Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #5

thanks for doing up the list, who was is..snazzy? sorry - brain like playdoh today. maybe i can give everyone the wrong names today so u dont feel picked on. So everyone else will be refered to as Bob.

i just discovered an exercise plan for those with toddlers too - dancing to the wiggles! i've got Mylo under my arm, hanging off the boob, Olly looking on unimpressed, and i'm doing the twist and singing along badly.

xtml - it is me doing it. LOL its ok ill give u that one, i have plenty moments of lack of sleep brain action hehe

Rory, where abouts is highpoint, i know of it but not where it is. - oh bugga i cant do tuesday 29th, got my post natal apt at the hospital at 330

Trish, Ash is doing great. got mothers group today so im soo nervous. i seriously gotta learn to relax about going out! he slept thru last weeks meetup lol

Is anyone else serioulsy nervous about taking bubs out? i hate it wen i cant feed him if he starts crying! I think im still scared from mondays outing to spotlight! i had never had so many people starring at me!! Like i didnt feel bad enough with him crying i needed all that! and one women came up to me and said 'oh isnt that such a sad cry" - gees hence why i was bolting out of the shop to get away!!

Morning All,

We had a really good night last night, both my babies were in bed by 9pm, I actually got to spend more than 2 secs give DH a cuddle on the couch and I had 5 straight hours of sleep before Liam woke for his first feed, and Tori slept till 6:45 ..............ahhh bliss!

Rory- Poor Flynn, maybe he is going through a growth spurt. Tori has been really unsettled for the last week and I am sure that she has just had a huge growth spurt, Ill cross my fingers tonight is a better night for you.

Lauren- I am not so nervous about taking Liam out this time, it is taking both my 2 out together on my own that worries me. However, I have already armed myself with a response for nosey onlookers, and I am not going to be afraid to tell people to buzz off and leave me alone this time.

Lara- I am having a few minor issues with Tori but she is getting better, I just make sure I spend time doing stuff with her the minute Liam goes to sleep. I have also started preparing her lunch and snacks when Liam goes down for his first sleep, and keeping them in a lunch box in the fridge for quick access. I am off to the $2 shop today to buy some special toys to use when we are having some 1 on 1 time.

Bindy- Great to hear you had a good nights sleep. If Madeleine likes sleeping or sitting in her bouncer then I say go with it. Like I said before I am all for the saying "whatever works for you". Liam sleeps in his Hammock during the day and his bassinette at night time.

Anna- Woohoo on being showered and fed by 9:30 that rocks. Good luck with the expressing, I hope the electric pumps works for you.

Nic- I realised the same thing about Liam, and if I miss getting him down for the first sleep of the day then the rest of the day goes to [email protected] and I pretty much can't get him to settle all day.

So Trish are you looking forward to school going back? Liam is also a farter and a Grunter, it usually starts between 4-5 and carries on till about 7ish. DH usually gets up with him and just sits with him on the couch at about 6 so I can grab a little more shut eye. I think I am going to have to move him into his own room soon so I can get some sleep.

Haroula- I hope you manage to get all your jobs done today. As for washing we do 1 load of nappies a day and probably the equivalent to 1 load of clothes, sometimes 2 loads of clothes a day. My DH is pretty good at doing the washing and hanging it out, and shock horror he has even been helping me with the ironing latley. Good luck getting some rest today, I have given up napping in the day because every time I lay down one of the kids stirs, and if I have a nap after about 2pm I cant sleep at night.

Does anyone else have trouble getting back to sleep after they have done a feed? Some nights I just lay there listening to DH and Liam sleeping and thinking how unfair it is.

Anyway I had better go and get on with some jobs, Liam is sleeping and Tori is spending the day with mum (which she loves) and then I am meeting a friend for lunch. I hope everyone had a great nights sleep and is having a nice calm day today.

~Belinda~ Guest

Lara, sounds fun dancing along to the Wiggles! Poor Olly, I hope he gets better soon.

Ali, whatever works I agree!! She loves sleeping in her bouncer through the day! She's being going down in her bassinette at night now too which is good, she's such a mummy and daddy's girl! Loves hugs.

Buzzie, yeah I'm seriously nervous about going out with Bub. Our first outing is tomorrow actually as a family. We'll be heading to the clinic to get Madeleine weighed, I am so interested to see how much weight she's put on.

She is soundly sleeping now...and my DP has gone to Coles to grab me some groceries (bless him!) - is grabbing me some hair dye too as it's on special...my hair is in desperate need of some attention!!!!

Hope you are all having a good day.
    Last edited by ~Belinda~; January 23rd, 2008 at 11:51 AM.

On a completely non bellybelly related topic,.. did everyone hear about Heath Ledger! They found him Dead today! Im sooo sad! I really liked him, and he was such a hottie too! I had to share that... it made my morning sad, and he has a baby girl too

xtml: I did that the other day but was to my music .. but I was dancing with Jacob.. I was worn out. Hes a heavy bugger

Lauren: at "and one women came up to me and said 'oh isnt that such a sad cry" People just do that.. They don't mean it in a negative way to you.. Just the other day when I ad my little adventure with the kids on my own. Olivia started crying and jacob got cranky and the pram wheel fell off and this woman said..Having fun mum.. I felt like slapping her I used ot get worried when people would look when the baby would cry but now I can't help it babies cry

Ali: I used to have trouble going back to sleep with my other kids but with Olivia I fall asleep straight away. Although lately she as been waking when a good show is on tv and I want to stay up and watch it

Bindy: I so need a hair cut.. Maybe a nice dye would make me feel good too

Olivia is on her 3rd sleep .. woops eyes open.. jacob screaming did that im sure... She is so happy today.. I am not feeding her every time she cries. Se has had 4 good feeds since 5:30 so I am sure she isn't going to starve.. Whe she cries I change her lay her down rub her tummy or try other things and if she just gets to upset I feed her...

grr Ethan has a friend over and he keeps hogging Ethans Xbox.. Driving me nuts.. and Isaac won't leave them alone and Jacob is throwing toys around the house.. grr.. kids!! DH is asleep after night shift...

Yes Lauren.. It is all that is on the news.. yes it is sad but do they have to keep showing us his body and speculating on drug overdoses.. Annoying!! let his family grieve in peace I say

Woo we rock, groceries are done with no drama's other than my hungry hippo of a 16mth old trying to eat a frozen roast chicken I cant believe I managed a toddler, newborn and a very full trolley. I feel very proud now hehehehe All I need now is said toddler to finish his 'sammich' and go down for a nap that he desperately needs. The baby is asleep in his capsule but not for much longer Im betting so Im hoping he holds out long enough for me to put Jett down so I can sit and feed him while I read my magazines.

Ive even got dinner planned already, even though its only a pasta casserole out of a packet.........

BBL, toddler is trying bungee jump out of the highchair. Jett Houdini he is!

Hi all, pages & pages to catch up on!!

Well, after my rant about Infants Friend we've had more issues around here, like a crying Mum & bub at 2am & a lovely DP trying his best to comfort both before having to get up for work at 4.30am, but last night was alright & today has been good so far (touch wood) so I am not going to dwell...!!

Teena/XTML
    - I hear you on the "easy suit" - BAH!! I have a couple in 0000 & 000 & I'll be damned if I could even get Scally half into one!! They are scrunched up under the change table or somewhere lol.

Ali - JEALOUS OF YOUR SLEEP! That's all I have to say lol! Oh, except for the getting back to sleep after a feed thing, I don't have trouble with that, but Scally has her loooong sleep from 6pm to 10 or 11pm & no matter how I try, I cannot sleep then.... *sobs*

Haroula - Yay on Chrissie growing... that's always a good sign lol, but you are making me feel like Miss Scarlett is the incredible Hulk or something, she is already 4.28kgs & 57cm!! Guess what... We are moving to Melbourne!!! YIKES!! I am soooooooo scared of moving interstate with a newborn.... eep, eep, eep I tells ya, but hopefully Scarlett will be able to have the occasional play date with Chrissie & Matthew?! DP starts his new job in Toorak in 6 weeks... lots to do before then!!

Buzzie, my name for your list is Victoria. ...and yes, I am terrifed of leaving the house with Scarlett!! After the Doctor she was crying & I said to DP that I needed to feed her & he was like "Here?! Are you one of THOSE women?!" WTF??? You should have seen the look I gave him. Lucky for him our bus arrived & we made it home quick smart, but still... what did he want me to do starve her?? As for going out alone, yesterday I was thinking, 'I'll take her for a walk to the park tomorrow' ...today I am thinking 'she is asleep & I need to get things done' lol. Hopefully I'll get braver... is braver a word?!

Bindy - Well, don't have much to say, but I wanted to give you a personal so you felt better about not having our Belly Buddies group anymore hon!!

Trish
    - I agree with you on BB being your Mother's Group... how do people manage to even make it there lol??!! I find if there is anything I want to know or talk about there is always someone (or several someone's lol) here for me. Love it. Although, I might think about an actual Mother's Group once we've moved to Melbourne... would be good I guess to meet some new people in a new city... we'll see how brave I am.

I did hear about Heath Ledger early this morning, I have the radio on when I feed Scally so it was breaking news early this morning... so sad!! He was only 2 years older than me, & his poor little girl Matilda... I feel for his family.

Hi ladies...

Have just got back and had lunch.. all jobs done... now i have to make a cake and vacuum and i'm finished for the day!!

Better go get cake happening while Chrissie is sleeping..!!

Highpoint is near Footscray.. I like only 5min from Highpoint by car..! I'm happy to meet up whenever you ladies can... just let me know so i can check the calender for any events!

I'm happy to come down one day to meet up Lara,.. i'll visit my mum too and that works out well! We'll try and get Kristie, Carrie and Lisa organised too! And anyone else who's in Melbourne who wants to join us?!!!

Bindy - don't be nervous... it gets easier.. i can get out the door in 10min now with Chrissie...!!

Ali
    - lucky you with DH doing washing!!! fabo!! ..as for sleep or lack of, i only have had that issue once so far..!

Anna - i give almost half the feeds from a bottle.. she burps better after and i find she doesn't get as windy..strange i know... but true! She gets boob all night and if we are out! and bottle other times.. i have a manual one, but wish i had an electric..apparently are much better at getting the milk out!

QM - WOOHOOO yeah another one to meet up with!!! yeah!!!!!!! It'll be fine!! and if you need anything you just ask me!! Do you know at all were you will be staying?? WOW that's great weight gain for Scarlett! Are you guys tall??? that would explain her "size"... DH is the tallest at 172cm.. so not tall at all! and you feed your daughter...just pop a blankie over the top and nobody can see anything anyway!! gee!!

AND I KNOW... what's that with Heath Ledger!!!!????!!?? i agree.. leave it alone!
    Last edited by Harri; January 23rd, 2008 at 12:31 PM.

Anna - Wow, I'm proud of you!! Not only do you have 2 angels to deal with, but you've done the shopping AND have dinner planned?!! Lately I wait for DP to get home then ask him "What are you making me for dinner??" lol

Wish I could join in on the Melb meetup, sucks being stuck in the freakin country. Cant wait to get to Sydney (or Brisbane hopefully). That said I will be in Melb over the March long weekend somewhere in the city as the inlaws are coming over from Perth for 4 weeks so we're site seeing and taking Jett to Werribee Zoo.

I'll let you know how my elec pump goes H. If its good you could think of getting one. Its something youll use again AND they resell for a decent price on Ebay.

Haha QM, dont worry we've done our fair share of living on cheese toasties or take away in the past year. Unfortunately my Dh doesnt cook (hmmm maybe that should be WONT, heck he doesnt do much of anything grrrr) and if he did it would be nacho's which I cant eat as he makes it too spicy and I dont particularly want to aggravate my already cranky baby with spicy breastmilk lol Everytime we have an important occasion that involves present giving I tell him "Id love to have dinner cooked FOR me for once, one day, even if its just spaghetti bolognaise or a frozen lasagne or bbq or something" and yet he still whinges about not knowing what to get me *sigh*

A little tip for those scared of taking bubs out, seriously it isnt as bad as it seems. The day I got out of hospy with my first (day 3) I went out for coffee with my girlfriends. With this bub the day after he was born we left hospy and did some groceries. I believe its the key to having kids who are generally good while out and about. Obviously mine have their moments but Jett is ace at sleeping in his pram, and usually behaving in public. We've clocked up some k's, the kid and I lol Just give it a go, a little trip here and there and slowly build up. It'll keep you sane too, sometimes strolling round the shops window shopping is relaxing after a morning of fussiness and being stuck inside 4 walls.
    Last edited by Freya; January 23rd, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

Anna - that would be good!! let me know how it is and what brand you have.. may invest in one!

ohhh darn baby crying.... cake will have to wait.......

Nic and Xtml - I dance to the wiggles - the Dorothy dance is REALLY hard!

Buzzie and others - how about Jan 31st (Thursday?) instead of 29th?

Bindy I had a good night too aside from Flynn waking for about 2 hours, but he slept in (as did Ollie) so it evened itself out.

Anna how did you handle the 2 kids and a trolley? Did you get a trolley with 2 kid seats or put the older one inside the trolley? I am still working on logistics here

QM that is ace you are moving to Melbourne - more meet up buddies!

Haroula must be baking day - I made banana bread, 3 different muffins (Flynn calls them "MUFF!!" LOL) and choc chip cookies (with chickpeas in them!)

~Belinda~ Guest

Firstly, I can't believe Heath Ledger is dead! What a tragedy...

Aussienic, the Garnier Nutrisse hair dye is on special ATM at Coles, only $10.99, save $3.50! DP bought me two boxes so that will last a while! Nothing like a nice new colour to make you feel better!

Roryrory, glad Flynn had a sleep in!

Jett sat in the trolley and I carried Ripley in the baby bjorn on my front. The trolleys with the baby seats or two seats are rare here so I couldnt be stuffed searching for one. Jett loves sitting in the seat part of the trolley and 'helping' me load it up. Ripley was actually the most quiet he's been while I had him in the carrier. I must have looked a sight though as people kept staring lol

~Belinda~ Guest

Oh Anna, I love our Baby Bjorn!!

soooooo Tired here this afternoon.. I haven't done much which is probably why.. *yawn*
    Pretty much just sat around chatting with Olivia She has been so happy today and it was just nice not to have to deal wit screaming and to get smiles..

thanks for the heads up on the dye Bindy.. Will chck it out tomorrow when we go to the shops

Haroula: did you get to make your cake?

I migt make some muffins later

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast