Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

holy cow laura
    that is so scary!!! Take care hun !!! Are they gonna do tests to see what caused the fits?? Man that is scary

shell- a gain is a gain- so well done- as long as she is following her own curve there is no set formula how much they HAVE to put on! You cant force feed her!!LOL and you are doing a great job so keep it going. They only have recommended weight gains for their own guidelines!

Kazz- dunno about your uterus taking 3 months- mine was nearly back to the size of a tennis ball by the time i left hossy and was well back to normal at my 6 week check up. Was he talking about your muscles in your stomach taking the same length of time- i know they can take a while if they have separated baldy. Glad you got out kazz- it does get easier the more you do it!!!

Ali- awesome on the 11 hours -what a champ!

megimott- glad things are going a bit better for you- lol about the co-sleeping- its amazing how different it is from one child to another- what a shame about DH golf weekend NOT! LOL So when do you get to go away for a girls weekend???

Just came back from h/centre- levi has put on 980grams in 4 weeks so doing well with the weight gain- just bought him the next size of nappies up again - the crawlers as he was crapping through the others too quickly- lol my little budda! I dont get too excited about those damm charts as they do too many peoples heads in- they are evil i reckon - the perception is that your success as a mother hinges on those damm charts and that is so wrong!!!! As long as bubs is pooing, happy and putting on weight then that should be a sign that everything is as it should be!

Levi is still teething- red cheeks and plently of drool=- the amber necklace works as it has a checmical in the amber that is released in the body when it is warmed against the skin- the reaction takes the acid out of their wee and drool, and it is an anti-inflamatory so stops their gums from hurting as much. Teething can be HELL- so anything that takes the edge off is a godsend!! I am also wearing mine as well- suppose to help with milk flow - keeping dutcs from blocking etc and a few other things, but ii can remember lol- the amber has to be baltic amber!! If you guys are interested in getting them there are a few websites- one at sunshineandlollipop, amberbebe and ambernecklaces- they are all dot com addresses so go and have a look and read about the there!! I got mine from ambernecklaces and i got the light rainbow coloured ones for levi and myself!

that's about it her- older kids are driving me crazy at the moment- DD is off the planet and DS is so easily inflenced - grrrr- just being silly but it is sending me batty!!! ah well - its a phase!!

hey girls dont every apologies for selfish posts!!! That is what we are here for!! Just let it all out and dont feel bad if you cant do personals- everyone knows what it is like and how precious our time is to just have a min here or there !!! That is why our group is so good- cause we can just say what is happening and know that we support each other- we have been through too much together not to be like this!!!!

mwah for now girls
    take care everyone

Laura - so sorry to hear about little Bella. That must have given you a real fright. Please keep us informed about what's happening.

Det - I agree with you about the charts. Can't stand all that percentile business and I find I am so sensitive about perceptions of me being a 'bad mother'. Like Levi, my bubs also seems to be big for her age. 8 weeks old and over 6 kilos. Everyone is saying she's 'very well covered.' MCHN appointment tomorrow so I'll see then if that's actually the case.

HollyM - how are you and Leon going? How's his tummy? Are you still getting heaps of good support from your family and partner? Thinking of you.

Posy had her vaccinations today and it all seemed to go well. Like the nurse warned, she seems to be completely knocked out. Sleeping all afternoon so far.

Laura - I hope everything is alright. I am thinking of you.

Holly - how are you going with L? Any improvement?

Det - I might check out the amber necklaces for me, and for E. Did you use them for the other two?

Shell - Like det said, a gain is a gain.

Nai - How did j go overnight?

Kaz - I am glad that you have heaps of fam around. I hope they help you out heaps.

Mhami 0 Hi!!

Ali - I am SO envious!

Emilia had her paed appt today. Unfortunately she is going to continue to have a snotty nose, as she has a small nasal passage causing her problems. He thinks it wil ler another couple of months. Poor thing can't sleep properly because of it, so it looks like I am in for a few more months of her not being able to sleep through. So I am able to go and get her immunisations. I just didn't want to do it until I knew that she didn't have problems with her nose. I will take her next week.
    Everything else went pretty well at the paed.
    James has aslo been really well behaved today. I hope it continues and we have a good night. I have had 4 shocking nights in a row now. Emilia has been feeding basically every two hours since 1am today, so lets hope she can manage at least one decent stretch tonight. I dunno - as soon as you think you have them worked out, they go and change

Laura, I hope Bella is ok - that would have been so scary for you!

Megie, poor E (and you) I hope she grows out of it soon.

AFM - I had a good night with Miss J but I have had a shocker of a day! She slept LESS than yesterday and cried and spewed all day. I had to go into work for a few hours and was hoping she would be well behaved - no chance! She was grizzly and cranky for the whole 3 hours Then when I got home DD1 is crying because she has hurt her knee (no idea how and couldn't tell me). My mum has broken the washing machine and the door won't open - it has a load of wet washing inside including nappies. I rang the repair place and they were shut - it was 5.15 and they shut at 5 GRRRR!!! THEN the stupid dog kills a possum in the backyard and is coughing up fur everywhere.

Arrrrgh!! Does somebody want to take my family????

Nai - What a shocker you've had! Tomorrow can't be any worse surely?
    Laura - OMG how scary with Bella. How has she been today? I have heard that fits in young babies is relatively common. What have the hossy told you?
    Shell - Did E grow in length? I was told that sometimes they put their energy into growing taller rather than laying down fat so sometimes the gain is not huge but they grow. Try not to get too stressed about it and remember to look at what she does over a month. I know what it's like to get a small gain and it's hard not to worry. J gets weighed tomorrow and I am for a decent number this time.
    Det - I think my uterus will take it's sweet time because I had a c-sect and polyhydramnios which overstretched it to start with
    mhami - Hi!! Welcome. This is a fab group. Your DD sounds like she is doing really well.
    Meg - glad the paed appt went well but it sucks your DD has problems with her nose. At least she will grow out of it I guess. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. 2 hourly feeding can't last forever surely!!
    OP - How have things been for you and Isabel today darl? I hope she has been more settled and you are getting more sleep.
    Holly - thinking of you and Leon too.

Hi to Ali, AJP, Tarkine, Amy, Tracey, who have I forgotten?

AFM - Jacob has had an awesome day today. He slept in until 8am - going three hours instead of two from the night feed, then he slept from 9-11:30am then from 12:30-1:30pm then from 3-5pm, then from 6-7:30pm and now asleep again since 8:30pm All morning he went straight down without any settling or resettling needed and only minimal settling this afternoon. Can't believe it. Worried we're going to be up all night with him now The feeding seems to have settled a bit too and I haven't topped him up today at all yet. Might after the next feed to try and continue the good run. for the weigh tomorrow. I know I shouldn't get stressed about it but it's hard not to worry when you've had some lower gains.

Off to bed to read until the next feed. Night girls!

HI guys just a quick one on behalf of Laura.

Little Bella is back in hospital again tonight. She had another fit today so is back in hospital. Will keep you updated as I find out more.

Laura- Hoping that everything is going to be okay and know that she is in the best place at the moment to figure that out. Lots of love and hugs to you and your baby girl. xoxo

Oh no ! That is terrible.
    THinking of you and your whole family laura

Oh Laura I hope she is ok - thinking of you and Bella

oh no i hope its nothing serious laura thinking of you

nai hun you have had a bad day just think tomorrow is another day. hope its better for you.

det sounds like levi is doing fantastically!!

meg poor emelia with the nose, what can they do???

kaz sounds like you guys had a great day, remember they more they sleep the more they sleep!!

ali thanks for the update, hows george going

mhami i hope posy is still ok after the vax's

Laura- Did the say what caused it? How bloody scary! Did she get assessed by a neurologist or referred onto one. How is she now, that would've been so horrible to experience.

Nai- What a day, I hope tonight is alot better and tomor improves. Did G go down to sleep ok or her knee still playing up?

Kaz- Thanks, she grown a little more in length its hard not to worry tho! Good luck with yr weigh in tomor. Hope his settled pattern continues.

Meg- As soon as one child gets settled the other plays up! Its like that here most nights either one or the other. Em has had horrible nose for over a week now so I know what you mean by early morn she sounds terrible and starts snorting and coughing.

mhami- Hope Posy is doing ok post Vacs still got get Em's done.

Det- wow teething already, any teething poos? They're terrible. Yeah Em is following along the chart so guess that is good sign. I always stress with BFing cause I just don't know how much she is getting.

After commenting yesterday bout Em being more settled then we had very average night last night and crappola day today. She just seemed miserable.
    I just feel exhausted and down today. I don't like to bother Df too much cause of what he is dealing with with his dad and my family have other issues to deal with so if I didn't have everyone here think I'd have a breakdown.

Oh god I posted before I got that new info, we're all thinking of you Laura and will send prayers Bella's way. I hope it gets sorted, I can't believe they sent you home last night, they should have kept her overnight at least for observations.

Hi Everyone

I've missed you all so much!

Thinking of wee Bella, hope everything is improving Laura.

As for us, we are doing great. I managed to get in and get my hair cut and coloured yesterday so I feel awesome. Then last night Heidi slept 9pm to 6.30am! Oh my god, that was pretty crazy but I sure feel great this morning. She is doing great, she really makes me want to have more babies! Hmmmm we'll see....

Det - I'm thinking of getting one of those amber necklaces sometime, everyone I know swears by them so I reckon it's def worth a try.

Not much else to report, just busy with work and kidlets. You guys know how it is!

I'm off to try and catch up on the thread, catch you all later.

xx

Hello all!! Sorry I haven't posted for a few days!! DD hasn't been sleeping at night much again I'm so tired!! She only sleeps for one 3 hr sleep then a 2 hr sleep then up every hr, wtf!!!!!!!!!! I'm so over it.

Laura- that is so scary, thinking of you.

Sorry girls, will try to keep up but I have her in the HAB and every time I type she squirms around like she's going to wake up, must keep patting!!!!! lol.

Shellbell3 - sounds like you're having a really hard time at the moment. I'm not familiar yet with your family's issues but I hope you have some friends you can turn to. It is amazing how low your mood can get when you're exhausted - and what a good sleep and cry and someone's shoulder can do. Take care of yourself.

Nai - yes - you had an absolute shocker of a day. The washing machine alone would have done me in. Hoping today's better for you

Laura - You're probably not getting any time to get online, but we're all thinking of you and Bella.

Thanks Kaz! Lovely to be here.

MM - Did you sleep last night?

Posy seems fine after a big sleepy day yesterday. Unfortunately I had to wake her up at 5.30 this morning because she didn't have a 10pm feed last night and my boobs were like enormous rocks. Now she's fast asleep again. Might go to a cry baby movie session this morning. Luckily for us we live around the corner from a cinema.

Laura - big to you and your family atm darl. Thinking of you and I hope that Bella is ok. Take care.

Thought it was time I shared a photo of Jacob - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...5&ppuser=12805

Kaz, he's a cutie!

SJ & Amy - great to hear from you!!

Laura, hope everthing is ok with Bella

Mhami, which area of Melb are you? We really should do a Melbourne meet for this group!

AFM - Genevieve's knee seems better after a good sleep. I am thinking it could be growing pains?? Miss J slept ok - she must have been exhausted. She did 2 massive poos (actually make that 3 eeeewwww) so may have been in pain. The wasing machine can't be fixed until Friday so have to use sposies and hand wash until then Grrrr

Hi girls,

Laura - big hugs Hope little Bella is doing ok today and you are coping alright. What a scary time for you.

Nai - you poor thing, what a shocker you had yesterday! Glad the girls seem a bit better - Isabel is shocking when she is working out poos as well! Sucks about the washing machine, sucks about using sposies too.

I think a Melb meet up would be a good idea too!

Kaz - Jacob is definitely a little cutie They are so peaceful when they sleep, aren't they? I'm so glad he's settling a bit better for you during the day, hope last night was good. When is your weigh in today? Hope it all goes well for you.

Mhami - sounds like Posy is going really well!Enjoy the movies. I'm yet to make it to one of those sessions.

SJ - I feel your pain. Sounds like Isabel and Grace are reading the same baby book. Here's hoping it gets better for both of us.

Hey NZ girl! Nice to hear from you! Sounds like everything is going well in your family, that's great.

Shell, I'm glad we can be here for you and help you through. How's your FIL?

Meg - sounds like its going to be a bit rough for you guys for a bit longer. Let us know if there's anything we can do! Would meeting up IRL help?? Get out of the house a bit?

AFM: went shopping yesterday with my mum (I love Doncaster ) so had a pretty good day. Got some more growsuits for the chubba bubba who seems to be outgrowing everything at a rapid rate... she's just fitting into Pumpkin Patch 3-6mths, I bought a grow suit from there and bought 6-12mths!

Came home and did the bath bed boob routine, tried for 7pm put down, she grizzled and cried and cried until we put her back on the boob, did that for about an hour - she drained one side and was giving the other side a good go, until it got to 8pm and I put her down and she went to sleep! Woohoo! She stirred a few times but settled herself back to sleep, DH and I went to bed at about 10pm and she stayed asleep til midnight!

Then she fed, went back to sleep and slept until 4.30am! Unfortunately she woke again at 6am, DH settled her til about 6.30am, fed her again and then she was happy until 9am! She played with Daddy and slept some more.

Really really really really really hoping that her growth spurt/reaction to immunsations/general crabbiness at night time/whatever it was is passing and we are into a better routine.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast