Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #1

Hi everyone!

Like Bindy I will have to check in on the Dec babies as well as in here as I would miss all my Belly Buddies too much otherwise!!

My little princess arrived on Thursday... will have to upload some pics as soon as my computer will let me... it's having issues....

God, I almost forgot to get my butt in here.....
    How is everyone going??????
    My little man just wants me to hold him all the time atm....hoping its from the lack of time I got to spend with him in the first few days. I cant get over how little he is...he just melts my heart.

Im going to stalk some of the belly buddy threads now.....im gonna be sneaky heheheheh

~Belinda~ Guest

Queen, looks like we'll both have to be in the December and January groups! There's a few girls from our BB group over in December...

Maz, my little Maddie likes to be held all the time too! She's a real mummy's girl!

Bindy - Oh Madeleine is gorgeous matie.......ah Im glad that I was able to get over the shock factor of finding out not even 2 weeks before having Mateauz that he was a boy....we were told he was a girl from out 22 week scan. He gave us a big scare to coming out blue and not breathing....just wanted to make a big entrance seeing he is my last baby.
    AND
    OMG my neck is so stiff and it hurts so bad. I forgot about looking after it......Id so hate to have a brain in my head atm!!! pmsl

lol Bindy - yeah, we'll be double agents!

Maz, that would have been quite a shock... had you gone & bought any extra pink stuff or were you just going with what Vyolett had? I would have been up the creek had that happened here, I'm not a huge fan of pink & frilly but Scally's room is still decidedly feminine.
    What was the problem with Mateauz do you know? Obviously wanted to be made a fuss of... but what a thing to be confronted with after labour!! So glad he's ok now.

Hello to the Mums & beautiful Bubs!
    I'm here officially - YAY...

I've been away for a few days now & have only just come home from hospital with our beautiful baby boy Jackson Denis John ....weighing in at 8.2 Pd and 54cm long and a head of dark hair!

My waters broke early Saturday morning & at 9.38 we welcomed our 'son' Jackson into our world He's such a gorgous boy & a big time sleeper as you may expect from a newborn & one born 2 weeks early!

His big sister is loving him big time like you wouldn't believe & just wants to give him loads of cuddles & kisses and of course wants to hold him all the time! She cant get enough of him. And we're spending lots of time just looking at him - Yep - I'm in awe,LOL.

Will post a picture soon so that you can all see him

Carol

Queen - OMG I love your ticker pic...what a gorgeous picture. I bought more girl clothes...I love red on Vy so bought more of those colours but had to take a heap of it back to pumpkin patch when we found out (lucky I hadnt washed it and still had the dockets).
    the doc's havv eno idea why Mateauz is playing funny buggers. I read his birth 'report' and it said taht his placenta was calsified...I hav eno idea what that means but will ask the health nurse when we see her next week. He still turns blue quiet quickly if he gets cold quickly...friggen scarey stuff. Worse thing was, I had a general for my c/s and woke up in recovery to be told all this....jed said I just sat there with a big smile on my face with tears running down my face.

Carol - woo hoo...your here honey!!! YAY!!!!! glad to see everything is going wonderfully for you hon. i have one of those 'great' sleepers aswell...I get a little scared and make sure he's breathing alot though. I so cant wait to see a pic of jackson I bet he's delishious.

Ok im off to go and suss out some wild child cloth nappies....my baby bonus has come through and Im feeling the need to spoil my little man

Wink

Maz- Yep I'm finally here! He just couldn't wait,lol. Glad to hear that everything is good with you now & you're both home enjoying family life as it should be I'm having a horrible time with attachment issues here So I'm quite sore, but hopefully we'll get it right soon! I had some advice today & it was alot better... With my girl it was the same too in the early days but she eventually b/f until 27 mths. But our little boy is also our last - 2 is enough for us

Hello to everyone else I look forward to getting to know you all gradually. April, Mary & Tiff, AnnaT (I think) should be all along very soon too.. Did I miss someone from the Due Jan club?? Have a feeling I have! Sorry.

Enjoy your bubs everyone!

You missed Nik Carol, i'm just browsing

Wink

Oops Sorry Nik!! I knew I had forgotten someone - Look forward to hearing from you soon here

thanks Jo - There have been quite a few of us already had bubs & I'm having baby brain!

Maz- I do the same thing with bubby, checking his breathing etc!! Only when he isn't in his cot though! Because hubby went out & bought one of those breathe easy machines that will detect if Bubbys breathing changes at all & it alerts you with a high pitched alarm. Its great - no more paranoia! I was always checking Cara. Its always a worry hey! Not cheap but worth peace of mind & we'll sell it easily once we're finished with it

I should change my ticker!! Reminder to myself tomorrow! LOL

Carol- No problem. Yeah our Jan belly buddies thread has been half depleted , dont worry Maz is still having placenta brain too, i'm sure we all will be for a while after we've actually had our bubs.

Carol - Jed adn I decided against getting one of those machines casue Iknow I'd be sitting there waitng for it to go off...Im half way to the looney bin already with out having to deal with that ROFL.
    What troubles are you having with attatchment hon??? Im finding that if Mateauz gets over hungry that he goes off his nut a pushes my nipple out with his tongue. I jsut give him to Jed to settle down and try again in 10 mins time. I dont get stressed out this way either and it seems to be working for us. WTG to on BFing on 27months with DD too....your going to be my inspiration now! (onlg with Shannon who gets on BB)

~Belinda~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Bindy - Oh Madeleine is gorgeous matie.......ah Im glad that I was able to get over the shock factor of finding out not even 2 weeks before having Mateauz that he was a boy....we were told he was a girl from out 22 week scan. He gave us a big scare to coming out blue and not breathing....just wanted to make a big entrance seeing he is my last baby.
    AND
    OMG my neck is so stiff and it hurts so bad. I forgot about looking after it......Id so hate to have a brain in my head atm!!! pmsl
    Maz, are you serious! They told you he was a girl? Had you bought all pink things? Thanks, Madeleine is so beautiful, I agree but I'm bias!

Maz - how disconcerting about a)Not knowing what was wrong & b)Him turning blue so often!!! Your ticker pic is gorgeous too... what a cute look - you were lucky to have the camera out at the right time!!

I bought one of those monitors with the montion sensor thingy but I have only been using the sound part as I don't think the motion sensor mat would work too great in the bassinet, I might use it when she goes into her own cot & is in her own room... I'm already worrying about that... & it's what... 6 months away?! I will miss her being next to me in our room!!

I have to say I am just a little bit of a worry wart.... I was asking DP what we were going to do when she is on school holidays if I am working then lol. He was like "What?!"...

~Belinda~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMab View Post
    I bought one of those monitors with the montion sensor thingy but I have only been using the sound part as I don't think the motion sensor mat would work too great in the bassinet, I might use it when she goes into her own cot & is in her own room... I'm already worrying about that... & it's what... 6 months away?! I will miss her being next to me in our room!!
    Queen, I have an angel care monitor and a movement pad in Madeleine's bassinette, it's excellent and picks up even the slightest movement, she looks so still sometimes yet it picks up so much! Anyway, it works great in a bassinette!

Yep - Gotta say I love my breathe easy machine! And of course now I worry less about how still he is because I know the sensor will pick it up And we have a hammock as well but aren't using it because we wouldn't be able to use the 'mat' as it isn't flat in the hammock...

Maz - I wasnt getting the positioning perfect so ended up with really sore, bleeding nipples!! OUCH. It was the same last time too. But I've been told that nipple sz plus breast shape can have alot to do with that. But its getting better. And I still perservere regardless ! Must be crazy but the closeness and just being that its natures way keeps me going... For me anyway for now! And it does seem to be getting better. Hey you mentioned your boy being a big sleeper - do you have to make the effort to wake him up for his feeds?? My boy would just keep on sleeping for hrs if I let him! This morning he had his last b/st feed at 4.30 & was still asleep at 8.00! Thats too long surely without a feed so I started on waking him up. Which is what I'll have to keep doing by the looks of it to ensure he's getting all his feeds.

How is everyone else doing with these issues??

Okay thats it for now.

BBL

oh bleeding nipples...I remember that pain oh to well. $hit hon, I take my hat of to you for putting up with the pain of it for starters. OUCH!!!!!!!! Mateauz is a big sleeper but the nurses warned me he might be due to his birth. Example...he slept 7 hours straight 2 nights ago...god it was fantastic and today, I feed him at 11.30 and then Nikolaus and I knicked of for to do grociers ect (3 hours later) came home, unpacked vegged and he woke up at 4.30 for a feed. I have never been so lucky with BFing before with any of my other kids. I just think its ment to be this time round for me...good somethings gotta go right sometime for us pmsl. Oh have you been lanolising your nipples after each feed to hon? Ive been smoothering mine. and hon...if it doesnt work for you then dont stress about it. 3 of mine were formula feed and there is nothing wrong with doing it. Do what is best for you and Jackson...happy mummy, happy baby
    Bindy - I had a scan at 19 weeks and was told baby was 'probably' a boy then had a 22 week 4 D scan and was told..no defently a girl and it looked like it to us to. very hard for us to come to grips with in such a short amount of time but after everything out little man has gone through in his first week, we dont care any more. We were very worried about mateauz getting the autisum gen that Wilhelm has (Wilhelm has high functioning Austium and a communication disorder...makes life VERY interesting) so we really wanted to be prepared for the 'worst' if we were havinng another boy and to prepare Wilhelm for the baby. As I said, we dont really care anymore...it seems so minute now after everything.
    OmG you changed your ticker pic...ah she is so yummy!!!!!
    Queen - ive become a big worrier this time round... might have to look into one of those monitors now.......
    Have a silly question....how many of you got clothing as presents all in size 000 ??? I have bucket loads of them and most of them are body suits. My little bugger is to small to fit into them, he's in 0000 and premi cloths at present. I did go to Target today because they have 20% off babies cloths and no deposit layby and put some winter things on..but I didnt like muchof the boys cloths there.....am i being to picky???? and OMG the girls stuff was all bl00dy PINK! What happened to red and blue for girls aswell?????

Maz - You not too worried about waking him for feeds at all?? I had the m/wife out here the other day & she was saying he should be getting like 6-7 feeds a day! But he'll sleep for hours at a time. He's only just had his 2nd feed of the day an hour ago. And even then I had to wake him for it.You get told all these different things and it just makes you worry then! Jackson was 2 weeks early so maybe thats why he is sleeping sooo much. Might be different in another wk or two. Yep I have been using Lansinoh I think its called. At least my boobies arent as engorged now as they had been the previous days!
    You have 2 middle names for your boy too! Ours is Denis John...

QueenMab- We thought about the 'mat' too that it wouldn't work in a bas' or a hammock so we've started bub straight off in his cot Peace of mind is great isn't it!?

Bindy - I love your little girls name too - I always have So pretty...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast