Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #9

Xtml: wow.. personally thats the last thingI would want right now 9can't happen tho thankfully) but the last 2 bubs it would have been nice lol. good Luck

I am glad Olly is being better for you

Trish: I hope Brandon sees how people are helping him to :hugs:
    I bet getting a beating may have helped some..

We had a mini poo yesterday afternoon but nothing major yet. at least she is happy and I get the swing this morning. At the moment she is in the other one (doesn't work) and is whacking her toys.

Olivia slept 8 till bloody 4 . why can't she sleep to at least 5 It does not matter what time she goes down at night 4 is the tuime she wakes. At least there is tv shows on at that time difference was she went back to bed this mornin before 5 and we both slept till 7:15..

Well better get up coffee is finished and I am going to the big garage sale thing around the corner (nursing home has a huge garage sale every month)

Nic, Abbey slept from 8.30 til 6 this morn. Of course I fell asleep on the lounge and woke at 3am so I was awake anyway. Figures.

DP is in the loungeroom folding the washing. I have just finished hanging out heaps of the stuff so by this afternoon there will be more piles to fold up.

We have the girls party next weekend. Abbey's Baptism and Tehya's 3rd birthday party. Figured we'd get both over on the same weekend, save money and time.

Opps better go, Abbey is waking up and I never even managed a shower while she was asleep.

Hmm they must have had a huge cull. My posts have dropped from over 7,000. LOL.

at the cull... I hope Olivia starts sleeping till 6. It isn't that I mind waking up its the time she wakes. just frustrating as it makes for a long day if I don't get to go back to bed after the 4am feed

Well it is stinking hot. the QLD summer has kicked back in with a vengence..

I went to the garage sale thing. I got Ethan a bed for $20 and Olivia a cute hat for 50 cents lol.. and this star light thing. I have seen them in Ikea and have wanted one for the boys rooms for ages but we don't have Ikea here anywas I got it for $2 yeeha,..

I also picked up the swing for Miss O. she likes it but dh has just gone out to get batteries for it now and she is now asleep in bed..

Well I better get moving Ethans bed is being delivered sometime soon

It's hot here

Seriously even the Ac doesn't seem to be doing its job

now for a qn, Olivia did a teeny tiny poo yesterday and thats it. We are on day 6 now. I wouldn't even consider what she did yesterday anything. She is ok has a few moments of screaming but a tummy massage does the trick.. Should I give her IF for a few feeds to see if it helps or just keep doing the tummy massages and let it happen naturaly? A friend of mine keeps suggessting coloxyl drops but I am not keen to give something on a daily basis as I worry it might effect her bowels later in life kwim??

As I said above she is doing ok.. It isn't upsetting her that much.

morgan78 Guest

hi been a while as we have been settling into our new rental - lots of room for Alex to spread his toys all over

aussienic - is it a worry if they go that long?????? Vicky general goes a week between poos & i didn't think it was a prob - should i be concerned.

Trish - i hear u on the washing - it never seems to end. I hope that Brandon improves with the help he's being offered

We went and hid at the shops today as it was soooooooooo hot & had to resist buying clothes for the kids

question - is it normal for babies to have a week when they dont put on weight - we've had to monitor Vicky's weight gain & last week she put on 200g and this week she has put on 30g. She is still feeding 10-12 times a day sometimes more, plenty of wet nappies and she is happy - dosen't sleep well during the day tho but is having 5-7hrs at night & then another 2-3hrs after a feed early hours of the morning - she has grown 5cm in 4 weeks & head grew 2cms??? I'm just strarting to stress again as she's really little (3.6kgs @ 8 weeks)

Morgan, it is normal for bub to have a slower week occassionally. Although 30 grams is a very small ammount to gain. Did you weigh her on the same scales ? What about her clothing ? As long as she is stil weeing and pooing fine and is happy enough I wouldn't stress too much. Just try to offer her boob as much as possible. If she looks at it sidewards give her some. If her weight gain doesn't improve then I would be waking her at night too. Sorry prob not what you want to hear.

Abbey was very slow to gain at first, she was sick and we had feeding issues. I was told to put her on formula but that was not an option for me. Stick to your guns and your boobies will serve both you and Vicky well

Nic, have you tried some boiled water and brown sugar in a bottle (or cup) for Olivia. Seriously it works. Helps them to poo. That's what I was told to give the boys when they were little from the MCHN.

Hope the heat settles down for you girls in sunny QLD. It was nice and warm here today, not too hot. The rest of the week including the weekend is going to be around 23 degrees and raining. Damn it. Girls party on the weekend, going to have a very soogy yard with too many people in and out my house. Not to mention the bloody jumping castle we have ordered for the day. Buggar, poo, bum.

Morgan: BF babies can go up to 10 days without pooing.. It is just different for me as all my boys literally pooed at every nappy change or feed..

Glad the move went well.. where abouts in QLD are you again? Bris?
    I have been monitoring olivia's weigh gain too. She put on 200g in 14 days and as one of the girls from here told me it is quite normal.. I am not sure about 30g though. It might just be the scales too. I would look at the overall picture and go from there. She seems to be growing and sleeping very well.

Olivia is still sleeping 3 hours now. I think she needed it especially after such a hot day. funny thing. We had a rooster in our front yard this afternoon no idea where it came from...

Trish: I have been told too but I am just not sure. It isn't bothering her as much this time but she will still have big screaming fits pass a lot of gas and been again.. I just don't want it to become an issue as she gets older and starts solids.. I am getting annoyed at myself for all my thoughts being revolved around her poo but it is very distressing when she is screaming in pain and i dread poo days kwim

oh and jacob was trying to feed Olivia the other day lol.. I got some pics and a video. so adorable.. I hope my boys remember the days of me breastfeeding so when they grown up and have kids they can help and encourage the mothers of thier children to breastfeed. Silly I know but just one of those things I think of
    Last edited by aussienic; February 23rd, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

morgan78 Guest

Trish - we go to the same chemist every time but her clothes are probably different. I am trying to stay positive but am a typical mum & stress about everything - She had better start sorting herself out as i only get 5 hrs sleep max a night and no nanna naps during the day.
    Aussienic - np that's what i thought but there's soo much conflicting info at times. We are just outside of ipswich so it was at least 39 degrees here.
    That is really adorable of Jacob - great 21st photos too

Thanks both of you for your replies.

ouch thats pretty hot.. It was 35 here today but they said it felt like 39 and that I believe.. the humidity is killing me lol.. I want last weeks weather back

Nic, funny you should say that about Jabob. Tehya did the same thing today. I left her sitting on the lounge next to Abbey. Game I know. Anyway when I came back in she was leaning over her with her top pulled up trying to give her booby. Was sooo cute. Shame I didn't have the camera handy.

BBS, Abbeys starting to have her nightly scream fest.

Default baby car seat burns baby

little Mylo got a bad burn on his leg thanks to the metal clips on the seatbelt- you know the tongue that goes into the groove to lock the seat belt... well they got insanely hot while the car was parked in the sun so when we put him in it touched his legs and burnt a big blistering burn on him. I tried really hard to not let it touch him but i failed: while i was busy holding one side off him and dousing where it touched his arm with water, the other side was under him burning his leg. i thought it was safely under his clothes but i was wrong. he was screaming his head off, not because his arm got burnt, but coz his leg was still burning. once i pulled it out from under him he stopped, and then i realised. i felt so bad i cried. when we got home i put aloe vera on it and rang 13health, they asked me a heap of questions and said get him to hospital emergency immediately. they said it could be life threatening, so to check he didn't stop breathing on the way, carry a mobile phone incase we needed to stop and call an ambulance and to watch for this and that... terrified we raced him to emergency, where they looked at him and said it's a superficial burn, aloe vera is good, keep it clean and here's some cream. moral of the story, cars get really hot, those clips can be dangerous, and a baby's skin is so thin.

but now the drama is over, all is good. he's sleeping alot after all that. they weighed him and he's 5.8kgs! he's gained 2.5kgs in 7 weeks. little sumo baby. i love him so much i could melt. (assisted by the crazy queensland heat)

Hi all,

Just checking in. Good to see you back Trish but sorry to hear B is still giving you a hard time.

Olivia discovered her foot today! She was sitting on me on the bed and suddenly looked down at her foot then followed up her leg with her eyes and back down again. You could see it dawn on her that that weird thing was actually attached to her She did the same thing when she discovered her hand.

On the whole feeling pretty grumpy today. Cleaned out the laundry (which is like our storage room as well) to burn off some energy/grumpiness. It looks much better now.

Oh no Lara, hope your little sumo baby () is ok. Poor little bub I try to remember to throw a blanket over the capsule on hot days hoping that helps (not sure it does) but I often forget...

Hi Girl

Exhausted mummy here. We had Sofia's christening today, the big fat Greek christening. Sofia was fairly good in the church, didn't cry when she was dunked, but was unsettled getting dressed and after until she was finally passed to me, (she still thinks that every time she gets her nappy changed or gets bathed that booby comes straight after, well she just didn't want to wait today). The party after was good, majority of the guests were my family, they asked me when I was having a third child because they like the Greek christenings, Maria's party was a big greek banquet, today's was in at a restuarant that used to be a Black Stump and the food was great. Now both girls are asleep and I can relax. I will try to add a couple of pictures to my gallery soon.

Trish: I must either trust Jacob to much or he is an awesome kid lol. I leave olivia with him whn he is cuddling her. he just loves her so much. he won't move if he is holding her.

How cute Tehya was trying to feed Abbey. Our little ones can be such darlings at times

xtml: ouch poor mylo. I have been there done that too. and the pinching of the skin Simon just did that to jacob just the other day infact.. glad it wasn't to bad though. I hate how hot the seats get too. Awesome weigh gain too.. Way to go little (well not so little) man!

Alicia: Aww at the foot finding. Olivia just found hers the other day too. She was wiggling her toes and looked down stoppped wiggling them then started again and grinned. Was so cute

Louise: Glad the christening went well. Hope to see piccies soon..

i am watching Big Fat Greek wedding tonight...

I finally woke olivia at 9. She fed had a bath smiled cooed a bit fed again and went down at 10:30 just like i knew she would I will gaurantee you she will wake at 4am...

Sorry to anyone that had a sleepless night but a little brag coming up here... Last night Olivia went to bed at 9pm and didn't wake until 7:30 this morning!!!!! She has now fed, vomited, been dressed and is in the bassinette playing with her toy seahorse and drifting off to sleep again

So Nic, how did your night go hun ? I am hoping that Olivia slept good for you. Tehya wants to be a mummy with Abbey. It's just way too scarey for me.

Ohhh I've done the pinch thing too, hurts when you get your own fingers.

Xtml, sorry to hear about poor Mylo. I hope his burns heal quickly without too much grief. I posted in your thread about his burns that you can get covers for carseats. I thought about getting one for us too. WTG on Mylo's weight gain, what a little champ. I think Abbey weighs about 5.2kgs, well she did last time I weighed her and that was dressed so if I stripped her down she'd prob be around that.

Louise, glad to hear that the Christening went well. My turn to go through it all next weekend. And I STILL haven't ordered Abbey's cake. I better do it on Monday. Would love to see some of your pics too.

Alicia, how cute at Olivia finding her feet. Wait until she starts chewing on them Atleast you used your grumpy mood for something productive. Mine is usually wasted on screaming and yelling.

What a night I had here. Abbey was a good girl, she was down by 8.30 and woke at 6.30 had some booby and is stil asleep.

Brandon took off to a friends lastnight that I told him he wasn't allowed to go to. We called and spoke with the kids brother and he told us that yes he was there, so DP and Joel got in the car to go get him, nope, not there, and neither are the kids that live their. Doesn't this mother know where her kids are or what they are up to either ?? So jump forward to 2.30am and we get a phone call, it's the Police and they have Brandon. What an idiot it makes me feel like to have my 13 year old found hanging aroung the local shopping centre at that time. Thankfully they brang him home and I didn't have to go get him. I made him sleep in the lounge room cos I don't want him to get decent sleep. If I have to be woken up in the middle of the night and early the next day then so can he.

He will be dealt with when he wakes up. Bloody kids AGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Have a great Sunday girls. I am taking the girls to a birthday party at 11. Really should get my bum into the shower while Abbey is still sleeping

ETA, WTG Alicia. So glad that Olivia slept well for you. Gee our girls are good sleepers. I only pray they keep it up.
    Last edited by Trish; February 24th, 2008 at 07:49 AM.

The first line cracked me up cus I had a bad night

woo hoo Go olivia. what an awesome sleep.. and brag away it gives us well at least me hope that I will one day sleep uninterrupted

Well Miss O didn't wake at 4am she woke at 2:30 but I think the most incredible thunder and ightening storm may have woken her. Boy it was immpressive. I took her back to bed at 3:30 as she was falling asleep and put her in her cradle and never heard a peep from her till 5:30. I on the other hand just couldn't sleep. Ethan was in bed with me last night as it was so hot and his room is hot anyways he started sneezing and tossing so in the end I said. Either stp sneezing or go back to your own bed I was tired ok. He stopped sneezing though

Then jacob woke me at 6:30. When Olivia woke at 5:30 I put her in bed and boobied her while I slept. I got up with Jacob then remembered I had left Olivia on the bed awake lol (can you tell I wasn't awake properly) so I went back to get her and she had falled asleep so I thoguht I will just lay here for a couple minutes. Fast forward and hour to 7:30 and I open my eyes and Dh is in bed. Charming as I am i said WTF? You see I closed my eyes at 6:30 and Ethan wwas there and opened them at 7:30 and Dh is there

Olivia is now happily swinging away I am in the middle of a coffee ding my moring routine. Coffee and BB

eta: Trish. I am glad Brandon is home. give him a decent serve from me *slap* silly boy!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast