Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #4

mbear - great point bout the in-laws! ive said just that bout them missing out now but never had i though that its the kids who won't want to see them in the future. i had a great relationship with one set of my grandparents and couldnt wait to see them but they other set, mainly my nana (oh and they lived across the road), i rarely saw her. I saw my pa heaps cause he's come over to our place my not her. tell me why do some people act this way? i thought having grandchildren would be a joy? somepeople just can't help themselves hey!

teena - sorry but happy late 30th...ive been meaning to post it the last couple of times and keep forgetting!

thanks everyone for reassuring me that i wasnt being selfish bout the inlaws. turns out the other day MIL called Dh and asked if we wanted to come over to their house after the Zoo on Ben's birthday for coffee and cake. I said to Dh no way. I explained that i wanted to avoid having to "host" so i could enjoy the day with my son and not worry about anything. And Ben is my son, not hers, there is no way im letting her take over.
    THEN after a big confusing "what the heck do we do" converstation we got nowhere. THEN I said that a few family and friends can come over after the zoo for a little party. BUT dh told MIL that we agreed not to go the the zoo at all, and just have people over at our house. aghhhhhh! It's just that, Ben is at home every day, and i wanted to go out and do something different for his birthday, so that we will remember it... I'm annoyed, but what can i do. It's not about me, It's about Ben.

Ben is going well, still only walking with his walker, but he is so fast! I cant wait till he can walk not holding onto anything. Nadine, like you, i just dont want to have to carry Ben everywhere! and the shoes part im looking forward to aswell!

Today we are going to see a parade, Im looking forward to it, its nice and sunny today.

All our babies are 1 now (and i know this, because Ben was the LAST to arrive!!)! That's amazing! Happy birthday to all bubbas, and i hope you ALL had a wonderful birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL BABIES. Hope you all had a fantastic birthday

Well after all the excitement about shoe shopping, Kayla hates shoes. Not adult ones but ones for her. She won't go near the ones we have here. We haven't bought any yet, they were hand me downs. They have velcro fastening so maybe it is the noise but then I am not sure. She doesn't mind the velcro on her toys etc...........

Anyway, another hurdle to overcome.

The other hurdle is cows milk. She won't take to it either. So MCHN has given me sachets of follow on formula from Heinz to use in the meantime. I didn't think she would like it because she is on Nan, but to my suprise SHE TOOK IT. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

MCHN weighed and measured her when we were there. She is now 81cm (only grew 1 cm in the last 5wks, thank goodness) and weighs 11.1kg.

Kayla has her immunisations tomorrow. So not really looking forward to that. The good thing though is that my GP gets a nurse in to help her. So they both do a needle in each leg at once. I think the 12mth needles are 3 though???? So she will have to get jabbed twice (better then three times though).

So when is everyone TTC again (if you are)????? (That excludes you Mbear )

nadine - have you tried 3/4 formula 1/4 milk for a few days, then 1/2 and 1/2 for a few days and 1/4 formula 3/4 milk and then full milk. this is how i did it with both zara and aiden because they wouldn't have it otherwise and it worked a treat

aiden is 82cm and 12.4kg and had no worries with needles...just a quick cry when he got jabbed and yes it's 3, one in each arm and then one in leg!!!!

TTC #3 at present...just got the final ok back from my gyno so now im full steam ahead...but i don't really want to concieve until june or after...i don't was a xmas or new year bub!

happy birthday to all feb bubs...

Yes, all our babies are one now....how time flies.

Sophie is going for her shots tomorrow too - yes nadine, its 3 shots. Im not looking forward to it either. Her little face is just going to crumble. Ive got DD#1 this year too (4 year old shots), i think that might be a wee bit worse.

Nadine, have you tried the soft shoes.....??? they dont have a hard soul. Is she walking yet? Sophie got some osh kosh ones for xmas. She wears them all the time. She's not walking yet, but i did try some velcro hand me downs on her today, and she finched and squealed also when i popped them on her feet.....she couldnt crawl with them on either. So i will just stick to the soft ones.

Kaydee - ben looks so big in your ticker.

Hi to everyone else....

Hello everyone!

WOW how big are everyone's babies! Zara is tiny compared to that! And there I was thinking she is tall for her age. Zara was measured and weighed one day before her birthday and measured 76cm and weighed 8.69kg. It still makes her borderline underweight but there is not much I can do. She eats like a horse and still has a bottle at night of 240ml but she just doesn't put on weight. I will keep her on formula for another year I think. I switched Wolf on his 1st birthday straight to cows milk in a glass cause he was always solid, but with that skinny little princess I would feel bad to do so.

Well, we had a quiet birthday with just my parents. We were going to have my sister-in-law over with her kids (or alternatively go to their place) but she was having contractions and ended up in hospital that night. She didn't have the baby until yesterday though. (Lucky... I would have felt bad for Zara if she had to share her birthday with her cousin - that would have been one endless debate about where the grandparents had to go each year on the 23rd)

Zara is walking lots but I haven't bought "proper" shoes. I bought her some boots with a rubber sole seeing that it's pouring rain here and the soft shoes she had got soaking wet in this weather. She loves her shoes. I think we will go get her some real shoes soon. Maybe when Nonno is here (DH's dad) as he also was there for Wolf's first pair of shoes. Might be a nice sentiment.

We have just been so unlucky healthwise lately. After both the kids had tonsillitis in Australia, Zara came down with diarrhea, then Wolf came down with it, then Zara got it AGAIN. And it was a really nasty one with vomitting and watery poos that went through ALL the layers of clothing (and there is a lot of layers in winter in Switzerland) 5 times alone in the a.m. I was doing 4 loads of washing every day. Then I got struck down by it and got quite badly dehydrated. Ended up having the shakes and unable to get up. DH got some electrolyte stuff and that helped a lot but man, did I feel bad for 24 hours. After drinking 2 l of that stuff, I still didn't pee for the next 18 hours. Scary. Well, finally their stool went hard again and I was breathing a sigh of relief when suddenly Zara broke out in a high fever. It was 39.5 on Saturday and then reached 40.5 on Sunday. Ended up at the children's hospital with her because i was so worried and it turns out she has an ear infection. Poor thing. I get home and my mom tells me Wolf has a fever. So Monday morning he is at 39.7 and I'm at the paed. Influenza. Great. So everyone is feverish, cranky and clingy and I feel like I'm coming down with something myself. *sigh*
    Sorry for the bigh whinge but it's just like we are cursed at the moment. We have just been sick non stop for the last 5 weeks!

ANYWAY
    hope everyone is well... and as to baby no. 3... I think I will start seriously thinking about it in June! Oh that's so close! Just 4 months!

Snowy

Julia,how awful for you all to be sick.Especially when they all want mummy.Happy bday to zara,how time has flown!! Anyway sending some good vibes your way so your not cursed with sickie bugs anymore!!! Check out the newspaper,media thread as ruby and i were in the paper!

Narelle- I have tried half and half and she didn't take it. She will take 3/4 formula and 1/4 cows milk though. So we have been doing that atm. Will try her on half and half again soon.

mbear- No we haven't tried soft shoes yet. I will be going out and buying some though. Kayla doesn't walk yet so it isn't a biggy, but I would like her to get use to them. She will definately need to be wearing shoes in winter, LOL.

Snowy- Oh your poor things You really have had a rough trott with being sick. Hope everyone gets well real soon!!!!

Wilson Guest

Oh Snowy, sorry you have all been so sick, it must be awful!!
    Quick Q -How much are your bubs drinking now? Harry likes cows milk but has dropped it a lot to what he was having, he drinks water and watered down juice as well but i'm wondering if what he is drinking is enough?
    Shoes - We bought H some soft soled shoes for his birthday and he hated them to start with, he wouldn't walk with them just lay on the floor and tantrumed, but i left them on and he got over it after a bit and forgot about them.
    Measurements - Harry is 10.1 kilos, 78cm long but he was squirming the whole time so i'm not sure how accurate they are but that puts him right where he should be so thats good.
    We have to take him for his immunisations next week poor bubba, he got his first runny nose the day after his birthday so i'm waiting till that clears up till we go.
    He walks like a champ now so cute and he has started to point and say Dhere (there) so Andrew says where's mama and he points and says Dhere not always perfect though sometimes i am the fridge or the rug hehe
    As for next bubs we are on no birth control now but my period is still wonky from when i was on it so once that figures itself out we might start trying will just see what happens.

Good to see you all around, hope the bubbas are well!?

Good to hear from you Sarah Glad you and Harry are doing well!!!

Kayla had her immunisations at 1pm today. She got one in each leg (done at the same time. Our GP did one and the nurse the other) and one in her arm. She did a delayed cry. She looked at them as if to say "now why did you do that" and then cried. poor Bubba. She only took a minute to calm down, so not too bad. She is asleep now, so we will see how she goes.

The dr said that the MMR can have delayed reactions and that she can get the reaction anywhere from now up untill 7-10days time. 50% of babies get a fever (no higher then 38.5), so we will see what happens.

Ben had his shots a few weeks ago. Afterwards he was so sleepy, he practically slept for 3 days straight. Had a fever of about 38, and we kept in contact with the doc just to make sure it was all normal. Poor bubba.

i dont know if i mentioned this but 3 weeks ago Ben was 75cm, and 10.4kg. Is Ben a short baby? oh no, must take after his mummy!! Poor thing.

Isnt walking alone yet, he took about 3 steps alone today though, not long now!

Wilson. Ben isnt drinking anywhere near the amount he was on formula. he doesnt like milk too much, but he will drink it when he is thursty. He HATES water, and will throw the cup at me if i dare swap his milk or watered down juice for it. we normally give him 50/50 water juice, and milk with meals, and at night before bed (about 180ml).

Snowy - soon it will be warmer and i hope the warmer weather brings your family better health. You really havent had much luck. I hope you are all feeling better now!

Mbear - how are you?????? Hows your morning sickness going?

Katie- Aww poor Ben Kayla was a bit irritable for the next two days. Seems ok now though. Although since the needles she has been fussing more to get to sleep. Think she may be teething aswell though. She is dribbling heaps. Woohoo on the steps Definately won't be long!

Drinking- Kayla won't drink cows milk or toddler formula, so we are still on her usual formula. I make it up with half formula and half cows milk atm so hopefully we can soon move to 3/4 cows milk 1/4 formula. She still has three bottles a day (before each sleep) around 180-200ml in each, plus she drinks around 200ml+ of water a day. She loves her water which I am glad about. Especially in the hot weather.

Shoes- We bought Kayla some robbeez yesterday. She didn't like it when we tried them on. Poor thing was shaking, but didn't cry hysterically like with the others. So I will try them on her when she wakes up and see how we go..........

Height and length- Kayla is 81cm tall and weighs 11.1kg

How is everyone's bubs going with their verbal skills?

Kayla says: Mum, dada, Adam (dh's name), ta, heio (hello), nana, nei (no), aya (Kayla)
    and she makes animal sounds with her mouth shut. SHe does the sounds of a dog, cat, cow, monkey, and smacks her lips for a fish.

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around for a while, though I do pop in to see what everyone is up to and by the time I've finished reading the posts I don't have time to add anything!!

Hope all of the babies and mum's looked back fondly on what we were doing this time last year - they grow so fast!

Seth is going well. He is walking on his own (not perfectly, but trying really hard!) and at the moment he has hand, Foot and mouth disease from day care (he goes three days a week whilst I work). He's not too bad though and only has a few spots and isn't overly grumpy, he's nice and cuddly which is good for a change!

Seth stopped drinking his formula at around 11 months and I gave him yogurt and cheese instead and only recently he has started drinking cows milk - maybe 50mls a day before bed - he's definately a solids man! He loves meat (rissoles, ravioli, spag bol) and any fruit he can get his hands on!

He isn't talking as much as Blake did at the same age (probably can't get a word in!) but he seems to copy phrases. He says (what sounds) like 'Look at that' and 'my blankey' and 'Hello Daddy' and 'There it is'. He can also point to his nose and and ears and is learning eyes and he loves to do the twinkling fingers of twinkle little star

He is a beautiful natured little boy but I wouldn't want to cross him - he has a temper like me!! If he doesn't get what he wants he'll let you know quick smart!!

Well, that's about it - except.....I'M PREGNANT!!!!!! I was coming to joint the TTC forum ( this was our first month trying) yesterday when I tested (only 10DPO too) and got a I have since done about 5 tests and all came up the same so I think it might be real!!!! I have an appointment this afternoon to get the blood test so will let you know what happens from there...looks like November is going to be a big month for me!! This will be the third grandchild this year for my mum - she's going to be stoked!

I can't stop looking at the pregnancy test - just doesn't feel real yet!

Seth is up - best go get him ready for the Dr. Just one question first...are your little ones having one or two sleeps a day? I have recently changed Seth to 1 sleep (usually around 12 - 3pm) as he doesn't get to sleep until around 10:30 or 11am and it just wasn't working as I would have to wake him for lunch. He then sleeps from 7pm to 7am at night. Just wasn't sure if I should be trying to get him into two sleeps or one sleep.

thanks guys - keep well!!

xxxx

CONGRATULATIONS Sorka

Poor Seth having hand, foot and mouth Hope it clears for him real soon.

CONGRATS SORKA!! WOHOOOOO!
    Well, Ben is sleeping 2 times a day. From about 10.30 - 11am until about 1-2pm. And then goes down again at about 4 -5 for about an hour. Ive TRIED to change it to only one nap after lunch, but Ben has a hard time making it that long. I'll just let him sleep when he is tired. He sleeps from 7.30pm to about 8-9am. He is a really good sleeper, and i think he looks forward to going to bed! He is so active all day, on the go all the time, no wonder he needs his sleep!

Wilson Guest

Congrats Sorka that is fantastic

Harry has 2 naps still, in the morning he goes down at 9am and he sleeps till maybe 10:30-11am and then at 1pm-1:30pm he goes down for his second nap usually till 3pm ish and then he goes at 6:30pm -7pm and stays down till the morning...

Not much new here, had my mil staying for a few days which was nice took her to the airport this morning and Harry adored the planes he kept running around pointing and yelling Dhere (there) at them very cute.

He hasn't been immunised yet as he had a runny nose and its hung around for a bit but dimetap has worked so hopefully next week i'll be able to go and get him done!!

Hope everyone is great?

Sleep- Kayla generally has two sleeps a day, but she has had the odd one sleep a day.

Normally though she wakes around 7am (that's when I get her up) and she will go down for her first nap at around 9:30-10am. For this sleep she sleeps anywhere from 40min to 1.5hrs. Then in the afternoon she will go down around 2:30pm and sleep anywhere from 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs (the odd 3hr sleep has happened too).

I guess once she starts going down later for her first nap (around 11:30/12pm), she will then only have one nap a day.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast