Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

Hi Guys,

Bun -- ditto everything that Roya said! It is so hard when you don't get sleep. Don't worry about 'habits' forming babies change all the time. For whatever reason this is what she needs at the moment. Be kind to yourself you are doing a wonderful job.

Prama -- DD does this too. I think it is just a normal part of their development it does mean they are getting there muscles ready to crawl but they still have a few things to master before they crawl. Hopefully it is another two to three months until that skill happens LOL

Well my DD has been much more awake and sleeping less during the day for the last few days. She has also been a bit fussy feeding only having 100mls and then having another 100mls about an hour later. It makes it hard if I want to go anywhere I have to take the leftover feed and top her up. She was having 200ml in a go up until the last couple of days -- it is so much easier when she just has the whole lot!

I am taking DS1 to Disney on Ice tomorrow in Melbourne should be fun. I am feeling bad because we only got two tickets and DS2 will be at home with DH and DD. I hate it when it looks like you are favouring one child I will have to do something special with DS2 next week ( then DS1 will be Grumpy!! )

Have a good day girls

Sue

Bun- I really hope Catherine has decided now is the time to stop giving Mummy a hard time. What Roya has said I agree with. You are doing a fantastic job. She is smiling and is healthy. It will get better.

Roya- it was good to see you at Ikea yesterday too. Sarina was having a fantastic time too. Happy birthday to her for Monday? isnt it. Amelie is a happy little girl too and quite adorable.

Prama- I wouldnt know about rolling. Amber has still decided she doesnt want to. Her legs do kick furiously though.

Sue- Have a great time on Disney on Ice. You and Ben should have a great time.

lol - no rush for him to crawl! i need more time!!!

poopy's becoming fussy too, not wanting to finish his bottle. he's dropped his 6th feed, and would hv his last feed at 8ish, but the last 2 days he didnt want that either...
    will he be ok w 4 feeds?

sue hv fun!!

Just a quick post,

Prama -- Lakshman will be fine with 4 feeds. He will let you know if he is hungry. Sometimes DD has only 100ml one feed and then will have a bigger feed the next time. Just to keep me on my toes like I don't have anything else to do!!

I think I need a glass of wine and a bath tonight -- I have broken up so many disagreements btw my 2 angels today its not funny anymore

BFN
    Sue

Just popping in to let you know I'm still alive...
    Have been reading but i never seem to post!

Prama - DS is only usually having 4 feeds a day - unless going through a bit of a growth spurt in which case he may get a feed during the night to take it up to 5.

thanks so much girls. i was starting to panic. id give him the bottle/boob and he'd just refuse. with the weight problems he's had, i just worry. sigh so many many more years of worrying to come.
    he's had pink on this nappies, went to see teh paed here, and sent in a urine sample yest.
    i found pink on both his cloth and sposies so it's not nappy t hing. ive noticed it since we switched to nan1 from nan ha. i hope thats just it. w his bbhs, ive always had a dark liner so i might have missed it even before we switched formulas. anyway, im back to nan ha now. will see how he goes.

ash - been thinking abt you.
    sue - you deserve a huge glass and then another for me!!
    jacki - how are you going w luke's timings? i find it hard to keep to a schedule.
    jj - how have you been?

Prama - timings seem to vary each day depending on length of day sleeps and what time he gets up but for example yesterday was approx:
    1st feed - 7.00am
    2nd - 11.00am
    3rd - 2.00pm
    4th - 5.00pm (and then another quick top up just before bed at around 7.00)

wow, thats 12 hrs sleep! poopy only goes to bed arnd 10pm, up at 7.30am

That was a particularly good night - he goes anywhere from 10 - 12hrs

Hi Everyone!

So sorry for the lack of posts lately!!

Everything here is going great! Noah is gorgeous!! He started to roll homself from back to front this week, and now he sleeps on his tummy due to him rolling himself over..bit scary at first but I am getting used to it now!!

I hope that you are all doing well! Will hopefully catch up with replies soon!!!

Hi Everyone,

Minky -- great to hear from you. Noah looks so grown up!
    Prama -- how is lakshman have his nappies settled?
    Jacki -- sounds like you have got a bit of a schedule happening. I won't say that 'r' word!

Well I don't know what my DD is up to, she was awake for feeds twice overnight, once at 1.30 and then again at 5.30. She went back to bed at 7am! Must be a growth spurt. She has been having four feeds during the day and then one overnight most nights. She hasn't been having her big sleeps either. She is still very happy and did roll from back to tummy yesterday which I missed!

We had a great time at Disney on Ice -- Benjamin loved it and was very excited. He was so cute, he said he wished Daddy and Nicholas were with us but loved having just Mummy time.

Have a good day everyone.

DD is awake again

Sue

Hi everyone!

Well, it has been a looong time between posts for me here!

Hope you are all doing well.

Jordan is great. He does still wake up a lot at night - usually dream feed him at about 10, then he will be awake at 1, 3, 5 then 6, but I'm somehow not as tired as I used to be! We are still exclusively BF.

How are all of you and your bubs?

hi minky!!

is it ok to sleep on their tummy? my mum said once they turn onto their tummies, they'll start to sleep that way. but SIDS say they shouldn't till 6mths. I'm still scared he wont be able to breathe. he gets onto his tummy and gets very frustrated he cant go back. once or twice he has rolled back again onto his back.

sue - thanks for asking. we got the results of his urine test today, the paed said there's white cells so could be UTI. no blood or crystals, tho there was pinky/orange yest. she said dont worry about that, we'll check do another sample and a culture too.

roquen - welcome back!!! how's jordon doing?

Hi Prama, yeh its so hard now that he is rolling himself onto his belly, I walk into his room and there he is fast asleep, I try to roll him back when I can though, it is very scary!! I hope that the next sample and culture go well!! Let us know!

Hi Roquen, wow thats great that you are still b/feeding!!!

Hi Sue, I am very jealous that you went to see Disney on Ice! I would love to take DD to something like that one day, she would love it! Great to hear that you all had an awesome time!!

Hi Jacki, wow!! 12 hour nights!!!! How did you score that??..lol..

Oohh better go..bottle time!

minky - love that pix of noah!! he's so handsome!

Minky - No idea but I am more than aware of how lucky I am (and how quickly it can and does change !!). I give him the biggest hug and kiss every morning and say "thank you" !!
    He did go through a phase for about 2 weeks of waking up at about 1.00am and staying away for 2.5 hours.

Hey Prama - he is great, having so much fun with him, I swear every day he has grown a bit, and figured out how to do something else! Such an amazing experience.

Is anyone else in this group still BF? I'm already copping the "how long will you breastfeed for?" questions and have just been replying with " as long as he needs me to!"

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast