Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

I finally had a night out last night with my friends husband while DP looked after the girls We went to the footy in the vice presidents club at the dome. Friend's DH and I both barrack for North Melb so we always go tot he footy together and another friend has the membership to the VPclub which we got to use. We had yummy food and free drinks so that was good. What wasn't good is that we lost

The girls were very good for DP (damn )

Hi girls,

sorry no time forpersonals. Just letting you know I'm still here but can't get on as often as I'd like! Things aren't going great...not sure what to do anymore as I've tried everything to try and settle L and help his reflux amd colic. He will sleep maybe 2 hours max during the night and then he will grunt and strain and whinge between broken sleep for the rest of the night. During the day...well it's nice to even get him to sleep for 20 minutes.

Also really depressed about my body, speaking of which...
    Just want to lose all the baby fat and fit back into my old clothes

To top off the week, we've had a death in the family which was sort of unexpected. Well he was sick for ages but stable sick if that makes sense...and then he just declined so rapidly and all of a sudden he was tranfered to pallative care and put on morphine and the next day he was gone...

Anyway, hope to pop in again soon. I hope all the bubbas are being good for their mummas! xox

Nai- Not only did you lose you lost to Richmond, lol. Sounds like great night out tho. Lol, I don't mind if they play up a little for DF cause I want him to see realistically what we deal with!

AJP- I'm guessing your a bombers girl then? So is my Df, I'm a sains supporter so our issue is the girls! We always agreed one each, I have Ash and already taught her to say 'Go Saints, Bombers crap".

You girls should've joined the footy tipping comp on here, there is a footy chat in the mens section go join in.

We had good night, Em went til 2 before a feed then 6:30 and got up at 8:50 and Ash is still in bed! I'm thinking I should go get her up. She woke at 7 crying and went back to sleep!

Holly- Sorry to hear about your friend, it is a shock when it suddenly happens quickly like that. Big hugs to you. I wish there was some advice to help you with L. Have you tried a sling in the day? You've prolly tried everything. Maybe having him upright will help him sleep better?

Afternoon girls,

Fun stuff first - go Bombers! Another red and black fan here. We were at my parent's house and from about half time my dad had DD on his chest as she was sleeping, he's a Pies supporter so he kept yelling things and I'd be glaring at him saying "Dad, the baby!" but she kept on sleeping... and then with the last 4 minutes we all started yelling, I was screaming and then we remembered DD and we all looked at her and she's still sleeping! Amazing

Now the not fun stuff - We had a pretty shocking night last night. Plan was to get DD down at 7pm like we've been trying to do, stay at mum and dad's for a bit then head home, rollover feed and then bed.

All went well - we did bath boob bed, she was down by 7pm and quiet for about 15 mins then started crying. And didn't stop until 1am.

Every time we tried to put her down she would scream, with real tears. We tried rocking, holding, cuddling, everything. She'd calm down if someone was holding her, then as soon as we tried to put her down it'd start again. Even the car ride home didn't help.

In the end I stood holding her and rocking, patting and singing lullabyes. It was about 1.15am when I successfully got her down without waking. And then she woke at 4am, fed and back to sleep, then woke at 6am, I told DH she shouldn't need a feed but she had wet thru... so we're changing bedding and nappies, I fed her again and back to sleep. Then she woke again at 7.15 so in desperation we brought her into bed with us, she slept for a bit then woke at 8, more feeding, then DH took her out so I could rest. She wet right through again ( ) so more changing clothes and bedding and then had a sleep at about 10.

I don't know what to do. Surely a growth spurt wouldn't last this long and surely the immunisations would have settled by now? Sigh, I don't know. What do I do? Do we just keep going??

Sorry for lack of personals, I am too tired to focus.

OP - It sounds like she is having an unsettled period in the evening and feeding every 2-3 hours overnight? Is that about right? That sounds a lot like J. Not sure it's growth spurt behaviour but just maybe normal baby behaviour? I know Isabel prolly had a different routine earlier on but they change it up all the time! So going down at 7pm is not really suiting her anymore, much as you'd like her to! You've probably read this as well but babies can have 1-2 unsettled periods a day, 1-2 unsettled days a week and one unsettled week a month I've also been told that when they're unsettled (and not hungry or anything else - so crying without obvious cause), it's their way of seeking interaction with you and the world.

I rang the ABA yesterday about J and was told that it can take 12 weeks for babies to settle into a feeding routine (not the 6 you read about!). What we have tried here recently - last few days - is after the last feed of the night (which is usually between 10-11pm) we top him up with 40-60ml EBM as well. You run the risk of them wetting through, but he has been sleeping until 4-5am and going down straight away. The other thing we do is put him in the sling between the evening feeds whenever he starts to look unsettled or won't go down in his basinette. He doesn't always sleep as well as he does in his basinette (I don't think) but he is settled and dozing at least and DP and I can hold a conversation and get dinner organised.

Look after yourself darl! Try to sleep during the day when she does and rest as much as you can. I find my afternoon nana naps are crucial! They really shorten my days which I don't like but I can't function without them.

Sorry for lack of personals for everyone else - J is waking for a feed but Hi!! Hope you're all having good weekends - bloody freezing here! Will try to BBL for more personals.

Ha, ha it rained on the golf weekend and they had to come home early!

Now I am having troubles with BB tonight, I have read the posts, but I am having to go by memory on what ppl have said and who said what.

Rightly said about the 1-2 unsettled periods info. OP you do have times when the kids go through what you described. I don't know what your thoughts on cosleeping are, but honestly when they are that distressed and unsettled, it usually is a way for them to calm down much quicker. I know you may nit sleep as well, but it works for us here. J never slept in our bed, but I think E has already slept in our bed more than he ever has!!!

Hubby is a north supporter. He took J to the game last week. He too was disappointed with the outcome.

I have a headach, so going to try and catch some zzzzz's before Miss E wakes for her night feed. Last few days it has been 1am and not 3am that she was doing. *sigh*

Hey girls
    OP- sorry that Isabel has been unsettled - perhaps a growth spurt- remember it is a phase!! hang in there- they were the times when i would put a baby in the pram and walk around the lounge room, or drive around the block 30 times, or do laps juggling a child in my arms until i couldnt feel my arms anymore-routine out the window and survival mode!! hang in there

Laura- OMG your piercing looks awesome- good for you!!! i am hanging to get my tatt done but cant until i finish b/feeding apparently. DH is going off to get his soon and i am soo jelous- love body art!

KAzz- you sound a heap more settled now- good for you! Glad things are going well- you go girl!

Holly- sounds like for some action for bubbas reflux and colic- have you been to a pead, what about trying a natropath or osteopath- have heard people get great results from both! Worth a try!!!

Nai- good for you for going out on your own!! Glad you had a good nite. i still havent been out on my own yet- unless you count nipping of to the supermarket for minutes- lol- levi is now just like another appendage to me-he goes out to girls nites out, dinners , hairdressers, everything with me- lol doin it whilst he still is a baby with handles!!

hello to everyone else!!!

AFM
    all going great- levi has been going down around 10.30pm and sleeping through till 4.30ish- ans then straight back to sleep till 8am- then straight back to zzz after school drop off- he is a champ- hopefully he keeps it up, but hit the dreaded 12 weeks tommorow so waiting for it to all change . . . fingers crossed. Levi has also started dribbling heaps and gnawing on anything that is put near his mouth- so on went the amber necklace on Friday. His cheecks are a nice red colour as well, but he is not in any discomfort- hopefully it keeps nice and calm! I also got an amber necklace for me as well- so we are matching lol

Had a picnic today for twins club- it was cold and wet so we didnt last ling- but at least we went- it was such a shame as it was at the train park and they had bbq, facepainters and games organised- ah well last year it took us all our effort not to get sunburt- such a difference.

Got some contact lenses again on friday- the ones that you leave in for 30days at a time- they are really comfy to wear, but still getting use to them- things keep going blurry and then ok again- so think my eyes keep drying out. Hated wearing glasses when bubs get big enought to start pulling them off your face- they destroy them soo quckly- so contacts are a great alternative. see how i go

DH not home till late everynite this week so gotta get super organised at nite- let the fun begin. . . .

mwah and hugs to all

Okay will write personals later but...............

DD slept from 8:30pm until 7:30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wopping 11hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes up from the all of 30minutes she slept during the day yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at 5:30am in a panic and had to put my hand on her chest to feel her breathing!!!

woohoo Ali!!!!

I hope you got a decent sleep too!

sorry got some serious sidetracking going on here at the mo... been a bad forum buddy...

will catch up with you all later.. maybe.

Take care have fun

AJP - well done for getting your girls into bed on your own!
    Nai - whoohoo on a night out! can't imagine what that would feel like anymore
    Holly - I'm sorry you guys are still struggling with L's feeding/wind etc. It must be so hard to see him constantly uncomfortable and not sleeping well. My condolences for your family member too darl. I'm sorry for your loss. It's worse when it's unexpected. Take care.
    Shell - at your daughter saying "bombers crap" !!!
    Laura - that piercing looks amazing! How are the Guides going?
    Odette - Sorry for my ignorance but what are the amber necklaces for? sounds like Levi might be teething???
    Ali - on the big sleep! My heart would have stopped too. I hope you made the most of it. You must feel like a new woman!
    Tarkine - I hope all is OK for you. Just drop in when you can.

AFM - Have had a pretty big week last week with the trip away for the funeral, then MIL staying, then sister staying. It's good to have some relatively quiet time again. Went food shopping today with J in the sling so drove the car for the second time since he was born. I second all the unhappy body-image comments. I am still in mat clothes and my normal ones don't seem to fit Doc told me my uterus will take three months to return to its previous size

Grrrr!! Miss J is doing my head in - she just will not sleep today. She has had about 5 catnaps and is as cranky as anything. She has also been more chucky than mormal so that might be related. All she wants to do is cuddle me and if I put her down to do anything she screams

Also I seem to have hurt my back - no idea how but it just started hurting last night so have been taking pain killers for that so putting her in the sling isn't really an option.

I have to take her in to work with me tomorrow for a couple of hours to actually do some work so I need her to be cooperative - what are my chances do you think? I think it will be a disaster!

Went to MCHN today, Em put on 140g over 2 weeks she said it was ok but I don't think it looked that great, but I guess she looks healthy and happy so who knows. I feel things are settling now too in just our day to day business, not so windy or grizzly.

Nai- has she settled for you yet? I hate days like that, i'm sure when you take her into work everyone will be passing her around cuddling her you won't have to worry.

BBL with more Em has cracked it after being so sound asleep!

Sorry girls im doing a rather selfish post... again
    We just got home from the hospital, Bella gave us quite a scare tonight.
    She had 2 fits.. one after the other.
    She was just laying on the floor kicking and moving as she usually does, then all off a sudden she looked at me her arms shot straight out beside her and she went stiff and started shaking, her eyes rolled into the back of her head, she stopped breathing and started to turn blueish.... it only lasted about 10 sec then she just came to and started screaming....
    then about 30 sec later she did the exact same thing!!!!!
    I have never been so scared in my life.
    She is ok at the moment i just have to keep an eye on her.

holy cow laura thats scary ! what did they say was the cause??

BBL for more, meeting with the bank this morning!!

Laura omgoodness!

I hope little Bella is okay and you can get some answers

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast