Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

Hey girls
    just wanted to pop in and say Hi !!!
    All good here- Levi and I went for hot chocolate this morning and then to lunch with some old work colleagues this arvo!! Tonite twins had gymastics so we were there tonite as well- hardly been home today - what a shame- then i cant do the housework-lol

Trust me girls- get out now whilst you can!!!! As when they get older- they get louder and its harder.!!!!
    Took levi in the bubba sling this morning - he loved it and zzz the whole time. Get a sling if you can girls- they are great!

DH out AGAIN tonite- he hasnt been home before 9pm all week- grrrr. Kids were all good and all were zzz by 8.30- feel like champion of the world to ge them all down!!!
    feel like i should be doing a happy dance when they are all down!

Tommorow gotta go out in the morning and then out for lunch again!! Love it!
    Gotta get my lunches in with my friends before school holidays are on again.

The feeding seems to be settling down here as well- not having as long feeding frenzies and he is feeding so much quicker! He hits my boob and scream when it doesnt come out fast enough for him- so cute- except when he starts to pinch me as well. He is such a noisy bugger when he feeds!

Megiemott- just yell out when it suits you and would love to go to mums and bubs movies- do they have mums and bubs sessions at gold class???? That would be cool!!!
    Definately before the school holidays!!

Hey is anyone going to the Footscray meetup next week? I am thinking of going- Levi has injections that morning, but he should be fine and then go after that. Only person i have met IRL here is O. Feeb has been nagging me (nicely) to meet up - so great chance to!

Also my cloth breast pads arrived today that i ordered from Arimeh- man they are soo comy- they feel like luxury against my nipples compared to the disposable ones- definately worth getting them girls and they are heaps cheaper than buying them all the time- about $5.50 a pair!

I am actaully going to go to bed before midnight tonite- WHOOT! That is early for me. As DH is out- no paperwork tonite so gonna make the most of it! We didnt finish paperwork till 3am last nite- and Levi fed at 3.45am and 5.45 - then i was up for the day. Off to make school lunches now, washing and then bed!!!!!

Nite girls and hope everyone gets some sleep!!!
    mwah

Our night started off really well, fed 9:00, then not til 1am (woohoo 4 hour gap!) Then 4:20 then was so unsettled, think I shouldn't have eaten that yummy spag bol a friend had made us! Think caused alot wind pains in poor Em. Will be happy if she does the 4hr thing tonight! She only been feeding from one side but must be getting enough.

Det- Bloody hell, must be alot paper work at your place! Ikwym about getting out now, getting out with toddler can be tricky if I don't have a mountain of entertainment up my sleeve, or a treat. Too bad you are so far away or I would've joined this movie session.

Tarkine- Yeah chase them up, very slack of them tho, they meant to be there to support you. My MCHN has certain drop in session times where you just show up if you wanna chat about something, maybe see if they have that just so you can go get him weighed?

Ali- How did your night go? You get some sleep in? And some dinner?

AJP- yay on Millies weight gain.

Well we are off to gymbaroo soon and Em is going to be wanting a feed right in middle of it, problem is you have to watch your toddlers on the equipment so god knows how I can feed and help Ash on all the equipment!

Tarkine, you will find that you might start to bleed more after you do something a bit strenuous.

Hope everyone had a good night! J went down at 7pm and woke at 1am!!! Then at 4 and then 7.45 so it was a pretty good night. She is a bit unsettled now - probably hungry from going so long without a feed I have to take her to the Dr today to get her granuloma removed

det gee your a busy women!!!! and up til 3am doing paperwork !!
    glad your enjoying your one on one time with your little man!!!

shell yay on having dinner cooked for you, poo on the wind though. its hard when you need to feed right in the middle of when a toddler needs you ! have fun though.

nai im sure J will be fine, not sure about you though!! im sure it wont hurt her either. great sleep last night!

millie was good too, feed at 7pm ,8pm, 1am, 5am 7.15am so pretty happy, even made it to the bakery at 8,15am

ETA nai and tarkine and kaz are you guys using cloth???
    Last edited by Olive; March 20th, 2009 at 08:55 AM.

Yep, I use cloth but have been using sposies for the long night sleep - just because someone gave me a pack of newborn ones really so will be full cloth when they run out. I had cloth for DD1 so am re-using them - woohoo, double savings!

im doing 70/30 more cloth just dont have enough that fit!!! and i cant work out prefolds!!
    loving the small bubblebubs!!

Hi Girls!

Wow, trying to quickly read through your posts. Sorry to not have posted in here sooner. We are doing great! Heidi weighed in at 4450gms or 9lb13oz yesterday, she was 3700gms or 8lb 3oz at birth so stacking on the weight quite nicely. Can't believe she was 3 weeks old yesterday. Having some interesting moments with my now 3yr DS, can't blame him though he has really adjusted pretty well considering how different things are for him. He has just started getting out of bed 20 times at night so taking a while to get him to bed. Although I have found if he doesn't have a nap in the day he crashes at night, not sure what is worse though as after no sleep he is pretty cranky at night.

Heidi seems to have just slotted into our family very well, she is very cruisy and settled most of the time. Feeding is going well and she's pretty much doing everything she should. I think I am soooooo much more relaxed this time which is making it easier for me.

Sorry for selfish post, will try to get back later.

Missed you all!
    xx

HI girls,

Well Ash slept well. Last feed was 9pm then 1:45am, 4:30am, 6:30am
    I am only feeding her one side at a time as there seems to be heaps in there and I want her to make sure she gets all the hind milk.

Nights are really hard for me because I am by myself. I find it really hard to cook and actually sit down to eat dinner. Last night I ended up having weetbix for dinner.

Anyway lets hope we have a good day.

amy sounds like heidi si doing very well!!
    i hear you on the diffecult toddler!!

ali i had rice bubbles for lunch yesterday!! must be tough having DP working at night

Ihad a piece of bread for lunch yesterday and only just got my coffe and finished breakfast now at 11.15!! Can you make something during the day that can be heated up at night? or on the weekend make extra and freeze it eg. soup, lasagne, pasta sauce?

AJP - I have some fuzzibunz and when she gets bigger some cushie tushies.

Didn't have anything today till midday. Was SO hungry. I am known for eating cornflakes for dinner though.

BBL

Good to know that I am not the only one who is eating breakfast for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!

Nai- I might have to do a big cook up on the weekend.

How on earth do you do grocery shopping with a baby? Do you guys just put them in the sling and not bother with the pram?

Here is a pic of Ashlyn and me...our first cuddles the morning of her birth.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...9&ppuser=15125

gorgeous photo ali!!!
    shopping when it ws just sophie i used to pop her in the trolley with the capsule seat thing, now with two.....yet to try it yet!
    looks like we all have brekky meals!!

I just put the capsule in the top of the trolley, and eiter J walks or stands in the back.

E is having a very unsettled day. Has only catnapped since 10am this morning. 4 hours is a lot of awake time. I have bought a hammock off another BB lady that I am picking up on Sunday. Hopefully that will help. I can't get into the Paed until E is 9 weeks old, so if the relux continues, it is a long time to wait. I would like to get her on to Zantac as it really helped J's reflux. Just hte thought of waiting another 6 weeks seems like a lifetime.

I am really tired and cranky today. E fed at 8:30, 11:40, 3, then at 5 i put her in with us. She was grunting and groaning on and off the boob until 9. Then DH got up with her and i had another hour snooze. She slept happily in the sling for him.
    Today I can feel myself getting anxious about her not sleeping. It is so tiring resettling. i basically have been feeding, then resettling right up to the next feed.

Meg- Sounds like you are having a hard time, I really hope the hammock brings you some relief, I wish I had some good advice to offer. Can your GP prescribe zantac or do you have to see the paed? I hope they can squeeze you in earlier if needed.

Ali- You look quite good being the morn after birth, think I looked horrible next day. I get Df to do grocery shopping but after I had Ash I used coles online, delivery is quite cheap and was well worth it!

NZGirl- Sounds like things are going well. Hopefully your son settles with his new sister soon, its hard on them isn't it.

We been busy today, Ash been quite sensitive so everything setting her off crying and wanting cuddles plus trying to settle Em all day, slept well while Ash was at gymbaroo then only catnapped til now when I've put her back in the sling. Thank god I bought it.

Sounds like Em is as unsettled as E. I have to wait till she wil lbe 9 weeks tog et into the paed!! That is just too long. I might have to go back to the GP or try and call the Paed on monday, as she can't stay in pain.

She jsut had a 2 hour sleep on ,y chest, but I can't do that every day!!!

Gorgeous pic Ali! I also just put the cpsule on the trolley.

Meg - J has just cat napped all day too. I went to the Dr and they couldn't do the granuloma so have to go to the Royal Childrens GRR waste of an afternoon!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast