Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #6

morning!

Julie- I love the tissue box full on fabric idea... might try to get the sewing machine out today. Lord knows I have enough fabric... I was even thinking of sewing a fabric ball.... tho really i should have done that months ago to be age relevent... oh well.

Lisa - yeah we can help with your apps .... dID you find the practice exams?

Di- did you get to try the rescue remedy? how did it go?

oh - julie, i reckon you can blame the choc biscuits on AF....I know I get the insane munchies and usually for anything chocolate or generally sugar filled or sugar coated

well better go get ready... taking dh to work then going to medicare to cash in some Dr bills I found yesterday. Why is it that the crap Dr's bulk bill and the good ones cost an arm and a leg?? over the last month i've taken either Luxxe myself or DH to the Dr or naturopath a million times and it's cost about 10 squillion dollars!!!:eek:

I need better health insurance...and some income.

I've decided that going back to work isn't going to work out to be financially beneficial...bugger. oh well. I'm a bit sad about it but but i guess my important work will be at home.

right going

xxx
    L

off to get the rescue remedy today - i need nappies and formula also and a cheque for a million dollars

we were meant to go to the physio this morning but Brodie isn't much better and has been coughing all night - i called the physio and she agreed probably not the best thing for him to be doing right now anyway.

My good friend had a baby last Thursday - a gorgeous little boy - so that now makes 3 of us (all close friends, we use to work together) with boys in the same year - we can start a gang LOL - i was just speaking with another girlfriend and she was telling me all her woes, she has a 4.5month old baby boy who is making her work for it - he does the same sort of stuff that Brodie does so I think it makes her feel better to know that she isn't the only one with a cheeky monkey.

I have another friend due in 3.5weeks and she is having a girl - so it should be interesting to see how different she will be....

anyway - i better take advantage of Brodie sleeping and do some more packing - or maybe have breakfast first!!!

ciao for now

PS - Julie - you can refer to Brodie as a "cute bugger" anytime - also CONGRATZ CLARRIE for getting a tooth!!!

Also in regards to the lack of pooing - maybe it is teeth related - BJ got constipated last week when he was cutting his teeth (he now has 2!!!) we had to give him some coloxyl for relief - maybe that's it?? some babies get gastro maybe ours are just different??

Hi all,

Dianna, that's great to have some good friends near you with babes the same age. I have just been thinking about how I really miss my 2 good friends who I met while living in Adelaide. One still lives in Adelaide (about 2 hour drive) and the other has moved further south (about 3.5 hours away). They both have 3 year old daughters now. I've lived up this way for 5 years now and have heaps of friends, but no-one in quite the same league and I am really missing that. I guess that I need to be more pro-active, but then again, those sort of friendships seem to come about without really 'forcing' it, if you know what I mean.

You may be right about the teething and lack of poo. I hadn't thought of that. But we have had 3 today so I'm ecstatic (probably Clarrie is even more so )

Laura, look forward to your new blog - you write so well. Your old one was always very entertaining.

I don't think any of the doctors bulk bill up this way. You have to pay the full fee up front. We have just signed up for health insurance extras to cover a few things. I have bad teeth, glasses, sore neck, sore hip, etc.... Basically falling apart, so thought I'd better organise something there.

Where were you working before, Laura? Would you go back to the same job? I'm going back :eek: January 10th. 2 days before Clarrie turns 1. I'll have to work on his birthday!! Ooooh, it all sounds so soon.

ciao for now

kerry Guest

HI... don't have time to do a catch up... but will be trying to get on more... really!

Me - few girly type problems, kidneys cactus, on steroids and now big and fat. Oh and back at work

Bridie - almost crawling but extreemly mobile, saying a word or 2, has been sick of late and even got an ambulence trip to the hospital when she stopped breathing but definately on the mend. She is such a cutie (well I think so) and has chubbed up since I gave up breastfeeding (she was just failing to thrive and even loosing weight). Still wearing some of her 000's, all of her 00's and sometimes I'll put her in an O but it is big and floppy. At 6 months she weighed in at 6.9kg so she is now only just below the 50th%ile... considering she had slipped below the 3rd I am happy. OH and her hair is growing and it is definately red.. well actually a light auban/strawberry blondy red but just so cute. No teeth yet. She sits and can sit up from lying. She rolls, comando crawls and creeps her way around and into everything. She rarely nshuts up the babbling to her self and when she does it usually means that something is going to need cleaning, mending or telling off.

for pics go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shamrockbubba/

as I said will try to pop back in really really soon.

Hope you are all well and bubs, kids and partners (aren't they all just the same thing?) are well too.

Akeesha Guest

Hi Everyone,

Jo - YAY how good it is to see you!!! Hopefully we will hear from you more soon.
    Glad to hear Bridieboo is doing so well.

Well I am peeeeeeeeeeeeeved off something chronic. I just went to go and apply online through VTAC and my farkin computer wont show the pop ups so it wont let me proceed. I was going in to see what I needed to have ready so I can apply and get it over with..but nooooooooo it wont work. Frig it all to hell. I give up!!!

I have had the worst day ever. Sorry. I am just really angry and agitated right now. I woke up and didnt even have to get out of bed for it to be the worst day. I woke up to a screaming household. Literally. DH yelling at Tyra, Tyra yelling at DH and Kobi screaming on the loungeroom floor. So that was me done and it wasnt even 8am. My house is trashed and In the mood I am in I feel like trashing it more! I am just feeling horrible and rotten and really dont know how to fix it.
    I always keep coming back to this recurring feeling and its starting to worry me. I know Kobi isnt sleeping well at all and is very high maintenance (always needing constant attention and wanting to be held). Its just all getting a bit much. I really dont know what I want or how to fix things. I dont know that anything will make it feel better right now to be honest.
    Short of miracles happening and Kobi sleeps through...my house is miraculously clean, my applications go through and I am actually happy for once!!!

Anyway..sorry for the selfish post with no personals. I just wanted to vent.
    Thanks for listening.

lisa - just another "groundhog day" - i know how you feel (literally)

i better just get on with it

Akeesha Guest

Morning everyone,

Julie - Thanks for the email. I really appreciate it. I will definitely take you up on it one of these days for sure!!!! Thanks again.

Di - Its nuts isnt it. It is a bit 'groundhog day'. And bloody frustrating too!!!!!!!!

Well in latest news I am not so bad today. I went to my course last night and it was the last night so I got out of the house and did my thing. I felt better for it. I am so tired today but will get there. We started CC again last night but DH took over. It was horrendous. I did the first wake up at 12. She went straight back to sleep after 5 minutes but the next one was nuts. She screamed on and off for well over an hour and in the end I fed her. I could not put up with it anymore. DH and I both had massive headaches and were so buggered. That went til after 3am and then she was screaming for me again at 6! This whole sleeping thing is completely insane. Lets hope she is better tonight.

Anyway I am babysitting this morning then have to go to the travel agent and shuffle some stuff round for the holiday.

Have a great day ladies.

Yey Laura, glad to see your blog is back. i just love reading it, whatever you write about!! Very clever! xxo

Where is everyone????

hi Tam! Hope all is going well with the twins and your pregnancy. Um, we are sort of hooking up off line now - not an exclusive club by any means!

If any January mums want to do this, my email is [email protected].

Dianna, how's the move going?

Julie

Forum Name: Missy
    State: nswBaby's DOB: 30/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 6lb 11oz - Length 47.5 - Head Circ - 35Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby's Name: CallumBaby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Just found out he has a tongue tie but not a bad one. Prbly wont need anything done to it.Notes: Callum was born c-section as he was fetal distress.

Ok will do and yes very good that Callum wont need anything done.

Missy

Hi Ladies

Where is everyone from (((((SYD)))) Western here!!!!

Missy
    Last edited by Missy; September 16th, 2006 at 07:13 AM.

Default Abit about myself

Hi my name is Julie but always use the nick name Missy. Im 34 and DH is 35. We have been married for 2 years and are very happy. Ok here is my story.

At the Age of 17 I was told I had stage 3 or Sin3 as they called it back then, bordering Cervical Cancer. It scared the hell out of me. I also just started a new job as well which didnt help so I had to take a day off work to have half of my cervix taken out. I was meant to have at least a week off but was scare of loosing my job I went back the next day. Well biggest mistake of my life as that night I started bleeding (((flowing))) to ended up in hospital for a week. Work was not happy but what could they do.

After that I got an infection and felt like I was taking pills every month and then was told there was alot of scaring and it would be hard for me to fall Pg naturally. I was 17 so it didnt hit me that hard but it was going to.

About 4 years later I met a guy....not very nice one but anyway that is a totally different story and we started dating. I wasnt on the pill as I thought I wouldnt fall pg. I didnt want kids yet and hadnt been on the pill ever and had had a boyfriend before my daughters father and of cause nothing happened. Well nine months later I didnt get a AF and went to the doc and I was about 6 weeks pg...I sh*t myself as my last pap smear was inconclusive and they wanted to do another one. But of cause once I found out I was pg they didnt want to cause of my cervix. So I had the choice of terminating or waiting 9 months to see if My cancer had come back. I chose to have the baby and just hoped everything would be ok.

Melissa Joy was born 12/2/1994 5lb 4 1/2oz almost 5 weeks early by forcepts but was healthy and beautiful. Pap smear was done and all was clear. Her father and I broke up when she was 4 weeks old and havent see him since. I raised melissa with the help of my mum and dad until she was 18 months old and met my ex huddie. We were together 3years and then he had a head injury and became aggressive and I had to leave for my daughters sack. So once again another relationship over.

Its been just Me and Melissa for so long then she wanted to do ballroom dancing. So off to ballroom dancing we were going. Mel is about 9 now and was loving dancing. Out of the blue her teacher Matt Asked me out and I said yes. Well we started dating and about 6 months later missed a period. Did hp test and it came up ++++. So off the the doc for a check up and to get an altrasound as I was told 2 years before that I had endo and tubes where most probably blocked. So my doc sent me to have a altrasound and they couldnt find it. They said I might not be far enough alone but I knew some thing was wrong. Started to bleed 3 days later and went to the hospital. They did prg levels and said they were getting lower and I was miscarring. I was able to go home the next day and then I had to come back for a blood test to make sure levels kept coming down and I almost didnt go back as I was so sad but lucky I did as the levels went up again. They said that was a sign of eptopic pg. They operated straight away and yes the bub was in my left tube. They took both bub and tube out. I was so upset and wished that I had just miscarried. DH was shattered... I can remember the look on his face when I came out of the op and he was crying and said he loved me.

The next 6 months I couldnt handle it...I turned my back on DH and treated him like sh*t and kept doing it for 6 months untill he said he couldnt live like this anymore. He loved me but didnt want to be treated the way I was and it wasnt healthy. It scared me and I asked him to stay and I will change. We I did but it took alone time. The lose of that bub almost ended my marriage.

So marriage back on track, I have endo, one tube left ((blocked)) half a cervix and just thought having kids was out of the question. Also the fact that im a catholic IVF was a no no.

DH and I talked and decided to do IVF and made a promise to GOD that we would use all the eggs we got.

Started the IVF and doc got 13 eggs and 11 fertsed but 7 died. So that left us with 4 good embryo's. We had 2 implanted and my pg levels were through the roof. Had an altrasound and only one had taken and they couldnt find the other. About 6 weeks into the pg I start bleeding browny colour so my OB was doing scans every week till about 12 weeks when I stopped bleeding. I was getting huge pains in the right side as well and then it stopped at 12 weeks...

Anyway had Callum my baby boy 30/1/06 at 2:33 by c-section as his heart was really slow and he was born. 6lb 11oz and soooooo beautiful.

6 weeks later at OB check up, Doc told me why I was getting pain and bleeding. He found the other Embryo had floated back down the tube and implanted itself on my right ovary. He told me I has very lucky and blessed that it stopped growing about 10 weeks and he removed it.

I thank God everyday for my kids and have had one embryo impanted as one died after
    taken out of being freezing and have just noticed some browny bleeding and am meant to go for PG test on monday. Spoke to nurse today and she said come in anyway for the test as its not red blood.

So that is my story and I so want to give DH another child but we only have one for egg left and not sure if i want to go through the hole cycle again. I just want to make him happy....

So that is it.... I have 2 lovely kids and if that is all i am to have so be it but I would love another so fingers crossed.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Sorry bout spelling mistake as im rushing this abit before my son wakes up.

Take care all.

Missy

Wow Missy, what a story. Im so glad it had a happy ending (two beautiful kids and a hubby!!!).
    Im not a jan buddy, Im december. Im not sure where the jan girls have gone. I pop in from time to time as we were so close in birth dates (dec/jan) so alot of what the jan girls say, dec girls are going through!!
    I too had Sin3 so know all about that. so sorry it was so traumatic for you, but glad it went away. I too was meant to have checks during pregnancy, but didn't want to risk it, and luckily all was well after pregnancy (*I had op before falling pregnant).
    I have an 8 year old daughter and a 9 month old daughter. They are currently being very silly so I'd better go. JUst wanted to welcome you!
    Talk soon xoxoxoxo

Hi Meg

Im glad you took the time to read my story... Yes im very bless to have 2 kids that mean the world to me and a DH that is wonderful. Yes I havent had the best time in regards to ladies problem but I think with everything that has happen to me its made me a stronger person and relies just how important life is.. Im happy to hear you sin 3 has gone to and I know how you would have felt waiting for you baby to be born to see if all was ok...I remember my mum being so upset with me as she wanted me to have a pap smear and I wouldnt for the babies sake and she said to me, "what happens if you get it back again and it turns into cancer and I die" and I looked at her and said " mum" I love you but this could be my only chance for a baby and If I am to die, at least I have given life to some thing beautiful and if that means loosing my I would do it. " She looked at me and was sooooooooooo mad...lol....and said she wishes I would be selfish....My mum was so scared but now after being there for the birth of Melissa and then living with mum and dad for so long she never said anything but I know she is glad I didnt take her advice... Oh and also I got my AF Yesterday but Im ok and will try my last egg. I Wish you all the luck Meg and Its nice to talk to you.

TC and talk soon

Missy, it's never been so quiet in here. I think the girls are talking via email now for some reason. Maybe if you go back over the threads you'll find an email and you could join them that way.
    xoxo

Hey everyone,

How are you all? Sorry i haven't been around very much - things are so crazy in our life, trying to look after MIL and everything else.

Anyway, can't even remember the last time i posted, but things are ok for us.

On Sat morning i turned my back for less than 5 seconds and DA managed to turn 2 corners and fall down the stairs... he seemed fine but a bit sleep and out of it.. Ambos said that they can take us to hospital if we want, but that he seems ok and just to watch him, especially for certain things - blacking out, going floppy, projectile vomiting etc.. So 1.5 hrs later, DA decides to projectile vomit down the stroller... so we had a nice trip by ambulance to the Royal Childrens...

They just monitored us and said he seems fine and to keep an eye on him, but he completely hasn;t been himself since we got home (not sleeping and not very happy).. He wakes every 45 mins screaming, and did it the first part of Sat night, woke up 6am Sunday and did it all day, and then was up every 2.5 hrs through the night.. We are off to the dr in an hr, just to check he is ok.

I'm just not sure if its a coincidence, as he is just going through a growth spurt/developmental changes (he is very smart and knows how to do things after seeing me do it once kinda thing), or if its related to the head injury? He has a red bump, but thats gone away now...

I've been giving him panadaol in case he just has a headache...

Anyway, must run as i have to get ready for the dr... I'll bbl to let you know what happened.

Where is everyone????? Why are you guy talking offline?? Sal, not sure if you still read this, but hope everything is ok with you and Miles, and the preg, and i miss your rational approach to everything!

Missy, nice to see you here, and whoa at your story... hope everything is ok with you!

Yael

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast