Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #9

Default Babies Born December 2007 #9

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

I don't watch Grey's. Should I? LOL.

I have to keep getting up to settle Kayla. Argh she's a pain hehe. Hopefully once she's asleep she'll stay asleep!

ETA: OK.. new ticker time! I decided to put Kayla's corrected age on there too just for my own reference, coz I lose track of it LOL. I've been thinking her corrected age was only about 7 weeks.. but it's nearly 9 weeks! woops! LOL.

Don't worry Liz I always forget with Sofia as well. I was the same for Maria after a while.

Happy birthday Trish

Liz, I have a hard enough time remembering all my kids ages and birthdays let alone a corrected age too. Hope Kayla settled for you lastnight and Tallon slept all night in his own bed.

Louise, thanks hun

Noah got me up nice and early, how very kind of him. Abbey and Tehya are still asleep. Abbey went down around 9pm and still hasn't woken. You can bet your butt though the minute I jump in that shower she wakes and screams for a feed. She's bound to be starving when she wakes up.

Happy 12 weeks to Abbey

hee hee I just realised I don't need the corrected age now that I've got the ticker counting her age in weeks. If I have the time & inclination I might take her corrected age out of it later today. It was when it said 2mths 3wks it was too hard to take off 6 weeks LOL.

Well, we didn't have a wonderful night last night, Kayla woke a few times, and this morning she woke up screaming from choking on vomit poor little darlin. Don't know why she suddenly had reflux this morning (could be the laksa I had for dinner last night??).

Anyway, hope everyone's well. Trish - how you holding up under the stress of your boy? Is he behaving himself for your parents?

Hi ladies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!!!

WOW what an awesome sleep for Abbey!

well it's going to be a stinker! 34oC..and tomorrow the same!! arg! ..... go aircon!....

hope everyone else is doing well.. am waiting till Chrissie goes to sleep so i can pop in the shower.. has been a busy night.. up at 2am, up at 5am, up at 8am and up at 9am!! boy this kid can eat and POO! 4 pooy nappies in there!! 2 @ 5am and [email protected] and [email protected]!!! now i just need her to sleep for a couple hrs!... i think today is going to be one of those right off days!....

OK.. redid my ticker - again LOL. Not sure I like this photo of Kayla tho.. she looks goofy! I haven't been able to get a good smiley one yet! Mainly coz she's chatting away to me most of the time so I can't take it.. I'll get DH to take one when she's on my knee gooing at me

TRISH

Haroula - Don't forget about meeting today!

Liz - It's a cute pic of Kayla. I know what you mean about it being hard to get a photo though. Olivia sees the camera and just stares at it like a deer caught in headlights, it takes patience to wait for her to 'do stuff' again!

Well Olivia had a great nights sleep (10 - 5:30) but I didn't. For some reason I was having strange dreams and kept waking myself up (pretty much every hour on the hour). Obviously Livi and I need to learn to co-ordinate our good sleeps.

Quick question - I seem to be losing a lot of hair at the moment (not that I am going bald or anything) does anyone know if this is a hormone thing or something???
    Last edited by alicia; February 18th, 2008 at 10:38 AM.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!!! and HAPPY 12 WEEKS ABBEY!

Nothing exciting here just hating the heat! agghhhhhh

Happy Birthday Trish!!!!! and Happy 12wk to Abbey

Alicia - Hair loss is very normal, and it is hormonal. I saw this a lot with new mums when I was hairdressing.

Nic - My brother went home to Bundy until the floods subside. He only just got out in time. Still he had to drive through it all. Imagine having dirty flood water run through your car whilst you are driving...yuk
    Last edited by BekZ; February 18th, 2008 at 03:52 PM.

Happy birthday Trish! & Happy 12wks Abbey!

gosh to try and catch up for once I have to

Trish!! Hope you had a Great day and have a lovely night

Alicia: I am starting to lose my hair now. It happens after pregnancy.. just one of those wonderful things after I had Jacob the plug hole used to clog up when I washed my hair. I would have to empty it twice each time I showered..

Haroula: Can I rub in that it was less then 25 here today hope it cooled down a bit for you..

Liz: If you haven't started watching greys then you probably aren't missing much. If nothing else is on its good

Lauren: Good Luck for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you :hugs: and of Ash..

Anna: Haven't seen you in ages. how are you and the boys?

Hope I haven't missed anyone..

been busy today.. Rearranged, decluttered and cleaned our lounge DH and I were just so busy. and now he is cooking me a delicious roast pork for dinner

Well Miss O awake bbl

Thanku nic, im gonna need it

You will be fine Lauren and so will Ash. Olivia only cried for a minute and soon recovered with a cuddle, I'm sure Ash will be just as brave

Alicia and Nic - I am loosing lots of hair as well.

morning ladies!

We had a great night here! after a much sleepless afternoon.. hehehe 9:30-4:45am so that was awesome and i think she only woke up at 4:45am to do a poo and have a little drink.

She just woke up at 8am now, i thought she was hungry, but she only had 50ml..! i would have thought she would be hungry after all that sleep! she was falling asleep, so i have put her down for a nap!...

Lauren, good luck! i'm sure it'll be harder for you than for bubs!

alicia - after i left you yesterday afternoon, i fed her and then she fell asleep in the pram! ARG! so i did a spot of shopping

The home wares shop is closing down! I picked up a pasta machine (as my old one is broken) with all the accessories for 20% off and a fondue set for $65 down from $100! so i was impressed! they've got some great bargains! Might visit it again before the end of the week!

hope everyone else is doing well!

xxx

morning

Olivia has started this afternoon sleeping business. usually 3 - 7:30 then back in bed by 9 ish till 4 . Last night she fell asleep at 4 and was still asleep at 9:30 so we started making noises near the bedroom and sure enough she woke up lol. then after a feed and a bath and some fun play she went back to bed at 10:30 but the little bugger woke t 4:30. I was hoping she would sleep till at last 5:30...

re the hairloss: if i remember correctl it took about 6 months after I had Jacob for it to settle down..

Did anyone get Carpel Tunnel while pregnant? I have had it 3 times during pregnancy now and after I had Jake I ended up on Anti-inflammitries for 2 weeks as my arm and hand were hurting so much. It eased off then but now It is back. The right hand doesn't bother be so much as it just goes numb but my left hand has a terrible ache in it. I am trying to not lift the kids as much as I know this aggravtes it. what do others do? or should I just go back to the Drs?

Have a Great Day Everyone!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast