Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007

Trish - I just re read your post regarding meds. I was on really strong antibiotics after having Loren and I am sure they made her windy etc. I have put Loren on a infant probiotic and after 3days I have noticed her wind issue is getting better and her skin is clearing up.

Yey I got some pics in my gallery!!!!
    Last edited by BekZ; December 31st, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

hi all,

congrats to the new mummies joining us in here.

Mirani's wind problem hasnt subsided yet and its very fustrating.
    the other morning both DP and i were up with her from about 5.30am and she wouldnt settle unless she was upright and on her belly.
    i was giving her the s26 gold but today have started her on karicare to see how she goes with that.
    her poop hasnt been a problem at all, sometimes up to 3 dirty ones a day. it's just the wind, its like it gets stuck right her in the middle and she cant burp or fart it out. poor bub.

Trish: Mirani like to be held to go to sleep as well. i dont mind as its more cuddles i get but DP does. my SIL had asthma problems during both her pregnancies and had to go to hosp as well.

Teena: I just read your birth story and i take my hat off to both you and Trish for having completely natural births, i woosed out and took the gas.

but glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

have just uploaded a couple of pics of Mirani, i need to get more off DP's phone and camera.

Bek: Shame your pics aren't loading yet.. Did you have a nice new years eve?

Michelle: gorgeous pics of Mirani

Well Happy New Year everyone!! I hope you all had a good night I made it till 11:30 but only because Olivia was awake lol.. As soon as her little peepers closed so did mine..

What did everyone do? We had a couple people over for a BBQ. Was nice but way to many kids. I started getting grumpy cus I had Jacob and Olivia upstairs in bed and the kids were all up here making a big noise.. I was the grumpy Aunt. they were my neices and nephew by the way..

Anyways thats it from me. I'm tired and Ethan and my niece (7) are already awake and it was 10 before they went to bed so it is going to be a long day,,,

oh one more thing. gotta have a quick whinge for the first day of the year

DH has just gone back to bed cus he is tired. Does anyone elses DH do that? and does it bug you? I mean I was up at 2, 3 and been awake since 5 yet does it not matter if I am tired? We both went to bed at the same time and he got to sleep all night yet I am the one up with the baby and he is the one who gets to go back to bed

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Nic - We pulled the pin on NYE celebrations, only because we had been out every day/night since Christmas and we are going out today aswell. Iget frustrated with DH when I am up all night and then he wants a sleep in, although I can't complain atm he is being excellent with bub and DD1.

Loren is so unsettled atm.....

I got some pics loaded in my gallery

SueB Guest

Happy New year everyone

WOW.... My Natasha slept 4 hours between feeds last night so i actually got a good sleep

No celebrations for me . Tash is still a weenie so i just slept instead of going anywhere or having people over.
    On the DH front , I am doing this on my own (long story) but i am coping well (now that is) so i have no option although my 12 yr old DD loves to do the early morning feed ... and i'm not complaining she calls it her sister time sweet huh!!!

Well i hope there will be a few more of us late DEC ladies in here soon Dayl gave birth yesterday and 2 are being induced tomorrow .. that leaves just 4 to go .....

Have a good day

How sweet sue I bet she does enjoy her sister time

Bek: Loren is so cute I know I shouldn't complain aout my DH either.. He has been doing all the housework cooking and looking after the boys as well. I guess I just wish I could have gone back to bed this morning

Loading more pics into my gallery..

Happy New year!!

Nic we pulled the pin on the dummy with Flynn the minute it stopped "working for us" (to quote Doctor Phil LOL!) He was about 7 months old and kept losing it in his cot and waking up so we went thru cold turkey hell for a couple of days but his little 7 month old goldfish memory forgot about it pretty quickly. We have friends with a 2 yo who I think are going thru dummy hell though.

We just wanted Ethan to sleep thats why he had a dummy so long But when we took it away it went with almost no trouble in a few nights but still we don't want to deal with the 2 years of a dummy again..

We are trying to work out why Olivia has so much trouble passing wind? Most days she is fine then every now and then she has so much trouble. Is it something I am eating? even though I don't really have much change in my diet.. or is it the odd weather.. it is so windy and hot here now yet last week it was windy and cold...

oh and happy 6 weeks Olivia

Happy 6wks miss Olivia!!! Nic I have just posted a thread asking ppls opinions on foods and breastfeeding. Loren is soooo windy. So much so that we have 30min screams after each feed until the wind has gone and then it is some times hours until she settles to sleep!!!!

I took the dummy off DD when she was 18months old. She was sick with a cold and the dummy was upsetting her because she could not breath and suck at the same time. I was also sick of getting out of bed 5 times a night to pick the dummy off the floor. We went cold turkey and she forgot about her beloved dummy in 2 weeks. I have friends with a 3 yo who has a dummy and it look terrible.

Michelle - let me know how you go with the karicare. DD1 had heaps of trouble with S26 gold, so I put her on S26 LF and she was fine with that. I have DD2 on S26 LF atm but I do have a can of karicare af and I am not sure if I should change or not. Loren is only having 40 mls of formula per day and although she is windy and it seems forever for her to poo I think should would be having these issues regardless of the formula.

I will go check out that thread Bek.. Olivia is well settled for now but she wasn't this morning. She was very grumpy then we lay her on the floor and lay with her and she farted so loud and hard she screamed then I bathed her and she settled right now.. poor bubba..

Happy New Year!

We had a very quiet new years. My mum is here at the moment on 'Alicia watch' so DH, mum, Olivia and I just stayed at home (trying to stay cool). We went for a walk up the road at about 9:30 to try and see the early fireworks but missed them. Then Miss Olivia gave us a great pressie and slept from 1am-6:30am! I did get a fright though when I woke and realised it was light and I hadn't heard from her, I jumped up pretty quickly to check she was ok!

Nic - Happy 6 weeks to your Olivia! My Olivia is 4 weeks today!

Oops grumpy Miss has just started grizzling, better go.

Happy New Year girls !!

I watched the 9pm fireworks on tv and crashed out not long after them. Abbey woke at 1am for her feed and was up another 3 times, but only for quick feeds. Think we have found our witching hour too, For the last few nights around 6 pm ish Abbey gets the grumps up and wants to feed constantly. This goes on until around 8.30pm. Thankfully after that she sleeps for a few hours, like lastnight it was until 1am. I just have to learn to go to bed when she does.

I confess, I have a nearly 3 year old with a dummy She bloody won't give that thing up and tbth I can't be stuffed dealing with it atm.

Abbey has a dummy but only occassionally, usually until I am ready for her feed. Most of the time she goes mental and spits it. I introduced her dummy early though to try and encourage her to suck. Seems to have worked cos she sucks like a Hoover now

Abbey is windy too, but I think it's more of an age/ gut thing too. Everything is changing in their bodies. Growth spurt time is about to hit for a few of the bubs in here (the early ones)

Michelle, let me tell you, having gas is not being a wuss. You do what you need to do to get you through it. And let me say that if there was gas there when I was in labour with Tehya I would have more than likely used it too. Mirani is such a cutie too, well done hun.

Bek, Love the new pics of Loren. What a sweety. I'm not sure how much longer I have to stay on the meds for. That's something thats not written on them and given that I have a bag full of these AB's and only take one a day they are going to last me forever. Poor baby has a rotten hormone rash all over her face too. Atleast that's what I am assuming it's from. Could be the medications once again too.

Nic, I hope you didn't let DH sleep too much. Don't go spoiling the man. Drives me bloody mad here. The kids will be playing in the lounge until I put Abbey to bed then of course they have to go to their rooms to play, and yes, they wake Abbey up on me. Happy 6 weeks to Olivia !! Abbey was 5 weeks old yesterday. Where does the time go ?? For me, it's been at damn hospital !!

Sue, time to change your ticker hun Nice to "meet" you and your little princess.

Rory, hope all is well with you and your little men.

Lauren, Louise, Liz, Shell, Teena, Ezz, Alicia, Tinsel, Charlene, Nikki, I hope all is well and you are enjoying your new little babies.

Have a great day girls.

Trish - DD won't give up her bedtime bottles atm and she has abandoned toilet training and I can't be stuffed with taking her off the bottle or toilet training atm either.

Bek, Tehya is still doing the bed bottle too. Although she is daytime TTed. Most morns she is dry too. But she does have a few months on Sara too.

I am one that is for the dummy.

Tia had one until she was about 2 and a half, we went fishing one night and she dropped it over the jetty.
    we told her she couldnt have one anymore coz she gave it to the fish. and she was happy with that.
    Alisha didnt want one when she was a bub. and now Mirani has a couple. my brother cheekily got her a melb demons one for xmas.

i didnt toilet train my girls until they were 3 and old enough to understand a) whats happening and b) when they knew what they were supposed to be doing.
    potty's didnt work so it was straight onto the loo.

thanks for the comments about the pics, i cant seem to get any of her when her eyes are open.

i call her my 'frog princess' atm, as she still pulls her legs up, with knees out and feet together.

so far with the karicare, there hasnt been as much regurgitation after feeds.
    and she seems more calm when it comes time to burp.
    they also come out easier too. i dont know whats happening with the other end though, have to wait a couple of days to see if thats changed.

the good thing about her being on the bottle, is that atm DP and i take turns in getting up for her.
    he gets up one night and i get up the next.
    its working well atm, but i dont know whats going to happen when he finally goes back to work.
    probably one tired and grumpy mummy.

Hi ladies!

Happy New Year!!! Bubs finally arrived on the 27th December!!! Got home yesterday and been real busy with New Years and family!!

Hope you are all well!! bbl

xxx

PS there are pics up of Chrissie!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast