Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

hi ladies

Can't read all your posts as I am just finding it too hard at the moment, but wanted to let you all know that the beautiful rose bush that you got me is now flowering and it has the most gorgeous dusky pink roses, it is just perfect. Thank you all very much.
    Coping at the moment, but having really bad days as well, miss Milana so much.
    Going to carry on with my doula stuff though, have a lady due in 8 weeks, meeting her tomorrow, know it will be tough but have to do it as part of my healing process.
    Applying for midwifery in August as well, lot of people applying for so few places, but if I don't apply won't get in will I. Need something to focus on.
    Glad you are all doing well with bubs, wish I could carry on chatting to you all in here but at the moment it's too hard to read the posts, but will pop back in now and again to say hi. Will try to work out a way to send you all a pic of Milana,
    Take care

so good to hear from you tracey i cant imagine your pain
    glad the rose is flowering, milana must like it
    i hope you get into midwifery, as im sure you'll be wonderful at it.
    take care and lots of love to you all

Tracey so lovely to hear from you and that Milana's rose is flowering - she must like it. Best of luck with midwifery - you would be fantastic.

Meg, we must have had the same night! DD was up until 10pm, then woke at 12, 2, 4.30 and 7!!! DP and I had planned to go to the movies with my mum here to look after the girls but J wouldn't settle. She fed, took 40ml EBM, fed some more etc until 10pm when it was too late and we had given up! Oh well, next time maybe

Det, I hope you get the migraines sorted out.

SJ, I go to the loo with the sling on all the time. There's no way I'm risking waking J if she's asleep in there!!

Ali, DP is brewing a special birthday beer with his best mate and we are having a party at home. That way we can start in the afternoon for people with kids and then not finish up too late

Tracey- Great to hear from you. I bet the rose is as beautiful as milana
    You would be great at midwifery, definatly go for it but only if your ready.
    Look after yourself xx

laura you spring chicken you!! hope you have a great birhtdya!

meg i hope you get some rest today, hubbys dont always understand we still have to ffunction the next day!

nai what movie were you going to see?? mmmmmm birthday beer....

we actually had a good night millie has done the same feeds the past 4 nights now, up at 7pm-ish feed, top up again at 8pm and down, feed around 2am, 5am them 8am, even sophie slept til 7.20am this morning!!

i have my 6 week ck today at 5 weeks as my midwife is working today!

oh how i envy you ajp for having such a great gap.

Tracey - i donr know you, but i wanted to say how sorry i am for your loss.

nai = maybe another day for the movies.

Tracey- Its nice to hear from you, I think about you and wonder how you are doing. great to hear the rose is blossoming. Good luck with the midwifery, be good for you to have something to work towards and achieve, hopefully they'll see you are already a doula and accept you knowing you already have an interest in the area.

AJP- Lets hope Millie keeps going in a nice pattern like that.

Nai and Meg- Sorry to hear you had crappy nights, mine wasn't all that great either, we had stuffy nose problem again so she could't breathe properly and kept chocking on snot or something.

Laura- yay on the sunday job, be great for you to have that position plus extra income coming in again will be great, congrats!

Det- No not going to the footscray meet, bit too far for me to travel atm. Hope you sort out those migraines.

Heaven- things still going well feeding off the left side? yay on not having to express anymore!

I finally went down to family assistance this morn to get my form in, woohoo. Went to target to get clothes for Ash and seriously you don't get much for your money these days and that was after 20% off they had! Thank god I had another girl, will save me money with handing down clothes!

Hey chatterboxes!!

Ali - glad you're feeling better hun. Could A have whatever you had and be unsettled? Have you got a sling? Hope you're having a better afternoon.
    Nai - I didn't put anything on my legs - wasn't in any fit state to do anything but feed Mr. J the first 48-72 hours after birth. It could be a reaction to something I guess - Ali mentioned medication but I was only on pain killers. Perhaps I am allergic to hospitals?? Never liked them much
    AJP - Happy Anniversay darl! Hope you and your DH get some time to yourselves today.
    Shell - Yay on starting your own mothers group! All that chocolate sounds good too.
    Holly - Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight hun.
    Meg - Yay on getting the Zantac medication! I hope it works and you have a more settled bub soon.
    SJ - Yay on feeding on the left side! Well done! Holding Mr. J's head to stop him pulling back seems to be working for me and my left side is slowly healing (and much less painful) too.
    Laura - Yay on the management role. Great news hun. Keep going with the feeding - it's good your supply has started to increase already.

Tracey - Good to hear from you hun. I'm glad the rose is flowering already. I think of you often. Good luck with the midwifery application - you'd be an awesome midwife

AFM - Mr. J had his newborn hearing test this morning and he passed! He tends to settle really well in the mornings and then the afternoon/evenings he is unsettled and not sleeping well between feeds which sucks cause that's when I need a sleep. DP is still home and has been excellent at settling him - no idea what I'll do when he goes back to work and I have to settle by myself - Mr. J tends to get worked up with me. I think because I am the feeding bbie machine!!

Really quick one from me. I will bbl to write more and do some personals but I have been reading a great book called Baby Bliss by Jo Ryan. It has great info on sleeping, settling and establishing routines for your baby without being rigid.
    Its an easy read as well and got great tips.

Be back soon.

Had my other mums group today, the one from when I had Ash so keeps Ash entertained for the whole afternoon!

Ali- I've not heard of that book, will have to check out local library.

Kaz- when Em had that hearing test and they ask any family history had to tell them about Dfs selective hearing, lol.
    When does your hubby go back to work? If you feel anxious about settling maybe J picks up on it?

will catch up later when the house is quiet lol
    just wanted to tell you all i went to the gym tonight!!!! woot!!!

No chance of me catching up...tis all a blur...but I've checked my emails...and upset my family by banning them all from visiting because my brother has gastro....another BIG day!!!

ellie id ban them too hun !

laura yay ont he gym!!

ali glad the book is helping!!

shell love the selective hearing comment!!! wish id tought of that one myself

kaz millie is more unsettled during the arvo too, glad j passed his test! hoe cute do they look with the war muffs on!!

meg how is the zantac going??

we had a great night last night! down at 10 as i was at a tupperwear party, only up once at 2.45am them 7am!! woot pity i still feel zonked!!

Jols, we had a good night as well.
    Down at 10:30, up at 3:30 and then 7. Now DD is just trying to fight sleep by squirming in her tight wrap (which she always manages to get loose). Lets hope she settles and sleeps as I still feel zonked as well. Hope the tuperware party was good. I have a brochure here but I do find it quite expensive.

Shell - that's a good point about my anxiety. I have settled him a few times but I really believe that DP is much better at it. He disagrees but he's had more practice too. I need to change my outlook there I think. I do try to stay relaxed.
    Ellie - I would have banned them too. Anika is too young to cope with gastro!
    Laura - on getting to the gym. I just cancelled my membership because I haven't been in months and after the c-section it might be a while before I could return. Good on you!!
    Ali - Hi darl! Glad you had a better night last night.

AFM - Girls you are going to HATE me!! After feeding every 2 hours from mid afternoon and all evening last night (geez my bbies hurt!) Mr. J. slep last night from 12:30am to 7am!! Not sure that's normal at only 2 weeks old. I woke up this morning and was too scared to get up and check him - I lay there petrified for about a minute until I heard him breathe! He's having a bit of an usettled morning now but I feel great with over 6 hours sleep under my belt.

We've got friends coming over - we hardly ever see them and they're in the area for a holiday. Got three boys under 5 or 6 years old and the middle child is phobic of dogs. We are not kicking our dog out of the house for them though because she's still getting used to Mr. J and we don't want her to blame him. She is quite anxious. We have bones to lure her outside but she's not getting shut out there. Its so hard - the needs of a small boy versus our need to keep the dog calm about Mr. J. These are the first visitors we've had to the house since we came home from hossy.

Hi girls,

Pretty sure Leon has a bit of colic & reflux, not sure how bad it is or what is "normal" but we have a paed appointment tomorrow so see what he says. Poor baby is always struggling with something, trying to fart or burp and regurgitating milk. He just looks so miserable and must be exhausted as he hardly gets any sleep.

Ali, I remember you asked about whether the stuffy nose and sniffles occus only during feeds. I paid extra attention and noticed that they do happen mostly during and straight after a feed so I'm glad that's normal!

Sorry for selfish post, just feeling down and want my baby to be happy and comfortable.

Oh and he's 1 month today!

I'll try catch up later.

Hi all

Sooo much to catch up on, you all chatter too much!!

Ali, sounds like A was great for you last night, let's hope it continues! Might need to go look for Baby Bliss...

AJP - hope you didn't go too crazy at the party - it is so easy to spend more than you intend on the Wares of the Tupper!!!!!

Ellie, hope DD hasn't picked anything up from the fam.

Laura, yay for going to the gym! That's good work.

Shell, lol @ the selective hearing test!

Kaz - have fun with your friends!! So jealous of your 6hr stint. That is fantastic. The best Isabel has given us is 5hrs... not too bad.

Holly - I hear ya on wanting your baby to feel better. It is so hard when they are miserable. When Isabel is screaming on my shoulder, she takes a break and looks at me and looks so miserable... I just want to take all the pain away.

I started writing this post at about 9am... it is now 12.50pm... sigh!

Well after my glowing post about how good Isabel had been, the last few days she has been very unsettled during the day - yesterday she only slept for about two hours all up between 9am and 9pm.

My friend the MCHN tells me to be patient and that in "a few weeks" she will be a new baby. I know that this is probably one of the toughest patches (Det? AJP, shell? Correct me if I am wrong) - the lead up to the 6-8wk mark, but it is so hard when she just cries and cries and cries.

Yesterday was tough - I even put her in the car in the morning and then took her down the street in the pram in the arvo to try and settle her and she would only sleep for half an hour then wake and start crying again.

We had our usual Tuesday night gathering at our house and she cried the whole time, until about 9.30pm when she finally settled. Even over night she woke at about 2.45am and then didn't settle until close to 5am. I am exhausted today - thankfully DH has taken the day off work to do admin so he is relieving some of the pressure.

Its just a phase. This will pass.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast