Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #4

nic - WOW Olivia is doing great!!! that's awesome!

dayl - lucky you on your sleep! enjoy!!!

Lauren
    - hope you work out what's bothering your little man!

April
    - Welcome!! So happy to hear you are both doing well now!! I've heard sugar & water too, but my mum also boils prunes and puts the juice in with the milk for my niece and it works a treat!!

Lara
    - yeah well that's what i feel like... like all i am doing is flopping out the boob! I must be honest, i don't think i'm getting the satisfaction from breast feeding that i thought i would.. and if it wasn't so convenient and good for her i don't think i'd be doing it much longer...! AS for remembering feeds etc.... if i think i'll forget, i actually write it down!

Bindy
    - glad you are doing well!! isn't it just precious when they look at you!! i love it! My little one has dimples...(like her mum) so it's so cute when she smiles!!!

why ohhhh why is chrissie not sleeping!! She has not slept since 1:30pm..!! if i hold her a bit or give her boob she falls asleep, but as soon as i put her down she's wide awake!!!! arg! what am i going to do with her!?!?!

I think your milk can change depending on your hormones ect.. maybe not so much change but have an altered taste,,,

when you get AF sometimes your baby will know and not seem to enjoy the milk as much.. I know for me when my pp bleeding started sort ofcoming back at 4 weeks olivia started doing little vomits..

A question... Olivia got her needles ok today but about 3 hours after she did 3 big projectile vomits then seemed happy had a feed and went to sleep.. at midday she woke screaming and screaming.. her body was rigid simon ended up going out to get infant panadol and we gave her some and she went back to sleep but not long wole again screaming but is asleep on me.. Could this be related to the needles or the rotavius vacciince which was a liquid.. She is in pain as you cn tell by her cry
    oh and she keeps fartuing like you wouldn't believe

Haroula: Chrissy is just having a nice long awake time

Might be the vaccine. I think Kayla did a bit of a chuck afterwards.. and I remember wondering if she just puked it all up hehe. Hope she's ok! Might just be having a spewy day and it happens to be when she had her needles. It's easy to worry. Was she upset by the needles? I figured Kayla might have chucked because she got pretty distressed.. not for long tho.. but I figured it was something else different that might throw things out of whack.

Ohhh the needles - I've got to get those next week and I'm dreading it. I think I'll wait till Friday when DP is off work, might go a little easier!

Haroula - Euan has days like that too - I despair of ever getting to put him down for more than a minute and he just won't sleep.

Re: the odd things we do when half asleep - I wake up panicking that Euan has fallen out of our bed (he sleeps in his cot, not with us), look over, see DP and think that he is Euan and try to pick him up and put him back in the cot. DP is nearly 6 foot BTW... Oh dear.

Well, as you ladies all recommend it so much, I'm off for a bottle of Infant's Friend...

TTFN

does anyone know if it's ok to start doing exercises on tummy muscles already, or are we supposed to wait? i had some separation of the muscles down the middle of my belly (the big ridge sticking up whenever i engaged them) and i'm dying to try out some moves on my gym ball. but not if it makes it worse. all the physio said was swimmng and biking were ok, no running for a year. pilates and yoga are fine, but what about sit ups? dayl maybe you know....

I was given info on mild exercises to do at hospital, but I dunno about when you've had separation of the muscles (I don't even know if I had that LOL). Perhaps just do the pilates.. that's all based around the core muscles there anyway, and work up to doing situps and things later.

I've been so busy, I just haven't had time to get on here. Though saying that, I've had a very lazy day laying on the couch flicking between the cricket and tennis.

Kai has slept all day. He woke at 12.30 and 4.30 for feeds, had a quick feed, changed him and tried to get him to play, but he just wants to sleep. i think its the heat. I hope this doesn't mean he won't sleep tonight.

Sorry for the selfish post. I'm heading out for dinner now.

Well I am very norty and didnt get to have a sleep today, but I did get out of the house and have some me time. I treated myself to lunch and a milkshake at a cafe and read a magazine and Liam slept the whole time.....it was BLISS. ANd Tori had a good time with my mum, and she didnt get upset like I was worried about because we have been going through some seperation anxiety, however she only asked for me a couple of times and Mum just told her she would see me later.

I picked up the baby hammock this arvo and Liam is having his first sleep in it, he looks so snug and went to sleep really easily, so we will see how it goes.

Haroula- I had a day like that with Liam yesterday, but it lasted from 8:30- 3:30, I would get him to sleep and put him down and he would wake p all over again, Hence the reason for trying the Hammock as I just cant spend all day rocking him when I have Tori to think about as well. I also agree with you with the BF I dont love it, but it is easy, good for babies and inexpensive which is why I will perserver until I go back to work.

xtml: I thought it was 6 weeks for a natural delivery and 8 for a c/s till you could do tummy exercises...

suse: way to funny!!!

Bron: Have a great dinner

Ali: I am glad ou had a relaxing time out.. Its so nice to have some down time isn't it.. hope the hammock gives you more sleep at night..

I rang child health and was told Olivia is having an "expected" reaction to thr rotavirus vaccine.. her tummy may be upset for several days or she could wake up and be perfectly fine.. So far she has been asleep since 3:30 and sleeping deeply .. It is 5:30 here now.. Jacob is also asleep He fell asleep on the other couch at 3 and we are still trying to wake him... loooong night ahead for us..

We are off to a place called Agnes Waters for the day tomorrow looking forward to a day away

Bugger I have missed heaps in 2 days, I can't keep up what with the group double the size now!

We had a nice day here. I actually went out without a 'minder'!!! DH dropped me and Olivia at Lygon street where I had lunch with some friends, then he picked me up to go home. Sounds pathetic that I needed dropping off and picking up but I don't care it was just so nice to feel normal again for a couple of hours and show off Olivia! She was so good while we were out. The restaurant was really loud and bustling but she just slept through most of it.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and discussed how the pain in my wound has been getting worse lately. He says it is a good sign, it is all the nerves growing back. Who knew growing nerves was so fricking painful! But now I have some of the 'good stuff' to take if in too much pain. The funny thing is I took one just before our last MCHN and the nurse was talking to me and all I could think the whole time was 'must concentrate, must concentrate' as the medication totally takes the edge off the world.

DH is being a bit of a ****er tonight. The internet is playing up and so is the desktop computer (I'm on the laptop) so it is like it is the end of the world for him.

Nic - I hope Olivia is ok. It must be a shock to their little systems getting all those needles.

Sorry for my selfishness today. Will try harder to keep up tomorrow.

quick one from me

Nic I don't like the sound of the side effects of the roatavirus vac - I didn't give it to Flynn (didn't know it was available) and by the sounds of that I might not give it to Ollie - ouch!!

Alicia are u on petahdine? I LOVE that stuff! I am always super keen to have a general anaesthetic for ops cause I love the feeling afterwards. Hope your DH lets u use the PC more

Rory - It's Endone, a morphine type drug. Makes the whole world a nice, warm and fuzzy place :-)

Just worked out how to make an album in my gallery (I'm a little slow I know). So I have started putting in some pics of Olivia. I just added the one of her reading a book and the pic of her 'serious face', which is the look she has on most of the time!

Alicia: I bet it was nice to get out and feel normal Olivia is doing ok.. Seems much more settled tonight thankfully..

Rory: I don't know how new the vacc is but it is pretty new.. I wasn't sure if I was going to get it or not but I looked up a few things on the net yesterday and asked the Dr today and she said they had had no complaints and rotavirus itself was worse to get compared to the possible discomfort from the vacc. Ethan had RV when he was 10 months and it was just mild but it can be serious requiring hospitalization or sadly even death.. so I figure a few days of discomfort is better then me feeling guilty if anything was to happen kwim??

Mmmmm.... endone......

Nic I know what you mean about pain of vac vs. pain of illness We had Flynnie fully vaccinated without thinking twice but he never had any adverse reactions, so I have never had to deal with probs from vacs before IYKWIM? But I guess Ollie could react to any of them and I shouldn't just assume they will both be the same. I think I will do a bit of research and probably will have it done

I have always just had the kids vacced then they brought in all these news ones.. meningitis, chicken pox and now rotavirus. We just follow th immunization schedule and had a talk about the CP one when it came to Jacob getting it and decided that seeing as we had a child in school he had more exposure to it so went ahead and thats the reason we decided to go ahead with the RV one..

She had a good night slept 8:20 till 1 but then I made the mistake of just taking her to bed with me so I didn't sleep well.. Olivia is still sleeping soundly yet the rest of us are up because we are meeting people at 8.. This little girl (me) is going back to sleep as soon as we drive outt he drive

Have a great day everyone!!!

alicia- my friend had a c/s in Jakarta and the wound is still numb 3 months later! they pulled her skin out so far they gave her new stretch marks! so if you're feeling pain, it sounds better for healing than still numb. next step in the healing i reckon will be itchy (if tattoos and brandings are anything to go by). wow those meds sound hardcore... would u prefer to stay sharp... maybe half doses would work?

haha rory on loving the peth, thats funny youre keen to have operations! i like blood tests.

everyone - post whatever you want to post, no need to apologise or feel selfish if no names are mentioned, its all personal and all good!

reading about lunch in lygon st made me want to do something adult and normal too. i have this fantasy that when i come to melb for a wk in march i'll be able to get out to brunswick st and do lunch w my gfs. or meet some of the bb gals and do a babymovie. but with a 2y.o and 4 wk old, it might be impossible.

mylo has got olly's cold, por bub is snotty and sniffling. and olly is fevery and unhappy.

I was in two minds about the chicken pox one, figuring it's something that everyone gets, and if you're gonna get it, better to have it as a kid. But I ended up getting DS vax'd for it, and I'm glad coz my neice & nephew recently had chickenpox (they're not vax'd) and my nephew had it really bad.. had it under his eyelids, they ended up taking him to hospital and the drs were worried it would go onto his lungs. So it can be a really horrible thing to have, it's not just an itchy rash! And I've heard of horrible places that little girls can get it too.. eeek! I had it when I was 15, and thankfully the rash only came out on my body, arms and in my hair, not in any of my crevices! So if the vac can reduce the severity of the virus if they still do get it.. I'm all for it! hehe.

ETA: gosh - I just read Sarah_H's thread about her nephew being born at 33+3wks and being 1.9kg. Kayla was offically 33+5wks and was 3.5kg! I'm actually starting to feel scared about having another bub Sorry, decided to say it to you girls, as it wouldn't be appropriate in that thread LOL.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast