Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

No, this was just my Sat job (which was in a paediatric private physio/OT practice). I still have my tues/wed job at the hospital and am doing 5hrs/wk (approx) for DH admin work - but that is from home. Still, it means we can have our wkends back properly.

Hope Jem is feeling better, poor possum.... I stupidly got Monkey's chicken pox vax done at 530pm just before we came up to Brissie and of course by 930 that night she had a raging temp and a shocking night - stupid mother - should have remembered risk of temps after vaccines.....

Blurgh. I am so sick!
    DH had the day off work today and I have been in bed sleeping. I have got out to check net banking and thought I'd pop in here.
    Jemima... I feel your pain baby girl! This flu is horrid! I just struck me yesterday! Awful thing.
    I hope everyone is well... and that everyone who is unwell makes a fast recovery

I hope everyone who is unwell gets better soon, nothing worse than sick mummies and or bubbies.

Ah, Lisa, hope you feel a LOT better soon - or your DH does so you can climb into bed and rest.

Kym, great news that you can quit one job! Yay for you!

DS only woke up once last night for 15-20 minutes, which was FAB, then up for the day around 6.30ish or later, not sure because he was chatting in bed so I didn't get up for him right away. He's getting a LOT better, it could have been his MMR and then his nappy rash upsetting him. BTW, chemical nappies - fungal infection. NEVER had that with cloth, it was nearly healed when he went back into the disposable ones at his nursery. But it's getting better now and he's in cloth at nursery atm, although it is more work for me taking the nappies in and washing them.

DH is still looking for jobs and we may well be getting him a job then finding us a house, but that's OK. It will still be Yorkshire. I found a great house in Upper Thong last night (not only a great village name but in the Last of the Summer Wine area so gorgeous scenery) but we're not going to get our hopes up just in case we don't get a job near there. He's said I am still to teacher train but then can be a SAHM; we need me to have a back-up career jic he loses his job at some point in the future. That's fine with me. I guess DS won't benefit but future children may - if we have any. But DS will benefit in the long run as we'll be able to do more things with him and I'll be around for the holidays all the time, so I can be a SAHM when he needs me, school holidays, and work while he's at school. Ah, I'm really looking forward to all of this!

ryn that is so exciting! i hope you dh finds a job he enjoys - what does he do???

lisa are you feeling better??? jemima is heaps better for the first time this arvo she woke up WITHOUT a temp!! woohoo learnt on the second attempt that she spews up panadol... so stuck with neurofen at lunchtime.... i am so glad she is getting better - was a long long day though - at the same time as providing constant cuddles when she woke up i have been helping out with a mailout - i am such a sucker - i cant say no but twenty four bucks an hour to stuff envelopes is not bad and i need the money right now - i got a little tupperexcited.....

what does everyone have planned for fathers day?? what did the bubs get their daddys??
    coz jem missed daycare today she didnt get to do any kind of crafty awesome fathers day thing - i got her to make a card but not the same as the awesome feather butterfly i got for mothers day when she first started

am trying to decide weather or not to send jemima to my friends family daycare - it is her godmother who is just starting up - it will mean jem will have heaps more attention during the day and get to play with her friend all day but there are things about my friends parenting that i dont like - but i just dont know how to say no and i would like it kinda - but then i just dont know - i was thinking about trialing one day a week and then if it works go for the two days but then worried i would confuse jemima with the two different places each week......

oh and another for the "she's not a baby anymore" books - i was shaving my legs theother day and she was watching and she reached in and got some shaving cream and put it on her legs - she is going to be wanting to shave by the time she is 2!

sally - thanks for the get well soon message - i think jem got it! how is brendan? do you find your friends with bubs have mainly girls??? i dont know many boy babies jemima's age

Kel, your welcome Brendan is good, he goes in on monday to have his tongue-tie fixed. We'll be in the childrens all day for that. I dont have many friends apart from the online ones! But yeah mostly girls... is about time there were more girls than boys!! When I was going to school boys out-numbered girls by far, 1 in every 3 was a girl.

I'll be MIA for a while, DP on 2 weeks holidays and Brendan will be needing all my attention next week.

Take Care!

I know loads of baby girls, fewer boys, but it's maybe 60-40 in favour of girls.

Hope the TT snip goes well for Brendan, Sally. I'll be thinking of him.

Father's day - DH was at LeMans so that was his gift! He got a card and a little badge saying "top dad" that he hasn't worn yet .

DH's work... he's a mechanical engineer. He's a senior one to boot. He should be paid about 35-40 grand a year but he's currently on 27, which is poor and leads to loads of stress.

and DS loves to plug in my epilator... good thing he hasn't learnt how to turn it on yet! That is going to be painful especially as he's nappy-free when he likes to play. Maybe need to hide that now.

Kel, a tupperware question: why do men NEVER "burp" the tupperware? Even after you show them how to? Frustrates me no end! How do you get a reluctant burper to do so?

"If it's round make a sound - if it's square don't you dare" (my tupperware manager's fave saying (he is very fanatatical)

surely calling it "burping" would make someone do it!!!

tell them magical things happen when you burp the tupperware and it will save you loads of money on food coz the tupperware magic will keep it fresh - guys like to think they are saving money

i guess you girls with baby boys will be happy there are more girls than boys when your boys are looking for love!

Hi Girls,

Sorry I have been MIA just been away for the weekend but all us have the flu so feeling very crap!

Got an appt with the midwife tomorrow 4 weeks to go!! Erin was 18 months yesterday got to book her in for her next injections but want to wait till she is over a bit of her cold.

NOt much else happening starting to think of all the things I need to buy or organise in the next few weeks, very busy with a hens day this weekend and a wedding weekend after and another 3 partys between now and when bub is due. Keep my mind busy at least.

Will do personals next time xx

Hey girls...

Selfish post, I only have a few mins...

Brendan had his tongue-tie fixed today, was a success. Went very very well I'm pleased. He's a bit sooky but otherwise normal.

I'm so exhausted, Brendan had to fast from 7am this morning.... op was at 1:15, didn't get in until 1:45.

AF was due today.... but has not arrived, did a HPT and it was BFN. Not giving up hope yet

Hope everyone is well

Take Care

Thanks for letting us know about the op, Sally, I've been thinking of Brendan (too late I know, it's not lunchtime in the UK yet).

We've started to pack up the house ready for DH finding a job then us selling! Even though my books have gone I'm getting excited!

Yay Sally! Glad to hear everything went well Yippee for Brendan!

Urgh... Today was my first full day out of bed since last Tuesday. I still had a 2hr nap though... this flu is horrid! Glad to be getting to the end of it.
    I'll do personals when I am feeling a little better.

Lisa, sounds dreadful, hope you are feeling better real soon

Sally, yay, finally! Glad all went well for Brendan

Kristy, wow.... not long now.... sounds like you are trying to nest, but way to busy being a socialite!!!

Not much happening here either..... have I mentioned that Monkey has just graduated to sleeping on a mat with the big kids at family day care? So, no more pram lugging in and out of carers house every week - YAY for Monkey!!! Oh and totally unrelated... but she learnt to say "no deal" the other night while we were watching it.... bad mother i know, but it was soooo cute! And the Dorothy obsession doesn't seem to be letting up.... since getting free DVD in sunday paper last week, she "has" to watch it once a day, but ONLY the bits where Dorothy appears.... couldn't give a stuff about the Wiggles really!!! Methinks a Dorothy DVD may be on Santa's list.....

Our kitchen reno looks like its gonna start twd end of Sept rather than now, but no matter, i'm not looking forward to having to plan clever dinners that require minimal cooking (mmmm.... prob lots of takeaway, which i don't really like.....)

Hi to everyone (got bored with the waving smilie, so went for something different!!)

kymmmmmyyyy i hope so so so so bad that you dont have the kitchen reno from hell that i did
    although the finished product is awesome it was more than six months of my life i aint ever getting back!!!

jemima used to make the actions before she knew what she was doing when she was REALLY little and we watched deal or no deal especially when we had no kitchen as the highchair used to be in the living room - no tv now means no cute stuff like that! no wiggles (i have one cd but she is not that fussed i dont think) (she was getting into the doors today) she used to get happy to the antiques roadshow tune (i am a big dork i love that show and bargain hunt)

she is heaps better thank goodness , monday a different doc gave her antibiotics and she is bouncing off the walls and only one nap today (after a little sleep in) so that is awesome - it is like she is normal child just with lots of snot and an occasional smokers cough

ta ta for now!

Just quickly popping in for a brag... he ate STEAK!!!! All cut up into about the size of peas... but at least he ate it!! OMG he's never eaten anything other than minced beef and minced chicken SO PROUD!! I can't believe he is showing improvement already!!

Hope everyone is well..

Take Care!!

GO Brendan!!!!
    I was exactly the same when jem had steak! I was so excited coz then i knew i could feed her anything at all - and that she could sit down with us as a family and have steak and 3 veg..... Lonestar look out!

Hi everyone.
    Just a real quick one from me again (sorry )
    Harrison had his 18 month check up done yesterday, as they like them to be around 19 months when they get them here.... anyway, I have been told I am to expect Harrison to be a mini man. I kind expected that anyway. He is in the 10% for his height and his weight.
    I wonder how tall he will be when he is 2.
    Do you all know that old wives tale thing about taking their height when they're 2?
    Apparently, if you take their height, and double it, that's how tall they should be when fully grown. James should be 6'3 and Madeleine 6'2, which isn't surprising because their father is 6'6-6'7ish, and their paternal aunt is 6'2, unlike little ole me who is 5'3! lol

i've heard that 2year old thing too!

and omigosh it is kinda true!!!
    i just looked up in my baby health record card thing that my mum has kept all these years and at two years old i was 86cm and now i say i am 174 but i am sure that was with heels.... which means i probably am 172cm!!! too cool

mini man harri is going to be a ladies man i can just tell! he seems tohave such a sweet personality and is so so cute!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast