Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

Hi Jayne
    Yep... back on Cohens... I went off to see what was going on with AF as it has been all over the place since the MC. I have had CD41, CD38, CD38 and this time around, it was CD32!!! So fingers crossed I will get AF on CD 28 in no time! I've lost 4.4kgs and 15.6cms... I will be weighing again next fortnight so I will keep you informed
    Glad to hear that someone had confirmed your suspicions in regards to Claudia... fingers crossed her health is on the up & up from here

Kel - Yay for Jem and the big girl bed! How exciting for you both. I really hope that AF is visiting your home too.

Hi everyone I've missed... hugs to all

Me - Well... still in chicken pock land... Harrison is getting better. I've found the only thing that's been helping his pox is a bath in pinetarsol and sudocreme on his spots with every nappy change. I've been informed that I need to take him to a Dr to have his spots assessed to see if he will still need to get the immunisation.
    As for words... Harrison has hit a quiet phase, he's not talking too much, but he does call out "alright" like a 14yr old with attitude, which is pretty funny to hear... I say to him "Harrison, put your cars away" and he comes out with "aaaaaaaallllllright!" lol
    Otherwise, he has fantastic comprehension skills which is great. I think he might be the mysterious, silent type lol

Well.... Harrison has just turned the volume up to what sounds like 100 on the TV so I better go.
    Have a great day!

LISA _ LMAO @ the 100db's on the TV! WTG Harrison! What were you just saying about the quiet & mysterious? LOL. OH & I'm loving the attitude! I"m so glad to hear that there is attitude in other homes, not just mine! My kids are Attitude with a capital A! LOL.

Oh that's great with the Cohens! I'm so glad to hear that AF is bringing herself back into line. You watch, you'll get pregnant very soon & it will be all Cohen's fault! I am trying to lose weight, but I always am!

Claudy went back for her Post-Op appointment today. Her ears are clean, dry & free from infection so that means the grommets are working! YAY. He said that he sent her 'glue' that he sucked from her ear (charming isn't it?), to the lab to see what infections she had & she had something like 4 types of bacteria present, but no fungus. It's disgusting! We are off to swimming lessons tomorrow, apparently it's perfectly safe & so we will see what happens tomorrow night after she has swum.

Well I have to go, I have special visitors tomorrow so I best go & get some cleaning done!

Love Jayne xox

Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear you are all going well. Had my Ob appt last week and had another scan and all is good, baby is head down and head is lower then the placenta so no problems there. Baby is measuring and weighing about 20grams more then Erin at this point so very similar.

Had the MOPS thing today and Erin got grizzly after and hour and a half so they came and got me. I did forget her silky comforter thing so maybe she might have been better if I had that. She is such a monkey though because as soon as I went and got her she was all happy running around chatting to all the other Ladies in the meeting,

Going to either buy or layby Erin;s toddler bed from Target tomorrow morning they are $160.00 down to $99.00 and I already have a spare cot mattress so not too bad at all.

Well better go and get Erin out of the shower with her Daddy, Erin and I are both very excited to meet Jayne and Miss Claudia tomorrow.

Love Kristy xx
    Last edited by Kristy D; July 23rd, 2008 at 08:56 PM.

pegasus Guest

Hey girls. I tend to go on another forum now. BB isn't quite doing it for me anymore. Too big.

Anyway, DD is almost walking now. And teething.

Hopefully the pox clears, and that Claudy's grommets are working well. Hoping everyone is well. Lisa, my CD range from 35-30 days, and I used to be regular 28. No mc's just weird I guess.

Jayne - The main reason I'm doing Cohens is to get pregnant again lol
    DH and I are going to start TTC in Jan 09, but only if I am feeling comfortable where my weight is. I really really want another baby now, and it has been getting me down a bit that I need to and want to lose weight first. I am hoping that by losing the weight, I won't suffer as badly with SPD as I did with Harrison.

Peg - Yay for Flutterby almost walking! I think it is better when they're not walking... they can't get away from you as fast when they're only crawling

Kristy - Wow, bubba's head is down! How exciting! I can't believe you're almost 30 weeks. I hope Erin enjoys her big girl bed too

Me - Harrison has started to watch a TV show that he loves called "Yo Gabba Gabba". Do any of the other bubbas watch this? Harrison usually isn't interested in TV, but the other day when the older kids were home, they put ABC kids on and Harrison was in a foul mood at the time, and stopped in his tracks when Yo Gabba Gabba came on and didn't move for the whole episode! He did it again yesterday afternoon when Jamie put it on from Youtube. Harrison will watch Cars (the only thing he will watch on TV) but otherwise he just plays with his cars, or colours in, or paints or draws... until now! I think he has a favourite show! lol
    Oh, and he does love The Wiggles. DH and I have been meaning to buy him tickets to see them when they come here later this year.
    Oh... another thing! I just enrolled in 2 courses! Essay writing and study skills, and touch typing. I am a fast, accurate typist, but not a touch typist.... and I figure that touch typing will be a handy skill to have for uni.
    I am also enrolling for Numeracy Preparation For Enrolled Nursing Exam and Literacy Preparation For Enrolled Nursing Exam, which is hopefully going to help me with getting into Uni
    Time to vacuum. I hope everyone has a great day.

lisa that is so exciting - so full on - but so exciting!!! being able to type means you will be able to woffle on as much as i do - i've been touch typing since my parents bought a commodore 64 when i was i dont know 7 or something, my brothers and i were made to do typing practise for 30 mins BEFORE we were allowed to play any games, my youngest brother could type when he was 5 i think.... and was dux of highschool and was going to be a mathematician p- you know the type........

so funny you go on about all the things you are doing and that harri is doing and then say - got to go vacuum - if only men read this thing and would realise all the stupid things that make us stop doing stuff!!! i was looking in the bathroom today and there is toilet paper on the floor, now if i dont pick it up i bet it stays there until the cleaner comes NEXT friday.... that is shocking that i KNOW benji would not even think to pick it up - however if i asked him to he would no issues or problems at all.... too too funny (but wrong)

just got a call from daycare they said jemima fell off a chair and has a lump on her head and i will need to sign an incident report when i go and get her this arvo..... but she is running around playing and happy.... so i will leave her coz i have a dentist appointment and want to get to the gym today and have to post the reunion invites and all is a little quicker and easier without jemima and i have a plan for her room that would also be easier without her helping, i am going to take down her cot and put her cubby house in its spot and then think about moving out the change table as we can now i guess change her on her bed..... more room less clutter which means i will feel better as the cubby house is currently in the study which i am thinking i will make a jemima free zone..... so i can take out all the toys and stuff that is in here and replace with my yoga mat and not worry about burning incense where she can get to it..... this plan could work.....

have to go to a tupperware training party but thinking the weather is so crappy i just want to stay home with benji and cook him steak (like a good wife)

peg - are you trying to say goodbye?? what other forums are you on??? i have not found any other good baby ones - the huggies one is not moderated enough and you get full on weirdos well being werid.... (yes totally different to me on here hehehehehe)

kirsty - omigosh you are going to be as big as a house when i come and visit!!!!! i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

jayney - email me with any tupperware orders you have - mainly YOURS so i can make sure i definately have it for when i come over - i have lisa's and kymmy's order but not yours!

hey hey
    need some help
    i have been thinking a bit the last week since AF has finally come back
    i dont actually want another baby until jemima is ALOT older
    BUT
    everyone in my world wants me to have more kids now now now
    my mum, my friends, my other rellies and most importantly benji
    benji has wanted more babies since jem was 2 days old
    i have been wrapped up in the idea too as in my world that is what you do - you have more babies and have AT MOST a two year age gap
    but now i want to go on the pill, and benji has made it pretty clear he would LOVE more babies soon but is ok with waiting til jem is 3 (which means i get pregnant middle of next year) but i feel so so bad
    i dont know what to do
    do i go on the pill
    or not go on the pill and see what happens..?? (it took 6 months off the pill to get pregnant with jemima)

this sucks - you all must be like - is that girl never happy!? all she has wanted for the last forever is to get AF back so she can get pregnant and now that she has she doesnt want to!

sorry

Kel - I have a 3 yr age gap between James and Madeleine and I believe that is ideal for me.
    I was able to have my James and Me time before Maddy was born... and then Madeleine and Me time when James started school.
    I am hoping there will be a similar age gap between Harrison and the next baby.... my time line is different though in that I have been advised not to risk any more babies after 35, and being that I am 33 this year, time is ticking.

Only you can know when you're ready for a baby Kel... don't let anyone pressure you into something you're not ready for.
    Unfortunately for me... I am soooooooooooo ready now for a baby.... it kills me to not be trying... but I have weight to lose first, and I am being selfish for a while by doing something for me before giving my body to another baby for 9 months.

As for what to do... I don't take the pill so I can't advise you on what to do there, that decision is up to you and Benji (obviously! lol). I have terrible reactions to it, and last time I went on it, it took me 17 months to fall pregnant with Noah... so I am not risking it again. Now, I observe my CM, and when I am fertile, DH and I use protection... so far so good
    At least now with having AF, you can at least know what's going on with your body and understand your cycle a bit more, which could make it easier for planning #2.

Hi Girls,

Had a delightful afternoon on Thursday visiting the lovely Jayne and Miss Claudia. Erin and Claudia played great together and I think they will be great mates.

KEL - Gave my tupperware order to Jayne. Hon you have to do what is right for you. It is vey easy for everyone else to day they want you to have anotehr baby but you are the one that will be looking after it 24/7. I have just turned 34 last week so I am a bit older then you,and that was a factor in me having my 2 close together. If I was 5 years younger I may ahve waited and had a bigger gap but I feel blessed that we have been able to get pregnant so quickly and I also felt ready in myself for number 2. I think you need to put yourself first and think about what Kel wants for a while before you make any baby decision xxxx

PEG - Great news about Flutterby's progress she will be running around in no time.

LISA - Well done honey in enrolling in the courses. Are they external or do you go to classes? Have been thinking of laste about doing something different when I go back to work eventually, not sure yet on anything but good to have a look at whats around.

JAYNE - Thanks again for a lovely arvo hon, can;t wait to catch up again when KEL comes over, Fremantle sounds great, I LOVED your bunnies!!!

Got Erin's toddler bed from Target on layby, not sure if I am going to try it before number 2 or not. I can;t beleive I am 30 weeks on Tuesday OMIGOD. Starting to get a bit nervous now about number 2 but my friends said they felt that way as well, so hopefully that is normal.

Our 4 car garage is going up at the moment so hopefully they will get most of it finished today as I think we are in for a week of rain. Got a pirate copy of Sex and the City so going over to a girlfriends house with 4 other of my friends for a girls night in with maltesers, popcorn, chinese food and my non - alcoholic wine.( Erin free!!!)

Kristy - I will be going to classes. They're all evening classes too which is great for us.
    I too got really, really nervous about having Madeleine when I was pregnant with her... I think it was a matter of knowing what I was in for because I had already BTDT before... and I was also worried that I wouldn't love Madeleine as much as I loved James... it feels silly to write it now but that is how I felt... I was so consumed with the love I had for James that I didn't think it possible to love another child as much. The minute she was born I realised that I loved her just as much as I loved James and I felt so much better... it was overwhelming relief too for me, probably because I was convinced I was going to be the suckiest Mum 2nd time around.
    You will be amazing hun... have confidence in yourself and your body. If it helps, I loved my birth with Madeleine... because I had done it before, I knew what to expect and it was so much more calm and relaxing. I could have 10 of the births I had with Madeleine.

wow i never thought of thinking i'd love jemima more... but that is a thought that would go through my mind... i think i told her once no matter what mummy loves you best! hehehehehe
    have decided to go to the doc next week and go on the pill - the plan at the moment is to go on the pill for six months then go off it and hopefully get pregnant six months after that which means jemima will be three years old and a big sister
    that is comprimise i think - benji doesnt want to wait til jem is at school and i dont want another one now - i just want a bit of my life back coz we figured out a baby is 2 years of your life, 10 months when you are pregnant and then at least another 10 months (especially if you are breastfeeding) after that before you can honestly go out and do things without the child.... and seeing as how i did lose part of myself after jemima was born i am just not ready to maybe go through that again..... now to tell my mother..............
    got a letter in the mail to say i am due for papsmear!! for crying out loud it is all go down there!!!

and we have just rearranged the loungeroom to give jemima more space and the tv wasnt working in the equasion so we have got rid of it again! woohoo it will be interesting as we have had it out since jemima was born but as we both had the same idea we are going to give it a go again, i am looking forward to not thinking i need to watch neighbours, and i am sure jemima doesnt need to watch dr phil!!!

have a great sunday everyone

kristy i cant wait to rub your belly!!

Quote Originally Posted by smylie View Post
    wow i never thought of thinking i'd love jemima more... but that is a thought that would go through my mind... i think i told her once no matter what mummy loves you best! hehehehehe
    Hahaha Kel! That's how I was with James!
    It was strange for me to admit to the midwives that I was worried about not loving Madeleine as much... I burst into tears while telling them... and they reassured me that it is perfectly normal... and that most women feel like that second time around... and since speaking to friends and family, majority of them felt the same also which was a relief.

Well... I am amazed today. My ex is here visiting the kids. He almost never sees them. He usually only sees them at xmas time... but now we're closer to him I guess he is going to make an effort to see them twice a year.
    Oh well... at least the kids are going to do something fun with him... he's taking them ice skating, which was mine and Rob's plan for this weekend with the kids till ex called and said he wanted to see the kids. So now, Rob and I are having a quiet weekend without the big kids! We might go to the park later but right now it is too cold. We might get to watch a dvd of our choice for once!!! lol

KEL _ I think that's the best idea you've had in ages about going on the pill! I think that your reasons are very fair & I am loving the compromise between yourself & Benji. I want to see you get yourself back in order first, before you go adding another little person to the mix. I think it's fantastic! I'm super happy for you! WTG on the big re-arranging of things & that's great that Jem has fun for more toys. Remember as the years go on, the toys seem to get bigger! LOL. I am getting all ready for your arrival. Have bought vodka & Grenadine to make fire engines, have got your room sorted, have figured out the car for car seats, I am all systems GO!

KRISTY _ THanks for such a fab-o time! Claudy slept as soon you guys left & I had to wake her at 4:10pm because I needed to go get Jess from daycare! Oh yeah, the baby hammock is basically like a real persons hammock, but made for a bub. It's super cool & Claudy slept in there for months. She loved it! The idea is that bub sinks into it & makes them feel safe & secure like they are back inside your belly. It's safe though, they can't roll over in it & because it's nice & snug, you don't require much in the way of blankets so they can't pull them up over their faces. Maybe you can check it out next time you are down my way?

LISA _ You girls are all nuts wanting more kids! LOL, Nah, I'm kidding when I say that. I think it's fantastic. But I am DONE in the baby making game! I have 2 little monsters who contribute to society, so that is me! I really do think it's great you want another family, you are a clucky hen so it suits you! I am clucky hen too, but I am clucky for other people not myself! Did the kids have a good time with their father? I hope you had a good time watching your own DVD!

ME _ have been a busy bee today, Cleaned the car wheels, done the washing, washed the cover of Jess booster seat in Alan's car, cleaned the bunny hutches, swept the alfresco & then started cleaning the windows but then spied local newspaper & got an advert for window cleaning company so have now booked them to come out! Our home is in major need of some sprucing up. We have Alan's Big Boys Shed being built on his next trip home & garden beds being bricked up & removing the existing concrete curbing & have just booked a man to come & clean the grout in all our tiles & have it sealed so never gets dirty again! Anybody would think it was me who was pregnant! LOL. Have to go have a cuppa before it's time to go get Jess from Thriving 3's.

Love Jayne xox

Hi lovely Ladies,

I to have had a busy day, beginning to think I am starting to nest!!! Julian put some pictures bought for my birthday up and I had also bought some nice silk cushions for my bedroom so had a huge tidy up?declutter and my bedroom now looks so much nicer. I keep smiling everytime I walk in there. He also put some nice silver pictures frames up now I just need to get around to getting some photos printed out to put in there!!! I bought one of those magic erasers and got all the dirty marks off the wall as well so feel very satisfied!!!!!

LISA - You described how I was feeling so well, it is so hard to think of Erin being my big girl and having a new baby!! YOu certainly helped put my mind at ease. How did it go with your Ex and the kids?

KEL -Can't wait to meet you !!! I have really popped out this last days, not sure if it is baby or the countless oackets of maltesers I have been consuming. Good on you for teh compromise honey, I think like Jayne said get yourself happy and in teh right space first.

JAYNE - Let me know how it goes with the grout guy as we were only talking about it the other day.Is it very expensive? Will be great in summer as we can catch up down the beach with the girls. Again thanks for such a lovely day, felt like I had known you forever!!!

Well off to Mum's for dinner which is fab as I am knackered after my domestic goddess day I had today xxx

pegasus Guest

Hey guys, I'm doing well. DD's walking heaps more but not walking more than a few metres at a time. Add me to msn, I just don't go on BB any more. I use a smaller forum. Let me know if you'd like to join in too. My email is catemarychurchathotmaildotcom.

KRISTY _ The grout guy quoted me $290 to do the whole house. We have loads of tiles, but luckily as we have the floorboards in the sunken rooms, we obviously don't have a whole house full of them. I will send you his number if you're interested?

Love Jayne xox

Hi all
    I have been in a bit to read and keep up, but life here is just crazy....

DH is just sooo flat out with work, which in turn means he can't help out as much as normal - I know I'm usually spoilt, so its just taking me forever to adjust!!!!

Kel, I hope all is going well with the decision to wait a while.... you are a wonderful mummy and you'll know when the time is right....

We like the idea of a 2 1/2 - 3 yr gap, partly so as not to put too much pressure on myself, my skills as a mum and my ability to cope! And its just nice to enjoy spending time with Monkey for a while.... But Kristy, I totally understand why you've gone for the small gap, I have a few friends doing the same.... it also then leaves plenty of time to add a no.3 to the family too if you want (hee hee)!!!

Oh and Kel, good on you for going with no telly!! Wow!! I'm not sure I could live without Brothers and Sisters (though it isn't on atm) and many others.......

Jayne, you mentioned to Kristy something about using a hammock for Claudia.... did you use it for Jess also? I had serious thoughts of getting one for Monkey when she was so "high needs" for so long, but just rode it through.... I've heard they are good for reflux, but are they just good generally? And did you have trouble getting Claudia then into a cot when the time came? That would be my one worry about them..... but I may still consider one for no.2 when they come along and haven't known anyone else who's used one....

Peg, so happy for you that El's walking lots now - now will come the attitude!!!

Lisa, hope your courses go well. My mum was a typing teacher (when they still taught it on typewriters!) and taught me when I was in primary school - its a skill I love having.

Kristy, you said you were nesting the other day.... doesn't that happen JUST before bub arrives??? Hope there are no early arrivals!!!

Now for an update on us.....
    My jobs suck, but am just plodding through..... We seem to always be so busy on our Sundays, we never get time to do anything (sure I've complained about this before, sorry!).

But, on a good note, we have been GIVEN a kitchen from a friend of mine - its only about 3-4 yrs old and we can't use the benchtops, but are taking all cupboards, doors, oven, stove and sink.... We don't really have spare cash lying around to do this, but its just landing in our lap, so we'll find the money somewhere and most of it we can do ourselves (probably between 9pm and 6am LOL!!!).

Monkey is doing lots of cute things most of which i forget atm, but she has just started telling stories..... well trying anyway.... the last couple of days she keeps telling us about things that have happened with words and actions etc... and like all good toddlers she tells the same story 50 times!! The best example was from last night when just before bath, she did this weird and massive exploding poo that shot out her nappy and down her left leg, so when DH came home she was animatedly telling him "poo" "yucky" "shoe" (it made it down to her shoe) and pointing to her leg etc.... and then today she's told it again to me about 6 times! I keep saying to her "I know, I was there!!!", but it's sooo cute to hear her try to communicate more than just a word.

She is also doing some very naughty things too.... she continues to be a serial hair puller and sometimes also hits in the face - nice..... I constantly feel embarrassed about it, but know that it's normal to some extent.... here at home, she has started to be sent to her room if it happens repeatedly or if she won't say sorry (which she can say clearly and sometimes just looks me in the eye defiantly and says "no"!!!!)

I'm sure there's probably other news, but I've taken up enough space and time for now!!

pegasus Guest

I'm leaving BB. Its just not right for me anymore. Kel has my msn contact details, so contact her for them. Its been great knowing you all. I've appreciated all your love and support. Goodbye everyone. xoxo

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast