Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #9

nic - i would go back to the Drs..! My SIL had it while PG and now she still has it.. she needs to now have an operation on it... if you leave it too long, you'll loose feeling and you wont be able to get it back! My FIL has same issue, he left it and now one of his hands is so bad that he doesn't feel anything anymore, while the other one aches... he can't lift or hold anything with a little weight to it anymore! I don't mean to scare you , but you should get it checked out ASAP!

xx

Thats what I thought but I was hoping someone had a magic cure they used My friend just had an operation on his wrist on Friday for the same thing and keeps telling me to get it checked out..

Thanks and no it didn't scare me as I already knew what can happen.

Ahhhh if I keep losing hair like this for 6 months I will be bald!!!

Don't tell me about sales Haroula - I am a recovering shopaholic Well I say recovering but really have just shifted my focus to baby stuff!

Hope the hands aren't too unbearable Nic.

Pretty good afternoon/night here. When I got home from the shops Olivia had a great afternoon nap and then last night she slept from 10-6 again. I don't want to jinx myself but this seems to be her regular thing (no not using the R word) which is quiet ok with me

Have any bubs started to roll? Olivia rocks when on her tummy but doesn't seem ready to go over yet.

you won't go bald I promise it shouldn't even go thinner. you re just "shedding" all that gorgeous hair that grew when you were pregnant..

Olivia can roll onto her side and she can twist herself so much she moves across the floor lol.. I think Ethan and Isaac were 6 months before they rolled. Jacob was 12 months heck he walked before he could roll properly

i want a new baby swing **pout** I bet Olivia would just love it. Dh agrees but I bet he wouldn't want to spend the money

I am bored today. Dh has gone bike riding, Olivia is asleep and the boys are watching tv.. house is clean thanks to our marathon effort yesterday and well I have nothing to do. spose I could make a cake... yes thats what I will do

Oooh send a cake this way please Nic. DH's aunt and uncle are visiting from Perth on Thurs so I was going to go to the supermarket today and make something nice this afternoon (very busy tomorrow) but it is just too hot to bother going out.

hmm cake...

i always have stuff in the cupboard to make cake in an emergency!

i will make a passion fruit (we have a tree) one again this week, when the weather cools down..!

We've got MCHN tomorrow! 8 weeks!! so we'll see how we are weight wise.. i have a feeling she's getting close to 5.5kg now!!

Then, on thursday morning i'm off to Spotlight for their sale! there's a nice quilt cover that i want! I haven't bought a new cover in AGES! YEARS actually!

Chrissie is trying to roll... she can get onto her side on the change table!! and twists her body a lot! As Rory and alicia can testify, she's a wriggler!

cake making is going on here. Sofia's christening is on Saturday so I have her fake christening cake, her 2 real 11" square cakes - one chocolate, one orange, and my niece's 2nd birthday cake to make. I will make them all on thursday, just covering the foam today and attaching the decorations (baby in a cradle).

Nic - I had the wrist/hand pain last week, it was unbearable and I could hardly pick up Sofia without being bitten by the pain.

Well the girl's are both asleep and I have both Maria's and Sofia's checkups with the paed at 1.30pm.

Hello all
    Wow the weathr has changed here been in the hight 40's for the past few days and today it has dropped significantly its only abour 14 degrees but is a way I am so not prepared for the cooler weather poor Olivia has no jumpers

Nic- Enjoy your cake if I had a decent oven I would bake more but until that happens I wont even attempt it.. Hope everyone else who is baking...hope your cake's turn out well...

Trish glad your son has turned up safe and sound, also happy your parents are taking him for the week to give you a break...Kids can be so un caring at time but we must remember its only a stage they are going through.

Nic - Best you get your wrist checked out you dont want it developing into the worst case seceniro

No hair loss here for me YET ....

Does anyone know where I can but decent resuble breast pads one's that will absorb a decent amount of milk esp at night time..My sister got me avent ones and they are useless with a capital U...

Cya all

hey nic, try ebay for the swing... theres heaps on there!

first off ouch my wrist is getting worse today. I just made a Drs Appointment for tomorrow afternoon..

Alicia: I made muffins they were delicious Love packet mixes

Haroula: oooo a passion fruit cake yes please.. My MIL makes a beetroot cake (yes beetroot) and omg it is to die for!!

Louise: those cakes sound delicious. I still have to sort out Olivias christening. I wanted March but it just isn't working out the date I want. Is Sofia wearing a proper gown? has it been handed down thru family? (just curious )

Teena: So glad it cooled down for you guys. I told ya I would blow cool weather your way Can't help you on the reusable breastpads. I just used the disp ones and only needed a few as they stopped leaking so much. I might wear some tonight though

Lauren: I have tried ebay but with postage to where I am they aren't much cheaper Still pretty exxy . what time does Ash have his needles? I bet he is super brave for you.. Is anyone going with you

ohh, i bought my swing but made sure is was close to my home.
    Ashs needles is at 7pm. im hoping he can get a sleep after as hes normally out for the night by 8.30 but if hes too upset i dont know how tonight will go. ill prob cry more than him lol
    Mums coming but shes not looking forward to it. it will be her first needles shes ever been to!

Nic
    - yep the passionfruit cake is to die for ! Beetroot cake..hmm i wouldn't mind trying that!!

Teena
    - Can't help re breast pads.. i use disposable ones too!

Lauren - good luck with the needles!

i'm hungry... what does everyone eat for lunch..? just curious...plus i run out of ideas!

I will get the recipe of MIL tonight when she watches the kids WHEN I GO OUT FOR DINNER KID FREE eta: almost, Taking Miss O

OMg watching Miss O on dhs lap she just discovered her toes.. wiggling them then smiling shes so darn cute...

anyways off me

haroula: I just had roast pork toasted sandwiches. some days I have vegemite or jam or a pie or nothing cus I forget i make the kid then forget to make my own

oh and can I have the passion fruit cake recipe. Will get Dh to make it He is the chef in this house. literally. He was a chef when i met him..

Aussienic - yep, I had carper tunnel when pg with DS & had to wear the support splint - have you tried this? As soon as I had him though it cleared up. Did not get it at all though with Bronte. Funny isn't it. My Mum has had two ops for it also so good idea to get it checked out again.
    I will be due to take bubs for her needles too - thanks for the reminders girls. Thankfully I don't mind the idea at all so am not too phased. DS never even used to react or if he did only for a split second so I guess that's why. My girl might be a whole different story....
    H - good to see you are still baking. Might have to do a bit myself shortly. Made a really simple bread & butter pudding the other night for dessert (first time) & it was sensational!!!!
    Teena - yep, use disposable breast pads as well - just too easy. Have you given them a go? I just use the home brand ones so they are cheap AND easy.
    Hmmmm, I haven't really lost too much hair yet either. I remember loosing heaps with DS & it was so annoying as you would find it on your pillow, in the shower - everywhere - urgh!
    Hi to all the girls I've missed - bbl.

YUP! sure can...
    do you want me to post it here or just scan and email it to you?

I made a white chocolate and pistachio cake the other day

ok girls we need a thread just for recipes.. and maybe a special way for you all to post me your cake makings

email me too Bek LOL

and so much for me losing weight hahaha

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast