Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007

Louise your MIL sounds like a b!tch asking you how you make your girl sick!! You poor hun - reminds me of my grandmother (mum's mum). When I developed meningitits as a 3 yo she said to my mother "you only have one child and you can't even keep her from getting sick". Nice huh?

Tinsel sending you sleepy baby vibes

Alicia - Olivia is absolutely beautiful!!

Well, I fell in love with Oliver tonight. Was watching ER and there was a character with multiple personalities who had been abused as a kid who came out with this scared little boy personality and I got to thinking how awful it would be if anyone hurt my boys. And tears just started streaming down my face as I looked at Oliver's perfect little face

Alicia : Olivia is gorgeous !!

be back tomorrow . my Olivia calling and I need a shower while daddy settles her down.. Apparently she is very much a mummy's girl

oh and Rory how sweet!

Thanks for the comments on my beautiful girl. She just had her first visit from the maternal health nurse (late because of my hospital stay) and passed with flying colours. She is strong and healthy and already about 57cm long!!! Rob is hoping she will be a basketball star and keep us in a lifestyle to which we are happy to become accustomed :-)

Rory - I cry at things like that too. It is amazing how these little people can make you feel.

hello ladies.. thought i better come in and say hello.. my ds was born on 7th December even though he was due on 24th November

he was born via emergency c/s due to fetal distress.. but all is good now.. my beautiful little boys name is Zac!

we have had a few bad days.. but the good days make up for it and my heart just melts when he looks into my eyes

i haven't had a chance to read all your posts but i will soon.

ciao for now

Hi lovely ladies - sorry to butt in, but thought i'd just let you know that Trish is spending some time in hospital again - she's possibly mentioned her asthma playing up, but last night it got pretty bad so she went to the hospital - has been there today, and will possibly be in for a couple more days...

she said her oxygen sats were pretty low, so she's being pumped up on drugs, but is taking it easy, and relaxing while she can! she's still in good humour and has been sending me messages this arvo that are very much Trish in good spirits!

congrats to you all on your December bub's!

oh hugs for Trish!! I bet she is sick of hospitals by now. Send her some get well vibes from us..

hi Sirenz.. congrats on the birth of your son Zac

Alicia: wow 57cm long.. way to grow Olivia. My Olivia is only just 51cm now lol.. she is a tiny one..

Well ds2 calling for a shower,, *sigh* he simply cant wait till after dinner apparently

oh boy oh boy am I over tonight..

On a good note I meant to mention that Olivia slept 5 hours for me last night and was only awake for half hour then slept another 3 so 11 till 4 and 4:30 to 7:30. Was just lovely.. I was so exhausted

She is in bed now so I am hoping we have another good night. I may follow cus I seriously need to be alone. no kids no husband no mother. I love them all dearly but I am used to ME time when dh is working and I think I just need some downtime!!

YAY im finally in this room!
    just a quickie hello as i hate typing one handed .. ash is clung tightly to my boob lol

hope things go well trish!!

Alicia -olivia's such a cutie!

hi to everyone else

Hey guys, I haven't been on for AGES coz our internet has been down but I am back now... caitlin is 2 and a half weeks old and doing great... I have a baby who doesn't let herself go to sleep though! she was up for 8 hours straight yesterday and wouldn't sleep ahhh! does anyone else have problems with their baby only falling to sleep on the boob???

will be back later, I have reading to catch up on! Yay on finally being home Lauren

just another quick message re Trish

she's still in hospital and looks to be there for another day or two. her oxgen stats are getting better but she is still having oxygen tube so she's not sure how much that is affecting the results. her peak flow output is "really poor - only about half what it should be".

she's getting some rest, but poor abbey is waking up every time someone comes in to the room - seems they haven't worked out how to gently/quietly close doors yet! obviously that wakes trish up too... abbey is apparently feeding very well at the moment, which has to be a bonus!

Hope things improve Trish.

Lauren - Congrats again. Can't wait to see some more photos.

Shell - I can't breastfeed because of the medications I am on (and will be on for another month) plus the fact that I was comatose for a couple to days there. But Olivia does fall asleep during feeding all the time. She drinks half her bottle then dozes off and it is hard to get her to drink the rest. Then she wants to held until she is asleep, which is usually ok but last night took until 1am.

I ventured out of the house today. This is a big deal as I am not allowed to drive and can't walk far. DH and I drove to Baby Bunting to get Olivia a bouncer (you know, the ones they sit in). She is such an active kicker we thought she would love being able to entertain herself in the bouncer. So far it looks like a winner, she has bounced away in it and is now fast asleep in it! The funny little thing constantly curls up to her right hand side, we keep finding her over the right side of the bassinette no matter where we start her off or how tightly she is wrapped.

Hope everyone else is well.

Shell, i dont want to qinx myself here but cant say i have the same prob. Ash is a fantastic sleeper, slept thru wednesday night and pretty much sleeps through all other nights, woke couple times for a feed but fell alseep as soon as he was done, which is how he works during the day. Always eats and sleeps lol

Hes so alert and always eating, the health nurse said today he already looks 2 weeks old as he was over his due date, it really shows, and he eats so much he never lost any weight in hospital LOL the midwives were calling him piggy baby LOL but im very happy with that anyways. Hes gonna get weighed again tomorrow so will be interesting to see how much heavier he is then!

Alicia, can u not move around cos all the issues u have or the c/sect in general. No one told me how im supposed to look after myself, rest of course, but im dying to get out and about.

Shell: good to see you back Olivia went to sleep today for the first time today not on the booby. 8 hours is such a long time isn't it.. Was it during the day? Olivia was awake for 3 hours today and thats a long time. I am expecting her to have her wake time sometime soon.. I kinda hope not but I think thats what is going to happen

Briggsy girl: Thanks for the update.. I am glad Abbey is able to stay with her. At least she is getting plenty of rest (meaning no housework or other kids)

Alicia: are the meds antibiotics? I can imagine you would be very sore.

Lauren: Great pic in your sig You can get out and about as long as you feel up to it. I was going stir crazy being at home and we took short strolls along the beach or just went for a drive. I know I wouldn't have been capable of driving ( only have learners as well) I found just very short walks helped keep me sane. I have been driving with my mum though since she has been here. if you feel up to drivbing check with your insurance though as you might not be allowed to..

Hope everyone is having a good night. I am hoping I can hear Olivia waking up. she is stirring but the little bugger has pretty much been asleep since midday. she woke briefy at 5 to be fed and then I stirred her at 6 with a bath as my boobs were going to explode and she was awake for maybe half hour and we put her in her bed at 8:30...

I am assuming it is going to be like Xmas night and I will be awake from 12 till 3 again.. so why don't I just go to bed.. i don't know I guess I keep hoping she will wake really soon to stop my boobs exploding again.. they are so full they hurt to touch

Lauren/Nic - It is because of everything else that happened that I can't get around too much. To be honest (and sorry if this is TMI for some people, if you are squeamish maybe skip this bit) I almost died while in hospital as I actually had a kind of flesh eating bacteria which as well as eating away some of my tissue caused a lot of other problems. The way they are treating it is to leave to wound open and pack it with special dressings every second day. So basically I am walking around with a large hole in my stomach (about 20cmx5cm and 3cm deep) which is just covered by a light dressing. To be honest it is awful - feeding Olivia, holding her, changing her all hurt and I can't do anything else around the house. My MIL was here the last few days helping out and my mum is coming on Monday. It is going to take months to heal properly and I feel like I am missing heaps of little things that I wanted to do with Olivia. Crap now I am crying again.

oh alicia thats so sad to hear, im so sorry its such a bad time for u, but your very lucky olivia is a happy healthy little girl and u have the rest of your life to enjoy every moment. i know u dont get this time back, but ur still together so theres that to be lucky for cheer up and this time will fly and youll be back doing everything u used to soon.
    sending u lots of getting better soon vibes. Take care of yourself.

oh alicia I am so very sorry you have to deal with this.. :hugs: It certainly cannot be a nice experience..

do they know what caused it?

Alicia you poor love! Are you up to having visitors (especially ones who will tidy your house while there and bring you a meal ) Once this hot weather is over I could pop over one day...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast