Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #12

He has 363 in total.
    He likes to buy rare ones... he bought a Mello Yello truck not too long ago which was in the $30-40 price range.
    He mostly buys Chevy's. He also has some of the bigger, expensive cars in our display cabinet... I have bough him a few of those.
    Basically he just loves buying the cars for Harrison... Harrison plays with them all too and know's he has to pack them all up when he's finished. lol

Hi all!

Welcome back Peg and Flutterby!

Will go back a bit... sorry if topics too old and boring for some.... (have a bandaid on my R ring finger.... l/o/p and . very hard and annoying, so may be some typos!!!

Tantrums/Food..... Monkey is becoming highly skilled at these about lots of things but esp food! But Lisa, you were mentioning a few days ago that Harrison wouldn't eat anything.... and I think Tash, we spoke about this too.... Monkey has all of a sudden become a fussy-eating toddler - she basically will eat a good breakfast, then the rest of the day is anyone's guess! But particularly dinner started to become a nightmare, so I've had to step back, take several deep breaths and learn not to stress - I actually read a great quote recently to think of it as a phase like any other, not that she'll be fussy forever. I try to make sure she gets good snacks and lunch (sometimes this is a nonevent too) and dinner is whatever! Doesn't seem to matter whether its finger or spoon food, she just usually won't have a bar of it. DH and I did discuss a plan to try to bring our dinner forward a couple of nights when he can be home early and see if eating together helps, but unfortunately can't do it every night and I dunno how I'm gonna cook properly with her around my ankles! We'll see how that goes... tonight at inlaws she did actually eat a bit more, with everyone just kinda snacking (not a proper sit down dinner due to rugby final...) - ate a bit of party sausage roll and even a bit of Gran's yummy vege and lentil soup (of course wouldn't eat MY soup last week!!!!)

[B]Kel[B] Hope things get sorted for you soon with blood tests etc.... My SIL had similar probs after her 1st bub - turned out she has Graves disease (which is a permanent and pretty rare thyroid prob) - she didn't have the weight loss either... I hope yours is nothing like that.... But now she got it sorted and after a bit more trying they are due in Nov (YAY!) But I also have a friend that had a temporary thyroid prob after 1st bub - accupuncture was hugely successful for her and now they have 2 gorgeous DD's.

[B]Tupperware[B : I LOVE Tupperware - as Tash will atest to! I will come to parties &/or just order stuff from you Kel! What's a 90min flight for a day trip!! Though, Kristy, I think you are prob wise not taking it on at the moment - who needs the stress of sorting all the setup parties to get yourself established etc....

Oh and Kristy, I love my Phil and Teds, but I think the toddler seat for the Valco is great - got a few friends who love it and have had no probs.

Lisa, I am soooo not showing my DH those photos!!! Don't want him to start saying "but your BB friends let their husbands collect cool stuff" !!! We soooo don't have room in our house for extra stuff - we have no storage as it is! DH has a bit of a collectors/hoarders personality - got it from his dad - the garage sale and trading post king!!! I think they have well over 100 chairs in their house! Actually, FIL is just like the Dad from The Castle - I could see him bringing home "jousting sticks" one day (you'll get it if you remember the movie well)...

I have to quickly tell you a couple of Monkey's new words this week - they are just so funny: she says "****a" for chicken/rooster etc.... because I do the rooster sound in some of her books. But she's very discerning, she differentiates them from ducks, which is (boring and not as funny) "duck"!

And the other new one has been just this week, after being sick and ending up on a/b's for ear infection: Medicine is "memi" - absolute classic - she gets excited by it and sucks it all up - today she found empty syringe DH had dropped on floor and threw a tantrum when he wouldn't give her any "memi"!!!!

Sorry, long post.... I'm sure i have more to chat about, but bandaid is really annoying me now!

Hello to anyone i haven't mentioned in personals.

Clearly my BOLD command not working so well! I think its something to do with the way my Mac interprets the posting toolbars......?

Kel - How was rove and how did Jem go with your Mum and not bb? did she notice? Hope your arm feels better soon, but milk it for all its worth in the mean time.
    - We sort of have a budget, but I don't do a very good job of sticking to it. Food is the killer about $150-200 a week and $70 a week at least on fuel. We haven't been able to save anything since we moved to Sydney, which stresses me out a lot, but we'll living happily day to day as long as nothing unexpected pops up. Unfortunately Tupperware doesn't make it into the budget.
    - Congrats on the job and the Tupperware and how did you go scanning your school tie. That is such a good idea. I have been thinking about mine for next year. I went to an all girls school. Do you think it would be possible to see if the boys school that we mixed with would hold their school reunion on the same weekend so that we get to catch up with all our old guy friends too after our reunions? I want to put the suggestion forward without sounding too boy crazy?? We have a 'old girls association' that will be organising ours and I am sure everyone in it never had boyfriends at school!!!

Lisa - My DH is obsessed with what I call 'Little Men' and Star Wars. He used to be into table top games and has boxes and boxes of figurines. Luckily he doesn't buy them any more, but he still collects Star Wars comics and books. We have a room devoted to his hobbies. Before Tobi came along they were all set up and on display, but as soon as he went to Iraq last year when I was pregnant, I packed it all up and turned the room into a baby room. The books are still on display, but everything else is in boxes. I hate to image how much it is all worth. I have often said that if he ****es me off I am going to sell it all on ebay. He says that at least he isn't out wasting money on drinking etc on the weekends. I collect Swarovski Crystals. I get one a year for our anniversary. ATM I am on ebay picking one as I am still owed one for last year.

Kristy - I have a friend who has a toddler seat on her pram and swears by it. She thinks it is definitely the way to go, I hope my pram has one for when the time comes.
    Tanties - Tobi has definitely started these. The biggest ones are when I wont let him bring his favourite teddy into the shower. I am such a mean Mum.

Food - I always start Tobi's meals off by giving him something I know he likes, eg; cheese and then he is more willing to eat something else. I also wonder if maybe they are starting to get more taste buds and that is why their likes and dislikes are changing. Maybe more or less flavour is required?? Tobi's two no fail meals are Shepperd's pie and chicken and apple meat balls, so if you want the recipes, let me know.

Walking - I think we can definitely say that Tobi is walking now. I was filming him chasing some birds at the park the other day and I went back and counted his steps and he did over 100 without falling or grabbing onto something.

Kym - Tobi really likes his medicine too, which is funny as he really hated it last year.

Jayne - Have fun with Alan home sweetie. Hope he spoils you, as you deserve it. (PMSL about the hairy legs too, as I haven't showered on my own in weeks, my legs too are rather on the hairy side. Thank god for winter and wearing jeans every day).

Peg - You're being secretive because of your ex right? But wouldn't he be able to work out who you are by what you've said already if he got on BB to check up on you? I am glad to hear things are bit better between you are DD gets to see her Dad couple of times a week. It must be good for you too to have some time on your own too, baby free. I miss going to the movies....How is your mouth? I got all four wisdom teeth out when I was in grade 11. It'll heal up in no time.

Me - I'm feeling heaps better and really impressed with myself for not only being sick but also had AF and didn't eat any chocolate to make me feel better. I did eat a lot of jelly though (I am allowed jelly). Still on a plateau with my weight and only about 10 weeks till DH gets home (don't have date yet) and I wanted to lose about another 15kg, so on Monday I am going to start getting serious and exercise twice a day when I can.

Anyway thats enough from me. Love and kisses to all the bubs.

10kg in 15 weeks - that will be tough! and require more exercise if you have plataued, pity you cant afford to join a gym then you could put tobi into the kidzclub and got for it for half an hour a day or something.... what exercise do you manage with tobi??
    i am going to buy a belly dancing dvd..... partly for the exercise partly for the fun of it -actually what am i talking about my neighbour is a qualified belly dancer i will go chat her up now

Tobi and I go for a 45 minute walk most days and I try and go on a hill route to make myself work harder. I have some fitness Dvds that a friend lent to me, so I might start doing one of those when Tobi goes down for his nap. Now that he has one 2.5 hour nap in a day, I have heaps of time to do a DVD then still get some stuff done before he wakes up. I used to go walking during one of his sleeps, but now I go while he is awake and we go to the park before we come home, so that helps fill in awake hours too.

15kg in 10 weeks whoops i mixed it up that is more than 1kg a week, on shakes diet you could do it but dont put too much pressure on yourself, how much have you lost since dh left??
    you should put some before and after shots up for us.... you rock

Quote Originally Posted by smylie View Post
    10kg in 15 weeks - that will be tough!
    Ok, maybe I won't tell you that I've lost 6kg in 5 days lol
    Without any exercise.

I'd love to lose that much Lisa, I really would, but can't afford your diet. I think it is fantastic you are getting some awesome results. Your family must be really proud of you.
    I have lost 8kg since DH left, so he'll notice the difference, even if I don't end up losing any more. I will just tell him I got to my goal weight. He wont know the difference!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789