Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #3

Just a very quick post, I"m trying to catch up on thelast couple of days worth. Alan broke his ankle on saturday afternoon & then we had 5 men on Saturday night/Sunday morning trying to get into our house, so have been very scared & very busy with two babies plus a husband who can't even get up to pee on his own.

Talk soon!

Love Jayne xox

OMG Jayne! How terrifying that must have been!!! I hope DH recovers quickly and is up and about soon! Wish I was closer to offer some support!

Kel - thanks for the path info. I have been slack and not looked into pathology stuff - leaving it to the docs I didn't even look at the path request slip to see what he was looking for! Normally I always look at it! Not sure why people take poop in gladwrap - I got given two jars for Abbey and I know when we ask adults to do them we give them a bucket with a red lid that has a bag inside...

Kristy - Congrats on the wins! Can you get Erin to have a chat to Abbey about sleeping? Abbey is all over the shop - as soon as she gets a pattern it changes! But at the moment she is sleeping from about 11:30 - approx 6-7! I hope the cold's pass quickly and it's good to hear that Erin isn't being too bothered by it.

Jen - I hope Jett gets better soon. Must be taxing on you. Hopefully Zhai will stop those little things soon for you too I forgot to congratulate you on DH's new job! Good to hear he is enjoying it! How are YOU doing?

Hey Girls

I am sorta new havent been on since we had our baby girl

Our little girl adele was born at 9:01 on the 6/2/2007 weight (7pounds 2)
    she is now 3 mnths 2weeks and sleeping all night yay she is always smiling
    and she has found her voice hehe

hope to talk to you all soon

Take care
    Eve

Welcome Eve! Glad to have you on board. How's big brother coping with the new addition to the household?

Jayne - OMG, I would be beside myself!!! And no DH to protect you either! (Men can be sooo selfish!). I hope he gets better soon and those scary people stay away! How's Jessica been? Better I hope!

Jenni - glad to hear the sleeping bag is working well. I think they're worth their weight in gold those things!

Kristy - I hope your cold goes away soon. Bella and I have had one too.

MG - Poor little Abbey! It sounds though that things are getting back to "normal". It's horrible when little bubs aren't the best, especially when the cause is unknown. Glad to hear your DH is finally starting to get the gist of what's going on too.

Ryn - How's the new car? Glad the funeral was ok too - I kwym about wanting to stay near the back so you can escape!

Kelly - I definitely think you need to take up an interest of some sort, whether it be study or volunteer work or whatever. Have you thought about why you're putting so much pressure on yourself for after the weight is gone? You've obviously been there in the past, so what is different this time? IKWYM about being clingy - I don't like other people "touching" Bella in case they pass on their germs. Silly I know! I just had a thought. You've recently given birth, after waiting 9 months for Jemima to be born, and now you don't have anything you're working towards. That is probably why TTCing again will give you something to focus on again. Do you have any dreams or things you've always wanted to do? Is there anything (other than the weight loss) you can focus on in the meantime? (Sorry, that's the life coach in me coming out!). I hope you're able to work something out. Please email me if you want to chat.

Me - Bella and I have been sick, thanks to Bri who kindly passed the cold onto us. I'm actually much worse than the girls, which is a relief I suppose. I'd hate for Bella to be like this at her age.

I had a bit of a "down" week last week. I became a bit of a recluse and wasn't feeling as positive or as happy as I normally am (which is most likely why I got sick). I didn't take Bella anywhere except to drop Bri off and pick her up from school and that's it. I now wish I hadn't, as I've got a full week this week and I'm actually dreading it! When I had Bri, I didn't know many people at all (I'm not from Brissy) so I spent most days at home alone with her and I really got down (not to mention lonely). I now know I have to make a decent effort to get out of the house at least two or three times a week so I don't get too used to being a hermit - for Bella's sake as well as mine!

Isabella's been a bit horrible of late. She's sooo shy with strangers now, so if people talk to her too much, she starts crying - loudly. She likes to be held by strangers even less. I'm taking her into work tomorrow for a visit, so can JUST imagine what that's going to be like! I didn't think they got like that until they were older???

She won't sleep in her cot at all during the day now and the only way I can get her to sleep is to lay on the couch with her for a couple of hours. The only other way is to take her to a shopping centre but that can be dangerous if I'm in a spending mood and I'm not sure I'm happy with hanging out at shopping centres every day...!

As you know I've joined the gym. Not so much to lose weight (more like tone up), but because it's one hour a day I'll have for ME. Bella will be in the creche for that hour (it's going to be VERY hard leaving her there but it's at the gym, so she won't be far away), so I will have that time to do my stuff. I'm actually looking forward to detaching myself from her for that hour, as after the last week, I know I really do need a break to do "me" stuff - desperately! Maybe this will help Bella to get used to other people? I hope so! Maybe they can get her to have a sleep too! Now I'm asking way too much!!

Have a great day today everyone!

HI Everyone,
    It's been ages since I;ve been online!
    And you ladies sure can chat. I've had a horrid head cold/sore throat the last few days, I felt like a train had run over my head.
    How hard is it to look after a baby and feel hideous?? They certainly pick up on your moods don't they - Quinn was grizzly and I thought maybe he wasn't feeling well too, but he seems fine when DP is home, just when he's with me all day and I am not so much fun.
    Anyway he is doing really well - he is a giant, and doing all sort of things that I wasn;t expecting yet - he can move around on the floor - I was in the kitchen the other day and he was on the floor and I came back and he had moved about a metre and a half and had his head up against the wall!!!!!! He pushes himself along on his back with his feet! He can also get out of his rocker and thinks that's a great joke! He tries to do the same routine in his pram but that doesn't work at all! HA HA! We take him to be weighed next monday, I reckon he will be about 7.5 kgs or more! So heavy and such hard work on the back!!!!!!!

Sorry haven't had a chance to read over the last few days, and I need to eat breaky!
    Hope all is well.

Eugh, I'm back at last! DH had his nose re-broken on Wednesday and has been at home until today, I'm so relieved he's back at work and not playing WoW all day, saying he can't do the washing up because he has a sore throat! DS and I have had this cold, not stopped us from doing anything, like being a constant and undervalued nursemaid to him because the stupid hospital wouldn't keep him until the anaesthetic wore off.

Jayne, you poor love, I hope you're all feeling better now. I'd be scared too, I hope those men don't come back.

MG, DS has changed his patterns recently - he wakes up at midnight now, then has another wake-up in the night, then wants to get up between 6-7 too. I love it when the wake-up is at either 1am or 5am, means I get a decent kip! But I don't understand how some nights he does 5-6 hours asleep and others only 3. I mean, surely if he can sleep he'll want to?

Hi Eve and welcome to the gang! Can't wait to hear more about your perfect little Adele.

Michelle, I actually want DS to get the germs; my thinking is while he's being breastfed he may as well get the germs and the immunity. But Bella is on a bottle, yes? So I can understand you not wanting the germs to get to her. LOL, I was actually thrilled when DS got a cold - thankfully he could breathe through his nose, albeit loudly, all through it. DS won't sleep well at night if I let him sleep in his cot during the day, so he sleeps a lot in his pram, my lap, his chair, his play-ring, the baby sling... well, he enjoys it! The car is fab, it actually seems to send him to sleep! Do not want to rely on that though, but it's nice that he'll sleep in the car well.

Kirsten, yay for Quinn moving, that's fab! DS needs something to push off against, or he'll just spin round in circles. Yay on Quinn bing able to shift 5' away, but also this is the start of running after him all the time now. I hear you on the hard work on the back, these babies are double their birthweight, how inconsiderate! DS is over 14lb (closer to 15lb I reckon), I'm getting him weighed today (so about 6.5kg is my guess).

Me - DS grew an inch yesterday, good boy! He's still growing, He is now about 65cm, good good! I like to measure growth spurts, makes me feel better when constantly feeding. He had his second set of jabs yesterday and didn't like them. Shame, as I want him to enjoy his jabs, I told him how fantastic jabs are but he clearly didn't listen. (They are great - immunity AND extra kisses and cuddles/toys when he's older.) I am actually dreading DS sleeping through now, he's only waking up once or twice at night but once he sleeps through I have to swap men in my bed and TBH I don't want DH back! Although both my boys do push me out of bed, at least I can tell DH off for that.

Also still waiting for the teeth. I can see them under his gums now and he has been biting and sucking so much that he's given me a love-bite on my arm. I now wear long sleeves.

Just a super quick one from me girls - this is the first chance I've had to get online all day and HAD to share!!!

Abbey slept through last night!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! She went to bed about 7:30pm and woke at 8:30 with a pooey nappy then right back to sleep and didn't wake until 4 - and that was because she had wiggled UP the cot and was cold! Quickly pulled her back down under the covers and she slept for another hour then woke for a feed and then I had to waker her up at 7:30 to take DH to work!!!!!!! WOOHOO! Let's hope we get a repeat tonight!

MG - yippeeee for Abbey - I hope you didnt jinx her for tonight!!!! Did you sleep yourself or did you wake expecting her to wake??? that is the 'funniest' bit when they sleep through you wake up anyway!

Ryn - that is so funny about you not wanting to swap men in your bed! how did pubert go in the baby photo comp thingy you were talking about?? that is a fab idea, Jemima though is starting to rub some of her hair off so I may now have to go and buy the shirt that says "Mullets are cool" but there are a heap of magazines that will give you $50 for a baby photo so i will look into that... cant hurt.....

Michelle - GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW! or you will end up the weirdo that i was last week! That I am thinking was because i spent a month hibertnating... why i dont know, I had been out and about since Jem was 6 days old and full on until she was 6 weeks old then slowly i started spending more time at home (i think i over did it and was exhausted) and then as everyone heard last week i started feeling like i had nothing in my life except dr phil and oprah.............. and what's with all the colds and flus going around at the moment??? there are 4 new babies in my (real) life (not including jem) and 3 of them have had colds this week...

Jayne - how is your DH??? is he off work coz of his ankle??? that is awful...... you have 3 babies at the moment!!! you must be exhausted.
    what's with your area??? sounds like you are always fighting people off getting into your house?? do you have a dog??? i think you need a dog (now you are thinking great idea kel 2 babies, invalid hubby and a puppy... who has time for that.....) (if you want you can borrow one i prepared earlier.... i have 3 dogs but i dont know if they like to fly)

me me me - i went to a new playgroup yesterday and that was quite an eye opening experience.... lots of bigger kids (between 1 and 3) one other baby.... mothers who i dont think i will really click with but i am going to go and try again in a week or two....

me again - i have an INTERVIEW yeah me - yeah MG and others for kicking my butt - it is for volunteering to visit the elderly... I ALWAYS wanted to when i realised what a tart one of my dogs was.... this dog of mine would be anyones she is such a suck so i always thought the oldies would love to see her... now my baby is a placid smylie little thing and is quiet except for 10amish so after thinking about it a month ago when my friends dad was sick and getting immense joy out of his granddaughter and the kick in the butt i emailed them..... so hopefully i am not too full on and they say i can go and visit people... or i will just crash the nursing homes i will get a shirt saying "I visit old people" just like the catch phrase from sixth sense "I see dead people"

me one more time - since starting to whinge about my weight loss i have lost 1.5kg... freakin slowly but that is my plan slow and steady so i dont muck up my milk for jemima... i know that it is the sucking that makes the quantity but i am still a little paranoid about the quality but i figured if i lose just 500grams a week i would be back to weight i was my birthday last year by 28 January BIG TIME SLOW AND STEADY (but really i know i can and will lose it quicker but this is the no pressure stress less princess approach to weight loss)

Hi Eve -were you on bellybelly alot when you were pregnant??

kirsten - cant believe you sick as well.... so hard though when bub doesnt understand why mummy not as perky.... must have been so funny seeing quinn with his head against the wall after pushing himself... babies so funny

Hi everyone!
    Kirsten - good to "see" you again! Quinn certainly is getting big!

Ryn - I just hate to see my little princess unwell. Poor little thing and like you, I've been relieved she can still breath through her nose. She's almost completely over her cold now. I've still got a tickle in the throat but I'm on the mend!

MG - YAY for Abbey!!! Did she do it again the following night? This could be a good sign if she did!

Kel - I have been out twice in the last two days and I feel a lot better! When do you hear back about the volunteer work? I wouldn't be able to take Bella - she's too much of a snobby baby! Good on you for the weight loss too. I've heard it said that if you take your time, it'll make it easier to keep it off. Yay Kel!

Me - Tuesday's outing was very interesting. We went into the city (on a train) to visit my work as I had some forms and stuff to hand in, and then we went for lunch. Isabella behaved for most of the work visit (she slept for a lot of it) and only had one good cry when one of the guys was holding her. She does not like most people! I then went to lunch with a friend. Here I was with my glamourous friend (she's beautiful and used to be a model and is married to a barrister!) in a nice outdoor cafe, with a guy trying to park his ferrari out the front (I think it was a ferrari) when I noticed I had a nice big yellowy-brown poo down the front of my top. Yup. My little princess had a bum explosion and I wore it. I wiped the chunks off with baby wipes and my friend went to hug me goodbye and I told her to be careful because I didn't want to get poo on her (sooo glad she's very clucky and wants children herself!). We then found a parents room (I had to walk almost 1km to find one) where I found that Isabella's clothes were absolutely covered in poo all down the back. It was all over the pram too. I had a change of clothes for Bella but not for me - just as well I didn't stink. Lucky too I had a huge supply of baby wipes. So that was Tuesday's effort!

Today I finally relented and tried the dummy again. Isabella's been a bit of a horror through the day lately and I've been getting really really really frustrated! So this morning I found the dummies I had put away, thinking I didn't need them, sterilised one and gave it to her. She took it straight away (after not wanting anything to do with it a month or more ago). Her eyes then began to close, so I decided to put her in her cot. That was around 20 minutes ago and she's STILL in her cot and I've not heard a peep!!!

I'm not a fan of dummies, but this is a wonderful breakthrough! I might actually be able to get some work done during the day if this keeps up!!! Woo hoo! She's been sucking on her thumb a bit lately too, so at least I can eventually take the dummy off her (can't cut her thumb off). Looks like my sanity has a chance of remaining intact....!

Better go and actually do some work now. Have a great day everyone!

Hey girls

Hope you are all well?
    Adele is doing well larst night again she slept 8:00pm to 7:00am
    during the night i wake up and and worried that she isnt ok sillly me.

Smylie: Yep i was on here alot when i was pregnant
    but when adele came along i needed to take a break from the net and get used to haveing her around and things

I love the stage she is at atm smileing, always happy love's to snuggle soo cute

Take care
    Eve

Hi Ladies,

Mg - Yay for Abbey, I told Erin to have a quiet word to her about sleeping at night!! It feels great to get a good night sleep doesn't it. Erin has still been sleeping really well and normally now sleeps form 10.30 to 7.30am. It works out great hubby brings her into me as he is leaving for work and we have a feed in the nice warm bed together.
    Michelle - Erin was excatley the same, Erin has only just started taking it and she has been sleeping really well and is so much more content now. She is happy lying in her cot awake sucking on her dummy and she has put herslef to sleep every night for the last week. Once she is asleep she spits it out and isn;t too bothered with it. Your poor thing with the bum explosion!! Erin has done quite a few of those, but not over me in public yet !! Joys of motherhood!

Kel - Great work on the volunteering hon, very proud of you !! I think you will get just as much out of it as the oldies will. I know thats how I feel when I am volunteering. Yay for the weight loss too hon, remember it took 9 months to put on, so slow and steady is the way to go. Great to hear you sounding so much more positive.
    Ryn - Hope Bub is ok after his jabs, lol about the men swap. DS sounds like he will be very tall are you and DH tall?
    Kirsten - hopr your feeling better hun, I know excatley how your feeling !!! I am hopefully at the tail end of my cold now. Wow Quinn will be crawling in no time, what a clever little man!
    Jayne - Your poor love how scary for you, what has Perth come to now, no longer the sleepy quiet town. How is hubby going now?

Well feeling great with Erin sleeping through the night now ( touch wood). Am off to Perth to spend a couple of days catching up with family and friends will be nice and doinga bit of shopping. At least down here I can save money as we only have 1 clothes shop in town. Erin is still in her bassinet so will have to think about putting her in the cot when I get home. Erin is about 5. kg now but I still have her in the huggies newborns as they still seem to fit well. Is there a real big difference in the next size up?

Take Care girls love Kristy

Hi girlies!

I love the osteopath, DS is now playing with toys! Grabbing them in his hands, feeling them, making them do sounds... he's great!

MG, woo-hoo on Abby sleeping through! DS is the only one not doing that now I think. You must be so chuffed to get a good night's sleep.

Kel, yay on visiting old people, sounds like you and Jem will enjoy that. The baby contest results are back early June, so just waiting another couple of weeks for that.

Wow, Michelle, major poo explosion! For thumb/dummy debate, I know you can take away the dummy, but you can't keep your thumb in your mouth when running around, at least that's what I tell DH. DS just spits the dummy out anyway as far as he can, and I'm sick of crawling under furniture to grab it back. So I get love-bites on my arm from his sucking urges, but it won't be forever.

Adele, wow at waking up to check on the baby! When I'm out I'm out and DS will be in his own room (how special! no sharing!) when he's sleeping through, so no reason for me to wake and check.

Kristy, can't help with the nappies but yay for your sleeping through too! DH and I aren't that tall, he's 5.8 and I'm 5'11 (about 180cm in new money).

As for us, well, DS is so much happier after his osteopathy I'm taking him back for another session. Well, if I get them to write that it's to treat car injuries and give me a receipt then I don't pay for it. Might get some for myself too! Could do with some looking after. DH decided to start to play with DS too, so DS is very lucky! However, the night I decide to start using washable liners in his nappy is the night he does a poo on waking up for the day (at 7.30 so not too bad!). He was up last night at 9,12,3 and 6, but no fussing, just a quick feed and sleep. He was in bed asleep before 8 too, really chuffed with him (but the first feed was a bother as I wasn't in bed yet). He's also on the move - not only twisting in circles, but in the course of an hour he moved about 6" (15cm) on a play mat... not quite in Quinn's league, but doing well. He's such a star! He has also discovered his penis as a fantastic new toy to grab... didn't realise it started this young! Well, best put a nappy on him, chat later!

Hey Guys,
    Just letting you know I'm still around, I do almost get through the posts each day, but then of course somethign happens like Alan needs a drink of water, Jessica has fallen over or Claudia needs a feed & then I have to get off the computer! LOL.
    I'm going alright considering I"m doing everythign myself & Alan is in lots of pain so I'm trying to keep him comfy as well.
    I don't like coming online at night at the moment because I'm still scared from the weekend. The people haven't come back but I'm still nervous especially knowign that Alan is as useless as tits on a bull to me atm! LOL. hehehe
    Anyway, Claudia is just fantastic. Almost rolling over & she can now blow raspberries! So gorgeous. She has her tongue out her mouth all damn day, she's like a lizard! It's so gorgeous though & since Alan has been home he's been holding her heaps which is nice for her & for me. Also, Jessica is right into her little sister atm so she is jiggling toys in front of her & talkign to her which helps me out when I'm trying to do dinner & stuff.

RYN _ I hope the sleep issue is sorting itself out honey. I know it's no fun. Maybe you shoudl just let him continue to sleep during the day, because sleep feeds sleep & maybe his mind isn't switching off at night time because he's overstimulated? I don't know, but I guess at the moment any suggestion is worth a go.

SMYLIE _ I hope your'e feeling better honey. I know how you feel, it's not a nice feeling either, my weight in the vicinity of yours as well & I feel like a beluga whale on a good day. I don't know if this is out of line & please don't take offence, but do you think another baby atm is going to take your troubles away?

I'm sorry for no other personals, Jessica is on my lap & she is fighting me for the keyboard. Man she has been naughty yesterday. She poured RED nail polish all over my bedspread & I know you're all reading this saying how did she get nail polish? Well I certainly dont' leave it laying around, it's in a drawer that is taller than her, right up the very top & she scaled my chest of drawers to get to the drawer & then found it in there. Then she went & got all her crayons & drew all over the tiles in the kitchen floor. it's funny today but I was a dragon yesterday!! I'm also over being the mum & the dad & the nurse, I know I can't change the situation, but it's damn well tiring!

Ok, I better go now, I have people coming for dinner to try & cheer alan up.

Love Jayne xox

Super quick post as on way out to get DH...

Kristy - not a MAJOR difference although they are a little bigger - but should still be ok to wrap around if they are a bit bigger. We had to put Abbey in them because the newborn's were cutting in. If you're not too sure, maybe get a small pack and trial one? I'd send you one but Abbey is on the next size up from that now!

Girls, I definately jinxed myself - Abbey had an awful night's sleep last night!!! Refused to go to bed until 10:30 and then woke at 2:30 and again at 6!!!!!!! Hoping for a better night tonight....

Have to run but will try to come back later for personals and also to update on her issues....

Love MG

Hey Ladies,

SMYLIE _ We had a dog, a 55kg Rhodesian Ridgeback, we had her for 3 years, until when Jessica was 11 months old, she bit her face. I don't care if it was intentional or deliberate but she snapped at one of us & so unfortunately I had to have her put down. jessica has a tiny scar on her face, but absolutely tiny in comparison to the damage she could have caused. She was the guard dog of all guard dogs but absolutely super sweet to me, she also guarded Jessica really well, like she'd sleep at the opening of her door or if she was lying on the floor, Poppie would be right next to her & if people who she didn't know went to pick Jessica up she'd growl. She had bit 2 people prior to snapping @ Jess, but that wasn't her fault, it was people being stupid coming to the door & I'd have her on a lead & I'd say 'dont' touch the dog, she will bite you' & they go 'oh not me, i love dogs, i have dogs of my own, no dogs ever snap around me' saying this while they reach out to pat her & she snapped. But anyway, to cut a long story a bit shorter, I won't be getting another dog until Claudia is probably 3 or 4. We are thinking of an alarm system though. I'm a bit nervous tonight, because it was last Saturday night when we had the trouble.

How is princess Jemima? Just gorgeous as usual I assume. Has she forgotten about the night feeding again? I bet you were spewing when she decided she'd like a top up during the night!

KRISTY _ Alan is sore & sorry for himself & realising just how much hard work two small children are! How are you going? What a good girl Erin is putting herself to sleep, I'm starting to try that with Claudia too, I am putting her down just as her eyes are starting to close & she is going off to sleep the rest herself, I'll gradually decrease the rocking until she can do it by herself. She is no trouble though, but I think if I teach her to self-settle she will be better in the car & the pram.

RYN _ Get ready to baby proof your house! It won't be long & Liebling will be on the move BIG TIME! How is his sleep going now?

MG _ I hope cheeky Abbey has decided to let you have some more sleep! You poor chook, that can't be fun at all. Is she mega grumpy durign the day if she hasn't slept well at night?

EVE _ Geepers, what are you giving Adele to warrant 11 hours of sleep! OMG you must be on cloud nine! Good on you, keep up the great work!

IMPATIENT _ I'm not a fan of dummies either, however, Jessica had one for 11 months, but Claudia thankfully hasn't needed one but if you need to use one to get your Little Miss to sleep easier, then use it! They weren't invented just for fun!

ME _ Well I better go, my 3 babies are fast asleep, I think! Claudia is DEF asleep, Alan is DEF asleep & Jessica is on the couch rugged up like an eskimo watching a dvd so I assume she is asleep now too as I can't hear any movement! WOO HOO! I'm having a night off in the kitchen tonight & ordering pizza. How bad is this, I don't even have any cash in my wallet so I have to do it online! LOL. There is a fair at the end of our street tomorrow, face painting, stage shows, animal patting & all the rest of it so I have found some loose change & put it in Jessica's hand bag & promised her she can have her face painted tomorrow. it's really cruddy weather though, so I hope we can get out in it!

Love ME

Hey Hey
    Jayne - I am looking into all sorts of playpens and dog exercise cages for when Jemima goes outside..... I am ALWAYS going to keep in mind that there is basically 2 seconds not even between a lick and a bite.... my 3 border collies are harmless but they are still dogs! Sounds like you need a security guard... maybe get a sign that says "beware dangerous dog" even if there really isnt one... and trick the bad guys? Jemima maybe waking at 10pm lately which is fine and not for a feed I am going with she is just growing bigger..... the 3am thing was funny, it was like "is that Jemima??" "what the?" but I can handle a couple of wake ups now and then as we have been so lucky with her sleeping so so so well. With regards to baby (not out of line and no offence taken) benji and i have wanted another baby since day 2 in hospital with jem... way before i started moping around the house feeling sorry for myself, so i know we want another soon for the right reasons, for health insurance excess reasons though we would be 'smart' to wait to have the baby due mid may next year so Jemima will be 15months so that seems like a good age gap

kristy - that is a cute new photo of erin on your ticker, jem settles awesome at nighttime without me but in the day time omigosh what a drama.... HAS to have a little scream (we are talking less than 4 mins) and then she falls asleep ON ME hmmmmmm

michelle - i agree with jayne - dummies are made for a reason! i think i wish i had tried jem with one... even though punk princess is cute (she sucks 3rd and 4th finger like she is saying 'rock on') i see them already having weakened nails the amount she sucks them... i take them out every so often but would be easier to get rid of a dummy....

got pixie photos done today, get them in 2 weeks... one freebie (everyone check your bounty bags and book in!) and then OF COURSE option to buy more, it was just going to be Jemima (our freebie is) but then an hour before we have to go benji decides yep lets get a family one done too! and me with nothing to wear and the fire engine red bit in my hair faded to icky orange.... so there we are alfoil, fudge colour and benji with freezer bags on his hands doing my hair.... so funny but he did awesome job, cant wait to see the photos we all dressed in white tops (jemima of course has a white bonds raglan for just these occasions) and denim bottoms... the lady said no bright colours or stripes which basically ruled out 99% of jemimas wardrobe!

Jem is doing a little more on her belly the last couple of days before falling asleep on the floor and also when she is on her back really looks like she knows how to push herself onto her belly but to be honest cant figure out why she would want to so doesnt bother.... so puts both hands in her mouth pulls down her her gum and talks really loudly i think telling me she has managed to fit 8 fingers in her mouth at the same time....

oh and i am NOT HAPPY JAN the old gym that is 4 mins walk from my house has been getting painted for the last month or so and me and my neighbour have been MEGA excited as it was fitness first colours... then tonight i drive past and it is a fitlink.... i have to see more in the day time but i looked fitlink up on the net and it is a freakin fitness school not a gym!!! that was NOT part of the plan at all it was meant to be fitness first and it was meant to have bodystep and bodybalance and bodypump and i was going to be brave and go when benji home with jemima or even THINK about their childcare at the gym.... ho hum...... perhaps they need people for the students to practise on??

have a good sunday!

ps - thanks heaps for all the kind words of support you guys have given me while i was moping around.... i am still moping around and still feel weird.... feeling alone sometimes but know i am not as hubby as fabulous but all my friends are all busy with babies too!... just feeling useless bouncing around the house..... anyhow i am feeling a little better but have an awful feeling i am faking it... will see how my volunteering interview goes on thursday and if that is going to fill the 'void'.... other than that i cleaned the skirting boards on friday so monday maybe the window sills.... hmmmm
    Last edited by smylie; May 27th, 2007 at 09:48 PM.

It's Raining!!!!!

Morning Ladies!

Just got back from the MCHN appointment for 4 months Quinn weighed in at a whopping 7.95kgs and is 69cms long! We're thinking basketball, we're thinking male model (because he is so handsome!!) We're thinking holy moly what a big boy!

Kel: YAY for raining! Yay for volunteering too, you are probably just going through that adjustment phase it's such a new and different thing beong a mum different to any other job - I go a bit stir crazy if I don't get adult conversation in my day...which is why I think I like mother's group so much! THe girls in my mother's group do things way differently to me but they are great because they are all doing the same thing and going through the same issues as me - I don't feel like I'm doing it on my own!

Jayne: that's so sad about your dog. People are stupid aren't they - you tell them not to touch the dog and they still do!!! I never let out dog be alone with Quinn, not that I think she'd do anything but as Kel says - she is still a dog, and the risk isn't worth it! Is Jessica frightened of dogs now?

Kristy: Can't help with the huggies question sorry - I'm all cloth! And loving it! HOw much do you love the sleep through! I just wish Quinn would sleep more during the day - I'm saying that now while he is asleep! But it has only been 15 minutes so we'll see how we really go!

Ryn: Laughing lots at swapping boys in your bed. Bet it's nicer to have pubert there because you can just pick him up and move him if he is in your way
    Yay for the osteopath! Whoo hoooooooooo!!!!! Quinn is a slow one when it comes to the penis grabbing, Pubert is champion penis grabber! I'm sure Quinn doesn't even know he has one...oh well I guess there is plenty of time for him to be obsessed with it later on!

Hope everyone else is doing super well.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast