Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

Jo - Poor Caleb! I'm so glad you have finally found some help and doctors who seem to have some proper answers. Fingers crossed that things will continue to improve.

Runner - I'm with you on the weight thing. I seem to be hovering around 58-59 kg, which is a bout 3-4 kg over what I was pre-pregancy (I'm only 158 cm). Then again, I have been pigging out big time, especially with my birthday and now Easter. I'm not quite as motivated as you though and figure I'll worry about it when I stop breastfeeding!

Hope everyone is having a nice Easter and that's why things are so quiet in here.

oh girls i wish i was 58-59 kilos...ive lost a bit more due to stress but im not exactly eating healthy due to poor time management cos nixons reflux...

the night times havent been a problem,sleeps fine,its the days that are hell...he wakes after 45 mins,i just push him to go back to sleep..
    we are on losec and it would have worked if i had given him the right dose,im so dumb sometimes it makes me angry...instead of giving him 2.5ml i hav been giving him 0.25 ml,barely enough to get in syringe or dropper,how dumb am i??????? my poor son has had to pay for my stupidness...so as of yesterday he on 2.5ml now,we also have him on AR formula,do you find it constipates them...i will keep an eye on it,the paed said if it does put him on the nan ha gold and on another part of BB here some of the mums said they just went on karicare gold and found was thick enough...
    aanyway i better go he awake again!!!!!!!! things are on on the improve though
    cheers bon

You poor girls dealing with reflux, it sounds horrible. J has bad wind that gives him terrible pain at times, but it only happens a couple of times a week so it's not that hard to deal with.

Runner, I agree with the other girls, hanging the nappies in the sun gets rid of even the worst bf poo stains!

We've had a busy weekend with family Easter things and other commitments on nearly every day. Today was our first day at home and we all needed it. Poor Ben has a terrible cold - only his second cold ever (and his first only lasted a day!) so he's finding it a bit hard. We're hoping he gets better in plenty of time for his 2nd birthday party this weekend. Unfortunately, he's also passed it on to me though so I'm just hoping that J doesn't get it.

J has been doing great! I weighed him on the Wii Fit this morning (which I am addicted to BTW!) and it said he was 7.8kgs! I'm not putting too much stock in it though, he was 'only' 7.3kgs last Tuesday at the clinic... surely he hasn't gained another 0.5kg in a week! I was starting to get a bit of a complex about his weight, but over the past few days people have been commenting on his length and saying that he's just a big boy all over so it's put my mind at ease.

I have a feeling tonight might not go too well. DH is working (but on hols after tonight - yay!) and J has been asleep for over four hours this afternoon. He has been sleeping a lot these past few days though so hopefully he's just tired. He's three months' old this weekend so it might be that development stage/growth spurt which is making him sleep so much.

Hope you all had a lovely Easter. I got a total of one egg, but Ben got a truckload so I'll probably delve into his stash

Edited to add: Forgot to mention, we moved J out of his capsule into a rear-facing convertable seat and it's worked wonders. He must have been so uncomfy in the capsule since he had almost reached the weight limit! It's so much better to go out with him now as he's not screaming for the entire drive. I think Ren was having trouble in the car? What kind of seat do you have Ava in?

Disgirl - i completely forgot about changing hte car seat, do you just turn it around to face the front or what?

Jo, if you have a convertable carseat you turn it around to face the front, but not until bubs is at least six months old and able to sit up. Some experts recommend waiting until 12 months, but by law (at least in NSW) it's six months. Make sure you follow the instructions that came with the seat

We changed from the capsule to the convertable car seat, but it's still facing backwards. Poor Jared was just so uncomfortable squished into that hard capsule with all his 7.5kgs pushing down on the flimsy little foam cover!

Hey girls!!

I'm back from Cairns. We got back this morning! We had a nice time, stayed with a relative and went out for meals heaps and looked around Cairns alot and north of cairns. Had alot of fun!! It was a nice mini-break away. Glad to be home again and in our own bed tho! Nothing like home.....
    Ava did well on the 2hr20 flight she was really good and fed or slept most of the way each way. On the way to Cairns the flight was so scary. As we were about to take off and doing about 300kms an hour on runway an error light had come up in the ****pit to abort the takeoff so they had to reject the takeoff and slow down the plane REALLY QUICKLY before we ran out of runway!!!! It was so scary the woman in front of us had a panic attack and was a wreck!!! LOL literally a panic attack... she was bad!
    We were delayed 2.5hrs while they fixed the problem with the plane
    Wasn't a good start to our holiday LOL but we got there alive thats all that matters.
    It was something to do with the oil filter and fuel!

Ava has put on just over 200g in a week so i'm happy with that I've noticed lately when I feed Ava or when we're playing on her mat in front of the tv, if it's on, she only looks at that!!! so i have to turn it off... anyone else's bub loves TV????

Hope everyone had a great Easter and enjoyed your choccies! I bought myself two freddo frogs LOL that was my easter gift to myself as we don't do easter as we are trying to lose weight!!!!

Hope to catch up on some personals soon - for now, gotta go catch up on some housework and put some clothes away.

Byeeeee!

Ren - A big YES to the TV question - Max loves it. I'm the same as you though, I don't like him to look at it too much so often turn it off during the day. My nephew was the same and we all used to tease my sister about it, but he's not as bad these days (he's 1 now). I think it's just a stage, cos of the light and movement, etc.

yes to the TV i have to make sure it is off when i feed R as well otherwise he will just stare at the screen on a brighter note though if i put him down for tummy time in front of it he puts his head up to watch it

Thanks girls!!! Glad to know Ava is not the only TV-addict babe around here hehe
    I can pick her up and hold her looking at me and she'll crack up as she wants to be put back down to where she can see the TV!!! So I feel quite rejected LOL I had it turned off this afternoon.... I don't want her to get used to it either. Not a good habit.
    She needs to learn to pick up her toys! So much to learn!

When do our babies pick up toys? Ava hasn't really picked one up yet. She can look at them and shows much interest in them and if i place one in her hand (a light one) she can grasp it tightly for a bit then drops it... is that all that is required of a 10week old baby at this stage? Should she be picking toys up?? I don't think so but just thought I'd check.... anyone ?

Ren - Glad you enjoyed your mini-break and arrived safely! re your question about development, from what i've been reading, Ava sounds like she is spot on for her age (ie the grasping for a short time and letting go of the toy) - theres a website that sends you month-by-month developmental stages, PM me if you want the addy

Question ladies - who in here has a hug-a-bub? if yes, do you have the one with the pocket or without the pocket and what is the difference??

Gill - can you PM me the addy please for that baby updates website? I would imagine there would be a few hey.... silly me, don't know why i didnt think of that earlier as I had one when I was PG that gave me updates!! It was great!!
    YEP! I have a hug-a-bub... its great. I have the pocket one. Not sure what the difference is. Mine's just the standard one I think!

Ren - Just PM'd you the addy

thanks re the hug-a-bub - i was looking at their website and was confused cause they had the two styles one saying Pocketless hug-a-bub and the other with a pocket - i'm guessing there must be a difference as the price for pocketless was a bit cheaper than the pocket one - with yours, does Ava actually sit in the pocket? - my girlfriend has one but hers is just a massive piece of material and she has to create the pocket herself so to speak.....i dunno all a bit confusing for me!

Gill - it's hard to explain but basically the material crosses over and bubs legs fit either side of the 'cross' of material so that sits between their legs so they can't drop out and then once in correctly the pocket pulls over them and is an extra support for them and makes it look neat and tidy iywkim??? They are very comfy when on correctly.

Go to You Tube and type in "Hug a bub" or hug a bub demo or something like that and there are acouple of videos that show you how to put it on..... that will make it easier for you to see what i mean!

Gill - I have a pocketless HAB, basically the pocket is supposed to be for a) small items like a nappy b) you shove the rest of the HAB in there and you can carry it around neatly. The pocketless on you have to fold up but the bit that pulls up to give extra support is the same. you can google mobywraps which are pretty much exactly the same and they have instructions on website that explain how bubs sits with pics

Thanks Ren & Mir, will check out the websites

Hi girls,

I wrote a post and it disappeared? How annoying it was a few days ago and I am not sure why. I did out the name/link of another website..do you think that would have done it or am I just losing my mind?

Anyway I am going really well with Emily..while she was away with us at Moree she began to sleep through for the week (she must have liked the country) and then when we came home she woke up at 2.30am, then 4.30am and we were thinking it was all messed up but the last two nights she has slept from 9 or 10pm through to 6am then 7am. I had tried to feed her at 11pm on the first night but she was fast asleep but she was obviously able to cope with the long time between feeds (10 hours).

Based on the great reports from you all we went out and spend KRudds money on a hug-a-bug, a feeding chair (for later feeding solids) and a big box of nappies.We were wanting to get a mobile but they are only for up to 5 month so feels like a waste to buy it. It was fun though shopping for her.

Oh Emily just did a massive spew DH is handling it..it sounded like a watery poo bubbling out but it was spew. DH was about to pickher up and would have copped it! She has been very spewy in last 24 hours. Hope she is ok.

Ren: Emily is a tv addict too but like you trying to not let her. She loves lights/colours. We took her to the Easter show and she was facinated by the show at night..did not wait for fireworks as too loud. I use a baby update thing which is great and suggests games each week to play with bubs. Will PM it to you...anyone else want it?

everyone was talking about losing weight... I also have 3kg to lose and have been using a website where you can track weight loss by monitoring food intake (has food diary that calculates kj) and tells you how much you should eat also includes intake for breastfeeding, you can also put in what exercise you do and then it gives a food indication on the energy balance. It also gives you a daily fitness program with walking/running and exercises. It is really motivational. Let me know if you are interested in this website.

I am being naughty eating chocolate for breaky! After my healthy cereal of course...better put it away

Me-Lisa - Could you pm me the name of the baby update website? Don't worry about the weight loss one - I'm not that motivated!

Ren - Max doesn't really hold on to toys I put in his hand, but he has started grabbing at the toys that hang down on his playmat. In a couple of weeks he's gone from just being coordinated enough to hit at them, to being able to grab onto them sometimes. I hope that's all he's supposed to be doing at this age!

Hello all! Just back from holidays! Will have to catch up on all the posts and come back for personals.

Dash went really well although his reflux flared up BIG time - he didn't keep anything down but we persisted with the 'reflux steps' and got through it.....he was happy chappy most of the time....I just washed all day he he. He still only takes 100-120mL at one time and that takes about an hour for him to take, but we go with it and don't push him. As he is getting bigger we are feeding more often as you can imagine.....soon all we will do with him is feed him when he is awake he he. Some days he drinks recommended amount but others he only drinks about 400mL for the whole day but we figure he is happy as he isn't asking for food and sleeps all night regardless of how he has fed for the day. Zantac and Gaviscon have now been increased with his weight.

Since the reflux is quite severe, we are starting (or trying) solids at 4 months as recommended by paed as there is a chance this well help the reflux - also a chance that it can make it worse and could even delay solids until about 8 months + old....we will soon find out when we start with rice cereal in a couple of weeks. We hope we are the 50% that see an improvement as this eventually feeding all day thing is not practical and we are missing out on 'Dash' time!!

Hope you all had a lovely Easter!!
    BBL and talk soon, Linda

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast