Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #3

This one is probably better:
    http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...t=MOV05629.flv

Snowy

Snowy - so wonderful that you will be here soon - and basking in the endless Manly sunshine.

Bummer about the Nanny. You could always get one when you are here, even if its for a few days a week so you can get out and enjoy yourself with your girlfriend (not that you cant with kids but you know what I mean)

I'm in the office today working. So many clients wanted me to come back that I have for a day and its really fun. Its nice that Allegra gets to be with her grandmothers.

By the way, I'm doing research for a childrens book for a client. If you were to buy a 'parenting' book what kind of stuff would you like to see in it?

Thanks gorgeous ones!

snowy - SOOOOOOO CUTE! Thank you for sharing that with us! I will have to look into uploading videos of Ben.. Might be good for the family back home. I envy you, I wish i could go back home, but i have to wait until next year, we really cant afford it just now, especially with Christmas a few weeks away. huge bummer about the floors , i hope it all turns out ok for you!

Went to toys-R-Us last night. they have a sale on, buy 3, pay for 2 for certain brands (fisher price, Chicco)... So we got some great stuff for ben. In-laws asked what to get Ben, so i said a bobby car would be ok, they gave me the money to get it for them last night, I'm happy, we found a fantastic one that he can use from now (well, christmas anyway). also got a few other things, and BIL bought Ben a high chair, which was nice of him. We had one, but i hated it, it was given to us, but is very old and horrible and i refused to sit ben in it. ANYWAY, i had fun playing with all the toys.

Teena - i will think about that book question, i have quite a few parenting books (well, baby books), which all come in handy. Do you mean a parenting book for younger babies, or older children/teenagers?

Ben is still gong well. He is growing soooo fast! im still trying to get him to say "mama", but he loves making "p" and "ffff" sounds, and i havent heard him make the "mmm" sounds yet. what sounds are your babies making, do they have a favourite sound that they make?

ben still isnt sitting up properly by himself. which, to me, is strange. He crawls (well, commando mostley), but doesnt seem to be interested in sitting. the physio said not to worry about it, or force him to sit, he will do it himself when he is ready. hmmm.

Take care everyone

Teena - that must be nice to have your clients wanting your back. And I find it nice to have a break from just being a mom. I really enjoy doing some work for our business. re. the baby book... well, for me the perfect parenting book is "Baby Love" - it's really good. It has the medical stuff covered, it goes through developmental phases etc. it presents the options rather than preach one way and is never condescending.

Katie - maybe Ben's stomach muscles are just not strong enough yet. Zara sat really early but I think it's because she is so thin - less weight to hold up with your stomach muscles . Yes, it's a great way of sharing stuff with the family in Oz... if you email it, it's always so huge and takes ages to download sometimes. Hosting it on a website is really easy and so much easier to just email a link rather than attaching it as the movies often turn out to be quite a few megabite.

Well, what's to report. Not much - still one tooth only, still bum shuffling... she is getting cuter by the day I reckon... but then again I am biased

Snowy

YOU CHEEKY WOMAN! happy birthday for the 2nd snowy. There is a post in "messages for other members" or whatever its called.. "happy birthday Snowgirl" maybe you havent seen it? should have said it was ur birthday!

Hi guys, sorry it's been AGES since I have been in - been so busy sorry!

Bonnie is goign good -she's trying desperately to crawl, but loves to stand and 'walk' while you hold her hands. She says da-da, na-na and lots of weird sounds. She has been on solids since 6 months, never been a fan, until the other day when I tried tinned stuff! I should have tried earlier!

It is such a gorgeous age, she's so giggly and loves to play with all of her toys which is lovely.
    She's still not doing great with her sleep over night, wakes a fair bit, and usually feeds once. Who knows what else to try!? At least her day sleeps are good.

She now weighs 8.4kg and is about 70cm long.

Sorry this is so short, the dishes are calling me!!

xx

Hey Apple, its really nice to hear from you! They are at a gorgeous age arent they? I remember strangers telling me when Ben was a tiny tiny baby "this is the best age, isnt it?"... Now i think i might be almost bored with the next baby "hurry up and grow so we can play!". i'm not too sure what you can try with Bonnies sleeping, It just kinda just happened with Ben. Maybe a bath and massage before bed? What time does she go down normally? I give Ben a massage with baby oil after his bath, and then he goes down to sleep in the afternoon for hours.

Dh and I were looking for a baby seat, next stage up. we ended up going to the baby shop last night to have a look. We chose one, but When we went to pay for it, they wouldnt accept our card and were quite rude about it (they only just opened, and were very busy), so we left smiling, knowing that they just lost a customer.. So we looked online for a while and found the exact same one for only 130 ($214), not 170 ($280). So we saved a heap of money. We bought a Maxi-Cosi XP Priori. I don't know if you get them in Oz... Snowy, you will know what it is. Ben looked so proud to be sitting in a big seat! Will be sad to put away the seat he has now though. .. I get so attatched to all of Bens things.

Today we are off to a christening (the baby i was looking after). I'm the Godmother. Not too happy about it though, i was kind of forced into it... But that's a different story.

I hope this post finds you all well.

Apple - i think warm bath with lavender or camomile (sorry bout spelling) before a warm bottle then bed seems to work well. how do you bath bonnie? have you tried filling the large bath with just a couple of inches of water and then let her ly in it. i found with both zara and aiden they loved the freedom and went nuts which completely wore them out. also do you have a cd player in her room? try a relaxing cd playing quietly all night so if she wakes she might just ly their and listen and drop off herself. also cot toys are great...zara use to wake at around 4am have a quick play and them back to sleep. i never got up to her. i hope this helps a little.
    kaydee - congrats on the new seat ben must be so proud of himself...its soooo sad how quick they grow!
    happy birthday snowy! cute video!

take care narelle

Happy Birthday Snowy!!! You sly ole girl.. you should have mentioned it was your big day!
    Hope the day was filled with lots of pressies and cuddles and kisses.
    Apple - good to hear from you. Bonnie sure is a gorgeous bub! Such a pretty little thing. Sleep, hmmm I dont know. I have just let Allegra cry in the past and it did work for us and we were happy to let her cry. Not sure if you would do it or have tried it in the past but it did have its use with us.
    Quick hello to Narelle too and Nadine if she is about

Happy (belated) Birthday Snowy

Hello girls,

first of all: thanks for the wishes, but it wasn't my birthday. I don't know what happend - maybe something went wrong when they migrated the forum... my birthday is in June (and thank god that's 7.5 months away ... not too keen for my next birthday.. I'd like to stay this age...)

Katie - yes, we have the Priori for Wolf but I think we might get the Tobi for Zara (latest one from Maxi Cosi). For Australia we just bought the Hipod Madrid. They screwed up at Target and gave FIL a 40% discount (apparently buying 2 car seats at 20% discount added up to 40% on both, lol). He just took it... So that was a bargain!

Emma - good to hear from you again. Our group is so quiet - but that's quite fine by me since I don't go online that much either.

Did I mention our nanny is leaving? She wants to go back to London. We are very sad but hey... what can you do. Didn't want to keep her here unhappy. (she would have stayed and wouldn't have said anything but I just could tell she wasn't happy, especially after she went on a weekened trip to London, so I addressed it and she admitted to being homesick for London). So we had to cancel the Oz ticket for her. the ILs will be happy now that she's not coming... let's see how much they will chip in...

We are going to Gymboree twice a week with each kid, and Wolf will go to pre-school from 1 February. We have spend the last few days checking out schools/kindergartens and we found one that takes kids from 2 that is "okay" and a school (3-13 years of age) that we LOVE that he will go to afterwards. I think he will love it. The school is so lovely and bright and friendly and the teachers are all so friendly ... I am so happy. So that will make things easier with Wolf being at pre-school in the mornings. Now I just need to fill the afternoons with activities and we're set.

We've got some lovely neighbours here with kids between 0 (2 actually due in the next 5 weeks) and 3. All expats and so very open and keen to meet others. Very nice. I think it was a great move to come here. I have met more people herei n 5 weeks than in 13 months in London.

Not long now until we go to Oz! Woohoo!!

Snowy

PS
    I have linked the photobucket now to my profile as homepage, so you can check out more photos - recent ones from our trip up the Titlis mountain and to Milan and all the videos of Zara bum shuffling

oh Snowy, I was drooling at the Tobi, but it was too expensive for us... So we settled for the Priori. lol at the 40% mix up too.

At the moment im packing up the house for the "big" move (its only a few blocks away, haha). We dont have much stuff, as i tend to avoid spending money on household things, HOPING we will be moving back home soon. We are moving around the 25th November. Im stressing out Dh will be too busy to organize all the important things that i can't do myself..

Ben is fantastic, his favourite sound SOUNDS like dada.. and he shakes his head in a "no" motion alot, just playing with us. The other day the cashier (spelling?) at the supermarket commented on what a good looking baby i have, that was really nice. Then the old man behind me started going on about the stories where you hear babies being killed by their parents (omg, you have no idea how much i hear about that). I mean, yes, of course it's sad, but what a horrid way to change the mood of the conversation.

Gotta go keep packing.

Time for a new thread

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678