Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #4

hehe, just had a snoop around.. and i know Mbear's bubbas sex. wont say tho ;-) I'll let her tell.

Its about 27 degrees today, beautiful... I took Ben outside for a while, but got sick and tired of fetching rocks and sticks out of his mouth. haha.

Ben is a real talker too.. But only when other people are around, and its all "dadad lidllalalalaaa". I think it's because im a pretty quite person.

Congrats mbear on your ultrasound results....

finally had a blood test to confirm my pregnancy...they seem to think im 7-8 weeks a little a head of what i thought - going for an ultrasound next friday to confirm dates.

How is everyone?

take care

Helloooooooo...where is everyone?

Im off for my ultrasound in about 30 mins, can't wait.

We are also moving this weekend...oh im soooo tired but excited.

I'll post soon when i know more bout my ultrasound.

I hope everyone is well.

Take care

Hey Narelle, i hope your ultrasound went well.

Yes, where has everyone gone? Ben is visiting his Oma just now. I feel bad because we were just visiting and MIL started talking about my driving license. Im not allowed to drive on my Aust one here, and i need to take lessons and a test to get a German one. It can be pretty expensive. Anyway, FIL has offered to pay for it for my birthday.. Thing is, i dont want them to because we are planning on moving back to Oz next year, and i dont think it is worth the money to get a license.... Ive gone this long without driving, whats another year?

Anyway i told MIL i dont want them to pay for it, and she kept asking "why, is it the test, the language... are you scared?" i couldnt think of an excuse fast enough... so i told her that i want to move back home next year. You should have seen her face drop. We werent going to tell them, but i was sick and tired of making stupid excuses for why we dont want to do things (such as get new wheels for the car, spend money on things for the house etc...). Now she seems angry at me. Im angry at her because i sometimes feel like it's their fault im here in the first place (long story) and my family is missing out on Ben growing up.
    I want to have number 2 at home, i want the support of my family and friends.

enough of that. ben is going well, he is growing so fast. he is really cheeky too, doing things for attention (clearing out drawers). And he is always stealing our bedside alarm, because he knows he gets into trouble. It's so hard to keep a straight face and hide the smile that you really want to give him.. he is just too cute.

take care!

Kaydee, thanks my ultrasound went well. bubs heart beat 123 bpm and growing well. due december 18.

re: your MIL - does she not realise that your family have missed ben growing until you go back home, and sometimes a girl just needs her mum when it comes to baby. i think your pretty gusty moving to an overseas country that does not speak english when you are young and then also having a bub over there. too bad for her, as long as you and hubby are happy and ben is great try not to let her get to you. AUS is such a great place!

Thanks Narelle :-)
    I was pretty upset with her reaction. Funny thing was, she was making us pancakes when we were talking... and as she was putting some on my plate, i was telling her i wanted to go back home. Her reaction was so cold, Dh said later on that he was expecting her to take the pancakes back off my plate! lol
    Now i feel the family has become cold towards me, like im the bad guy. I cant believe they didnt realise that we were definately going to move back as soon as possible. Im so miserable here, why couldnt they see that? We have been talking about it alot, but i think they just assumed it was all talk, and didnt believe it would really happen.

Anyway, change of subject. Horrible thing happened today. This morning Dh was vacuuming Ben's room and realised Ben's changing table was full of bugs (in the wood)! AGHHH!! We thought it was just wood worm (or whatever you call it). the table is over 100 years old, so it doesnt surprise me. luckily a friend has a baby a little older than Ben, and she doesnt use her table anymore, so she gave it to us to use as long as we need it. Its a really nice table, we are lucky. But its a real shame about the old one, it belonged originally to Dh's great-grandma and was passed down the line. Even Dh used it as a baby. Ahwell, it wasnt going to last forever.

Katie - your in-laws dont deserve you there. They treat you and your husband bad, dont give Ben the love he deserves and all in all make you life miserable when they are around. You should run as fast as you can from them!
    Narelle - wonderful to hear the ultrasound went well. Before you know it you will have a bubba here!!!
    Hope everyone is well - I'm trying to get everything dont whilst Allegra has her morning sleep.
    T x

Hi everyone!

Katie - DH has been driving on his Aussie driver's license in Europe for 10 years. It's not like they can prove you are not just an Aussie tourist visiting. You are officialy allowed to drive on your Aussie license for 3 months, after that you are supposed to get a German one (same everywhere in Europe). I have lived in the Netherlands and never got a Dutch one, I have lived in London and never got a UK one (and I have lived in Sydney and never got an Aussie one). The police has no idea whether you have been in the country for more than 3 months. If you ever got stopped, I would just speak in English and say you are visiting and borrowing a friend's / MIL's car. I certainly wouldn't bother getting one and I certainly would still drive. Don't worry... unless you have a car licensend in your name, they have no way of proving you are actually living in the country and not just holidaying.
    I am sure your MIL was shocked to hear you are moving back (or have plans to) next year. My mom always says that she hopes she is dead when we move back to Australia (lovely, hey? talk about emotional blackmail). It's hard having an international marriage when kids are involved. I am sure MIL's reaction was just bad because she would hate to see you guys go (especially her first grandchild). It's got to be hard for them too (even though they have been very weird towards you...). Well, when you go back, she won't be able to boss you around anymore and butt in all the time... that will be a killer for her... lol. And when she comes to visit, you can tell her that THIS is how we do things in Oz, he he. We are quite lucky because we go to Oz once a year and MIL & FIL come across to Europe once or twice a year, so they don't completely miss out on seeing their grandchildren grow up.
    Lol on DH thinking she might take the pancakes back
    and YUCKY on the change table!!

Narelle - great to hear the U/S went well. Good heartbeat... are you going to find out whether it's a boy or girl? My guess from the heartrate would be a boy... though that is a bit of an old wives tale about the heartrate isn't it? Though in my case it was true. Wolf was usually 120 - 140 and Zara more 140 - 160... the midwife kept harping on about how it had to be a girl because the heartrate was so strong and high "typical girl" she kept saying... so even though Zara's gender was a surprise, I kinda knew it had to be a girl because the midwife kept claiming it had to be one during my induction.

Well, what's new here... Zara is babbling a lot as well. She makes all sorts of weird sounds all the time... it sometimes sounds like klingon... lots of sounds I can't even reproduce! So funny.

Gotta go, Wolf just woke

Julia

Hi girls,

Just a quickie - how often do your bubs sleep in the day? Sophie seems to have dropped her 2nd sleep of the day....so now will sleep for 1-1.5 hrs..

A typical day;
    7am - Wakes up
    11am- 1230 - sleep
    630pm - sleeps thru till 7am next day...

She seems fine and content, but i worry she not gettin enuf sleep? What do you think?

hey Mbear,
    How are you? Ben has dropped his second sleep too. Here is his sleep routine:
    8-9am wake
    12-1pm sleep unitl around 2.30 - 3
    by 8pm he is asleep again. We usually put him down at 7.30, but it just depends on the kind of day we have had (busy or lazy). We sometimes put him down at 7.

So, he usually gets 2.5 - 3 hours sleep during the day. It seems to me that Sophie is getting enough sleep. I wouldnt worry, as long as Sophie is happy :-)

2 weeks exactly until we fly. Bit nervous. we had a busy day on Sunday, and went to a few different people's houses. Strange thing is that Ben was terrified entering these new places, and it took him about 5 - 10 minutes to relax and stop crying. He has never been like that before!!! I've got a feeling it's from the doctors. Here they spread the 1 year shots over a few months, so we are going back to the doctors often, and Ben screams when we enter the building. So i have a feeling that he is scared he will get an injection. Hmmmm.

Snowy, international marriage is very very difficult isnt it? Hopefully once Dh is finished with his study, we will be able to afford to go home once or twice a year (or go to Germany if we are living in Oz). But until then....
    I would be driving, but Dh and FIL are terrified i will crash, and the insurance won't pay.

OHHHH 2 weeks! I cant believe how fast time is going by!
    Narelle and Sarah- How are you both going???

Take care!

Oh, Narelle, i hope you dont mind me asking, but what town are you from? You can email me if you dont want to say here([email protected]). Reason being is that i dont know if you remember, but I'm from Gippsland too (Traralgon). how did your move go? Not too stressful i hope!!
    Last edited by Kaydee; May 15th, 2007 at 06:56 PM.

mbear - aiden wake 7.30 - 8am, one sleep during the day anytime from 11am onwards and usually sleeps for 2-3 hours, and then back down around 8 pm.

kaydee - move went well. not that bad...just been sooo tired but could be cause of pg too.

wilson - how are you travelling?

snowy - sort of thought along the same lines re: heartbeat. but will find out at the 20 week scan.

Hi there,

re. sleep, Zara dropped her 2nd sleep a while back. Sometimes, if we are travelling by car, she will fall asleep again in the late afternooon but she is just sooooooooo hard to put down to naps. Basically will only fall asleep in the pram... *sigh*. Often she will only sleep for 30 mins - yesterday she was only asleep for 10 and then wouldn't go back to sleep. Sometimes I can get her to sleep on me and then she can sleep for up to 2 hours but it's just so exhausting with her. She seems to think she is missing out and refuses to "consciously" go to sleep. Wolf was always such a good boy with sleeping... oh well...

So like yesterday with 10 min nap during the day, we had to put her to bed at 7pm, as she was knackered. Usually 7:30 or 8 p.m. Wolf goes to bed at 8p.m. (and always has). Funny how things can change with your second child.

Zara is still drooling so much... arrrrrrrrrg... I hope when she gets her 3rd and 4th tooth at the bottom that it will stop. I am changing tops 3 times a day because of all the drooling.So annoying.

She is saying more and more things now. She can say "mehr" (german for more - which is very important for her ) and tries to say "Hase" (rabbit). In English she says duck and "bear" (well, actually in German it's the same).

She has taken to throwing herself on the floor when she doesn't get her way. It's so funny. She will do it at home mainly but also sometimes in public. I try to ignore it and am hoping it will stop. Little drama queen...

She is very sociable and loves to meet with our neighbours. She is "in love" with our neighbour's son who is 3 months younger than Wolf and will stand at the window and wave and go "Huwo" (her way of saying Hello) and then tries to say Pauli ("bouwi")

Animal sounds... well Wolf made them all, for Zara all animals go "mah" except for tigers and lions and bears who go "raaaaaaaah"

Narelle, curious to see if we are right re. gender & hearbeat...

Katie, wow 2 weeks, not long at all now.

Mbear, I definitely think Sophie is getting enough sleep... she is getting more than Zara.

Snowy

so cute with Zara's words. So far the only clear word is "Dada" for Ben but he also tries to say "Nase" (German for nose), for example we will say "where is daddy's Nase?" and he will grab onto dh's nose and says "aaasaa". Dh's parents have a Cat named Minka, and Ben says "nnnkkka" Or "Kah" when he is looking for her. I try to teach him words using the toys he plays with, and he tried his best to repeat - "usss" (Bus), "ttt" (Cat), and he meows sometimes when he hears a Cat.

Gee, we are so quiet lately. Hope everyone is well.

Zara is learning more and more words. I can't believe how many things she can say. But then again Wolf did all the animal sounds at that age and she does none. But hey... every child is different, even your own two children
    So she says "Ente" (German for duck), "Auto" (German for car), "Baby" (usually she means Baby dolls with that, she loooooooooves dolls), "Papa", "Mama", "Teddy", "bear", "Hase" (German for rabbit), "mehr" (more), "Hello" and "Bye Bye". I caught her today playing with Wolf's train set, going "Choo choo", it was so cute! I can't believe my little baby is not a baby anymore. She wil be 15 months in 2 days... in 4 days she'll be exactly the age Wolf was, when Zara was born, 15 months and 2 days.... I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It makes thinking about having a no. 3 more realistic... I mean... if we fell pregnant right now, Zara would be 2 by the time bubs was born! That's kinda freaky. (but nooooooo, i am thining of ttc in October now)

Katie, so cute how Ben says "Nase" and calls the cat I love this age! It's so cool. I remember when Wolf was 17,18 months or so he learned a new word every day. It was SUCH a word explosion, it was so neat. So I am really looking forward to this again with Zara (assuming it will be similar).
    Not long now until you fly!! I hope you are not too worried about flying. Hopefully Ben will be good for you.
    How is the weather up there in Munster? We are having such great weather down here in Switzerland. It's been in the high 20s this long weekend and this week it's going to reach 32!

Snowy
    Last edited by Snowgirl; May 22nd, 2007 at 05:07 AM.

Mbear- Sorry if I am a bit late with this. Kayla was still doing two sleeps a day, but the last 2 days she has been having only one sleep (for 2.5hrs). She is in her cot atm, but talking away, so I think she may be dropping her second sleep now.

So last 2 days her routine has been:

6:30-7am wake up
    12:30pm (after lunch) bed (yesterday was 2.5hrs, day before only 1.5)
    7pm bedtime

Katie and Snowy- Oh that is cute that they are both speaking german. I am trying to teach kayla german, but I keep forgetting iykwim. The only word she says in german is "mama" and "Opa" (for my dad). DH doesn't speak german and I forget, LOL. Atleast my parents speak german to her, but I must remember to speak german to her when I am alone with her. Oh and I am trying to teach her to say "Omi" (for my mum) but so far she is called "Oba", hahahaha

Us- We are good. Kayla is officially walking. Has been walking properly for 2 weeks now. Her new words are: "aww gaww" (all gone), "Opa" (grandpa in german), and she has added the lion, tiger and elephant to her animal noises.

I can't believe we only have 2 more months till we are TTC #2. The time has gone so quickly.

We are going away from the 1st-9th of June. We are driving down to Lakes Entrance in VIC to visit a friend. We will be staying in a cabin. So that will be a nice break

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678