Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #9

Hey Lisa, I've missed you!
    I figured you prob had your hands full with the kids / school hols etc....
    Congrats on the big move - all the best.
    Harrison is looking more handsome every day - go curls!! (Monkey has plenty too...)

Hey Lisa,

Congats to you guys on getting the dream job! How awesome is that. I bet you guys are just stoked! I'm loving Harrison's curls! I bet you don't when you have to brush them! Do you have curly hair, is that where he gets it from?

Ok, you girls all scare me, Claudia took over 2 hours to get to sleep tonight. I'm walking around the house with her doing WHATEVER to get her to calm down & I'm cursing you girls all the time! Claudia seems to do things about a week after you guys complain about it with sleep issues!

I'm off to my mums in the morning, spending the day there with my parents & going to a going-away party for our friend that night, coming back to my parents, staying over night & then coming home sunday. Jessica is soooooo excited. I'm not sure Mum & Dad will share the same enthusiasm if Claudia puts on the same performance that she did tonight.

Hope you are all having sweet dreams!

Love Jayne

L I S A welcome back!!!! was wondering about you.... not a bad thing that you been too busy for computer!!!

I feel like i've been on the computer non stop!! finally got jemima's invites printed today and right now doing the labels they all have a carebear cloud and star on them with carebear font for the pink writing on a clear label very cute!

jemima didnt go to sleep straight away tonight like she normally does, she got milk drunk like she has been then sat there LAUGHING!!!???!!!! cute as but ho hum! probably ended up in bed about 9 instead of 7.30 anyway its all good may mean a sleep in?? heheheeheh

jayne - yesterday i had normal baby, wednesday pretty awesome child BUT TODAY AMAZING baby, so i wish that upon you!!!! she was just adorable all day and when i went grocery shopping she slept the whole time in the trolley i had to use one of the baby capsule ones not a normal one for first time in ages she woke up when i went to pay and then was cute as for the butcher and all the way home and all night, i went to the physio (i counted the 8th time i have left her in her life - kidzclub doesnt count coz i am still in the building and they DO come and get me) and got home and she had been awesome for benji...... coz we were out most of the day day sleeps were not an issue she went to sleep pretty easy coz she was tireder this morning then usual as she slept in and then we went to the gym, printing place and then home then big nap and trip to glass place (i'm trying to finish this darn kitchen), MIL for pittstop as i had no yogurt til grocery shop then nap at grocery store and then butcher then home for first dinner
    loving being a mum today
    yesterday different story - i had issues with cleaning under highchair... go figure

two exciting things
    one - as of today i have lost 4.3kg on my stupid diet in 2 weeks so yippee
    two - jemima is still asleep!

Hi girls,
    How are you all? I have been reading every chance I get so I don't get too far behind in everyone's entries. It sounds like you all have been having a hard time lately and I hope everything picks up soon. We are up in QLD at the moment. I am looking forward to my DH going back to work next week and everything going back to normal and getting back into a routine again. Tobi has been out of whack. Some days he only has one sleep and then the other day he had four, but he had a temperature, so that was probably the cause and we were in the car all day too. Anyway got to run. Hope you're all well and happy.
    xxx

Hi girls! We finally got back from Thailand late on Thursday night and we're still catching up on washing and stuff. YUK! Thailand was AMAZING! We had a fantastic time although we really missed the girls. I don't think I could have stayed away longer than a week.

Bella was an angel for Mum. She was sleeping 12 hours every night (what the...?!) and was having two 2 hour sleeps through the day. Last night was her first night at home, and although she grizzled a bit when I put her to bed she slept 11 hours.

I've only had a chance to quickly skim through what's going on and for those girls having trouble getting bubbies to sleep, I feel for you. I suppose I was ok about letting Bella cry (not too much and not too upset) on occasion and I'm being rewarded for that now.

Catherine, I hope your custody stuff works out and bub doesn't get dragged into any of it - that's the worst thing that can happen and can really mess them up.

Gotta go - I'm now a website builder (hence the trip to Thailand which was mainly for pleasure but had some business thrown in to make it tax deductible!), and I've got some stuff to do for my website.

Hi Ladies,

Welcome back Lisa.

Got the results back from my 2nd pap smear and they have come back with abnormalities again and CIN1 which is to do with abnormalities in the cells. So I have to have a Colposcopy whcih is like a pap smear but with a camera and they inject some dye to have a look more closely. Have an appt on the 12th Feb so not too long to wait. Will have to put the baby plans on the back burner till I see what the GYYNO says.

Other more positive news met with the priest and have booked Erin's christening for the 30th March. We have to go to a information session which they hold once a month but the Priest was veruy relaxed and friendly which was nice.

Will do presonals next time as Erin is destroying our study at the moment so better go rescue the printer!

Hi Lisa, I've missed you and Harrison!

Hi Michelle, I was wondering where you were too: good to hear you had a great "business" trip.

Jayne, I will stop complaining of DS's sleep now. He has dropped to one sleep, I am making him do until 1.30-2 (from 12ish) and last night I gave him a pillow, he slept curled up on his side and he slept 8-10-12-6!!!!! Then up every 15-20mins until 7am. But DH and I were both awake at 6 when DS woke up, new comfy matress and a decent sleep was so nice. We're usually up at 6.30ish or just before during the week anyway so it didn't feel too bad. I also changed his warmth stuff - now he's in nappy, PJs, sleeping bag, quilt. Before it was nappy, bodysuit, PJs, sleeping bag - complain if a quilt, blanket or sheet was added. He does have a nasty cold/cough right now too, so I'm impressed with him. He didn't cough so much when he had the pillow so that's good.

Kel, well done on the weight loss, that's fantastic. DS laughs at me some nights rather than sleeps, it's so frustrating. But he's happy, that's the important thing.

Kristy, you poor love with the abnormal smear. I hope it's just a viral thing or a normal growth thing and clears up for you. There are a few things that can cause early warnings so I hope it's something easily treated for you.

As for us... well, DS is sleeping a little better, he has been ill, he's now charging around the living area and kitchen on his ride-on walker with a biscuit in his hand. He wants me now, gtg! Love to all.

kristy are you scared?? that would be awful having to wait to find out more.... christening in march sounds lovely like most people get married in march just nice weather and everything

hey hey micfhele - i hope you remembered my tacky snow globe!!!

ryn - i keep forgetting while we are battling sweaty babies in gross heat you are trying to keep your bub warm... it is so so weird.... i meant to tell you the rev at my church is the opposite to your church, this is what he said when i emailed him re jemima in the church (yes he is on email how cool is that)
    "Thanks for your concern about bringing Jemima to church, but please believe me when I say it is not a problem for me and most of the congregation, if there are a few grumps’ who frown when Jemima makes a noise I apologise for them, they should know better Jemima is just as much a member of the congregation as everyone else and sings better than some. We are trying to make this a child/family friendly church and looking at ways to do this better, your presence with Jemima is a great encouragement to other young mums and their children, if Jemima has a bad day and wants to scream the place down then I am sure you have good sense to take her outside for a bit but otherwise she is OK, by the way you can go into my office for a bit or to feed or change her if that helps."
    how nice is that!!! they all love jemima so you should bring pubert over for a visit

jemima been an angel again, i have finally figured out what it is - it is not jemima when she has a bad day it is me, it is all a matter of perspective!!!!!!!!! when i am stressed anything she does seems worse than it really is and most likely fuels her to be "bad" but when i am like i normally am and in a whateva mood then whateva goes and we are all happy

KEL - Can you please e-mail me a copy of your care bear invites? I want to check them out.
    BBL for personals.

Do they even make snow globes in Thailand!!!
    They DO make the ultimate tourist gift though, as long as your recipient has the same sense of humour!!!

Not much time, just wanted to say hi.

Kristy, I hope all goes well with tests/gyno appt's. I have had a friend with these early type 1 abnom cells and it turned out to be harmless. I hope its a "false postive" for you too.

Kel, I know what you mean about your stress levels affecting Jemima; that happens a lot here too....

In saying that, Monkey had a bit of a shocker last night getting to sleep - took 2 1/2 hrs, but kinda our fault, as we were out in afternoon and she didn't get pm sleep till very late and it was only 40 min in car. So then she was grumpy and overtired in evening.... you'd think we'd learn our lesson, but its hard to do nothing your whole life just so they sleep!!

And to make it worse, we lost the trivia game we were contesting with friends when we were out (there's even a trophy, but our name is only on it once so far!!)

There's always an up side and last night it was that she slept through - 9pm till 530am - so NO o'night feed - YAY!

I start work tomorrow - blah.... hope I do eventually enjoy it when I stop missing my girl...

Love to all.

Hello all,

We have a MOLAR!!!! Quinn has 12 teeth now and he is not even 1!

He has only 3 of his vampire fangs and the lower left - where the fang hasn't come through yet is the side with the molar!

I come in here and read all the time but don't post as often as I would like to because i feel sorry for all of you girls who have sleep problems.
    Quinn is a very good sleeper. We did Save our Sleep early on - he was always a good sleeper, but we were putting him to sleep by bouncing on the ball. I have to say that it has really paid off now, we just put him into his cot at 7pm in his grobag with his comforter and he sings for about 4 minutes then goes to sleep and sleeps 12 hours. Same with day sleeps although he can sleep anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours for each day sleep.

Kel: Snow globes! I love snow globes - I had a bit of a snow globe collection going for a while there - can you get any tackier - I was the Queen of tacky, it's all gone now...too much stuff to be carting around and dusting, I got over it one day and threw it all away!

Kristy: more often than not abnormal cells after pregnancy are nothing to worry about. keeping my fingers crossed for you, I'm sure it will all be fine.

Hi Lisa and Michelle Long time no read.

ok gotta go, this house isn't going to clean itself!!! unfortunately!

Hi again everyone.

Kel, I'm sorry but I could not find any snow globes. There were plenty of ping pong balls there, but you DON'T want to know where they came from. Ewwwww!

IKWYM about when you're feeling stressed how it affects Jem. If I'm grumpy I notice that Bella becomes really unsettled. Wierd!

Kristy, I hope the next test results come back clear. I've heard it's common to have "funny" cells after having bub. Fingers crossed that's true.

Ryn, glad DS is feeling better and sleeping better. I really don't know how you girls do it with a bub that doesn't sleep for hours on end through the night!? You are amazing strong, patient women!

Kym, good luck at work tomorrow tomorrow. Tell us how it goes - I'm about to go through the same thing, so I want to know how you cope with leaving your bub for the first time. I remember bawling my eyes out when I dropped DD#1 off for the first time at day care, although that was 9 years ago. I couldn't see where I was driving! I'm sure monkey will cope much better than you, which is probably a good thing!

Kirsten, what did they teach you at Save our Sleep? We don't have any trouble either, but it would be interesting to know. I'm sure you've already told us all plenty of times - my memory is not great at the moment, so that's my excuse!

Bella is a funny little thing. During her day sleeps (2 x 2 hours usually) she'll wake up half way, cry, then go back to sleep again. Strange baby! She only cries for about ten seconds and it's not screaming, but whingey and then all of a sudden it stops. We got almost 12 hours last night. She woke at around 7.30 screaming (we put her to bed at 7am) and I think it was a nightmare. Gave her a bit of bottle and she went right back to sleep. She woke this morning at around 7am.

Me - I have a job interview today. The recruitment agency rang me to tell me they also have another job they want to talk to me about, so I've got to pop in and see them afterwards (the interview is two floors down from the recruitment agency - handy!). I'm not even a teeny bit nervous about this job. It's pretty much exactly what I've done before, except it's paying a bit more than I was getting before, so hopefully they like me!!!

I'd better go and iron my "interview clothes". I've been told it's pretty informal, so I'm just wearing black pants and a short sleeved white with little dotty stripes button up shirt (really cute from Portmans!).

good luck michelle!!!! its all good about the snowglobe when benji and i travelled overseas the tacky ones were SO hard to find, and yes i DO collect tacky snowglobes i have an awesome little collection and special shelf for them in the loungeroom!

i dont think we have sleep problems as such.... just daytime napping problems when we are not out and about ...... so hard to fix kinda....... nighttime she is back to awesome baby and sleeping all night andnow if anything waking for a cuddle at 10pmish whats with that i dont know but dont care as long as i dont have a wake up after 12pm! thats fair if you ask me

i am starvin marvin so i am sure she is too so i better go and feed her
    i think she has dropped her morning feed as of today so that means just one breastfeed at night!!!!!
    weird!

Michelle: Save our Sleep is a book, it is all about teaching your baby to go to sleep by themselves, it is hard (and by hard I mean I was crying almost as much as Quinn) for the first 2 days because it does say to let them cry (or protest) but not controlled crying because it thinks that is teasing. anyway it worked really well for us and it has routines in the book that also work well - I am lucky that it worked for Quinn - doesn't work for everyone. Good luck with the interview - sounds like you are super duper business woman taking on the world!

Quinn sometimes misses his morning (11am) feed these days and hardly has any at the night feed (6.30pm) he is still very interested in the first morning one at 7am. I am not as sad losing this one as I was with the others, I think it's because he is weaning himself off these ones.

Kel: I have one little tacky Xmas snowglobe left from my collection.

i am going to be sad about the night time feed, but was not really worried about the morning feed
    SHE HAD IT AT 3PM THOUGH!!!?????? so who knows what i am in for tonight a her feed is usually 7.30 before bed..... and she has now been asleep from 3.30 ish til now (5.40) so who knows what is going to happen as we have been having first dinner at 4.30 and second dinner at 6.30!! hmmmm
    tonight not fantastic night for her to be totally random as have mortgage guy coming over........ she has probably got an opinion to share with him so wants to make sure she is rested so she can play the whole night.... wonderful

go quinn and his 12 teeth!!! is a molar at the back??? jem has her 8 and is working on 2 more on eitherside down the bottom, the drool and chewing things is ridiculous!

Hi girls

Just a quick one from me, Liebling threw boiling hot coffee around Saturday night and thankfully he threw it away from him - he ended up sitting in a puddle of coffee though. I'm so grateful and thankful that it only really attacked his right shin - can you imagine if he had poured a fresh cup of coffee towards him? Anyway, 1st degree/partial thickness burns only on his leg (I'm also thankful for cloth nappies, the coffee couldn't reach up to his thigh, nor could it reach through the nappy, but the cover was stained around the bum/testicle area) and his index finger on his right hand was a bit red, but no skin lost. He's fully bandaged up though, but seems happy. As in he's not in pain. But he can't grip thanks to his right hand being bandaged up (thumb out) and walking is a bit harder, but he's still charging around the place. Umm. Oh yes, sleeping is very poor (2-3 hours at a time) as he holds onto Herr Hare with his right hand and stuffs his hand and Herr Hare's ear in his mouth... can't do that as he's not allowed to get his hand wet. Let's ignore the (organic, baby) cheesy puff stains and the toothpaste stains on the bandage.

At least DH has stopped saying we need to leave DS with strangers (to him and me... by that I mean his brother and SiL) for an hour and let him scream to get him over this attachment to us. WTF do we not want our baby to be attached to us? Or not trust us? Or feel we have abandoned him? TBH, I don't mind BiL so much because he sometimes visits and plays with DS, but I don't know SiL at all and what I do know... well, I won't criticise her parenting because it works for her but it is the opposite of what I do and I don't want her to be OK with DS crying without comfort because I'm not (she did this with her DD when she was a tiny baby)! Anyway, at least DH has said no, we need to dote on DS and not leave him upset anywhere now. Phew! All things for the best, I suppose.

Right, little man wants breakfast so gtg and feed him porridge.

Love to all and personals later - bit of a big post from me I'm afraid!

ryn - noway leave pubert with other people to get over attacchement crap!!!! that is stupid he will grow out of it when he is ready and is it really an issue? no way let him cry to get it out of system, i think everything you said was spot on......... hot coffee not cool though!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast