Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #9

RYN _ HOw's Liebs now with the burns? MY goodness, that would have been terrifying. I agree with the attachment, however, you need to get Dh doing MORE with him, so that he knows that Daddy can do everything that Mummy can, expect give the boobies!!!

We are off to the DR, Claudia has this 'thing' on her arm, it looked like a chicken pox in the beginning, but she hasn't got anymore & it's blistered, popped & now it's getting larger each day. It actually looks like a burn, but she hasn't been burned. The pharmacist said it's a 'school sore' & I need to get her into the Dr for AB's. So we will see what it is?

Love Jayne

Hi girls

I hope Claudia is OK, that doesn't sound good! Is it a sympathy burn for Liebs? Claudia needs to stop the sympathy sleeplessness and the sympathy injuries, bless her for being so caring. Hope it's nothing too stressful, Jayne.

Bandage is off the arm, his hand is fine. His leg has a rather nasty sore on it, but he is walking just fine. It's covering his lower leg, but should heal pretty nicely as he still has skin there, just not that much. There may be slight scarring, but tbh I doubt that anyone would notice without being told in a few months, babies grow skin and heal so quickly. But I am going to keep an eye on it because I don't want him with tight burns-injury skin, nor do I want the sudden skin growth to turn into something nasty.

Thinking of potentially nasty things, any babies getting moles yet? DS has 3; one on his lower right arm, one just above his left heel and one on his bum. I keep thinking that one is poo so try to clean it off! Any other moley babies?

no moles on my baby........ mozzie bites though, I HATE when she gets them as it seems she has skin that reacts weridly to them, they turn into big big welts (size of 10c sometimes bigger) oh well

must be scary when baby hurts them self, the whole out of your control thing....

jem seems like she has a cold, kept us up most the night and has a gazillion breast feeds since midnight and is all snotty oh well she has not been sick for a while guess it was just a matter of time

RYN _ Thankfully Claudia doesn't have any moles, she doesn't even have any freckles. Jessica has a couple of freckles & I must keep an eye on her because she is one who loves the sun. Wants to be at the beach all day every day, has a very gorgeous white bum & the rest of her is all beautifully tanned from the summer over here! She wears her hat the whole time she is at the beach though & I've even bought her the long armed swimmers to protect her & she won't go in the sun unless she has sunscreen so I'm lucky about that. How is Liebs going now? With the scars, you could try the wheatgerm oil from the Body Shop, I used that on Jessica's face after the dog bite when she was 11 months & you can only see it now if you really look for it & the skin isn't a different colour, it's just that she has a 'dent' in her skin, IYKWIM?

Oh yeah, with Claudia's arm, turns out she doesn't have school sores, but she has been bitten by a SPIDER & it's infected! She's on AB's & I've been putting Betadine gel on it & putting a dressing over it during the day, & having nothing on it overnight to help it dry out. Seems to be doign the trick. It's less red & angry today, but still the same size.

SMYLIE _ Hope Princess Jem is over her cold quickly, the gazillion breastfeeds sounds like Claudia when she is ill, I think more 'comfort' than actual feeding, wanting to be close to us. I try & remind myself to treasure it because by this time next year it'll all be over. But then, you are going for Round 2 so perhaps you might be doing the same! Hope she is better soon all the same!

Hope everybody else is great!! What are all your Australia Day plans (except you Ryn hehehe_).

Love Jayne

The burn is healing so well, I think it will be fully healed by his birthday and come the summer you won't be able to see it - we have a wedding to attend end of June so maybe shorts? Cute shorts and matching waistcoat and shirt? Ooooh, I love dressing my little man! Have to get it in grey/red as I'll be in red and DH will be in a grey suit with a red tie... must buy DH a red tie... have to colour-co-ordinate...

I hope Claudia is getting better quickly too, spider bite OUCH. Not nice!

So, I'm not allowed Australia Day plans then? Hmmmph. I was planning on Bible Study in the morning followed by playing kangaroo with DS in the afternoon... but we do lots of bouncing normally, so may have to do more than play kangaroo and call him "mate" a lot. Maybe a barbeque lunch? Whack some prawns on the barbie, it'll be grand.

As for moles, I'm a moley person so it isn't worrying me with DS - well, not too much. I just keep an eye on it.

grey red will look adorable on pubert, so glad you have the pubert photo on his facebook. your plans for australia day are better than ours! it falls on a saturday here so i have to do swimming lessons with jemima that she missed on wednesday, pick up a cupboard we bought for her that i will do up (for all her clothes ho hum) but then we are going to lake moogarah for the afternoon/evening so that will be nice.... never thought of playing kangaroos with jemima, we jump but i thought she was dancing

jayne, are you kinda glad it wasnt a school sore on claudia??? spider bite way more random and easier to get rid of..?? i've seen some itty bitty spiders around the house here but get more worried about the ants outside, gotta get rid of them somehow

just found some balls from her little ball pitt downstairs with the dogs so she has obviously went and thrown them through the babybarrier to them last night, probably with benji's encouragement...... hmmmm i am going to wash them good but still.....

turns out she has an ear infection (i reckon coz of all the snot from this kinda cold she has) so i am hoping the kidzclub at the gym will still take her... ITS JUST FOR HALF AN HOUR, or can one of you come and watch her?? hehehehe i wish MAYBE i ask my neighbour too... that's random.... hmmmmmmm

gotta go see if that could work

SMYLIE - Yep, totally glad it's not school sores, I felt really 'dirty' with the idea that she had some contagious virus & I had no clue where she could have got it from. Sealing the sore with a dressing after applying the betadine has been a godsend. Although I call her Nicorette because she looks as though she has an anti-smoking patch with it on. It's on her bicep so looks very amusing. Somebody asked me what was wrong with her & I said she was trying to quit smoking. LOL. Wow, you have plans for tomorrow that sound good! OMG with another ear infection! I bet you are kicking yourself. I really hope this isn't a regular thing, I know what you're going through & it isn't fun!

RYN _ Yep, if you have a bbq & call Liebs MATE for the day, you can have all the Australia Day Celebrations that you like! I have no idea what I'm doing, I have been invited to my cousins bbq, but not sure yet. Oh & I'm loving the red & grey clothing for the wedding! Too gorgeous!

Love Jayne

I'm doing the Bible study on Jacob's dream, when he left home to escape Esau's upset. Then we're getting our wobbleboards out and singing Stairway to Heaven - btw, is it so wrong that I only really know the Rolf version?

I'm wondering if DS has another ear infection, he's tugging his ears a lot but sleeping OK (OK... up at 11.30 and 4) and still talking, but with all the painkillers I give him I don't know how much pain he's in, if any. Going to ask the nurse to look at him this morning when we change the dressings.

Well done Claudia on quitting smoking! So proud of you darling. I wish DS had a patch now instead of a bandage. He doesn't like walking on the bandage without me, so it's a bit annoying tbh.

i didnt even think of jem's ears!!! i felt kinda stupid to not even think of it... my doc rocks though and just prescribed her amoxil which she doesnt mind.... actually she will suck ANYTHING out of a dropper it is awesome, she thinks she is too cool for school if she can hold the dropper and suck it so i say go right ahead princess and then medicine time is over!
    but yeah jem was her same self which is why i didnt take her to doc earlier and it ended up being ears...

i didnt end up getting a random neighbour to watch her i took her to kidzclub and she was ok but i can tell she was only OK but then she had a nap and we went to inlaws lunch and she was perfect and had another nap when we got home...

oh yeah i am going "back to work" in 2 weeks heheheheheheheh I am going to be working at the church opshop on every second saturday morning!!! i cant wait!!! i LOVE opshops and now i get to work in one... i say it is work even though i wont be paid (except for being able to get the good stuff first hehehe) it will just be 4 hours a week where i get to have a "break", kinda docs orders coz i am getting really bad tension headaches so he said to do something for myself, i am a little bit scared coz i have changed heaps since not working and i have had jemima with me for every second of every day of the last 12 months (except for kidzclub i can still count only 8 times i have been in a different building to her) anyway learning to be Kelly not Jemima's mummy is going to be good
    he could have just given me sleeping pills.... that could have gotten rid of headaches too?

just realised i have one more episode of ER to watch (i hired out series one for something to make me chill out) so i better watch it or the cute boys at the video store will have to charge me overdue fees...

RYN _ YOu will be pleased to know that Claudia has almost quit smoking. Her bite is looking terrific today. Hopefully Liebs can have the bandage removed when he sees the Nurse tomorrow. Good thinking about having his ears checked, you just never know!

KEL _ I just e-mailed you hun. Hope that Jemima gives you a good night tonight, you are a brave woman waking a sleeping child! WOO HOO on the gym workout & WTG on the job! Can't wait to hear the bargains that you are going to bring home!

where is everyone?????
    HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!
    AUSSIE OI AUSSIE OI AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI!!!

HEHEHEHEEH i crack me up

jemima was an angel today went to sleep at about 9.30 just waking NOW so that is 3 hours so i have done all the edging in the front yard with an old fashion edger blo0dy hard work!!!

drank too much and got home too late last night but feeling surprisingly good

got a old wardrobe from a different opshop so about to go and paint it for jemima

oh jayne - you are a legend mum - was it you that said chicken snax???? if so THANK YOU, jemima loves them! and they dont make as much mess as cheeseballs.... i just read the tag of a dress i am soaking cheeseball stain out of and it says it was made in the himalayers, fancy smancy trendy thing jem got as a gift... whoops....

guess what since Jemima was born i have lost 20.8kg - so there! i have about 8ish to go until i am the weight i was before i was pregnant ... silly me for eating for two footballers when i was pregnant and putting on 30kg! hehehehe slow and steady wins the race by my birthday in april hopefully i will be at that weight

lunch time for jemima!!

Hello, am here, but have just been reading... feeling very busy and less time to post, as want to spend time with my girl....

I know I'm only working 2 days but it was awful this week and it feels like I have to squeeze so much into the rest of the week.

I'll fill you in on details when I have the energy, but the short story is my new department are rude, cold, unwelcoming, snobs (mostly, except for my best mate who works there and if she wasn't there it would have been a whole lot worse!). And I missed Monkey soooo much that when I cuddled her to sleep on the Tues night I could have just sat there all night holding her...

Sorry to sound so negative, I'm sure it'll all get better.

Love to all, esp those with bandages! Hope spider bite and burns heal quickly for you both.

Oh, and congrats on cool new job, Kel!

KYM _ Sorry to hear that the job isn't going so great atm, I'm sure that in time it'll get better. I'm loving the big cuddle with Monkey though! Good on you, I bet she loved it too! Lucky you've got a good friend at work, she is going to make it easier for you I'm sure.

KEL _ Ummah, big night out on the town! Good job Jemima had a good sleep today, you got truckloads of things done by the sounds of it! Yeah, I did mention the chicken crimpy's. They are great aren't they? Claudia is also liking the cheesy supreme or something like that Snackatas. You know those rice cracker thingys? Oh & the cheese sticks she is gobbling down like no tomorrow. I have almost replaced the lunch time feed with one of those cheese sticks & some water.

US _ I spent all morning at the hospital with Claudia. She has a raging fever of 39.9 & she screams when you move her, as though something is broken, but it's not? It's weird. She is also plastered in a rash, which they told me was a viral rash. When I go to put her down, she goes stiff, as though she is in total agony, but she has been walking & crawling today when she has had a good 'moment' so she's not broken. It's weird. My back is breaking from carrying her all day. She has been asleep nearly 2 hours now, so I'm hoping she's settled in for the night. her temp has come down to 38.9 which is still very hot, but better than it was. I'm hoping she is better in the morning because we have hi-5 concert!!!

Good night!

Love Jayne

jayne jayne jayne OMG how scary and awful for claudia i hope she is ok!

cool new job not really hard to get when they need volunteers, i feel a bit sorry for them actually coz they wont know what hit them.... perhaps that is why i have been hesitate to do anything coz i can be a little overwhealming .... i start next saturday.......

kymmmmmmmmy hang in there, and just think what they are probably thinking about you only working some days a week and then imaging you sitting at home doing nothing etc etc, people are jealous usually, also i bet they dont have kids or they are older kids or whateva..... just dont worry about monkey she will be getting totally over stimulated at daycare and will be loving the attention! i was thinking about you the other day when i was cuddling jem to sleep thinking WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THIS! i honestly dont care that my nearly one year old NEEDS me or cuddles to get to sleep it is lovely and sometimes just sometimes she pretends to be asleep so she can get more comfy in the cot and that is the cutest thing ever...

got heaps done today but got heaps sunburnt on one iddy biddy part of my back so that is very painful but cupboard basically done to put in jems room and now i will be able to be on the computer MORE coz we have made the study half a playroom by moving things around WE NEED BIGGER HOUSE but staying here til just before jem starts school we think

VERY exciting stuff did i tell you???? doctor said that he thinks i have HIGH chance of getting pregnant due to the number of feeds jem is down to so i am very very excited about that all the trying benji and i do will now actually MAYBE make a baby... very very excited

New thread time

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678