Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #9

CATE _ I'm sorry honey, I've missed some posts, what's your surgery for? Did Terry miss seeing El on Christmas? Was he terribly upset? I didn't even realise you were in Qld! How is El going? I have the same temper tantrum of Claudia standing in her cot, but she doesn't just stand & yell, she amuses herself with picking her wallpaper border off. Not good!

KYM _ You have just flown home tonight & you're online already??? You're good! Glad that Christmas was wonderful for you. I know about the dresses, I"m a girly-girl, but Claudia is always in shorts or rompers because dresses aren't practical IMO until they are walking. She got a beautiful dress with shoes from her godmother (Alan's sister) for Christmas & I'm just hoping it all fits her when she is walking.

KRISTY _ Sounds like Erin is going to be an electrician! LOL> HOw are you sweltering through the days? It's been horrible hasn't it? I felt like a roasted baboon on Christmas day! Oh yes, I enjoyed my ham this year! That's for sure! Oh wow @ TTC No. 2! Good on you. My girls are 2y3m apart & that is a nice gap for me. I'm not having any more children, so I'll just be clucky for you!

KEL _ Hugs to you my friend on your little dragon @ bedtime. I am hearing you loud & clear on how frustrating it can be. I guess I had it easier because I knew it was Claudia's ears making her so unsettled so I could sympathise with her a bit, but with Jem playing up it sounds much worse to handle. Is Benji able to settle her? Could you go out for dinner one night & just leave her with Benji so you can have a night off? I know you're bf, but will she take EBM? Just a thought, so you could have a night off, even though you'd worry about her the whole night, at least you could be away from the situation & who knows, Jem might even play the game for Benji?

SAL _ I should call you 'brown cow' for having such a super-star sleeper! LOL. I think you deserve it though with the scare you had with Brendan coming so early! Did you snaffle up some bargains? How lucky was Brendan with gifts! That's awesome!

RYN _ Where are you honey? I'm dying to know if you had a white Christmas???

ME/US _ Claudia is cutting another tooth. This will be Number 5. It's one of the top middle ones. The gum is split, but the tooth can't be seen or felt yet. Another few days maybe. She has settled down a lot this last 2 days. She has been a nightmare @ bedtime as well! She was so pooped from the opening of presents that she slept for 3 hours on Christmas day! We had to wake her at 7:30 to take her out for dinner! LOL. Jessica slept 4 hours! I loved it! My girls were so spoiled it wasn't funny. The IL's bought them a cubby house to share. COmplete with a picket fence, mail box, curtains & a patio! It's awesome. I managed to get some carpet from a shop for free with it! The also got a kids basketball hoop to share. claudia got a dress & shoes, dolls, books, bath toys, ride on zebra, animal train, baby piano, maracas, drum, yes, lots of noisy toys! They both got so much stuff, we are still unpacking it all. Christmas day, boxing day & the 27th were so hot here, that Claudia was almost permanently attached on my boob. She has been on them so much that I"m leaking overnight from the extra stimulation! It's insane. today she slowed back down, thank goodness, I felt like I had a newborn again! She was refusing food too, but tonight I made her fave & she gobbled it up. LIke a cottage pie thing, like mince & the gravy stuff but I add broccoli, corn, tomatoes, grated carrot & cheese. it has mashed potato on the top but she doesn't like that.
    Oh yeah, Alan is back, I will need to get some sort of contraception organised other than condoms or I'm going to end up pregnant! I feel like I'm on my honeymoon again! LOL.
    Love Jayne xox

mummycate Guest

Oh its just my wisdom teeth. I have to get all four out as they're impacted into the next tooth, so its GA for me. Goody The surgeon said he'll have to lift my gum flap up and out the way, the cut the top of the tooth off, then cut the remaining part in half to get it out without it damaging the major facial nerve. As the bloody things are growing around the nerve. Can't take it out in the direction its sitting, as there's another tooth in the way, and any other direction will hit the nerve. I really like feeling my bottom lip and parts of my cheeks, so I said do what you have to to get the bloody things out. The top ones are growing into the sinus drainage canal, which is why (now I bloody know) when I have a cold that my teeth hurt like hell. He said once the teeth are removed that he'll stitch up the little hole in the canals.

Yes, where are you Caryn?!

Good luck Jayne on finding something, for me it has to be condoms. Hormonal ones make me gain weight, IUD doc recommended not getting one and caps are just a PITA. I don't trust natural methods, my counting was off and we had Elouise.

Yes babies and computers don't work. Lucky I have a playpen.

Oh Kym, I wish we could have caught up while you were up here! Oh well.

I think everyone's getting new teeth. Ellie has been grumpy and difficult to feed, yet eating it all, and yells a lot and constantly chewing on her dummy or other objects. She has the two bottom middles, so I think the top middles are next to come?

Happy days....?

Post Christmas sales are AWESOME! i got a new pair bathers and boardies for $30!!!!! How cool is that?? Spent some time with my parents today which was really nice, brendan was very well behaved too.

Sounds like everyone had a great christmas! I hope you all have a pleasant new Years!!

Take Care

mummycate Guest

Oooh I went shopping too today!

I got a dress, 2 tops and a pair of shorts, boardies, a toy for Ellie (funny story about that), a brita on tap filter, a pair of fancy shoes, a harness for El (for the cot, she still wriggles so its going back), a handbag and that's it.

Well I think I still have more money on gift cards. Out of $160 of Coles Myer cards I am down to $11. And not sure how much of $200 I'm left with on the Westfield card.

Finally I spoilt myself.

kristy you are so "lucky" to have AF back so at least you can "try" benji and i are just having fun trying and hoping we catch that first eggy

we only had a couple of crap nights with jemima not sleeping, she wasnt crying or carrying on just not sleeping and not wanting to do anything else last night she was dream baby had dinner with us then bath then play then i made benji play "put everything away" with her and then read her a story and then i fed her and she fed to sleep at 7.30 which was perfect woke up about 3.30 for a feed but then straight back to sleep until about 7ish which is fine by us
    i am not sure if the other tooth has cut through i'll have to have a looksy she is a river of drool today so if it has not cut it is not long away then she will have 8 teeth

the bubs with no teeth yet must get two at a time or something to catch up!
    Last edited by smylie; December 31st, 2007 at 09:49 AM.

mummycate Guest

Oh that funny story.

I was in Kmart and wandering around and got a little fed up at clothes shopping (I'm not straight up-down so clothes don't fit me) so I wandered back out. Walked past a bag shop and thought, well I don't have a nice handbag so I went to get one. Found one, went to pay for it and found a wooden toy from Kmart. I picked it up when I went in and walked out and forgot to pay!! I was so embarrassed in the shop and immediately went back to pay. Wow, has this happened to any of you??

Hi Girls,

CATE - My sister when she was a baby in a pram would take things from a shelf and my Mum would only find out when she got home and found a secret stash in her pram!!MUm said she used to get so embarassed taking them back each time that she hated going to the shops. Good girl for spoiling yourself you so deserve it. I got some money and some gift cards bit haven't got to the shops yet think I might buy a new camera. Good luck with your teeth, I had 4 out when I was 17.

KEL - I got mine back when Erin was 9 months and had dropped her night feeds and is now down to 3 a day. Haven't got it back again yet so may by a Pregnancy test today just in case. Onec I got AF back I really started thinking more and more about it. I am turning 34 this year so would like to have another before I turn 35. Will just see what happens.

SAL - Yay for the sales !!! Bathers that is what I need. Going to ring this week about baby swimming. Have wanted to do it for ages but with living in the country it wasn't possible. Now we are back in the city would like to start that.

JAYNE - It has certainly been hot sweet!! We were lucky we got our air con put in a couple of days befoe XMAS Thank GOD.The cubby house sound so gorgeous!!! Great that Alan is home as well. Are you guys in Rockingham? We are in Mt Nasura home of the bloody snakes!!!! Can't beleive I saw none in the country for 3 years and I have ssen 2 in suburbia!!!! Crazy.

KYM - Brave or crazy might be the word for thinking about number 2. AFter resigning from work I think now I would rather have my kids first and then go back to work after that. Will see what happens.Hope yoru pram got back ok. I also have in laws that buy things to tally not my style. Somtimes I think they do it on purpose!!

Well girls have a wonderful NYE will speak to you all next year!!!

KRISTY - Yep I'm in Rockingham, the suburb is Waikiki, but everybody knows Rockingham more. Oh wow with the snakes. I'd sh&t myself, that's for sure. I'm terrified of snakes. My parents are in Spearwood & last year a snake got into their games room & their cat got it & it bit the cake so many times that she was killed. I didn't go to mum's for nearly a month after that. I was so scared that Claudia would be lying on the floor & a snake would slither up & bite her. Dad got all this stuff, lime & sulphur I think to line the perimeter of the house. Apparently snakes won't go past it. Thank goodness there hasn't been anymore.

CATE _ You BIG stealer! LOL. How embarrassing. It's one of those things isn't it. I hate it when I've gone through a checkout but then the electronic gate thingy's beep as you're going out. I always get so embarrassed unloading everything from my bag again for them to check the tags. Wow on the handbag. What's it like?

SMYLIE _ Oh boy, you're TTC as well! Geepers! How does that work when you bf'ing & not seeing AF? Because we still ovulate don't we? So you are making a Big Ted for Jemima to play with! LOL. Sorry, had to add that in! PMSL.

ME _ I'm taking the kids on the new train today. We just got a train line put through the southern suburbs so I"m taking the kids for a ride on it to a newish shopping centre - Gateways. Jessica can't wait. We are just waiting for the monster to wake up. Horrible child she has been overnight!

Love Jayne

hey jayne
    with no AF you just have fun trying.... benji and i have been trying since Jemima 2 days old in hospital (we didnt actually try til she was 4 weeks now i think about it) (but we decided we wanted another baby asap) BUT no AF means no ovulation which means no baby 99% of the time, sometimes when heaps of feeds are dropped AF comes back or sometimes it makes no difference and sometimes it is when the nighttime feed is dropped (which was jem at 5 weeks) SO we just wait and try and that is that
    i dont mind waiting til i lose at least another 8-12kg will be more ready to put body through pregnancy again.

kym - when you say you are going to wean monkey off lunchtime boob are you replacing it with cowsmilk in a cup or what??? i am VERY interested as jemima is eating heaps more food and not needing as much boob lately so getting rid of daytime feed would mean i could wear some different clothes that mean i can keep boobies in rather than wanting to know i can pop them out at short notice... no routine means random feeds but i dont mind.....

mummycate Guest

Is just a plain rectangle leather like (for the price it may not be real leather) with a long thin shoulder strap. Simple, but nice.

Haha you big thief Cate!! LOL

BRENDAN IS CRAWLING!!!!!!!!!! he goes less than a foot forward and less than a foot backwards, and he mostly drags himself... but I have witnessed a proper crawl!! YAY!!! I'm so happy. Brendan was 10 months on christmas day and he is finally crawling!! Hopefully he will be able to sit soon, that would be extra awesome!!

Hope you all have a lovely evening!
    Take Care

Hello chatterboxes! I've just put DS down for his morning nap so will chat.

Christmas - a bit of snow, but it didn't settle. Too many toys for DS. MiL wasn't too bad, her only "bad" comment was that DS could do a jack-in-the-box that Boo couldn't do - Boo is 2yo niece. In front of BiL and SiL. I hate comparisons, and I hate them more when it's comparing 2 babies 14m apart in front of both mothers. My family rocked, we had a good time this year, DH was really surprised! Just a little bit of misplaced b*tchiness from my mum but it wasn't towards us.

Teeth - DS is teething again, not too happy. His lower right second incisor. Poor love, but also poor me with sleep very disturbed, I was up for a half-hour then a full hour getting DS back to sleep. THEN DH'S STUPID NEW DALEK ALARM CLOCK WOKE DS UP! Not happy about that.

Yay for Brendan crawling!

Cate, happened to me Christmas shopping. I put crayons on DS's legs and looked round a bit more, then walked out... went back in 3 seconds later and found something else to buy so I didn't look stupid. At least it sorted out Niece's Christmas present!

Weaning, I'm dropping lunchtime not this week but next. I'm going to offer breast after food, then 2 weeks after that no breast, just solids and water (normally DS has breast, then whatever solids he wants from my plate, usually pasta goes down well).

My good news is that DH and I are sleeping together again in the bed, I'm allowed the monitor in the bedroom. DH sleeps pretty well with it going. DS is walking quite well, he just lacks confidence or doesn't want to change what works well, cruising is quicker than walking. But I am plonking him down with nothing around, walking back and saying "walk to Mummy!" quite a bit now so I am looking forward to him getting the idea soonish. He also has four words back, Daddy, Mammy, hi and hug. He verbalises tiredness and he asks for food and drink, but only in Liebling-language, in which he is most fluent. He is English too, when we don't understand him he just repeats himself louder and more slowly LMAO.

As for TTC, we're having questions already when #2 is appearing. Very vexsome (I think I'm ovulating around now, due to mucus: I hope not! I want AF to stay away!). I've said it will be quite a few years, I have to re-train then get a job then a new house and redecorate... but (sssh!) we are also considering DS being an only one. I would love three (or six, but DH doesn't want six!), but tbh I don't know if I can do this again in my 30s. The no sleep is killing me. I know the next one may be different but what if the next one is the same? I haven't slept for months. But I am getting blackout blinds for DS's room as he slept better at my mum's (once sis was out the house... she's LOUD!) and my room there is darker than his room here. I know he's teething and tbh 3 hours at a time is good for teething for him, but I much prefer 6-7 hours at a time. And knowing he'll sleep for a while once we've put him down. I've put him down, rather. Anyway, DH had a nasty bike accident when DS was 3m old, so if we decide no more then we'll blame that. Just can't take the lectures of why I don't want only one.

Um, I'm sales shopping with a girlfriend next week. The babies can enjoy themselves in their pushchairs. Her DH decided to keep the sports car, so they have no car so she and her girl have to walk everywhere! His parents are in the village and hers are overseas, so they don't need the car so much, but still I'd be fuming! At least I can take her shopping for baby clothes et cetera.

Think that's it... oh yes, I was bought a title for Christmas, so you all have to call me Lady Rosehip now LMAO. It's so great, DH has been laughing that he's an ambassador and I'm his "wench" (so much fun for me!) and now HA he's "just" an ambassador and I'm a Lady! Going to train DS to announce us when we visit anywhere now.

Kel, sorry don't have time to chat now.... but check out my thread on the infant-led BF and weaning page - some good ideas... (it's titled "opinons on cows milk for 10 month old" or something.....)

Briefly what I have ended up doing is offering her watered down (slightly) cows milk in her cup, but she is not interested at all - maybe has 20 ml if I'm lucky. But she has been totally happy and normal Monnkey, so I think she doesn't really need it! Interestingly she is drinking way more water, so I'm glad she is recognising she wants the fluid but obviously not the milk as such.

I would say that she is now making the most of her 2 feeds plus has seemed to really "need" the o/night feed again, but I'm cool with that.

My boobs have been surprisingly not too bad..... and yeah, I love being able to wear anything in the draw again, not have to choose "easy to pop boob out" tops!!!

mummycate Guest

I've been a bit stressed lately. El clapped for the first time on Christmas Day, nothing since. She's been a real problem lately but today has been excellent. Took her to the dr and she was very well behaved. He thinks she has chickenpox (my suspicions also), we're just waiting on patholgy.

cate - what do you mean when you say el "has been a big problem lately"? chicken pox!!! what are the symptoms before the spots?

Hugs Cate! Hope shes better soon.

Brendan is off!! He's crawling EVERYWHERE!!!! Usually heads for the door! hehe

Take Care

mummycate Guest

Hard to hold her to feed her, she struggles but I know she's hungry, she takes at least 30-90 minutes to settle for sleep. She can just be loud and yell a lot. And then the blisters started appearing. I thought, oh some blocked duct pimples. Some more, hmm insect bites? No that doesn't look right, definitely blisters. Chickenpox. Has to be that. New years, well she's doing ok I'll take her to the doctor after new years. And doc said, yeah probably chickenpox. So pr1cked open 2 blisters with a sterile needle to swab, Ellie was excellent, didn't even flinch or make a peep. Just watched. So we just have to wait. She's been really good today, woke at 7.30 rather than 6 (mummy was SO HAPPY) and didn't want brekky after bottle but that's ok, she had a good nap, about 45 mins. Then play, bottle, lunch, yogurt, play, some fruit juice iceblock, and then nap for almost 1.5 hours, more play, a jar of fruit gel, play, some dinner, bath, milk, bed, took her 1.5 hours to fall asleep but I let her lie quietly for about 30 mins before really settling her for bed. And the whole time she was in bed never cried out. Just sat there oohing and aahing and blowing raspberries. Excellent day.

ETA: apparently pr1ck is a bad word, but that is exactly the word I need.

thanks for that cate, i will keep an eye on jemima, i have been thinking another tooth coz of the way she has been lately and that she has mozzie bites but who knows hey..........

go brendan!!!!! crawl everywhere get into EVERYTHING!!!!!

jemima must have heard me talking about dropping middle of day feed and did it herself..... i asked mum about it on monday and kind of noticed she wasnt having that much and then tuesday and wednesday she just didnt ask for it! awesome now i dont have to think about cows milk or anything as she has yogurt for lunch there is her dairy!! might have been easier coz i never offered it after lunch or anything i would just wait for her to ask for boob and give her boob so sometimes it was 10.30 and sometimes not til 3pm and now she doesnt even ask

us of no routine has been getting one in the afternoons.... so weird......
    we have 4.30pm first dinner which is fruit and whatever left over from brekky and lunch and then either with benji and me or 6.30pm whichever comes first is dinner and then bath and then book and then boob then bed! routine!!!! woweeee
    she almost ate what we ate tonight for dinner we blended up her beef strog but she wasnt that keen on some of the texture of it but she gave it a good go.....
    babies are so confusing
    jayne - on my facebook are photos of christening - actually no they are on jemimas..... hmmmmm i will add you as jemimas friend

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast