Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #4

Gosh chatty bunch today
    Lets see if I can catch up

QM: Welcome and of course we don't mind, the more the merrier.. I was scared taking my kids out the first time too. I noticed especially with Olivia cus she was just so small... Good Luck and I hope you enjoy it

Suse: Laugh away we still do.. Its a very amusing poo story.. I even have another from my 2nd bub lol.. I decided to take an outing for the first time with just the 2 boys and myself. Isaac was just shy of 3 weeks.. We walked to the beach and I sat down with Ethan picked isaac up out of the pram and splurtttttttttttttttt out it came... All over him.. and what i had NOt done.. not checked the wipes packet, there was only ONE wipe left and forgotten to put a spare outfit in.. I cleaned him as best I could wrapped him in his blanket and walked home feeling like a right idiot.. LOL

And hi to everyone else.. sleepy vibes for all

Last edited by aussienic; January 17th, 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Arrived here safely after a long long drive. The weather was cool so was good for the girls, they slept most of the way, don't know how they are going to go tonight though.

Dad is fine, but I have made sure he is drinking properly.

Good to hear yoiu are safe and sound Hope the girls sleep well for you

Glad your dad is ok Kitten.

My scary poo story - Flynn was about 4 months old and I was sitting at the computer with him on my lap working from home feeling like a real in-control modern career woman. I was typing away and I heard this "drip, drip, drip". He pooed out the side of his nappy and the drip was the sound of the poo running off my jeans leg onto the floor. By the time I noticed it we were both drenched in poo LOL!!

LOL Rory, who says you can't be a modern, in-control career woman AND covered in poo. Now that's multitasking...

Hey girls! LOL at your poo stories. I can't think of any for us. DS was a fairly polite pooer - in that he pooed in most of his nappies, so we didn't have many big blowouts (plus I found the cloth nappies contained it much better too). But DD is one who poos every few days.. so I'm sure she'll provide us with a story in time. I've had 2 or 3 poos go all the way up her back and staining her clothes She's about to be moved over to cloth nappies so hopefully it will stop that. I find sposies hopeless at containing anything up the back. DS used to wet all up his back in sposies.

Well, things are going along fairly well here. Kayla is still a bit windy, but we had a good couple of nights of sleep which perked me up no end (still waking for feeds of course, but good blocks of sleep) I even had the energy to finally clean up the office! DH was stunned when he got home LOL. (the office is our dumping ground and the room that has the door shut when visitors come).

She seems to be growing so much.. she's so long! I rang the chemist just now to see when the nurse would be in, but she's on holidays, so it won't be until at least next tuesday that I get her weighed and measured. I spose I could stand on the scales here to get an idea

And she's really woken up this week. We've had lovely play times inbetween feeds, and Tallon is still loving her.. goes and randomly gives her kisses and cuddles. He loved it when I got Kayla to do the actions to some songs too LOL. Still only getting very occassional smiles.. so we're working on that. She gets her tummy time on me.. lying back with her on my chest.. and omg.. she's so strong LOL. She pulls herself pretty much upright and looks around.. so cute. She almost smiles when she's doing that, its like she's having a great time swaying around on mummy. hehe.

Louise - hope your dad recuperates well. I'm sure he will with you up there keeping an eye on him! Glad the kids cooperated for the long drive up there. The longest we've done is 1 1/2 hrs. Which is fine if they sleep hehe.

Take care everyone.

After an unsettled day yesterday Liam slept really well, he slept really well, he was in bed just before 9 (and I was not long after) and he woke for his feed at 2, was fed burped and back in bed by 2:40 then slept till 6, so a great night for him. The bummer was Tori woke up about 3:30 and didnt go back to sleep, DH finally got up with her just before 5 and I dozed until Liam woke at 6, then we swapped and DH went back to bed and I fed Liam and watched Tori. So I have basically been awake since 2 am yawn.......

The good thing is my mum is having Tori today so I can catch up on some sleep and run a few errands that are just too difficult when you have to load and unload 2 small kids out of the car. I am also going to go and pick up the baby hammock that we hired and see if that help settle Liam for his day sleeps.

Anyway I am back off to bed to catch up on some MUCH needed sleep.

Kristielee Guest

Hello again everyone

Geez Hope Im able to catch up with all the talk one day but at moment.. Wow I dont think its possible! Hope everyone is well just read quickly your posts so unsure of what to reply to so sorry for selfish post.

I feel heaps better today Yayee my little girl finally slept in her bed after her night feed! instead of keeping me up with feeds and nappies and unsettled-ness, So I am a happy girl Health nurse told me to wake her during the day every 3hrs for a feed then at night when she wakes which was 4hrly roughly and I put relaxtion cd on and the fisher price light and waves sound thing on cot and she slept ace! Nurse said she has put on 105grams in 3days GOODGIRL So no problems with milk there and my boobs are more regulated too so not as sore and full!

Ok well hope to catch up on all these posts tomorrow and have an actual active conversation! Haha
    bbl Kristie

morning ladies..

suse - sounds very familiar!! can't wait until Chrissie sleeps from 11.30-7!!! WOW!

Dayl - yeah, i agree it's wind.. i mentioned it to the MCHN and she said that they don't recommend anything for bubs under 4 weeks! But if it continues i'll get her some next week!

kitten
    - glad your dad is OK!

rory/nic - love the poo stories! hehe

liz - things sound like they are going great guns at your place!!

Ali - that was a GREAT night!! Chrissie does... 11:30 feed... asleep by 12:30, 2:30 feed asleep by 3:30, 5:30 feed asleep by 6:30!! she's done this the last few nights and it's really exhausting!! Hope you get lots of rest and get to do all on your TO DO list!

kristie
    - glad things are going well for you!! hope it keeps up!! Sometimes i find it hard to keep up too, but am getting better at it! LOL

Ok.. Can i just say.... at night i feel like i am CONSTANTLY FEEDING!!! When i'm not ACTUALLY feeding her, i'm dreaming about feeding her... so when she actually wakes for a feed, i think i've already fed her and she can't possibly want more food!!! It's so strange!! but it's EVERY night and it's beginning to drive me insane!!

quick update.. Olivia had her first lot of needles poor baby.. They went fine tho..

She now weighs 5.30kg and is 57.5cm in lenght...

We had to wake her to go to the Drs.. silly DH forgot about the Drs and well woke me at 8:15 and her appointment was at 8:45.. I made it only 2 mins laste but no breaky or *gasp* morning coffee...

Well little miss is grumpy cus she is tired.. oh and oooo she went to bed at 8pm and slept till 3 and was bac in bed by 3:30.. slept till 5ish but I think Jacob woke her when he came into our room then obviously up at 8:30.. but yehaw... 7 hours straight.. not for me but her so its a start

Haroula - LOL about your dreams. Tony must be having similar dreams because last night he was digging frantically at my arms and shoulders and when I asked him what he was doing he said said he couldnt pick Fraser up! I told him that Fraser wasnt there and that he was in his cot and he must have woken up then because he then sounded all sheepish and said "Oh, I didnt know what I was doing".

Ali - I hope you have a good sleep and are sleeping soundly. Sometimes I look at Fraser sleeping and think how lovely it would be to be able to sleep so soundly without a care in the world.

Aussienic - I am dreading the immunisations! I was beside myself when Fraser had to have his heel blood test in hospital. He hated it and just screamed and screamed. I guess it is all for the best though (if only they knew that).

We are having another good day today. Looking forward to the weekend. Tony said today that he will do all the feeds tonight and Saturday night to give me a break so yet another reason to look forward to the weekend!!! Yay, two lots of uninterrupted 8 hour sleeps!!!!

Hi everyone,

Back in the last thread someone mentioned there bubs on IF and throwing up? not sure who that was, but is anyone else noticing anything different.

Ash is doing fantastic on it but i dont know if hes over feeding atm or its the IF but he vomits alot more now. Im gonna try not to feed him too much, even tho he LOVES his boobies but i need to know which is making him do it.

hope everyone has a lovely day, sounds like we have some good bubbas atm

Hi Everyone,

Just thought i'd pop in and introduce myself and our little man. My name is April and our DS 'Bodie' was born on Thursday 27th December at 10:45pm weighing 7pound15.
    He was born 3 weeks early, he's practically still supposed to be in my belly! His due date was 20th January.
    We had a pretty traumatic birth, he got stuck at the shoulder so I had the doctor on the bed pulling him out with her bare hands which left me with a large tear. Bodie was blue and wasn't breathing when he came out so was rushed to special care nursery where he stayed for a week. During that time he was Jaundice so he was under the special lights for 2 days. When we finally got him home it was such a relief. He is going great now, he's being bottle fed but has had constipation. Does anyone have a remedy on how to get rid of constipation? My midwife told me sugar & water, but anything else?

Will be popping in here and the January babies thread as I was in the bellybuddies Jan 15th-31st thread, so look forward to hearing from you.

lol haroula on the constant feeding /dream / reality who knows? that used to happen to me when i worked too much, or studied too much, i'd wake up and continue what i'd been doing all night in my sleep - it was nightmarish.

i don't know how you all keep track of how often u feed. i'm so disoriented i wake up and have no idea when i last fed mylo, from what side, or where i am (sometimes). i know i've messed up if my nipples are bruised and acheing, or if one side is about to explode and the other is soft :this happens during the day too, my brain's turned to jelly. i realised i paid my internet bill 3 times, when its already set up to direct debit. the customer service guy suggested i tattoo on my arm "dont pay internet bill" as i'm sure to forget again by next month.

olly has a cold and a fever (you'd think they'd cancel each other out but NO) so i'm trying to be extra there for him. DH gave me the biggest cuddle in the world this morning and i realised how much i needed someone to care for me - it's hard work being a milk machine on double mum duties and keep everyone fed (to hell with the housework) - how do you do it, you girls with more than 2? my friend with 3 mth old twins and a 1.5 y.o is always a week or 2 delayed in responding to a call or sms, no matter how big or casual the event, i understand how that could happen, and figure she's doing well to remember at all. poor love, her DH is hard work too.

roryrory - thanks on the photo, i'm lucky olly is such a kind and gentle kid. he includes Mylo in everything from kisses goodnight to checking in during the day and he's never tried to hurt him, or acted badly to get attention, so i guess i'm really lucky! he even gets upset when he sees his skin peel, i think he thinks it hurts. yes Mylo is STILL peeling!

glad things are coming togewther for u kristie - the music to sleep seems like a good idea. gotta be better than my loud cries to PLEASE GO TO SLEEP that just wakes up olly and dh and probly the neighbours too. as 4 my airborn worm manouver - only to be used on special occassions.

aussienic- you're drinking coffee -ME TOO! i missed it so much during pgcy but couldn't stand even the smell. now in the middle of the shopping i abandon the trolley, find a cafe and give mylo a booby, the customers a eyefull, and have myself a soylatte. everyone's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by xtml View Post
    aussienic- you're drinking coffee -ME TOO! i missed it so much during pgcy but couldn't stand even the smell. now in the middle of the shopping i abandon the trolley, find a cafe and give mylo a booby, the customers a eyefull, and have myself a soylatte. everyone's happy.
    Good on ya I so know how you feel.. I HAVE to have my instant in the morning then I have 1 or 2 proper coffees during the day I so could not do without my coffee machine... ah bliss.. going to send hubby to make one now me thinks

My brain is not working enough today to reply to everyone but you all sound good...

Lauren: how often are you giving the IF? I found Olivia went through a stage of throwing up but wasn't related to the If was just a possible change in my milk or just her who knows

oh and Olivia Projectile vomited earlier but seemed fine so I don't think it was related to her needles and is sleeping very happily now scrap that as I hit post she woke up crying.. dunno why tho... hmmm.. I such a worrywart

oh and Welcome Apes..... Congrats on the birth of your son....

and of course you are more then welcome here..

~Belinda~ Guest

Hey Girls!

Sorry it's taken me a few days to come back in and say HI! I've just been so pre-occupied with staring at my little girl, I can't get enough of her! She is far too beautiful.

Everything going well here, am expressing which is working out great and making more milk now, not really enough to keep up with her gutso feeds though so she has one or two formula feeds in the 24 hour period. She is sleeping really well and is such a happy little Bubba!

It's great because my DP has been doing the early morning feed around 1am and I do the 4/5am one so I'm sleeping pretty well. I'm not even feeling too tired. Have no idea what baby blues is yet...the midwives in hossy were telling me "you'll probably get the blues/teary today!" but I didn't and frankly, it was annoying they put it into my head!

Still in PJ's can you believe...must get out of them now whilst Maddie is sleeping soundly, before she wakes for another feed!

Well I hope you are all going well and happy with your Bubs. They are so cute aren't they! I can't believe Madeleine is growing like she is, she's getting chubbier and she's starting to look at me already!

Love Bindy xxoo

nic - i was giving 10drops in the morning and at night, yesterday i gave bit at lunch to get us thru the arvo with my group catch up. And he seems to let farts go alot eaiser with that amount. I didnt realise milk changes even now.. what happens to it?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast