Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

OH JO I HEAR YA....
    Jo and i have been sms-ing each other...we have had the same issues, i know nixon has reflux but the jury not out on the milk situation,hes not lactose intolerant but by goodness when i feed him lately the farting and pooing...hehe
    He only used to poop every day or so,now i get 2 or 3 a day...he is eating a lot better,tonight 130ml..if i get between 120-160ml atm im happy,hes settling n sleeping straight away except if his dummy comes out,gives me hell in the car but i put that down to the reflux as usually he good,he screams for dummy then spits out,comfort thing cos he so sick..
    He slept so well today,back to his 2-3 hour sleeps and made noise cleaning and he slept thru it.tonight after a bath wrapped him miracle blanket,dummy in gob and asleep in 5 mins......and hes happy and gooing n smiling again
    We have a new mummy/son thing,i go up to the mirror with him,we look in it,i giggle at him,kiss his face all over and his chin and i suck on his chin and he starts to cackle.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im soooooooooooooooooooo in love!!!

oh, JO !!! I was wondering why we had not heard from you for a while!!

I am soo sorry about the issues of your little man BUT glad you finally got some answers and yes, we have to listen to what our instincts tell us - as we know our babies the best, no one else!!

I think Amara may be having growth spurts as well - she woke up about 1.5 earlier than usual and wanted a feed, then again at 4am and again at almost 7am. seems to be doing a bit of catnapping during the day also - but settling herself somewhat - not too bad.

Ren - what other AIO nappies do you have or like apart from Baby Beehinds?

p.s. My brother just did the port Macquire Ironman on the weekend - 3.8km swim, 180km ride and 42.2 km run !!! I am so proud. I have done a half ironman, but now feel like I may be getting the bug to do the full!!!!!! but have to wait until Amara is older...too much stress on time and family otherwise.

we back to square one again,,not settling,sleeeping etc today,poor thing

Soniebon - I do hope tommorrow brings a better day for you...

we seem to be not doing so well at night at the moment... well, early morning more like it. Not really sure what the issue is, although last night it was hunger for sure, growth spurt at 9 weeks?

Amara is still chucking up a lot despite the medication (Zantac). She IS settling MUCH better, but still chokes on her milk at least once a day (or night) and throws up over me or herself all the time.........shall I go back and see the doc about this??? she IS NOT in distress most of the time when she does throw up.

Just went grocery shopping with almost healthy Logan and Amara...I usually just try and go with Amara but wanted to beat the Easter rush. well, it was tiring and I am stuffed. I did some hard running on hills this morning also. Hey, I don't want to give up my training!! but some mornings, well, lets say I am super motivated - or maybe it is just pure addiction to running. whatever!!

Happy Easter to all if I don't get a chance to come back online - but probably will.

p.s for Renstar - what is the best way to get poo stains out of cloth nappies??

Ren - Thanks for the tip on the bottle. I was at the shops today to get one and ran into a friend today who recommended the same one. Anyway, I bought one and Mum tried Max with it this arvo and he drank the whole bottle! Yay!!!!

Runner - Best way to get stains out of nappies is to hang them in the sun. Actually, it doesn't even have to be sunny, apparently the UV rays arfe what works. I find it works a treat with the inserts for my pocket nappies.

Bon - Sorry to hear things not well with Nixon again today. Hope it improves later in the day.

Runner - def hang them in the sun to get rid of poo stains, the sun is a good sanitiser!

Well i am back to sqaure one again today, he has only dranks 200mls since 8am this morning and only slept 1 hour!!! Went to Sunshine hospital, was there for 5 hours, he screamed his head off when trying to feed him and it had been 5 hours since a feed at that time, when he finally did feed (just when the dr wanted me to show him how bad he was reacting to it, and he didnt react at all!!!) he only took 80mls!!!! so frustrating.

Not only that his reflux is SO bad that he is choking on it and he looks so scared cos he goes all red in teh face and looks at me like "mum, help me!" starts gagging, going all red in teh face and then starts crying all over again. So after all that they told me that there is nothing that they can give me to stop the vomiting (and its bad, my clothes are soaked from today just in whatever he brings up and i just stink of it) that the only thing that meds like Zantac, Zoton, Losec etc do is take the acidity out of the vomit and hes been on Zoton for three weeks now.
    But its no wonder my boy doesnt want to eat when all he does afterwards is bring it up and has a horrible experience with it. They also said because hes not losing weight and is not dehydrated they arent worried (so i have to wait for it to get THAT bad??!!) Im at a loss with the health system, i really am.

Hes in bed now, ive elevated his mattress REALLY high (as i dont want him to start choking in the night) and put a special sleeper thing on the bed that holds him so he doesnt slip down. He is so Overtired, ive never seem him this bad, he has purple rings around his eyes!

Funny though.... he still managed to charm the nurses and drs with his big blue eyes and gorgeous smiles! my boy just steals my heart over and over again....
    Last edited by Josephine; April 8th, 2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: fluffy mummy brain forgot to add extra info

Oh Jo,isnt it charming that they still manage to woo everyone regardless how sick..
    Nixon went to sleep this arvo for about 2 hours but kept waking every half hour,he got unwrapped and slept with arms out so i just let him....
    he screamed his head off tonight then we gave him a bottle and some gav and he alright and that tired he went to bed no bath...
    hes on losec, the paed told us to give him only 2.5ml per day,,is that the same dose you lot are on? our friends also put their child on mylanta as they said the gav and losec ok but still not 100%...how long b4 this stuff starts to work does anyone know?At the moment hes eating between 80 and 140ml,just depending on how tired he is
    at night hes really good,usually cos he tired and the routine working even though he outta sorts..
    He used to be good in the car but now he gets in the car and falls asleep for 45 mins then wakes up screaming and dont wanna be in the car,he normally loves the car and u normally cant keep him awake when hes in the car,my friend said they had the same prob and its the reflux do you know if this is true?
    anyway im off to cram my cooking in,im starving
    cheers sonya

Jo and Son - You may have already done this, I can't remember, but have either of you seen a pediatrician about the problems Caleb and Nixon are having? They might be more likely to have some answers than emergency room doctors who are rushed off their feet and aren't used to treating babies. Just a thought anyway.

We had a good night last night. I think Max would have slept 8 hours again, but DH had to be up early for work (4:15 am!), so he woke Max up while he was getting ready. It's put our routine out a bit - usually he feeds at about 6.30, whether or not he was up during the night for a feed, and we go from there. I go back to bed after that feed and get some more sleep. Well, this morning he was up at 4.45, so then again at 7.15. Too late to put him straight back to bed, so no extra sleep for me. Oh well.

Off to the city tonight for my birthday surprise from my sister. She's booked something for my twin sis and I (and hubbies) to do, and is looking after Max and my nephew while we're out. We've booked a hotel room for the night and she will be looking after them there, so we won't be too far away if needed. I've got everything crossed though that Max takes a bottle for her without fussing too much!

Ahh - Gypsy - have a great time tonight!!! I do envy you a bit - going out at night for the night - this is one of the things you just cannot do when breastfeeding. Well, I suppose I could express and someone could give Amara a bottle, but also I suppose I am not sure how that would go. Anyway, have HEAPS of fun!

Well, 4 days with my hubby home will be great over this easter period. Logan is a lot better and is in the EASter hat parade at school today.

I have started to pull out some size 0 for Amara !! I mean she is wearing 00 just fine, but when I put on some of her cloth nappies, it takes up a fair bit of space on her cute bum, so a size 0 is not so tight. NO more 000 for her at 9 weeks of age. A tall girl she will be no doubt. It is in her genes.

Runner - Max is breastfed, but I have expressed a bit for him to have tonight. We've tried EBM a few times before with varying success, so hoping he takes the bottle tonight. I've got a few things coming up (such as a 3 hour first aid course) where I'm not going to be around for a few hours, so he needs to learn to take EBM in a bottle on the odd occasion.

Been to see a paed a few days ago.she put us on Losec 2.5ml once per day,that does sound right,and do u give ur little ones gaviscon as well???
    Last nyt Nixon had one of the worst nights up at 11pm,1am.3am.5am im exhausted and hubby is leaving for work in ten mins to do 10-12 hours night shift,both sleep deprived n nixon been catnapping all day...he down now but dunno how long,if he is i may have a power nap.i have my aunt flo and have shockin period pains

can everyone please reset their moods

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/mess...your-mood.html

Yay - Max took the EBM last night with no problems, so I was able to enjoy my night out. We went out for dinner and to see a show at the Comedy Festival.

The past few days I've been having trouble getting Max to sleep for more than 45 mins or so during the day without waking up. Yesterday I ended up putting him in his rocker, where he slept peadcefully for another hour and a half or so! Anyway, today I went in and was trying to settle him and noticed that he kept startling himself awake. I've now wrapped him in the angel wrap again, which seemed to work. So I think it will be back to wrapping during the day for me, and sleeping bag just at night.

Hope everyone is enjoying the start to the long weekend. Happy Easter!
    Last edited by gypsy79; April 10th, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Hi everyone

You probably all thought I had gone & left you all. Sorry, I have been lurking occasionally and reading the email updates.

Big Hugs for Jo and Caleb. Sorry to hear about your problems but it sounds like the saying 'mother knows best' was spot on here. Hoping things are going better for you both now. You just feel it when something isn't right don't you.

Bon - same for you and Nixon, big hugs. Hoping the losec does the trick, good luck with DH on night shift. My DH is too but I've come to stay with my parents for a few reasons I'll elaborate on further on....

Ren - extremely envious of the Cairns trip but good on you. Hope you all have a lovely time. I was thinking the other day & you will be off to London soon won't you?!?! So fantastic. Was looking at Ava's pics on fb, she's such a sweetie.

runner - Happy Easter to you too. I get Sam's poo stains out of his cloth nappies by leaving them in direct sunlight (after they've gone thu machine on rise cycle then wash cycle). The sunlight seems to bleech them.

I seemed to do something to my shoulder late last week and it's only just getting better now. So painful, I could barely move which made looking after Sam very difficult. And each morning I would wake up it would cramp up and take me 20 minutes to get out of bed. Lucky DH has been home but is now on night shift so am staying with my parents for a bit of extra help. Does help that we are also 2 weeks away from moving into our new home so we've been doing lots and lots of packing. Will be worth it tho. Sam's christening not far away now, I've made some lovely plans so it should be a really special day - we're really looking forward to it.

Sam's still sleeping well. Most nights average at least 7.5-10hr sleep (non-stop). We've got a bit of cradle cap at the moment too but the good old glycerine & sorbelene mixture is clearing that up nicely. Can't believe he'll be 4 months old next weekend.

We had to see a paed physio last week because Sam is favouring one side of his head. They aren't really that concerned about the 'flat head' cause that will sort itself out within the next few months but more that he won't be able to turn his neck the other way properly. We've got a few exercise to do but is hard to get a nearly 4 month old to do neck exercises without resisting a little. Anyway - one can only do their best.

gypsy - that is great you were able to have a night out & Max was happy. Sounds like a good night.

Seeing as am staying with Mum I've decided to start sewing. I'm making a bag which will be a toy/nappy bag. i already have one but we always take so much stuff with us I needed another. Spotlight had some gorgeous fabrics on sale so I bought some. Made a practice one tonight and am quite happy with myself.... so far.

Anyway - big hello to everyone else. Big Hugs and hope you all have a happy & safe Easter.

plc - always thinking of you. Hope you and the family are all doing well.

Ok, long story alert but we got admitted into hospital last night as he continued not eating or sleeping and just screaming and i stayed with him, tonight ive come home to get some rest and DH is staying with him at the hospital. Here is what they think the issue is:

Reflux not controlled properly
    Cows Milk Protein Intolerance
    Food Aversion due to reflux, gagging and choking and upset tummy and also due to us being so anxious to get him to feed we were somewhat forcing him to take the bottle when he didnt want it.

All these things made for bad experiences for feeding for him so he would just scream whenever he saw the bottle. However we started being very gentle with him and not forcing him, if he didnt want to eat then we wouldnt push it, he had started losing a little bit of weight and they said if he continued not to eat they would have to feed him by the tube through his nose. They were very thorough and checked EVERYTHING to make sure it wasnt something they had missed, they even stuck a needle into his bladder to get a urine sample (oh my gosh i just cried and cried as he screamed in agony and those big blue eyes looked at me with intense fear!)

They want him to demand feed for a few days so he is asking for the bottle rather than having it shoved in his face, however we have had HUGE success today. Yesterday he took 100mls all day and today he has had feeds of 90mls, 120mls, 150mls. 120mls and 200mls!!!!! He seems much happier and had alot of good sleep today. They have prescribed him liquid Losec for his reflux and should everything continue to improve then he comes home tomorrow..

Im also booked in to see a pediatrician on Tuesday

Im exhausted.... and all alone in my house without my boy for the first time ever... strange feeling...

Hi ladies,

just a quick one to say Happy Easter to everyone! Hope the Easter Bunny brought you all lots of choccies

Hi all just a quick msg

Jo if you find he's still not wanting the bottle as much try feeding him with u and him in the bath or in the shower together sounds weird i know but it worked wonders for R when he got really fussy at the boob

Jo- oh, I really really hope things improve very fast for you - I agree with you re the health system - if you find a good doctor, stick with her or him!

Good advice from mir - a calming bath (with you in it as well) may work wonders....Amara and I have a bath together everynight.

Hey Ren - did you see the new BBH minkee nappies on their website? They are one size fits all and AIO as well - some gorgeous colours too for girls! I would love to buy one. I love Amara wearing cloth nappies now, and it is only a little bit more work. Problem is, my hubby does not share this thought, and just puts on a disposable when he changes her. (we still use them at night).

No chocolate for me this Easter - too much caffiene makes Amara not happy (i have never drank tea or coffee either). I can have a little bit now and again.

Hey girls - I still have 3 kilos to lose until I am back down to pre pregnancy weight - I seem to be stuck at just under 63kilos. A bit frustrating for me as a runner, as I know I was slender to start with (in fact I was 58-59kilos but would be happy with 60 at this stage). I am 174cms tall. I know that I will keep an extra kilo AT LEAST until I have fininshed breastfeeding - makes sense but want to lose 1-2kilos in the meantime...
    Ahh - I am eating too much at night probably - after both kids are in bed, as this the time to relax isn't it?? Help with strategies please to avoid eating at this time!!!
    I know, I have to be patient, afterall she is only 9 weeks old........but by nature, I am TOO determined.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast