Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #3

WTG with all those bubs growing and getting chubby.

there's nothing cuter than a chubby baby.

i did a huge post but before i got to submit it, i pressed the wrong button and lost it all, now i'm going to start again.

firstly, hi to everyone.

I put my forms in for the payment the monday after Mirani was born and the following monday (xmas eve) the money was there. i think it just depends on how busy clink is.

my bleeding has stopped this week, now just the wait for the monthly monster to start arriving again (not looking forward to that one). and for the contraception discussion to take place.

Mirani is still in newborn size nappies as well, i have 2/3 of a box left and after those are gone, she'll be going up to the next size. she too is in a 000. I dont know how much she weighs though, she hasnt been weighed since she was a week old and my kitchen scales dont go up that high. she has her CHC appt next week so will see then.

Mirani's still a little bit windy and i think a little constipated as well.

but apart from that, we are all doing great.

sorry trish but i had to have a giggle about tehya puking in the car, my brother used to get car sick on long trips when we were kids. we always had to take at lest one ice cream bucket with us.

Congrats Aunty Ali!!!

Yeah I think the confidence factor is a big influence this time round. I dont find myself second guessing everything and I often just change nappies/feed/burp without even thinking about what Im doing. Even the whole toddler/newborn situation isnt as bad as I thought - sure we've had our moments but nowhere near what everyone had me expecting.

Nic - do you have a weightloss plan? Im probably going to go with Weight Watchers again, I lost most of my baby weight through following WW last time without feeling like I was sacrificing everything yummy I like to eat. Plus theyre breastfeeding friendly which I have to take into account this time. Im not to stressed about it atm, Im giving myself the first 6wks to just get organised and relax. My friend and I are going to do pole dancing classes once Im able to leave bub with DH - a friend of ours did it for 2mths before her wedding and she looked fabulously taunt and terrific, reckons it was so much fun. I think we're giving pilates a go too.
    Last edited by Freya; January 11th, 2008 at 01:44 PM.

Anna, first of all never get comfortable with the toddler/ newborn thing. In a blink of an eye that can all change

I am coping pretty well so far with Abbey. The only thing that is killing me is that she won't just go in her rocker for 10 minutes. The jelly belly, well I am resigned that unless I have a tummy tuck I will never have a flat stomach again. I am still loosing my weight (i think) and slowly getting back into a size 12. I know that I won't get to a 10 without starving myself so I will stay here.

Michelle, we have an ice cream bucket in each car. The minute Tehya says spew - yes, she tells us. It's a mad grab for the bucket.

Nic, I hope you achieve your weight loss hun. Of course you will. You have all those kiddies to run around after.

Ali, congrats on your new nephew. Not a bad sized bub for one so small. By brothers gf had my nephew earlier this year. She is 4 foot 9 and he weighed 4.04kgs. V birth, not a stich in sight. She did a great job.

I have a clingy baby here today, she has just gone off to sleep, hopefully until I have to pick Maria up from CC.

Michelle: Hi.. I think my Af is already on her way back.. why can't I get what most Bf mummy's get and thats a break from Af for a few months!! *sigh*

Anna: not a weight loss plan as such.. just healthy eating and moderate exercise.. My friends partner is a personal trainer so I email him my weekly eating habits and exercise and he tells me if I am being good or not and whay I can do to improve it He lives in Bris so if I am really norty he rings me and yells at me in a fun tone though..

Trish: I know I will never have a flat tummy without a tuck either but I just want to lose my double chin and sigh I just want my pre pre pre pre pregnancy body back

Ali - Congrats on new nephew

Anna - Pole dancing sounds like fun. I wanted to do that as a Hens Night thing I organised for a friend but she wasn't into it so we did the regular male stripper and lots of drinking thing. A few years ago I did bellydancing (you don't have to show your belly) which was heaps of fun and helped me lose weight, I would love to take it up again but need to find a friend to go along with...

Bugger DH calling BBL

Oooh DH used Ikea's online planner to design a new kitchen - looks nice (not getting my hopes up on it getting done quickly though)

Nic - Your family pic looks great.

Lauren - I went to the movies at Victoria Gardens. As far as I know they are the only cinema with separate crying rooms in the theaters but I think all cinemas offer mums and bubs sessions. I would definitely be up for a movie with the Melb girls :-D

Trish - I am trying to take it easy but I am getting a little sick of feeling useless and having a 'minder' all the time (mum and DH are taking shifts). Also not being able to drive is so constricting! DH keeps telling me that I am doing the important stuff with looking after Olivia but the rest of the stuff I can't do is annoying me - shopping, visiting, even housework! Anyway am feeling a bit better and temp has gone done so should stop being a paranoid woman and just ask my nurse about it on her visit here tomorrow.

Olivia has been restless today, even after the cool change. Have a feeling it will be a bad night :-(

Thanks Alicia!!

I bet you are sick of doing nothing.. How long till you can do stuff? and yes girly you ask the nurse.. We don't want you getting sick again..

this is sad but.. on my DDF (due date forum) I joined ages ago. (it is a US one) one of the bubs is 3 weeks old and she has meningitis The drs have said she is going to survive but they don't know how much damage she has if any to her brain.. I feel so bad for them.. It must be so sad... I can't imagine if Olivia was sick.. It would just break my heart... So any good thoughts you could spare....

Hi all,

I decided it was time to join the fun! I've been following along a bit, but just haven't had time to post.

I had Kai on the 17th of December. I'm loving being a mummy despite the usual problems like wind and reflux. I'm just so in love with my little man. I still can't believe he is ours.

As I haven't really been around on BB for a while I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing this journey with you.

Hi Bron and Welcome Congrats on the birth of your little man

Hi Everyone,

I will come back later for personals.

Nic - Do you like the angel monitor? I have just been out looking for monitors and it is a toss up between the angel or tommy tippe one. Do u find the angel too sensitive, as in are you getting up constantly?
    I just got a hug a bub and can't wait ti whatch dvd to learn how tp use it.

Best go I have a mad house atm.

I wouldn't be without my monitor.. it can be sensitive if you have fans on but can be adjusted.. for us don't have te fan bloswing directly on her anyway.. ceiling fans are another matter, i think if you move the bed asway and adjust the sensitivity it should be ok!!

i have only got up once to an alarm and it was a low battery beep lol.. it used to go off with isaac but he was the reason we bought it due to him having breathing issues.. went off a couple times with jacb as he was sleeping so deeply and breathing so lightly.. but IMO they are worth every cent

excuse all typos feeding and typing left handed

Bek - I have the angel monitor too and love it.

Nic - Thinking healthy thoughts for that poor bub. When I get really down about my infection I just thank the stars that it wasn't Olivia that got sick, that would have been much worse.

Bubs is calling.

Nic - My surgeon thinks it will be another month before the wound closes and I no longer need the nurse visits. It is ages.

DH has just ducked out to get fish and chips for dinner and Olivia is sleeping. Oooh am on my own for a full half an hour...

Just a quick question, those using the infants friend - i finally got some today - how much are u using, it said 5 to 10 drops, i reckon thats a big difference so i started with 5, plus it says after each feed, if i did that Ash would habve 15 lots of drops a day LOL How is everyone using it???

Hi Bron - Congrates and welcome. I think you were in one of my TTC buddies last year!!!

Nic - I think I will go and order a monitor seeing that miss Loren only likes to sleep on her belly and in her cot in the nursery. After 5 wks of struggling to get Loren to sleep more than 2 hours overnight Loren slept for 5 hours and the bad thing is I did not even wake to check on her.

DH took Loren off me last night when I fell asleep standing up and I fell into the bassinet whilst patting Loren. I haven't had more than 3 hours sleep per night for the last week. DH ended up feeding her a formula feed and laying her on her tummy (we do this in the day time) and well my miss slept soundly. She also prefers her cot in the nursery to the bassinet in our room, therefore the monitor is necessary.

Sorry for the long winded story above!!!!

Lauren - I started Loren on 5 drops and she now has 10 drops before a feed (I usually only give it to her in the arvos and evenings) some times I will give her some in between feeds if I think she has wind.

BBL

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Nic - My surgeon thinks it will be another month before the wound closes and I no longer need the nurse visits. It is ages.

DH has just ducked out to get fish and chips for dinner and Olivia is sleeping. Oooh am on my own for a full half an hour...
    oh bugger on the wait. That must be so frustrating. oh what I wouldn't give for half an hour alone.. Although on Simons night shifts last week I was alone.

Thanks for the healthy thoughts fir the baby. I am always so grateful my bubs are well. Even when Isaac was sick in SCN it wasn;t life threatening jus really scary

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
    Just a quick question, those using the infants friend - i finally got some today - how much are u using, it said 5 to 10 drops, i reckon thats a big difference so i started with 5, plus it says after each feed, if i did that Ash would habve 15 lots of drops a day LOL How is everyone using it???
    Lauren I started out with 5 drops and now we are up to 15 drops.. ps 10 drops is 0.5ml . measured it out for ease

Quote Originally Posted by BekZ View Post
    Nic - I think I will go and order a monitor seeing that miss Loren only likes to sleep on her belly and in her cot in the nursery. After 5 wks of struggling to get Loren to sleep more than 2 hours overnight Loren slept for 5 hours and the bad thing is I did not even wake to check on her.

DH took Loren off me last night when I fell asleep standing up and I fell into the bassinet whilst patting Loren. I haven't had more than 3 hours sleep per night for the last week. DH ended up feeding her a formula feed and laying her on her tummy (we do this in the day time) and well my miss slept soundly. She also prefers her cot in the nursery to the bassinet in our room, therefore the monitor is necessary.

Sorry for the long winded story above!!!!
    Completely understand. Olivia now sleeps full time on her tummy. Occasionally at night I will lay her on her side but she stirs so I just roll her over and she sleeps..

I so hope you start getting some more sleep soon.. There is nothign worse then falling asleep standing up.. I can remember falling asleep on the toilet one night after I put Jacob back to bed after a feed LOL..

wow so much to keep up with!

First up - howdy Bron and other newbies - WELCOME

Alicia I would love to do a movie session soon too. Hoyts and Village don't have mum and bub sessions til school hols are over so we might have to trek to Vic Gardens? I need to visit Ikea anyway - haroula are you up for it? Who are our other Melbourne Mummas?

Nic that is a cool photo - I love the idea of so many kids Funny thing is I now look at family photos and see the work invovled as well as the "romance" IYKWIM!!

Bekz I am with you on being tired, only last night it was Flynn who was up for 3 hours moaning and carrying on

Howdy to everyone else

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast