Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #12

Hi, just popping in mostly to read and catch up....

Sal, sorry to hear app't didn't go so well for you. 10 mths is not too far behind 12mths and he still has lots of time to catch up - hope OT goes well for you.

Kel, Monkey weaned those feeds so quickly herself! When I stopped offering the night one (which really had been me offering not her asking for several weeks...) I thought she'd want the morning one more, but it was the opposite - 3 days later she just stopped asking for it and up until then she used to really yell for that one - go figure! My body did pretty well with coping, just a few times I got full and expressed a little in the shower, but thats all really. And emotionally I guess we were both ready, 'cos it wasn't as sad as I thought it would be.

No news here really. Oh yeah, Tash, I was just hoping I might be able to drop Sat work, but I don't think it will happen - and you're right - I'm too disorganised to cope with working 3 days in the week - I'd never see anybody or get anything done!!!

re: sleep question... generally Monkey does a short morning nap around 1030ish for 20-40min (I wake her if it goes beyond 45min 'cos it works better for us for her to have a long afternoon nap - cruel mother I know) then does a longer nap around 130ish - this can be pushed out till later if needed and can be anywhere from 1-2 hrs.

On occasion if she doesn't have the morning catnap, she gets exhausted and I have to give her an early lunch and then she's asleep by 1215ish and may do 2 hrs. But this can backfire too and if she only does an hour she's a disaster by about 5, but I think this is too late for another nap, 'cos then she wouldn't go down till 9pm.

Hope everyone is having a good day - the weather here is stunning today!

Hi Girls,

How are we all.? All is well here, stomach has just started to pop out. I have the big 19 week scan on Tuesday so looking forrward to that and hope all goes well.

As far as sleep Erin goes normally 10.30 -12 .30pm and then another hour around 3pm - 4pm then in bed about 7.30pm and wakes around 8am. So can;t complain there.

Went to this Mothers group called MOPS ( Mothers of Pre schoolers). It is run at one of the church's but is not religous based. Its 2 1/2 hours where the Mums get together and do things such as a craft item, yesterday it was foot baths and massages next fortnight it is facial etc etc. Whilst this going on the ladies from the church and some other carers watch the children in a creche. Was our first time yesterday and Erin was fine till about 10.30am then they came and got me as she had got really upset. It broke my heart when I saw her as she was sobbing and I ha.dnever seen her like that.I think she was tired as that is her normal sleep time, but they had forgotten where I said her dummy was so I think if she has that she would be fine. It is once a fortnight so I hope Erin will get used to it. I will bring her pram next time in case she will go down for a sleep . Apart from Erin getting uspet it was a really nice day they put on this big breakfast. ALl for just $8.00 for all the activities, food, creche etc

Erin is now just into climbing everything tables, couches her highchair!! My Mum said I was just the same so I guess its payback. We are back with Erin doing swimming again and I am off to prego water aerobics tonight. Picked up a pair of bathers just once piece navy blue in the clearance rack at Kmart $2.50!!!! Bargain!!

Sorry this is all about me post, will do personals next time I promise!!!

Love K xx

KRISTY _ Oh wow, that sounds mint! Where is that run? I'm sure that Erin will get used to it in time. Sometimes it takes them a while to get the hang of things. Listen to you Little Miss Socialite!! Swimming lessons, Pregnant Aqua Aerobics, Church Mornings. I'm jealous! Is your 19w scan with Dr Hugo? I can't remember the other guys name. He did our scan but his name escapes me right now! I can't believe you're basically half-way there. It's insane.

Hope everybody else is having a lovely evening!

Happy Mother's Day!!!
    I hope you all have a lovely day full of love and laughter.

happy happy happy mothers day everyone!
    so what did we all get???

jemima made me a card at her first day of daycare - a purple butterfly with feathers all over it so cute i cried
    and 'jemima' bought me a photo frame with four special photos of me and her 'footloose' on dvd (totally random i dont know why i want that but i havent seen it so bring it on) a pair of ladybeetle earings (i love love ladybugs-i have a tatt of one) an some tour booklets for egypt which is the main reason i am 'going back to work' i am going to fund a family holiday to egypt and greece in early 2010 coz hopefully 2009 will be year of baby number 2.....

jemima also cracked at least 2 more teeth on friday one near the back and one in the middle back up the top one on each side so she is catching up after not getting any teeth since boxing day

kristy i cant believe u are almost half way - have u felt the baby kick lots??? are you finding out girl or boy??? names??? i met a girl yesterday that is pregnant with a boy and is gong to call him "Egan"

byeski for now!

Happy Mothers Day. I am actually liking Mothers Days when my DH is away (second year in a row) as I get pressies on behalf of Tobi from both my Mum and DH's Mum, whereas I wouldn't if DH was home. Tobi slept an extra hour this morning which was nice. I got a Shampoo pack from MIL, a facial voucher from my Mum and DH has sent a mystery pressie in the post which he got from the markets in Afghan, so it could be anything!!! My brother has come up from Melbourne to Mums too, so she had all her kids there for lunch today, which was extra special as it doesn't happen very often any more.

Jayne - Was Alan home for Mother's Day? How are you going with your little bunny babies? Did they all sell even though you jacked up the price?

Kel - The card sounds so cute. How did Jem go at child care? Is she settling in ok. Good luck with starting work this week.

Sally - Sounds like Brendan is thriving. He weighs more than Tobi now. I wouldn't worry about his development too much, at least there is a reason why he is a little behind. Tobi seems to be a little behind everyone else's bubs as well. As long as they are growing and happy that is all that matters.

Lisa - I hope you can get started on your diet again soon. It must be frustrating the stopping and starting, just as you were getting some really good results too. You are great inspiration, but sadly I haven't been able to stay on my diet the last couple of weeks with staying at people's houses and eating out lots. But am still motivated to keep going. I am down to about 72kg now, so that is 17kg that I have lost since November. Very pleased with myself. I want to get down to 58kg before DH gets home and I get pregnant again.

Kristy - That MOPS group sounds fantastic. I wish I could find something like that and only $8. That is a steal. I hope you make some good friends there too. With Erin climbing everything, are you concerned about her pulling things down on herself? (Like the bookshelf with the baby on Grey's Anatomy last week). Don't want to scare you, just want to know what everyone's plans of action are with TV sets etc?

Kym - Glad to hear the weaning has gone so well. Do you guys watch Sesame Street much? I always think of Monkey when I watch it and it quite often has songs about 'Monkey' in it. The other day it was about her learning to spell her name and another day it was her birthday. Hopefully we'll catch up with you when we get home.

Us - Tobi still prefers to crawl, but is starting to walk a lot more. We are up to 12 steps in a row and can bend down and pick something up and stand back up straight again.

He fell out of the cot at DH's parents. Been attacked by two cats and a chicken (not to the point of drawing blood though, just scaring him). Has a scab on his chin from a fall. And apparently loves calamari. We kept telling him he was eating worms!!

Tobi is still out of whack with his sleeping. One day we have kept him awake till 1pm and just had one sleep and that seemed to work, but then the next he wanted two sleeps again. Hopefully it will settle down and back to two again when we get home on Wednesday. I am so over holidaying.

I started a bad habit with Tobi too seeing as it has been cold and letting him in bed with me. Now he has been waking up at 2am every night and asking to come into bed with me. It is nice when its cold, but when I was at DH's sisters, I was only in a single bed, so it wasn't too comfortable having him in with me too. Definitely going to stop when we go home and go back to my old rule of not allowed in our bed till the sun comes up.

Booked my tickets for my brothers wedding in Thailand in October. We decided that I am going on my own and only going for the weekend. We don't really want to expose Tobi to all the diseases etc. just yet, plus it is a cost thing. Living on one income isn't easy in a normal week let alone throwing in overseas trips.

Anyway, better go and take some photos of Tobi and Grandma, she has taken him to play in the sand out the front of her place. She lives on a canal.

Hope you are all well and happy
    Tash

only got half a second to reply but:
    cupboards/tvs getting pulled down: the big bookshelves we have we have already bolted to the wall, just like a picture you put a hook on the wall and a bit of wire on the bookshelf, the tv wont go forward but the stereo is a worry but that is the way we have it pearched at the moment so we will just put it somewhere stable, everything else out of reach but she is awesome and doesnt get into everything and i teach how to safely shut drawers and cupboards rather than making a big deal of her getting into them so it is not a big deal if you know what i mean?? i also then feel better knowing that she is not going to get her fingers caught all the time because she gently shuts the drawer after she rearranges everything that is in it and if she is not a allowed into the cupboard i have some of those baby locks from the cheap shop
    tashie you have done awesome on your diet, i did the same just before i fell preg with jem lost 15kg between end of feb and end of april feels great... so i have motivation to do it again knowing i have done it before.... and knowing this time i am ready to maintain!

jem went awesome at daycare, she loved it didnt miss me one bit, they said they wait two weeks then start withthe reshuffling of the naptimes and stuff like that but she slept for them already it was just a bit earlier than the other kids and that was the only time she cried and apparently (according to report card) love playing with the prams and "home" corner and sandpit so sounds like she had a fab day - she is back there tomorrow and so so so so funny i have no work! i have said no to two or three things whooops leaving me with perhaps a day off tomorrow but i have heaps to do with regards to highschool reunion i am helping organise, i have to figure out who exactly is left to find and then get the old phonebook out while jemima is not there to go "ello!! ello!!" everytime i want to talk on the phone! and i got given a tree from my neighbour i want to plant and stuff like that so that could be good - benji goes back to work tomorrow so maybe i will clean the house up for when he gets home as we still have not completly unpacked from holiday

tobi sounds like he has had a fullon holiday!!! he has done a little bit of everything bet u cant wait to get home to some normal routine!

can anyone think of a good job for me??? i think i want to do something different but not sure what

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Beautiful day today went on a long walk with Erin and then went to a friends house who has 5 acres with horses, Erin had a great time running around. Supposed to rain the rest of the week so enjoying the sunshine whilst we can.

Hubby went back to work after 4 weeks on holidays. Spewin it was so nice having him hiem and Erin has just loved it. Been great having some lie in's whilst hubby was up getting the breakfast for her. Oh well back to normality now.

JAYNE - The Mops group is run in Shelley so it is about 1/2 an hour away and once a fortnight. Was nice excuse to get out of my tracky pants!!!! Hopefully Erin will get used to the creche, she is just in between the 1 sleep and 2 sleep thing depending on the day.

KEL - Just started feeling the kicks, weird how I forgot what they felt like.Not funding out the sex,have to keep you girls guessing for a few more months. Haven't really discussed names yet, got a few I like, but they seem to change every day.Wow Egypt and Greece would be awesome. I have been to Greece and the Greek Islands but never made it to Egypt. ( one day). Great that Gem is doing well in day care. have you started work yet?

TASH - Like Kel our bookcases are drilled into the wall. being a cop Julian has been to jobs where children have done exactly the same thing so he is paranoic about safety. Our TV is set into a cabinet so she woudn't be able to get her hands in there. Wow Thailand,pity its just for a weekend. Hope you have time to do some shopping. I love the place.

Hope you all had a wonderful mothers day. Better go check the fridge and see what I can make for dinner. SO over cooking dinner!!!!

Hi everyone
    I hope you all had a great mothers day... mine was lovely, I had breakfast in bed and got Tigi Shampoo & Conditioner (my faves), Underbelly on dvd, a bottle of my fave perfume, and a gift voucher for Borders... I got spoilt!!! lol

After thinking that there is no way that I could leav Harrison in daycare ever, I have found myself needing to. I start Open Foundation in July, and will need to have suitable care for Harry during that time... it is only 10hrs per week, but I am unsure as to how the hours will be divided up... so I am looking for childcare atm I am gonna be the BIGGEST mess when I have to leave him, and he'll probably love it! lol

Anyway, sorry to make this a me me me post, but I've gotta run... I'll do personals soon

Hi,

Quick post from me. Happy Mothers Day for yesterday to us all!

Sounds like we all got spoiled! I got a big bouquet of flowers, 2 lots of chocolates & a 'I Love Mummy' story book. Both my MIL & my mum got me presents from the girls & no, Alan wasn't home. He's not home until 31 May.

Will BBL for personals. Very busy, almost tea time, better start thinking about getting it ready.

i forever said no no no no no daycare and still hate it - but jemima really does like it and i really do like the break - so lisa as hard as it will be when it is necessary you will be able to do it
    whats open foundation?

i was just letting go this morning and getting used to the idea of having a day off while she got used to daycare and i am finding job and they rang me to come get her
    temp 36.5 and grizzly - hello isnt that normal???? that is teeething child to me, is that not what they are trained to look after??? grrrrrrrr so i went and got her as they made it sound like i should and she was fine we went grocery shopping and played all after noon..... not happy jan

i want to get benji underbelly on dvd i didnt even know it was out yet - yippee

DH and I pulled the sofa bed out yesterday and sat there watching Underbelly for most of the day!!! It was great catching up on the episodes we'd missed.

Open Foundation is a bridging course for Uni. Because I didn't get my HSC and will be entering uni as a mature aged student, and I also haven't studied in a while, it will help me with essay writing etc... and it can help with getting into the courses I'm wanting to get into... I am not sure if it helps much for the course I want, but it will help me to be more ready and that's all that matters. It runs from July to Nov, and then I will enroll in uni for next year.

I'm off to finish watching tv... I took a break whilst Saxon from Big Brother was on... he makes me feel ill!!! lol

Night everyone

KEL _ That is weird, I thought 36.5 was a normal temp? Maybe I'm wrong? I'm glad to hear she likes it. So many kids to play with, so many toys, fun games to play, etc... what's not to love for them? How is Jem now? I think it's strange they called you, maybe she was tired?

LISA _ Is this the bridging course for Uni for your midwifery? OMG that is soooooo exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it. I want a stethoscope. Do you get to have a stethoscope when you are a midwife? If I have to be a Dr to have a 'licence' to use one, then that's what I'll do! I was thinkign I'd prob have to do some type of bridging, but then I realised I got a Diploma in Business Management, so I think that should scrape me through as I didn't finish Year 12 either.

KRISTY _ Yes, tell us what names you're thinking. I'm soooooo not having any more kids, so no fear here of me stealing your names that's for sure! LOL. Was Erin scared of the horses? Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day. Just think that next year you will have 2 lots of nappies to change on Mothers Day! PMSL. Bugger bout DH going back to work, I could use him sometimes. Some little s*its kicked over & smashed up all my solar lights last weekend. Not happy!

TASH _ My new bunnies are doing good. They are brilliant colours & are 2 weeks old tomorrow. They started opening their eyes on Sat/Sun & now they are coming out the nest, much to Bella's disgust I think! LOL. Jessica is just smitten with the 'fairy tots' & has taken a shine to Scratchy. The little one who had a hard start. Yes, I sold the bunnies with the souped up price tag. In fact, a lady came & couldn't decide between the 3 of the remaining bunnies so she bought them all! You sound like you are holiday-ed out, which is understandable. I'm loving the Tobi huggles though! Very, very cute!

ME _ Claudia has 3 new teeth, so that is 11 now. She is very, very, super, duper cuddly at the moment, which I"m loving because she was never a cuddly baby. She has also learned to climb the ladder of the slide attached to our swingset which is very clever, but soooooo scary! She even does 1, 2, 3 with her fingers (well does the 1 perfect & the 2 & 3 are desirable) before she whooshes down.

Talk tomorrow! Good night.

Jayne

Jayne - Yep, this is for the nursing/midwifery course.
    I could get through on the 2x Cert III's that I have... but because I have never studied at Uni, and there is a certain way you need to write essays for Uni, I thought it best for me to start the OF course to get me prepared for it all.... and it has been over 4 yrs since I last studied, and I didn't have a 1yr old at the time, so doing this will help me juggle the workload and adjust a bit better for when I do start uni next year

Hi My lovelies,

LISA - Good on you honey for doing that course. I'm sure Harrison will be fien as well. I loved Underbelly Wednesday nights wont be the same now. I saw on the Logies that one of the actors saidwill be making a Underbelly 2, hope so, though not sure what else they can write about!!!
    KEL - MY understanding anything 38 and above is a temperature, very weirdd, and proably frustrating for you.
    JAYNE - You can do a bridging course through Open Universities Australia which goes over the essay writing and things like that for a refresher. I was thinking I would proably do that before I study again just for a refresher. As Lisa said they have there own wasy of wanting them written, and its been a while since I was at school. Erin loved the horses. She loves all animals and has no fear of dogs at all, so have to watch her as she just goes up and wants to cuddle any.WIll make a list of my names so you girls can give me your thoughts. I like Rory or Luke for a boy no girls names popping out at me yet.

Talking about popping out 1.20pm today is my big 20 week scan, very excited. Hubby is on night shift so he is coming as well and Mun is coming to watch Erin. Will let you know how it goes. xx

LISA _ OMG I'm so excited for you! I want to hear all about it. I could possibly start making tracks towards it next year when Jessica is at Kindy, because she will go 2 x full days, but of course I still have Claudy to contend with. I wrote loads of essays for my Diploma, so I wonder if that would have helped me out. But then again, 2 kids has turned my brain to mush so I would probably need a refresher as well! I guess though that all states have different ways of doing things. I think it's mint!

Oh yeah, have you started Cohens yet? I'm really thinking about joining it myself. I'm getting really down with my weight & it's just not shifting & getting out at the moment is very hard because of Claudia's sleeping & the kids activities (swimming, etc..). I have been on my tready most nights, for at least an hour, sometimes 90 minutes & I noticed you said the other day to wait 5 hours between meals. So I have been doing that as well & making sure I eat a good breakfast. But in saying that I have cut my weetbix down from 2 to 1 & not having any sugar on it, just a splash of milk & a chopped banana. I know Cohens doesn't endorse drinking milk etc... because I did go to a seminar years ago, but I can't remember it all. It's like a 40 minute drive though to weigh in each week, so if there were somewhere around that I could weigh in locally, it'd be easier. & I'm sure you'll talk to my gf at Booragoon. Her name is Alison. I'm not sure if she has started there yet or not, I should give her a text.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Jayne xox

Kirsty - I have heard that the underbelly they have planned will be from the beginning, showing how the Morans etc got into the lifestyle they were in etc... should be interesting
    Jayne - I actually had a bit of an argument over the phone with Cohens in Booragoon last night, because they've transferred me to Sydney, and the Sydney consultant has gone away on holidays, so I am still having to wait for my new program.... grrrr.... it is fine with me going through either clinic.
    I do my Cohens via correspondence I supposed you'd call it... I don't go to weigh in's, I do it all myself at home and email my results to my consultants etc... perhaps that is something worth discussing if you're definitely interested. I have to say that when I was on Cohens last year for a month, I lost close to 20kgs, and felt brilliant... yeah the food can get a little boring, but you just have to find different ways to cook things... this time around I have different recipes and have enjoyed it a lot. I just can't wait to start properly all over again.

Tomorrow is the due date for Little Wing... it is a strange feeling because I am ok with it... I can't imagine having another baby just yet, as much as I would like one.
    My good friend from high school just gave birth to a gorgeous little girl last Monday... and my sister is a month of having her baby, so there are babies everywhere!!! lol

where do you get underbelly on dvd from?? i just looked up ebay and ezydvd and it was not there

i think blo0dy daycare just wanted one less kid yesterday so knew jem was teething so played me.... pain in the butt as i had JUST come to terms with the fact she was there and that i should do stuff around the house when they rang.... oh well
    went to mothers group this morning wore her out and dropped her at daycare for lunch and nap and they have not rung me so that is good - i will go and get her later this afternoon

i have heaps of people to find for the highschool reunion - i am up to about 38 to go i think the list started at 222 or a little less but people who didnt finish grade 12 but were in our grade are invited to so whoever we find like that we tack on the end of the list - i just rang the mum of twins that were at my school so that is two less woo hoo

gooooood luck kristy!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast