Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #6

Hi all

OMG you ladies must be so worried...I know it would scare me if my little man feel down the stairs..When he was 6 months the bounce a net broke and he feel back onto the floor and hit the back of his head...He had a big bump and Off to the dr i went and I was a mess...but to fall down the stairs...hmmmm no thanks....i dont know who i would react..good to hear everything is ok...yael hurry up and let us know how things are going...and good luck..

Missy

Hey all,

Yeah, the dr wants to check that he doesn't have a fractured skull, so we are off to the x-ray place after he has had a nap.

The lump on his forhead has gone away, and he seems a bit happier today, but he has never been like this... I mean, he is a shocking sleeper during the day, but he wakes up happy & laughing and thats why he wont go back to sleep... This time he wakes up cry/screaming... And he was always good at night also..

I'm sure the dr thinks I'm crazy, but i know he isn't quite right.. although she said more than likely he has a bit of concussion...

Might as well get him xrayed.. just to be sure, and they will bulkbill us also.

Also thought I would try baby nurofen, incase his body is a little sore from the fall... Maybe he is having nightmares??

I feel like the worst mum in the world... seriously, i wonder if they should take him away from it... he was nowhere near the stairs, but i should have known it was a possibility.. i'm just kicking myself cos it was preventable!

Thanks for the support though... i need it...

No Yael dont think your a bad mother...Little ones can be so quick. I remember being at my mums house(2story house) and they had a gate on it but they were taking things down stairs and before we knew it my daughter went straight for them. She didnt fall but sheeesh they are quick... Dont beat yourself up about it...and I agree with jillian why didnt they do a x-ray when you went to hospital.....???? Let us know and im sure things will be ok...

Missy

hey there Yael

Hugs to you - I'm thinking of you and DS - better to be safe than sorry....

BJ has been so ill of late - we spent 2 days in hospital 1.5weeks ago with some mystery virus - high temps (40) and red angry rash - i nearly passed out when i noticed it - i too went into Robot mode like you said Jillian.

and today we are facing the posibility of him having Mumps - my BIL has just come down with them today and he spent some time with BJ yesterday - i've been to the docs and spoken with the infectious disease at the Royal Childrens hospital and long story short there is nothing we can do but wait and see - worst part is he can come down with it anytime in the next 3 weeks if he's going to get it - oh and i've got the flu too - for the 3rd time this month....

ok enough about me...

BTW - Welcome Missy
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

hey there yael

just read over my post and I apologise - it came across wrong - it wasn't meant to be a selfish post about me

just hoping that DS is getting better as I can understand your anxieties - i suppose that's what i wanted to say

I'm tired and sick and just not myself these days...oh well better just get on with it
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:39 PM.

Hi there Jillian

MMR covers Mumps but can't be given before 12months - apparently it's not effective, however having said that they give it to kids in Sri Lanka (that's where the GP was from) at 9months - unfortunately he's 2 weeks short of that window.

With any luck BJ won't get it.

I'm so sick of being sick here

ETD - Bummer we're not in Sri Lanka - LOL - you've got to see the humour in things sometimes

Akeesha Guest

Hey ,

Havent been here in a while and have read Missy's intro. Hello Missy and it's great to meet you! Your story is quite an amazing one and you are very strong. I am so glad you have the blessings of 2 beautiful babes. Welcome to Jan buddies

Yael - I am so sorry to hear about DA. How scary that would have been. I hope that he is ok. How did the xrays go?? You are far from being a bad mother also. Unfortunately these things happen to kids and there is little we can do to avoid it short of wrapping them in cotton wool. We all have things happen or do things we think we could have avoided and re live to try and figure out what we could have done different. You cant change it so you just gotta look after him and yourself. It can happen to anyone and you did nothing wrong. You are doing the most important part now. The part of being there for him and taking extra special care of your little man. You are a GREAT mother.

Di - Bummer about the possibility of mumps. That sux. I hope Brodie remains safe and well. Sorry to hear that you are sick again. I hope things start to get better for you soon. You are having a rough trot (((((hugs)))))
    Sending get well vibes to you.

hi there girls

OH MY GOD!! - we are so sick here - i had to literally crawl out of bed to the kitchen to get some cold and flu tablets - i never really believed that they worked until today - I'm actually starting to feel a little better now -atleast I'm not shaking and freezing now - given that it's 29 here today.

I think that BJ is doing better than me at the moment - i'm praying that the ceclor that he is still on may help him to avoid getting the full brunt of this flu.

Well all i can do is hope.....yep Jillian you're right - if I don't laugh I will cry....

Yael - how's DA

Hey there Lisa - how's things??

Hi guys!

sorry I haven't been around for a while... just wanted to pop in to say hi

Yael - how is DA doing now? I hope he is feeling better and that you are starting to too. You poor thing. I had a scare recently too so I know that horrifying fear. But these things happen and it certainly doesn't make you a bad mum..... it's just one of those things... so don't beat yourself up about it. Also - if you think that there is something not right... persist. Get it looked at until you get a decent explaination.
    Big hugs to you and DA.

Di - I'm sorry to hear you and brodie are in the wars too. If Bj does get mumps, I was reading some thing recently about caring for kids and babies that with childood illnesses and I'll go look up mumps and let you know what it said. I think the most important thing (though probably quite obvious) is to keep him indoors and warm and MOST importantly out of drafts or away from cold air. That probably goes for now too... if he is incubating etc. Also - though you probably are already, make sure he's getting lots of fresh fruit and veges and maybe even go see a natuorpath to get some vitamin suppliments. And I guess it's good to see the up side.... IF he does get mumps, at least they will be out of the way and he'll never get them again and you won't even have to vaccinate him for it...
    Hope your flu is easing up. lots of fluids and stay away from anything with sugar. I've found that when you eliminate all sugar (even staying away from fruit) you get better quicker.... something about the sugar fedding the germs and making them stick around longer.

anyway - heal quick and feel better Yael, DA, Di and BJ!!! lots of love to you all

xxx
    L

Di - I just had a look at teh book and it said that the most important thing to avoid any complications from mumps is to ensure that the child stays indooors and has lots of rest. THIS IS TOTALLY VITAL!!!

mumps affects the salivary glands. Also, it says that the ovaries and testes can not be damaged if the person has not yet been through puberty... so that's good news

remember that the fever at the start of mumps is part of the virus, so don't use panadol. just make sure he's warm and cosy, away form any drafts and don't use cold compress either. THe fever needs to happen... it's just the bodies way of fighting the virus. and then the fever will be over. Basically she just emphasises the importance of keeping the child inside and warm and quiet. She also says to avoid starchy and protein foods until the acute stage is over. And that fruit and veges should be really soft as it will hurt to open their mouth etc.

Actually... you should really tell your BIL. IT's much more important that adults take the virus seriously as the complications from mumps are way more likely for adults... and also far mor serious. things like sterility and encephalitis are possible if adults don't properly rest.... as in stay in bed for a week or 2. Please pass that on. it's so important....

It really bugs me that these days there is such a "soldier on" mentality to illness. If people just stayed home and rested and recovered properly instead of bringing all there germs to work and spreading them around we'd all be better off.

GRRRRRR it's really pi$$es me off.

anyway hope that helps.

thanks lisa and yes im very lucky...

Where is eveyone from...Syd here!!!

Missy

where is everyone gone. How is everyones babies going???

Hi Missy, I don't know what's happened to your group. I miss them! Anyway, just thought that you could come and join the Dec 2005 buddies, we'd love to have you and we talk alot!
    xo

ok thanks

mrmoo Guest

Hi, thought I'd restart this thread...

Haven't been in this part b4 but would love to chat with others who's babies were born the same month as my little guy's.

My little man was still crawling when he turned one on 25Jan and 1 month later was a walking toddler. He loves to watch Elmo's World and will almost run (so very cute to watch) if he's in another room and can hear the theme song. He's starting to restle with his big 3 year old sis and plays peek-a-boo with the curtain if we're in the office, either that or he tries to get the 'puter mouse. lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456