Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

Hi girls.
    Thankyou so so much for all your kind words and thoughts!
    We are home, still with no answers.
    will pop back later to fill you all in

Hi girls, still no word from Laura, I am hoping all is okay. Hope you are all well. I had a quick read but having a clingy baby today. It has already taken me 20minutes to write this much but am going to make a big effort!

Kaz-
    Jacob is super cute! Glad things are getting better and you are getting out more. It makes life more normal when you can get out of the house. Hope the weigh on goes well. Remember like the other girls said as long as he is happy and growing dont worry. Everyone goes at different weights and even the MCHN said to me she hates the charts as they are so out dated and not accurate at all. Plenty of pooey and wet nappies is a good sign.
    Nai- hope today is better. What a shocker.
    OP- Sounds like last night was a great night. I have noticed pumpkin patch clothes are smaller in sizing compared to other brands (they are also more expensive ) When do we get to see a photo of little Issy?
    Mhami- I am planing on doing the movie thing next week with a gf and our babies. WE figure if its really painful we will just walk out. Let us know how it goes.
    Heaven- Have you got her in with you? Co-sleeping might help for a while? Also check that she isnt getting cold, I have found since rugging DD up with 3 layers at night she stays asleep longer. She wears a singlet, a short sleeve suit and a wondersuit with mittens on! hehehe She isnt overheated as sometimes her hands still feel cool but it is definitely helping.
    Amy- What a great sleep little Heidi had! Good to hear from you.
    Meggie- How did you go last night with sleep? I found after Ash had that one great night I feel so much better. She hasnt done it again but geez it was good. Hope your kiddies cooperate and give you a night of sleep (at least one big stretch anyway)!
    Shell- You poor thing. It must be hard with everything going on with the family. Just vent everything of us. You know we are all here for you.
    Det- thanks for the heads up on the teething beads. How gorgeous that you got some too! Love it! I am going to go check out those sites so that I can order some so we both have some ready to go!
    Jols- Hows things going? DP had one night with George Foreman and then realised he was no good as well so he has been moved to the garage to collect dust as I have no room for him in the kitchen! LOL!
    Holly- How is our little Leon doing?
    Tarkine- How are you doing? I cant see back to your post but thinking of you.
    I cant see any further back. But hi to everyone else.

AFM- Had a few busy days, but i love getting out of the house with DD as it makes my days go quicker. DD is interacting more and more everyday and she is loving her playmat now. I have it in the portacot though so the dogs dont come and steal her toys. Hugs to you all

Oo Laura, you posted! I am glad you are home and Bella is okay. Do you have to go back for any testing?? Maz Pm'd me her number to pass on to you. I will PM you it now. xo

Laura, how scary! Hope you get some answers. I really need to do a first aid and CPR course.

L is the same...not better but not worse. MIL is here atm, just for the night (every wed she stays) it's such a relief! We get along well, but she does do some things differently, but really...I don't care right now, as long as I get some free time! She has raised 4 boys so I trust her lol.

ANyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi...will try and do personals tomorrow . Bed time now xox

Just a quickie- doing paperwork AGAIN! GRRR

so glad that you are home laura- hope things are OK - mwah

levi's cheeks are glowing in the dark tonite they are so red from teething- lol - they are not bothering him- but sucking on his fist and my bbs heaps OUCH!
    He is zzzz so no pain phew

oops busted not doing paperwork by DH
    back to it

Jacob gained 330g in 2 weeks which I'm happy with because I was hardly topping him up at all - especially the first week. I don't think he'll ever be a kid that puts on 250g a week.

Speaking of weight gain, does anyone else get crazy hungry after night feeds? I have been staying awake longer than I need to in the middle of the night to eat something after feeding Jacob. I'm thinking it might benefit my weight loss ambitions if I skip this extra snack!

Morning all.
    Ok, can't write much for fear of waking DD who's in the HAB.
    I was meant to go to meet some BB friends today but after dropping DH at the bus stop so I could have the car and DD screaming the whole way home I decided I couldn't go. It would be a 50min drive there and I don't think I could cope. I ended up crying this morning and it was only a 20min round trip!! I will never get out.
    So, went to get DD weighed instead and she's now 5.53kg, put on 800 and something grams in 4wks so pretty good. She's 75-90th percentile for everything and has grown 7cms since birth!

Ali- thanks, I dressed DD warmer last night and she slept longer! A good sleep actually, I feel rested! And no resettling!
    Kaz- gorgeous pic!
    det- aww.... poor lil man, i didn't know they got teeth so early! Ouch, does BF hurt?
    Holly- yay for MIL, must be good having some help!

ahh......who else, I can't remember...

Nai
    - hello!!
    OP- hope she had another good night!!

That's all I can remember!!
    Oh and of course laura, thinking of you!!

I think one of the reasons DD hasn't been sleeping as good the last couple of nights is coz my milk supply might have dropped a bit, my boobs were feeling soft and pretty empty all the time which is unusual coz they normal feel a bit full between feeds. I thought it was just that they were finally settling down, lol, but then realised I hadn't been drinking much water. Yesterday I remembered to drink lots of water and I was leaking all over the place!! Made such a difference, and she slept well!!

kaz great weight gain hun!!!!! i too get hungry during the nightm iwas eating a muffin at 1am the othernight!!

laura any updates???

sara great weight gain too hun!! have youtried music in the car?

AJP- yep tried music, didn't do anything, she prob couldn't hear it she was screaming so loud!! lol

I am starving in the night too!!!!! I think it's the BF, I'm just always hungry and I've lost heaps of weight, except for this stupid flabby belly!!!! argh!!!!!!!

SJ - sorry you had a rough morning mate I know exactly how you feel. It's hard to get out when they feed so often and get so unsettled easily. I was feeling trapped for a long time and still do somedays. It will get easier!!

Yay on your weight loss!! I think the only weight I have lost was baby and amniotic fluid!

Oh gotta go, Js awake. Actually I don't think he slept since the last feed. We're feeding every 2 hours this afternoon.

I'm with you girls on the not sleeping. E has slept about an hour up all day today, and yesterday. Last night she slept from 8 till 3am, then woke at 4:30 am with terrible wind and wound up in bed with us as it was so cold.

I try and resettle over and over to no avail. How long can I keep resettling her!!?? My poor little boy misses out as I am in her room trying to get her to sleep. As soon as I pick her up she is immediately happy and smiles etc. So I dunno !?

Holly hang in there mate.

SJ - I am sorry that you have been upset. I hope you have had a better afternoon.

Kaz - 2 hourly! So your little one is not sleeping much either!!

We are catching the train into the city tomorrow. To go pick my mothers day gift. Then DH is going to the footy and I will come home with the cranky overtired kidlets!!! I go insane sitting at home for days trying the settling and resettling. Today I made a referral to North Park Private. I was in there when J was born for PND ( Some of you may know that when I had DS, my hubby broke his neck - so that played a large part) Anyway North Park also is a sleep school. I need to be in a different environment where I can focus on the sleep issue and not have to worry about DS.

Ok gonna go. E had a 40 min sleep on DH. Basically the only way she will sleep!!

Meg- Hope the sleep school gives you good help, ikwym about trying to settle with another child, its so hard cause you feel most day is spent settling and then when does the toddler get yr time? I've just had to have the bassinet in the lounge with us in the day and using the dummy alot otherwise I'd never get away. A friend mine just did a day sleep school and said it was really helpful for her. They really enc black out blinds.

SJ- Might have to drink more water, I been feeling empty too. Thank god for HAB I use mine too but at least once Em is asleep she doesn't mind me sitting down. Will she take a dummy?

Kaz- Thats a fantastic weight gain, you must be feeling so happy bout that. Looks like things are going well feeding wise.

Ali- I'm the same love getting out of the house, feel better too just getting out rather than sitting home and stressing bout housework or settling babies etc.

Laura- How is Bella? Have they done any scans/ tests? I hope they're going to keep looking into it and not give you brush off.

OP- FIL doing ok, he says he is feeling better, had chronic constipation which they finally cleared so can imagine that'd make him feel heaps better.

mhami- so what movie did you get to see?

Not all that much happening here. Df and I put together a tv cabinet last night and altho its a crappy job to do it was actually really nice spending time with him doing something together, made us realise that we don't do it enuff, by time kids are settled in bed we pretty much just watch bit tv and go sleep. Think we really need to get someone over just for couple hours so we can go out dinner just the 2 of us.

Meg - I'll wave to you tomorrow (your train goes past my house) I hope you have fun in the city!

SJ, I think I need to drink more water too

Kaz, I'm the same as you with the weight loss (or lack of it). I hope J settles better for you tonight

After a few bad sleep days Miss J slept from 7.30pm to 5am straight last night! And has proceeded to sleep pretty much all day and is now asleep in her bassinette - freaky! The only thing different is that she seems to have found her thumb and has been trying to suck it off her hand all day. I don't really want to encourage it but it seems to be settling her as she won't take a dummy - plus she can't lose it when it falls out

Ok quick update -
    We stayed the night in hospital and OF COURSE nothing happened whilst we were there!!
    Although overnight her HR went down to 64 but they told me that was ok???
    The paed came to see us in the morning and he said 'look i still have no answers for you but i dont think it is epilepsy because when you pick her up the fits stop. IF it WAS epilepsy nothing you could do would stop the fits'
    So i suppose that is a good thing!!!! They are not going to do any tests just yet unless it happens again.
    If it does happen again i have to try and record it so they can see what is going on.

argh i hate not being able to do personals i feel so selfish!!! please dont be angry at me
    *runs and hides*

OMG well the afternoon was worse. Worst thing that has happened since I've had DD. Decided to pick DH up from work so she could have more time getting used to the car. About a 30min trip and she cried for 20mins of it!! I kept thinking, oh she'll stop in a minute, nothing's wrong she's fed, burped, changed. Decided I wouldn't pull over and prolong it, would just try and get there. Well when I got her out her hair was wet from sweat and she was shaking!! She stopped crying when I held her but was still shaking for a few minutes! I burst into tears, it was so awful! And then the rest of the night every time I looked at her I cried again. Poor baby I just kept thinking she was so upset and thinking no one was helping her!! I hope she forgives me! So now I am NEVER going in the car with her by myself for more than 10mins until she grows out of this. It was so awful.

Kaz- lol, I haven't even done anything to lose weight! Really nothing. I think it's just coz I have a big baby and I'm little and she feeds so much she's just sucking everything out of me! lol. Hey, when can we do exercise for our tummy? I think at the hospital they said everything's not all healed up on the inside for 3 months??
    Meg- Hope you have a good time in the city today! I have just given up on trying to get DD to sleep anywhere but the sling during the day. I'm going to try again at 12wks, I don't think she's ready to learn how to sleep by herself longer than 30mins yet!! After 12 wks no more mrs nice mummy, lol.
    shell- She doesn't mind me sitting down, it's just the typing that sometimes wakes her and then I have to get up and go bounce on the fitball again. Right now she is snoring so I'm free to type away! lol. Nope, she's not interested in a dummy! But she has been sucking on her hands lately. It so cute she looks at her hand and concentrates really hard and slowly brings it to her mouth.
    Nai- OMG that is such a good sleep!! I'm so jealous!!
    laura- it must be so scary, I hope they can work out what's going on! Or better yet I hope it just never happens again!!

OMG I definately wasn't drinking enough water, I can't believe how much difference it makes!! My boobs are like rock hard between feeds again now esp at night and I have heaps of milk and making DD choke again, I can't win! lol. She came off just before and it was spraying out everywhere, if someone was sitting next to me they would have been sprayed, lol.

Heaven, I haven't driven by myself with DS yet! It's bad enough with the three of us (DP as well) and DS screams and does the shaking/sweating/gone all red thing. DP will often suggest we just let him "cry it out" but he's not the one sitting in the back with DS red as a beetroot and feeling so helpless! We often have to pull over so we can comfort him and then continue the journey

Laura, it must be so unnerving not knowing what's causing the fits Don't feel like you're being selfish - I hardly ever have time/energy for personals either!

Wow Nai - what a great sleep! I hope it continues for you!

Shell, it's good you get some time with your DP even if it is just watching TV! DP and I don't even share a room anymore and he's in bed by 7pm coz he starts work at 4am

Megie, I hope the sleep school works wonders for you. Have fun in the city

Kaz, great news on the weight gain!

Det, Levi's teething already?! I didn't know it could happen so soon! Eek, not looking forward to all the slobber and grizzling...

Ali, what breed are your dogs? Are they well adjusted and coping with Ash's arrival?

Well, afm...L's weight gain is sort of stablising. He was weighed on Tuesday at the paed and was 5.7kgs and the day before at mothers group I weighed him and he was 5.63kgs, so up 70g overnight...lol it's less than usual anyway! It seems to be slowing down though from the 800 or so gms a fortnight he's been doing. And boy did he have wind last night! It continued into this morning as well, he just kept passing it! Better out then in of course, but I just couldn't believe how much was trapped in his poor belly. Maybe something I ate? I had a quiche and a soy chai latte yesterday and I don't usually have either...

Heaven, I think you asked about vax a page or so back...we have decided not to get pneumoccol because we believe the potential side effects are not worth risking atm. We have a family history on both sides of severe allergies and allergic reactions so to us it isn't worth the risk of having the immunisation. Hep B we don't believe is necessary right now, but of course later down the track we will consider it, and polio we also don't think is necessary considering all the harsh additives that are in the vaccines. Anyway, I don't want to start up a debate and each to their own, but that was our reasoning!
    Last edited by Kailani; May 1st, 2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Haven't finished!

Laura- You poor thing. I cant believe you are having to go through this. Please dont feel guilty for no personals. We arent angry with you and it is hard sometimes we all go through times where we jsut need to get something off our chest and thats what we are all here for
    Heaven- Gracie wont hate you hun THat must have been very stressful for you. I have noticed if the car is hot when we get in even jsut a bit ASh hates it and it is hard once theystart crying, they end up getting in such a state that they dont know what they are crying about anymore. We are driving to Qld next Thurs The only thing that will save us is the fact that I will sit in the back with Ash. I was going to ask you, do you have one of those mirrors that goes on the back window so you can see them? I dont but was thinking of getting one. I have noticed Ash is liking looking in the mirror at herself latel so it might help as a distraction. You could give it a go with Grace.
    Nai- What an awesome sleep! Isnt it funny that after the day you had before they just seem to know you need a break! Like what happened to me on my break down day with George Foreman and then Ash slept through the night. Hope last night was the same for you.
    Shell- A date night sounds good. DP and I need that as well.
    Kaz- Excellent weight gain!!!!! YAY! I am the same with the hungry thing, in fact I am eating all the time! I havent lost any weight except for baby and fluid. I'd hate to think what would happen if I wasnt breastfeeding!
    Holly- good that you have MIL and you get on well. A break for you is exactly what you need hun,
    Det- Can you see any teeth cutting through yet?

AFM- SHocking night last night. Ash didnt go to sleep until 1am!!!! I was so out of patience. She obviously had tummy pains and nothing would soothe her. Ended u putting her bouncer in the middle of the bed and bouncing her while I was laying down as I was so exhausted! I soon heard some little or I should say big rippers come out and she went to sleep until 5am and then 9:30am.
    Gotta go my dog is barking at the fence!!!!!!!!

Laura - thanks for the update. I hope you get some idea of what's causing the fits soon. Take care.

MM - Great idea about sleep school. I'm glad you're booked in. Have fun in the city. If you ever want to meet up in town let me know - it's very easy for us to get there.

Nai - I live in Northcote.

Shellbell3 - Unfortunately we couldn't get our act together to get to the cinema in time. Always the way!

AB - Glad bubs finally got those farts out, but what an endurance test for you!

HollyM and Heaven - it is just terrible when your bubs gets into that state isn't it? I had it at the beauty therapist one day while I was getting my underarms waxed. I cried as well when I picked her up and she was immediately fine - felt like the poor girl was so stressed and I was being selfishly vain. I'm going again this evening to get all my waxing done and I'm leaving Posy at home with DH!

Yesterday we went to see my best friend in the city for lunch. Had a beautiful time lolling around in the Treasury Gardens. Posy started crying in her ergo carrier on the way home so I had to wriggle her onto my boob. She fed all the way home, and continued to while I walked home from the tram stop. Weird sensation!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast