Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

ALI im glad your boobies love the super softness of luch minky!!!! hope there better than the other ones!!!!!!

ohhh BBS....

ali hun its tough when the one person you need isnt there, id be there in a flash if i could, maybe i'll make the trek up one day
    Last edited by Olive; March 29th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Having a bit of a teary morning, just overtired and exhausted, had bad night, if Em doesn't poo every nappy then she gets very upset and tummy pains, so she didn't poo for 3 nappies and spent alot night crying then of course at 8am does giant poo and has slept really well while I had to get up and start the day! I know things get better but so over the constant feeding settling at the moment, feels like most of the day is taken up by it and poor Ash always has to wait to get seen to.

Ali- Its hard when partners aren't around you feel like your doing it all alone and worry about them missing out. I wish there was some way around it for you.

Tarkine- Just take each day at a time. I think they lost my order too! Hopefully you find something that will work to help settle him more, just try everything, you never know what will end up helping.

awwww shell sleep deprivation is a killer.

tarkine how is A today? how are you today??

i actually got to eat my dinner in peace tonight!!! twas lovely
    i think i have the newborn hormone rash as well lovely zits either side of my chin!!

for everyone!!

Ali - sorry your DP isn't there more. There's no other substitute really is there? I am dreading when my DP goes back to work but at least he'll be around in the evenings when Mr. J is at his more ferral.
    Tarkine - at your lost order! I am kind of happy with my order but he is damaging the mother hardware a little atm! I didn't get much info on c-section aftercare at hossy either - basically one middy saying "you know what you can't do don't you? no driving, lifting, reaching above your head, bending or twisting". I was like - that pretty much covers everything doesn't it? Apparently we should be doing exercises as well - esp. pelvic floor ones which I didn't know until the other day.
    Shell - I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight darl! Sleep deprivation is the worst.
    AJP - Hey! whoohoo for eating dinner in peace. Still getting it organised here tonight! I found a zit on my forehead today too. Was very unhappy because I think I already have enough skin dramas going on without acne too!
    Nai - thanks for that. I never thought about the insurance angle or braking thing. We've recently bought a new car and I hardly drove it before having Mr. J so will definitely wait until I'm all healed before getting behind the wheel. Yay on only having a week to go! That's awesome.

AFM - Has been a really full on day here and I feel a bit overwhelmed. Been teary a few times. Had friends drop round which was nice but chaotic as they have their own kids and Mr. J was unsettled. I have started expressing the left side this afternoon. The "ringbark" only seems to be healing on one side of that nipple and the other side was getting better but is back to being really painful most feeds, especially when he fusses which he tends to do on the left. There are now little red spots in the opening so it's time to rest it for a day and see what happens.

Just feels like there's one thing after another right now. Mr. J and I have thrush (which I never had before) so I have rash cream and nipple gel and he has bum cream and oral liquid stuff and it all needs to go on or in 4 times a day so between feeding him, feeding me, applying all the creams and gels and now expressing it's all a bit much. Really needed to get out of the house this afternoon for a walk but then the friends dropped in and as they left Mr. J needed a feed and then I had to express and then it was dark! Maybe tomorrow.........

Seems like we've all had busy days today. Not many posts. I hope you're all doing ok girls! This can't last forever.

Kaz- sounds like the day for much needed hugs! I hope you get out of the house tomor, will do you good, its amazing tho how quickly the day can go sometimes, esp with all those extra things you need to do!

AJP- Yay on peaceful dinner, whats that? Lol.

Got our 4 weeks MCHN appt tomor, Em looks fatter to me so we'll see her weight gain.
    Started her bedtime routine tonight in hopes it'll get her to sleep better, including a nice lavender massage.

having an early night
    will be back in the morning
    here is a photo from last night
    Login | Facebook
    i am the short one lol

hi all

Posted a photo of Milana in the gallery, and the link under the BA thread.
    Hope you are all well,

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...hp?photo=12947

She was so beautiful and we miss her every moment of every day.

Mummy loves you forever precious little girl.

Thanks ladies for all the messages.

Take care all,

tracey, milana is simply gorgeous hope your doing ok and i hope things improve with DS as well

Tracey - she is absolutely beautiful.
    thank you xx

Thankyou for showing us how beautiful yourt precious angel Milana is. lots of love to you Tracey

Kaz - Hun if you can just get out into the garden, it makes a HUGE difference to your day. When A is really restless and I'm feeling ARGH I try and walk out to the garden (get DP to take a chair out there for you) and just get some sunshine on your face.

AJP - I think A has settled a bit more today (ohh really hope I don't jinx myself with that statement).

Tracey - Milana is just beautiful

Ali - sorry to hear that DP isn't there. It is hard when they aren't around.

AFM - doing ok. Got out today to the shops for a quick trip with A in the capsule - didn't bother with the pram. DS seems more settled today, but last night I was over it and really had to pull myself out of bed to start the day. Had a nap this afternoon for as long as I needed (no idea how long it was). DH was on bub duty and DS ended up sleeping in his arms. I find I feel much better if I can have a relaxed shower, eat at least one meal a day with two hands and have enough sleep and have been outside (even if for 5 minutes) - that's my definition of a good day. A great day is when I get some exercise in.

Take care girls xxoo

double post sorry.

Evening ladies,

Tracey - thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Milana. She is simply gorgeous.

Tarkine - I like the way you are keeping things simple, taking one day at a time, finding pleasure in simple things. I think that's really important. Today I cleaned the floor, first time since bubs, DH has been doing it. The fact that I could find the time to mop the floor felt really good.

Oh and I hear you on the shower thing. I feel so much better after a shower.

Laura - I think that means you had your 21st???? Awesome! You looked hot

Shell - GL at the 4wk check. We've got our 6wk one tomorrow - must be the day for it. We're attempting a bedtime routine too - not working out so well yet.

Kaz - you poor thing, sounds like its all getting a bit overwhelming. No good with the ringbarking and the thrush! Does sound like its one thing after another for you. You are right - it can't last forever. Repeat my mantra - this will pass. Its just a phase.

AJP - @ your newborn rash! I think I have it too...

Ali - hope you are feeling better hun. I feel for you not having DP around - I don't know how you do it.

AFM - 6wk check tomorrow with MCHN, then 6wk check with Obs on Tues. 6 weekers all round.

Isabel has had two good days - after our rotten night Thursday, she has been sleeping really well during the day and pretty well at night. We had a big day yesterday - a housewarming followed by 30th birthday. She was fantastic - slept lots, didn't grizzle much. Last night she went down at about 12.30am, then slept til about 5.30am. So that was great.

Today has been much the same - she's been waking, feeding, sleeping quite well. But this evening she has been very unsettled... just in time for DH to get home from the Grand Prix, all tired and sun burned and not really wanting to deal with grizzly baby.

She's cried since about 9pm... is now in the bouncer, seems quite happy there. But not in cradle. Sigh!

We're trying so hard to encourage her to be a good sleeper - I've been putting her down while still awake and happy, telling her its time for sleeping, wrapping her tightly, leaving her to go to sleep herself, without needing to be held. Its hard though - sometimes she cries and I have to try and ignore it... for a bit anyway.

Wish me luck getting her down tonight...

Tracey - what a beautiful girl. Thank you for sharing her with us. I am sure she is watching over you and your family. Take care. xx

Kaz- Well, now sometimes it's green, sometimes yellow, lol. IKWYM DD poops at least once everytime she wakes up, sometimes more!! I always think she's finished and change her and we have another explosion, lol, it's never ending. Good to hear you're feeling better, I'm about a week ahead of you and I can tell you I feel HEAPS better this week, normal now. So not long to go now! I am so glad DH was there when the m/w told me no hanging washing on the line for 6 wks The not driving thing is for insurance, so if you ring ur insurance company and they say you can drive before then you can if you feel up to it! Oh you sound just like me, I had to express off the left side for a week to heal up the crack But good news, it's all better now and I can use them both with no pain! lol. She's still better at attaching on the right though. It seems lots of ppl have troubles with one boob more than the other, and often the left, weird!
    Shell- With the lying down feeding I think before I was lying too much on my side and my bbs were too big and squishing into the matress too much so I had to lean back a bit, lol. Maybe that will help? Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, I hope you're feeling better today and had a better night! Good luck at ur appt today!
    Nai- omg 6km, wonder woman!
    tarkine- I think I may have got your order. Last night DD was an angel. Slept from 8-12 and then 12-4 then up at 6.30 but there was basically no resettling time for once. She just fed back to sleep. I don't know what was going on but I wish it was that easy every night!!
    Ali- I'm sorry you are feeling lonely I spose you've already looked at all the options, is there no way that DH can be home more?? Wish you lived in Brissy! I need some mummy friends!
    AJP- I have the hormone rash too! Lovely.
    laura- Hope you had a good night!! Nice photo, it's good to put a face to the name!
    Tracey- Thankyou for sharing your gorgeous girl, she is so beautiful
    OP- I try to get DD to go to sleep by herself but it never works, lol, she just lies there staring around and then gets over tired.

AFM- Feeding still going well, phew. Had a great night last night only had to wake to feed and she didn't need resettling, amazing, she just fell asleep on the boob. DH is taking friday off this week so I have a long weekend with him and we're going to the coast to visit family. Haven't been anywhere really yet, hope it's not to stressful!! But it will be good to get out!

Tracey, Milana is gorgeous- thank you for sharing!

Ali, it is so hard when you don't have your support around

AJP - I have the pimples too but on the tops of my arms and back!

Tarkine - don't worry about your order, A will probably be a dream toddler to make up for the lack of sleep now

SJ, glad to hear the boobs have healed and feeding is going well.

Laura, you look lovely - hope you had a great night!

AFM - yesterday Miss J rolled over!!! From her tummy to back - she did it 3 times and we got it on film - am I allowed to post a link???
    Also got her granuloma treated this morning. They put the silver nitrate on it - it looks a bit ick now so I hope this gets rid of it. If not I have to go back and they will do it again.

Well girls, I have just discovered that DD likes to sleep so much more if she is on her side. I know you arent supposed to because of SIDS risk but she has such strong neck muscles and I think I am only going to let her sleep like this during the day when I can monitor more what is going on. Still finding it difficult to accept that I am using a dummy as well to settle her, I dont want to end up relying on it and like you said Heaven in my other thread, DP's family are anti-dummies. I spoke to my mum about it and she said thaqt we used them up until about 12months old and then she just cuts the ends of them so it wasnt the same to suck anymore and we lost interest in it.

I was so angry and sad with DP last night. He had lots of jobs to do on his one day off for the week but had promised me some family time....wellI call him as he had been gone for ages and I was loosing it at home and he was at a mates watching the formula one!!! GRRRRRR! I was so upset. He tried to make it up to me this morning and said that he would mind DD so I could go and have some time out of the house by myslef if I wanted (which I took advantage of), he still knows how upset I am about it.

Anyway some personals as I have been so slack lately

Nai- for DD2 rolling over!!! I cant believe how clever she is! Is that young to be doing tha. How is DD1 going? IS she all over her bug that she had?
    Heaven- How lovely that you are going to have a long weekend away together as a little family of three! How gorgeous. One thin I noticed about going out is how much longer it takes to get organised! I knew it would take longer but I have only ever been used to just getting myslef organised. Its amazing how much a little person needs and requires to get organised and out the door. It will be great for you to have DH there to help and build your confidence.
    OP- sounds like Isabel likes being a social butterfly! The sleep thing is so hard to get sorted. I have done so many things that I thought I would never do. I feel rather niave (sp?) but I guess it is one of those jobs that is learn as you go. I am going to get that book "The contended baby" (or something like that). Apparently it has good sleep routines and works quite well. Have onl heard good stories about it.
    Tarkine- Good to hear you are doing better. I find if I need to take the pram to the shops I am better off walking (lucky I am not that far). I find it a bit of a nightmare getting organised with getting the pram set up (my pram is so BIG) and then DD sorted and then the return trip back to the car. I guess with practise I will get better. I like your definitions of a good and a great day! I can relate!!
    Laura- Great that we are friends on facebook now I hope that Nath does something lovely for your birthday tomorrow. Anyone else who wants to be my friend on facebook can send me their details or i"ll send you mine via PM. It is nice having somewhere else to chat in the event that BB's server is down.
    Shell- How did Em go with her weight gain today? Hope the appointment went well. I need to make an appointemtn for this week.
    Kaz- dorry you had a teary day yesterday, Sounds like there were a few of us. I hope the leftie nipple improves. I hate feeding that side as well. Hopefully the expressing will help it heal up properly. I hope the thrush goes away for both of you as well.

to AJP, Det, Megie, Ellie, Holly & Tracey

Afternoon ladies and bubs,

How are we all today?

Ali - interesting about DD sleeping on her side! Have not tried that with Isabel. I think as long as you're around it should be fine. That's really [email protected] about DH disappearing to watch the GP. I was a bit annoyed at my DH yest as he actually went to the GP, then came home all grumpy and tired and was really short with Isabel. Like hello - I have had her all day, just because you've been out and are tired doesn't mean you can't help when you get home!

Nai - wow at little Miss J rolling over! She is very advanced That's great! Isabel wriggles but no rolling yet... Hope the granuloma heals up ok.

SJ - sounds like a great night last night! And yay for your weekend away this weekend and have DH there for a long weekend. Sounds fantastic.

AFM - finally settled Isabel last night at about midnight. Got to bed about 12.30am, woke at 6am going "Why hasn't Isabel woken yet?" and went to check she was still ok! She was fine - and then proceeded to sleep until almost 7am

6hrs sleep and I feel like a new woman. I don't know if it is the 6wk milestone thing - but everything seems to be getting easier, feeding is faster, she sleeps better during the day and at a night and is more alert and interactive. She still has unsettled periods but these are outweighed by the good periods

Busy day for us today. Isabel and I went to an Aust Breastfeeding Assoc meeting this morning, was there til lunch time, then went to the local shopping centre and then to the MCHN for six week check.

Isabel has stacked on more weight - another 472g! She is now 5.23kg and 59cm long. This puts her on the 90th percentile for both! Woot!

Nothing else exciting to report. Hi to everyone!!!!!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast