Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #3

Hi everyone! Bella got weighed today and she's now 6.45kg and 62.5cm, so she's growing nicely! She was 5.14kg on the 12th of April, so that's pretty good. Not quite up there with the mighty Quinn though!

The dummy has lost its "shine" so to speak. It worked well on the first day of using it, but now it rarely works and only then if she wants it, so I've pretty much given up on it. ARGH!!! The MCHN said her grandson was exactly the same and not sleeping during the day and is now 3 years old. He sleeps but with a fight. GREAT! I have fun times ahead....!

As I type this, Isabella's sound asleep in her rocker on the floor near my feet. She's been there for around half an hour now. She did the same thing yesterday. Could this be my little princess learning to behave herself?? Who knows??? Either way, I'm happy to be able to get up and about when I want to, instead of having her on my arm!

Better go and do worky stuff - I think I owe them a few hours as I've been slack lately.

Have a great week everyone!

What's with babies NEEDING to sleep in the day, WANTING to sleep during the day but NOT sleeping in the day??!!
    My princess is talking to herself at the moment, she has been sleeping 10 mins on, 30 mins off but 15 of that is please help me get to sleep mummy..... ho hum

Liebling hates the enforced daytime sleeps, he screams like mad and will often only do 10-40 minutes. He'll feed to sleep but wake 10 mins later, crying because he's tired. Why not just stay asleep then, Silly?

But the last five nights, four of then he has done a 6-hour kip, the rest was 2-3 hours, but 6 hours is fab. The other night was a screaming night - the only night I gave him Calpol. He must dislike the colouring or something.

He's doing well - teeth still not through but he's getting around on his back quite well, so long as he's barefoot and the floor isn't slippy. Nowhere near as fast as Quinn, I'm pleased to say! He spits out a dummy as far as he can, but I want him to have that now as my thumb can't take much more chomping!

I've been reading and not replying quite a bit as Liebs has demands on my time too, but I love hearing how all the babies are doing; they have learnt so much in the past 3-4 months it's amazing!

Hi Girls!

Sorry I've been MIA lately - I've just been so busy trying to get so many things organised - mostly the trip. I can't believe we leave on Friday - it seems like I've been planning it for so long I didn't think it would ever happen!!! Pity I'm no where near packed! ROFL. I haven't even typed up the things for the service yet! And yet DH keeps asking me if I've done "this" or "that" - as if I've had time buddy! Doesn't help when he is at work ALL the time!
    Abbey is doing well. Her poo issue seems resolved. She is back to one a day which is nice! I'm going to wean her off of the lactose free stuff when we get back from our trip. Poor thing hasn't been sleeping well though - I'm not sure if she is cold or hungry as she is now feeding every few hours during the night again. Maybe a growth spurt? But I have started putting more layers on her at night and gave her an extra feed before bed. Speak of the devil - someone is calling out from her room...

OMG! Isabella is asleep - IN HER COT!!! Not sure how long it'll last though.

Kel - IKWYM about needing to sleep but not wanting to. I actually put Bella in her cot and she started crying, so I popped in the dummy and she finally (after a bit of a fight) closed her eyes and went to sleep. Why do they fight it??? Kids are wierd.

Ryn - Yay for the 6 hour sleeps! Our babies are amazing, and looking back to their birthdays, isn't it scary how different they are now? They change so quickly.

MG - Thank god the poo issue is solved. That would've been fun on your trip...! Maybe she is having a growth spurt. Isabella's had the odd day here and there where she wakes for a feed at a stupid hour of the night, although that's not often.

Me - The last three days Isabella's been "different". It's like she's suddenly become a new, happier, funnier, cuter baby. She's laughing a LOT compared to last week - I no longer have to be an idiot to get her to have a giggle.

Also, yesterday and the day before she had HUGE sleeps during the day. They were on the couch, but I didn't have to have my arm under her head, so I could at least get some work done on the laptop. AMAZING! That's why I attempted to put her in the cot today, and so far she's been there 10 minutes, which is better than nothing. An hour would be LOVELY!

Going to visit DH's friend tonight. His wife has just had twins (a boy and a girl), so we're going over for a bit of a cuddle!

Well I'd better make the most of this freedom, so I'd better get some work done so I don't have as much to do tonight.

Have a great day!

Hi MG - I've seen you around the forum, so know how busy you've been.

Michelle - the giggling rocks! DS was doing tummy time on my chest last night (so banned fromrolling over, kept having to catch him!) and just wouldn't stop giggling! He adores singing and dancing with the radio too. What a champion!

I finally bought DS a floor gym yesterday as he no longer cries every time he goes under one and now he's touching things, turning them over, having an explore... he rocks! Also got him 2 more pink cow things, one a car activity centre, so that kept him very happy. Sadly only 2-4 hour stretches last night, but he did 8-8 the night before - we need to be up just before 7 for him to sleep well at night. So we got up at 6.30 today, which is great as DS plays while I make DH his morning cuppa. I love it when DH likes talking to DS because he's all happy!

Teeth must be soon - I have cuts on my knuckles from his biting! I also bought more teethers yesterday!

Hi Girls,

I think I need a moving van for this trip! MY GOD there is so much to take! Especially since Abbey has a cold at the moment! It has taken me all day to pack because she has been so clingy!

Ryn - OUCH at the knuckles! Those floor gyms are great aren't they? The one Abbey has, has a little sun on it that plays classical music when you press it. She has been trying to work out how to press it for the last week or so - very cute! Not sure what you meant by your comment about how busy I've been though?

Michelle - how did the sleep go? It is great when they do sleep isn't it?!

Alright - time to load the car so I can just get up and go in the morning... but first I have to download the thousand or so photo's of Abbey onto DH's USB key so we can show the IL's and organise printing whilst in SA!

See you all in a week!!!!

MG

Hi girls,

Mg - Have a fabulous time honey, look forward to hearing all about it when you get home.
    Ryn - Great news on the 8-8 sleep hope he gets in that routine for you.
    Michelle - Glad Isabella is sleeping well for you.
    Smylie - Erin had one of those days yesterday only slept 30 mins

Well we had a nice time in Perth and came back with about 12 new outfits thanks to a her Nanna. She slept in the portacot whilst we were there and was really good so tonight she is going into her big cot at home so hopefully that will go ok. She has a real red neck in a little roll where I think she dribbles, I clena it every day but it is still quite red any suggestions on what to put on it, at this stage I have just used soothing crem and a little powder to dry it up?

Kristy: Quinn gets a bit of that rash and I use a olive oil and calendula cream on it, works a treat. But soothing cream and powder would work as well - It's hard to keep that part dry all the time with the constant dribbling isn't it??

MG: Good luck have a great trip!

Ryn: Sounds like Pubert and the Eskimo use the same technique to teeth - chewing on mummy's knuckles!!!

Michelle: I know what you mean about "different" it's like they just magically change one day and make life a little bit easier...

Kel: I hear you on the sleep issues! I have started to be more of a routine parent - I haven;t done it before now so now I try to get Quinn to sleep 2 hours after he wakes up from his last sleep - works a treat and he hardly ever gets grumpy now! YAY! Although it took a while for him to cotton on that these were the new rules and no more staying awake all day and grizzling and then playing then grizzling...sometimes it takes mummy a while to figure stuff out!!!

Anyway Daddy is home early today so I'm off to have a wine with him! YAY!

Have a great weekend all!

Hi all!

MG, I bet you'll be relieved when this trip is over! All the best for it.

Kristy, flannel bibs are the way to go - they absorb all the wetness. DS dribbles through a few bibs a day and he does have some rash in the folds, but it's not too bad.

Kirsten, enjoy the wine. Poor your knuckles too - DS also uses his fists, but doesn't bite so hard on them.

He went down before 8 last night, so was up for a feed 2 hours later, but then slept until it started to get light outside, about 4-4.30? Then until 5.30 and 6.30, but then Daddy got up sothat was us for the day. DH loves watching DS wake in the morning - he stretches just like Daddy, then when his nappy is off he has a bum-scratch just like Daddy... DS is DH in miniature!

Also, if we were TTC I'd be doing an HPT right now - not only do I think the tum is bigger, but I wanted to put grated cheese on top of the prawn fried rice I made last night. Have freaky cravings continued for anyone else? I know I can't be preggers, I suppose it's just me wanting to be that's doing this.

Hey
    Ryn - that sounds like an AWESOME sleep for pubert!! IKWYM about wanting to do HPT, I have a couple of pregnancy symptoms and cravings too.... but I actually have been doing HPT once a month just to make sure I'm not so I can make sure to diet and watch my lifestyle accordingly.......... cool that you want to be pregnant too... i'm guessing your DH has no idea though! whereas in my case it is Benji's idea!

Hey Kirsten! we miss you in here you should call by way more often.... one of the parents in my new mums group does the 2q hour thing too with her almost 5 month old and likes the daytime results she has.... i'm been thinking about trying it.... but have trouble getting my head around it.... at the moment i just watch for tired signals and then help her get to sleep.... but even when i catch the tired signals real early jemima still cries before going to sleep in the day time almost everytime... i am so not used to that

today was suckiest day ever
    firstly princess has rediscovered 3am.... wednesday night she woke at 3am, thursday night she woke at 2am... then been wanting another feed about 4.45 or 5.30 so i guess i've been a little tired as i am used to her sleeping between 6.30 - 7pm til wheneva i wake her between 7 and 8am
    so am a little tired but really looking forward to mummy and me yoga
    leave with plenty of time to spare as not sure of traffic and parking at peak/school hour kinda time in a commuter kind of area........ THEN jem SCREAMS in the car to the point i have to stop and cuddle her.... she is tired... that's ok.... she falls to sleep on the continueing of the trip (this is a 20min trip i think we are talking about)
    then we get there and she is cute as pie, then we are waiting for other people, still cute as pie... then we are just about to start and she cracks it..... to the point i leave the room (even though i know you are allowed to have crying baby in baby yoga i personally dont feel like being in the room with SCREAMING baby) then i cry with jemima as i REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to have a good morning doing yoga with my baby
    i'm not hestrical i am just upset.
    she finally stops so i come inside but dont get to do anything before jem does it again but not as bad, i finally get her to sleep just in time for relaxtion... i can freakin relax at home! anyway she is out of it totally so i then get to watch all the other mums do the baby yoga bit (the first bit that i totally missed was mummy yoga) (then i kinda missed mummy yoga with a bit of baby participation) (then it's just baby yoga) which i know jemima would have loved but she was so so asleep
    so i was very very upset, i have been looking forward to mummy and me yoga since i was 14weeks pregnant going to 2nd trimester yoga, i have been waiting for longer becuase i had to wait for caesarian recovery (not allowed to do it before 7 weeks) then i had to wait for my neighbour to get over her birth so she could come too and then my neighbours dad died so we delayed it AGAIN and then we get there neighbours baby slept at right times and got to to all things.... she said that she would take jem if jem is like that next time BUT i dont want anyone else taking jem, i know how she settles and i KNOW that it is just that she is tired and that she has to cry at least once a day it used to be 4pm and now it is 10am and i just am frustrated that everything that is on for us mummies seems to be at 10am (usually 9.30 start) or similar so i always end up the one with the screaming baby
    its not fair as THE WHOLE REST OF DAY i have perfect baby except for recently with a little cry (very short lived and just to be heard maybe) before having a nap....

anyway then repeats of all saints was not on and channel 7 had some show about the partridge family on! i actually look forward to repeats of all saints...... ho hum

good part of day was meeting benji for lunch and jemima being perfect at the workshop so his workmates still think she is perfect and benji got to show her off, she has only been there 3 times i think... makes me feel like a slack wife but benji just so busy at work he doesnt really get a lunchbreak so i know benji doesnt mind

day ended good too with dinner with the neighbours and jemima had a really late night feed so may not wake at 3am.... who knows.....

anyhow that's my whinge

going to ikea tomorrow to work out new kitchen! got new fridge this week (not brand spankin new but new to us.... an upside down one so i can get the important stuff out easier with jemima in one hand!) so not long til i get my new kitchen (my hubby spoils me)

kirsty = jemima's newest toy is her washer so that she soaks up a lot of her drool for me!

jemima gnaws on four fingers from each hand (at the same time - 8 fingers in total....), i guess it's the lady's way of eating he fist

have a great holiday MG

have a great weekend everyone

Hey,
    I'm here just VERY busy & worn out. I have two very sick babies with horrible colds. Jessica has been vomiting from coughing, poor Claudia can barely breathe at times. I have vaposteam burning in all the oil burners, plus the heaters on & the vaporisers going.
    Alan's ankle is still int he temporary plaster as it's still too swollen to fibreglass cast it, it's been over 2 weeks tomorrow so they are looking at surgery if it's still swollen when we go back again.
    It's just a freaking nightmare.
    Claudia is going absolutely spare in the car, to the point were we are ALL crying in the car, I'm goign to have to take her to the chiro or something.
    I will catch up on you all later, I promise.
    Love Jayne xox

Hi everyone,
    Sorry i have been MIA too, Just sooo much going on.
    I got Jett weighed the other day, 7.55kgs, 62cms long and h/c is 41cms.....
    He has finally started kicking this cold to the Kerb, now we all have it! YAY, thanks Jett, LOL.
    Zhai going well with the TT a few little accidents but oh well nothing we cant clean.
    Jett also has the little rash, i found savlon works a treat, as Jetts was bleeding, because he dribbles that much! (I feel really bad but there is nothing i can do i use the terry cloth bibs, and all his others are cotton and i change them regulary...)
    Ok better go to bed, Jett will be waking sometime during the night for a feed, Only once a night now, Woohoo!
    chat soon.....

Kel: I've never ever ever been one for routines at all ever ever! But if I try to put Quinn to sleep every 2 hours he is such a joy to be around, it lessens the crankiness - and It's like you catch the crankiness just before it starts...I'm liking the results, I'm not a 2 hour nazi - but it's as close to 2 hours as is practical - today one of the awake times was 3 hours but Quinn was fine and didn't get cranky in that time. I can so understand the stress you experienced at yoga...you set yourswelf up for something and it all falls apart and you just have to start all over again the next day!!!

Ryn: Quinn is going to have to get something other than my knuckles to gnaw on because...HE HAS 2 TEETH!!!!!!! They came through yesterday and are pretty sharp little things!!

Gotta go sorry all -- quinn is crying very loudly
    Hope all is well

Hi Girls,

Just a quick Hello, we had to have our much loved Smokey teh cat put to sleep this morning. She would have been 18 year old. We rescued her from a neighbour who didn't want her, so I have had her for the last 14 years. She had stopped eating and was going down hill, I just can't stop crying!

Will check in when I am in a better frame of mind. Love to you all xx

oh Kristy that is so so sad, that is so old though for a cat! smokey did well, and it may be 'easier' for you when Erin starts crawling and stuff to be sure she cant hurt smokey and vice verser? Very sorry for your loss though, so hard when you have to make decision to say goodbye

Kirsten - are quinn's teeth on the top or the bottom?? it's usually the bottom two isnt it?? how exciting!!! i had a friend look in Jemima's mouth for me and explain what to look for when teeth are coming, Jemima is just drooling and gnawing on everything so benji reckons it will be weeks not months. you will have to tell us if it is any different breastfeeding with teeth... my mum said it was the same but my brother started stuffing around and biting so she weaned him early but all the rest of us no worries.
    i wanted yoga so so so bad on friday i think that is why i was so upset, jemima probably felt it too after she first started crying so that may have made it worse... this friday i am ready for her to scream so she probably wont... just as long as i dont cry again it will be ok. i cant believe jemima slept through the baby yoga bit, she would have LOVED it they sing this little piggy but one little piggy does yoga and one little piggy says "omm" it is so funny!

jayne - 2 sick babies and a invalid hubby - HANG IN THERE!!! omigosh you are a legend

jenni - jett sounds like he is the same size as another baby that i know, he feels almost 8kg anyhow but this other baby is all head!! biggest headest baby i have ever met..... born same day as jemima so it is interesting how different they weigh and look, have you got any photos of jett? do you have a baby photo site?

jemima just had a shower with daddy and now i think it is feed time....

Hi Girls

Long time since I was able to sit down and write a post hehe. Moving has been such a long slogg lately,, we still have boxes in storage,, and are unpacking a bit when we can, but I just have no time these days with the 4 littlies.

Kristy hun,,, :hugs: I am so sorry that your furry baby had to be put to sleep,,,,, it is like losing a member of the family isnt it. Our much loved dog Deisel had to be put down about 3 years ago now,, and I still miss the lovable mutt.

Kirstend - WTG on Quinn's teeth!!! boy he is gettin grown up quick huh!!

Ryn - How is Leibling going with sleeping now hun? i hope he settles down for you soon.
    Any I also have a WOW addicted hubby,,,, he actually made me while preggers, make a character on there to run around and heal his lol,,, but I was only able to play it for about 20 minutes every few nights with him,, so he stopped hassling me so much to play with him,,, as he wants to play all day and night!!

MG - When you get back from your trip, I hope that Abbey settles back into routine quickly for you,,,,, I know that even day trips with Griffen upset him badly,,,, car travel gives him wind badly and he suffers for a couple of days with it.

Jen - Poor little Jett. i can sympathise with all the dribbling,, Griffen is like a dripping tap,,, but he hasnt got any rash yet though (touch wood). I dont expect him to teeth for a LONG time though,, as none of my others got teeth before 10 months old,,, and the last one was a week of 12 months.

Well girls,,,, I am not sure what is up with my little man,,, he has gone from the happy go lucky bub that only whinged when he was hungry, or messed his nappy,,, to one who wont sleep more than 5 minutes once i put him to sleep during the day,,,,,,,whinged non stop for hours on end unless he has a boob in his mouth,,,,,,,(and even then,, he ALWAYS fusses after each boob is empty,, and screams for more) *sigh* wearing me down alot he is.
    I am not sure if it is that he is needing to start solids,, but I am starting to think he is plainly ready and wanting/needing it,, as at night (when he whinges most) I put him in his rocker in the kitchen while I prepare and get dinner on cooking,,,Then I immediately feed him,,,, put him back in his rocker ,,, and by then dinner is almost ready.
    I then serve dinner when it is done,, and as soon as we all sit down,,, he starts whinging and yelling/crying out. Not sure if it is the smell of the food that is making him cry,,, but he also likes to watch me eat as well,, and he gets nancy at that too.
    He is only 14.5 weeks old,, so still too young to start solids,,, so I am trying to put up with it till the magic 16 week mark,,, but I also know that they are now telling mums to wait till 6 months to start solids........ confused as hell I tell you!! Any idea girls?

Lil

Hi girlies!

OK, sleep update - can't wait for these sodding teeth to appear (lucky Quinn getting his teeth so quickly!), this has been about 8 weeks now and they are causing so much pain DS wakes up and just screams. He'll only sleep well if I'm sat holding him at night, so not too impressed last night although I did get a five hour stretch out of him - as he refuses to feed, he actually did from 10.30 until 5 with no feeding, which is great considering he was screaming between 11 and 11.40 pretty much non-stop.

Lieby also thinks my food is a great new toy, Lil, luckily my DH is now on-board with the 6-9 month thing rather than 16 weeks. He's wondering if we should put DS in the high chair at meal times so he stops trying to grab my food. He's not taking enough breastmilk to require solid supplementation, nor is he wanting food for any reason other than Mummy is "playing" with it. If Griffen having a bug or a growth spurt, Lil? I know Lieby is constantly wanting the breast during a growth spurt, drives me mad!

DH is now wanting to play with DS and talk to him, he does maybe a half-hour a day with DS now, which is fabulous. And he's just woken up - last feed 9am, now 1.15, so not bad considering he's been awake quite a bit. Anyway, he'll need a new nappy and a feed so best be off - hugs to everyone I didn't get round to talking to and I am thinking of you all!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast