanks for recomending it jus.

i brought Ash a new wiggles dvd today, new songs to learn.. hehe

Kayla has tummy issues, but I think its solids more than what i'm eating *shrug*. Hadnt really thought about it TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Morning all! Gosh it's quiet here without Nic! LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriRae View Post
    It is quiet in here without Nic isn't it? T

AWW i was missed

I am back i am tired.. I had fun!!

Olivia was good.. All the rellies just loved her.. She barely slept during the day although her and I snuck off for a nap yesterday afternoon hehehe... she slept reasonably well at night but sleeping through doesn't seem to happen here anymore

Af finally arrived after a months break of course it arrived Saturday Couldn't have waited one more day but was ok..

Kids in general were fantastic.. They saved up all the screaming till we got home this afternoon.. OMg I was ready to kill them.. Jacob was screaming non stop Olivia was having a major melt down and I ended up putting Olivia in her cot Jacob in his bed and walking outside.. After I had calmed down I went and got Olivia and I felt so meann she was sobbing.. and then she filled her nappy so that was obviously the problem.. but she still cuddled in so she doesn't hate me,.

Anyways I am thinking about going to bed soon.. Simon is back to work tomorrow..

bad bad bad night here.... bad

I ended up washing the dishes at 3am.. thats how bad it was.. lol

welcome back nic, sorry to hear you were washing dishes at 3 am. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that sort of thing. The way I figure is you're awake anyway, so you might as well get something done that's a stress! Then at least something will be done by morning, even tho sleeping wasn't going to happen. Hope you have a much better night tonight.

Sounds like your time away was fun.

I still have to be careful with what I eat Buzzie, mostly stay away from heavy garlic & stuff, but can't have any caffeine basically. ate 4 squares of chocolate one day & then ella wouldn't sleep. Good luck with the chiro.

Ella's arching her back with tanties for putting in the car, and I know Ty does that too. Can't believe it's all started so early.

Had the most massive poo explosion here this morning, and after I'd bathed her & dressed her, found poo had gotten on to the clean clothes so had to change her (read 'wrestle' her) all over again! Aargh. Been waiting for it for days, and she's getting stinky with the 'solids'. What little she eats. Amazingly enough she likes Chicken broth, so I'm very excited about that, as that should get some protein & iron into her!

Gotta go - she's awake.

Hi all,
    I didn't log on yesterday and was worried I'd miss heaps Kind of glad it's been so quiet

Nic- Course we missed you Sux that you had a bad nigth but at least the dishes are done, right? We actually had an amazing good night- Ty slept from 1am till 7am

Alicia- We get that too. And sometimes Ty will tense up and his face will go allred and he'll grunt. At first I thought he was trying to poo but now I think he's just doing it for the fun of it. And he's started making really weird noises in the back of his throat- like an aaaahhhh sound but really low and drawn out.

Lauren- As Jus said, we get massive tanties here going into the car seat, or the high chair, or the pram... anything where he sits up and gets strapped in. He'd much rather be stretched out on the floor. Distraction is my only technique for coping with it- either with a toy or his cup or dh, if I distract him enough I can get him in. I haven't really noticed any foods that affect Ty ever, but I am bad I have caffeine and chocolate and garlic and all that bad stuff (actually, they reckon garlic is good for improving your milk supply cause it makes bubs suck harder).

Jus- You Mother of the Year you, I'm going to buy you a badge that says that Had to laugh at the coke bottle. We have a stack of expensive toys and Ty's favorite is a $3 rubber hammer that dh almost gave to the dog when I bought it home cause it look like a dog toy. I'm not sure what's worse- the small everyday poos we get now or the massive bf explosion we used to get every 4 days or so.

We had a lovely weekend. Shopping on Saturday- we went to the local growers market to get our fruit and veg for the fortnight. Bought Ty some fresh strawberries which he loooved, especially mixed with his yoghurt or in the mesh feeder. I worked yesterday which was great fun and then we actually had a nice dinner with the mil last night (shock!!). I fell asleep on their lounge with Ty, which was nice too.
    Ty is over his measles but now has a cold, poor little thing. So we're stuck at home again. The good thing about being stuck at home is I've become a domestic goddess- cooking up a storm. Dinner's been cooked every night and I've been baking! I'm going to make a cake with those strawberries later today, once the housework is done. Hoping Ty gets better soon cause i really need to go and see the CHN and explain I really don't want to go to Tresillian- they rang the other day to book me in for September good thing I'm not really on edge.... could be a while before I got help!!

Better night here last night.. just one wake up and only for 40 minutes..

We lost all internet and phone here today.. 4 hours i was without.. cable broke somewhere apparently..

Lori: sorry to hear Ty has a cold now. Poor little man.. hope he feels better soon

Jus: I had a poo spolsion the other day too.. right up to the neck.. was so gross.. then Jacob had his ver first poo accident in the car .. Poor Simon was dry retching when he got Jacob out of the car.. I was PMSL!! it was disgusting though heheh..

Well I think my Miss is ready for another nap.... maybe..

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast