Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #4

Oh forgot to say that Kayla has finally excepted to drink half water half cows milk

As you know she was very attached to her formula and I got it down to 100ml water with 100ml of cows milk and one scoop of formula. So today I left that scoop of formula out and she drank it. As you can tell I am quite pleased, hehehehe

thats great news Nadine!

Ben has been really sick, vomiting over everything. I had no idea babies can have so much in their stomachs! So.. the washing machine has been running non-stop for the past 2 days. He seems better today though (touch wood).

I hope the rest of you ladies (and babies) are doing well!

kaydee sorry to hear bout ben being sick...i hope he feels better soon!

congrats sorka on bub #3...hopefully i will be announcing in the next few months bout #3 for us (it usually takes us between 3-8 months for us to conceive).

nadine - fantastic news bout kayla and 1/2 and 1/2. life is much easier when your not mixing formula. aiden now drinks REV...i found he would vomit a little on full-cream milk just as zara did. the maternal and child health nurse said this is common for some bubs and REV is a great option (but NOT skinny milk - yuk i don't drink that either)!!

well we've sold our house and made at HUGE HUGE $200,000+ profit in 5 years!!! and we have brought an older house on 2 acres and we are going to renovate it. we have been wanting to do this for a while and were going to buy a investment property but were worried we'd get to attached to it. so this is perfect. plenty of space for the kids and animals, no renting, but we do have to sacrifice a bit and live a bit out of boxes while the renovation is going on but it's going be sooooo worth it.

my kids are just FANTASTIC. aiden now had 6 teeth with 2 more coming through. he's such a BOY! so very different to zara but absolutely wonderful. he loves exploring, playing trucks, getting dirty and all good things. hes still not walking yet but it shouldn't be long now. zara has been going to kinda for 6 weeks now and loves it. im really shocked how well ive coped. most other mums hang around and make their kids sookey but not zara she says...see'ya mum after kinda...and off she runs to play. god i felt better about leaving her more than i expected even for 2 hours!!!

i spoke with bec's mum today...kahlani is about 8kg and 70 ish cm so she is going well. still small but growing well.

i hope all mums and 1 year old are well.

take care

Hello girls!

Gee, so many posts (or better, gee, have I not been in here for a while). First of all: SORKA: Congrats on your pregnancy. How exciting that you will have no.3 in Nov this year! Poor Seth though having foot & mouth
    I have actually been thinking that we might postpone no. 3 a bit... make it more May 2008 or so, when Zara is more than 2 years (cause if we ttc in June, she would be just 2...). All sorts of reasons... main one being work though... we run our own business and we just want to take it to a new level and that requires me working more (and I really want to work more). We will set up an office and that will be fabulous. Working from home doesn't work for me... I always get sidetracked and end up surfing the net... *blush*

Kaydee - I hope Ben is well again. Stomach bugs seem to be going round Europe at the moment...

Narelle - that's so great that Zara goes to Kindy so well. Wolf goes 3 mornings a week and he cries everytime when I leave. I have snuck out once but he got really upset when he realised I was gone, so now I always say goodbye but it requires one kindy teacher to hold him back. The first thing he says when I pick him up is "Mama, I cried!" They say it takes 6 weeks... gawd... we have only done 3... I really really do hope it will get better.
    Yeah on selling your house for a nice profit.

Nadine - yeah on Kayla drinking watered down cows milk.

Zara still gets formula in the evenings. She gets cows milk in the morning. She loves milk though. Wolf drinks a glass of milk in the bath tub and Zara tends to have half of that... I guess I could switch her... but because she is so skinny, I will keep giving her formula. FIL just arrived yesterday and he brought 2 cans of s26, so I will give that to her til it's gone (she vomits from the European formula).

As to talking. Zara says Mama and Papa and Da! (there). Wolf used to make animal sounds, just like Kayla does, but Zara does none of that (yet). Maybe we read more to Wolf... less time with 2 kids. Though it's great when Wolf is at kindy. I feel like I finally have some time for Zara.

Eating - Zara is such a great eater - as long as she gets to feed herself. I made pasta with salmon the other day and Zara grabbed the salmon chunks and ate them all. Not so interested in the pasta. LOL. Wolf is the opposite - doesn't eat meat or fish, just carbs. So funny.

Well, we have been healthy for a week and a bit now. So fingers crossed we have broken the curse. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Snowy

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the congrats..still very excited and thanks also for the concern for Seth. He is over the Hand foot and mouth (thank god!) and fit and healthy again - it did last for 8 days though which is heaps longer than I thought it would.

Seth seems to be saying similar things to Zara - Hello, Bye bye, Mum, Dad and dere or dat (there or that) when he points to things he wants. I was also wondering why Seth's speach seems so much further behind Blake's. Maybe it is the reading. Seth doesn't really like books much (loves to turn the pages but rarely stays on the page long enough to actually read the words...any tips for this?) and Blake loved them - though time is definately a major part of it too.
    Seth often says something once or twice in a row (like 'Quack' )but then never again. Anyone got any ideas for getting him to keep it up? I quack at him all the time now to try to get him to do it again but he says nothing and just stares at me like I'm an idiot!

We had Seth immunised and then got called back about a week later and told that it didn't work (there was a problem with the temperature of the vaccine due to storms cutting the power at the surgery) and that we have to take him back to get it re-done in four weeks time...does this sound legit to you guys? I'm not sure who to ask/call for advice but I just want to make sure he doesn't get overdosed (if that's even possible?!)

Parenting is hard!

Thanks guys - keep well!!

Sorka,

vaccines do have to be refrigerated as far as I know. So there could be something to it. I guess you could always go and have a blood sample taken to see if the antibodies are present in Seth's blood....

re. talking: I swear Zara said "Bob the Builder" the other day... but she only did it once and it was probably just her copying us (=Wolf and me) singing the song... but it was exciting nevertheless! She does say Mama and Papa a lot more now. It's so cute (and such emotional black mail, isn't it...)

I have that with Ben too! I SWARE he repeats the Tv or Radio, but only says it once, and then NEVER again! Aghh! This song was playing "Working, working, everybody working!" and I sware Ben said "working" in a song-song voice! So many times has this happened (with other situations), i was scared i was going crazy! But now i know its happening with the other babies (or rather, mummies) too!

Snowy, ben loves Bob Der Baumeister! I was looking at your site the other day and it facinates me how Wolf interacts with both languages. I can only hope Ben can do that too! I speak only English with him, DH German.. Dh is so afraid Ben will only want to speak English.. because then his family won't be able to understand Ben. But i see it as.. Well, really, it's their problem, not ours. And what about MY family if Ben speaks only German.. Hmpf. I suppose my family have experience, as My BIL is from Sri-Lanka, and my neice and nephew also speak 2 languages.

Benny loves playing with his wooden Xylophone. He is so musical like his daddy. He sits there and "plays" whilst "la la la - ing". It's adorable. I really need to get the video camera back off my BIL.

Kaydee - don't worry, i am sure he will pick up stacks of German too. Kids are sooooo good with languages. When we got back from Oz, Wolf was speaking mainly English but then we spent 2 weeks at my parents' place and suddenly all the German came back. At the moment he seems to get more and more whom to speak English and whom to speak German to. So clever. Today he was running down the hill with DH and I could hear him say things to DH in English and then he'd turn to me and repeat them in German. So clever!
    btw. MIL actually went to German classes cause she was so worried Wolf would mainly speak German... maybe our ILs oughto take some English lessons...
    My ILs have actually been picking up a lot of German. It's so cute, they know all sorts of random words, like pilot, mean, fireman, angry... all the things Wolf says...

Zara is walking heaps recently. I think I should really get her some proper shoes soon, but I am waiting for spring to come properly. It's really weird, we had such nice weather here and then suddenly from one day to the next the temperature dropped and it snowed again. But next week it's supposed to be in the teens again, so maybe i will go next week and buy her her first "real" shoes`!! So exciting. Wolf had his a bit earlier... dunno if I was more "pushy" with my frist born or whether he walked better than Zara...

I just had a look through your photos and you look like such a cute little family!! The picture that was in the newspaper is just gorgeous (and you are very pretty!!)

aw, thanks Snowy, thats sweet. I have a question for you. As you know, we are flying to Oz in May and Im wondering how you went flying with Zara. Do you have any tips for me? I'll be flying alone with Ben, so im really [email protected] myself. We are flying with Emirates, and they have a basinet, but i think Ben will be too big for it - must call and ask. We havent bought an extra seat for Ben, we really couldnt afford it. Do you think we should stick with the bulkhead seats? I've posted a thread on this, but i know that you have experience, so i would love some advice.

Re: shoes. Because it is getting warmer here we have been spending alot of time outside, so we needed to get Ben some shoes. He loves them! And i love knowing his socks arent getting dirty!

Aghhh, we have to drive to Frankfurt next Thursday. I need to attend a passport interview. I emailed the embassy and asked if i really needed to go cos it is so far away, and they replied no. THEN yesterday they emailed me and told me i do need to go. I still need to change my name on my British passport.. CUTTING IT FINE! Hopefully they wont take too long.

Easter has come so fast, i only realised yesterday that it is next week !!!!!!! Shock. Question: What are your thoughts on Chocolate? DH and the in-laws thinks i am being too strict in not wanting to give Ben chocolate this year. MIL is the worst, I KNOW even if i say no, she will sneak it to Ben. I think a little bit is okay, but im scared as soon as i say a little bit is ok everyone will be stuffing Ben full of sugar.

Hi girls...i hope you are all well and your bubs are great too.

just a quick post to let you all know IM PREGNANT with #3. due december. gotta still go to the doctors for a blood test. im feeling well. happened really really quick this time, very happy, but busy thinking about moving in 3 weeks. Oh yeah...its still a secret!

i'll post again soon, the kids are ready for bed.

take care narelle

congratulations narelle! Wishing you all the very very best!!

Been a long time since anyone has posted, i hope you are all fit and healthy. Ben is doing very well. He is walking alone now. Has been since 29th March. Dh and i started really encouraging him to walk alone, because i felt like he could, but it was just a confidence issue... So on the Tuesday we started sitting with him and helping him practice, and by Thursday he was walking all alone! On Saturday he started standing up on the spot. Very proud of my boy. It's so adorable to watch him just walk around in circles with a straight face, and then look up at me with a huge grin on his face, like as to say "LOOK AT ME! I DID IT!".

I look forward to hearing what all the other bubbas are up to!!

Hi girls
    Congrats Narelle - wow, that was quick. You have been busy *wink*.
    Congrats Kaydee with Ben walking.....Sophie manages to stand on her own, but i dont think its clicked that she has the ability to move her legs - LOL. I rrrrrreally wish she would walk, we are limited with what we can do i.e go to the park, the shops. She gets cranky in the pram, and wants to crawl....ohhh how much easier it would be if she could walk. No to mention the brown stained knee marks on her long pants i continue to wash!!!
    This pregnancy is going fine. I still dont believe i am - LOL ....finding out 24 April what sex this one will be. really dont mind, i would love 3 little girls, as this is defn our last, but would love the challenge of a little boy too.
    DH and i went to Japan for a weekend a few weeks ago - LOL (again). He was asked to go for his bike biz , his airfare paid for, he didnt want to go alone, so he begged me to go. I have never been away from the girls for more than 2 nights, so being away for 3 nights was a real challenge....i cried the whole way from sydney to japan.....i got better as time went on. We squeezed in a bit of shopping on the Sunday. WHilst it was a whirlwind trip, it was so nice to spend some R&R time with DH. Life gets so busy lately, it was nice to have an adult convo with him and no little people interrupting.....
    Zara is a clever girl too, walking.....c'mon sophie !!!!!!!

Wow, finding out the sex already? How time flies! Be sure to let us know!! And Japan, you lucky woman. I understand it would have been very difficult for you to leave the girls though. No morning sickness Mbear? Do you find that this pregancy is different to your last 2? Also, do you have a "feeling" to what sex he/she is? I just knew that Ben was going to be a boy...
    You know, Before i lived here (2 girls, 5 and 8 living above us) I would have said i would be very upset if i dont eventually have a girl. BUT now, i find that i honestly dont mind... I love my boy, and the girls upstairs can be so... yea. :-)

Talking about the next one... My mind changes constantly. One day i decide, no, i will wait until we are back in Oz so i can share my Pg with the people i love, and then i think about how i wanted a 2 yr age gap, and THEN i think about the stress, and whether i can cope with 2 right now... THEN i look at Ben and almost feel sorry for him that he doesnt have a little brother or sister to play with. Dh doesnt mind, and would love for me to have another one right now. But all im thinking about is not wanting to have morning sickness when i visit home. If you guys remember, i went to scotland 8 weeks pg with Ben, and i had the WORST holiday of my life because of my morning sickness. NOT a good idea.

Wow, that was me babbling on. Gotta go, Ben is awake. Take care!

I had m/s up until 12 weeks to the day. Every morning had a spew.....i didnt mind being sick, i just hated the sleepy feeling i had ALL DAY. Very hard when you have two littlies.....in a way im glad that part (m/s) is over with in terms of my life.....i was really over it this time. BUT, kaydee, you never know, every pregnancy is different. YOu may not get m/s as severe, you may not be so focussed on your next pregnancy, as you have Ben to look after....??? I was a bit like you when we decided to have SOphie, i didnt want to let go of the perfect world the three of us (me, DH and baby) had created.....i didnt want change....but then you do have 9 months to warm to the fact....and it is a nice change isnt it??? Its not like a baby will arrive tomorrow.....
    Anyway, enuf of that....nope, i have no idea about this one. I know DH would love a boy, but equally love a girl too. Im one of 4 girls, havent had much to do with little boys, so i guess another girl would be easy for me to adjust too....a little boy would be a challenge i guess......

Wilson Guest

Narelle Congratulations that is fantastic news and wow MBear your pregnancy is going super fast nearly half way there.

Narelle - quick question for you - do you remember when we were all pregnant and you had a great website for maternity clothes in the US, do you remember the search term or the name at all,??? i have lost all my links and found it was an awesome site when i was pregnant with Harry, Ugh have to run will be back later Harry is waking...

Thanks Kaydee, Mbear & Wilson

Wilson funny you should mention that website ive just ordered new maternity clothes yesterday. the website address is...

www.motherhood.com

WHY do you have news too?

Kaydee - re: M/S - i had none with Zara, 12 weeks with Aiden and none so far *touch wood...every pregnancy is similar yet different.

Wow Mbear nearly half way already that's gone so very fast...have you started to think bout names yet?

take care

Nope, no names, DH and i usually decide around the 39 week mark - LOL

yes Wilson, do you have news ??

Heading to that website now - thanks girls.....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast