Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #2

Sazz & Hawksey, Oh it is a relief to know that you aren't the only mummy in the world that doesn't have a perfect little bundle isn't it?! It's probably a bit sadistic to be glad others are having a hard time of it too, but it's also greatly reassuring.

Scally has just gone down after a horrible couple of hours... I got soooooooo frustrated at one point I had to put her in her cot, shut the door, go into our room, shut the door & turn the radio on...!! Aren't I horrid??! I calmed down & 5mins later went & gave her huge cuddles, poor bubba... it just gets a bit much at times doesn't it?

Congratulations Karen!! Hope you are back here & chatting soon!!

Hope everybody else is going well, I have washing to hang out so I'm off!

HELP!!!
    Joshua is feeding of the boobie. But since last night he is like super hungry. One midnight feed he wanted BOTH boobies only 15 min apart. And now today.. ive been feeding him almost every hour. He takes SOOOOO long to feed .. and usually falls asleep. But as soon as I put him to bed, he wakes withing 10 minutes.. and withing the hour being up.. HUNGRY AGAIN!!! So needless to say.. Im a little worried. Is this pattern normal? I know he could be growing.. hence more food needed. But his feeding is so often .. im not getting the usual hard boobies filled with milk. ARRGGHH
    DH is sure he just going through a growing stage. Im really hoping he is right.
    Any advice would really ease my mind.
    Thanks
    Tascha

Tascha, Celeste has a snack session every evening where she is wanting the boob every half hour or so for a few hours. She then sleeps for around 4 hours straight though.
    QM, we had a horrible night the night before last where Celeste was up for 3 straight hours! I was pretty glad when she did go down! Dont you feel like the only mum in the world who is up when that happens?
    Good last night though.

omg i lost track of this thread LOL....
    congrats to people who have had bubs and people who are going great being mummies!

well Jaylen's not showing any sign of coming out by himself, so im getting induced 2night at 5pm! so excited that i'll have him soon but omg its so close LOL...

me and jen have been TOLD we're coming into the jan babies thread LOL so i spose i will talk to everyone once my lil man is here!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bindy~ View Post
    Queen, so glad you are better today. Oh I know what you mean about having an unsettled Bub! Madeleine was so unsettled yesterday all day and I couldn't do anything.

Dayl, welcome honey! Oh I am so glad you are here...!!!

Nik, I have a Bubba and Moe too. But I am not using it much because of the heat and I find that Madeleine grizzles in it when it's humid. I'm sure she'll love it in the airconditioning though!! I am really looking forward to using mine more too.

Hawksey, I'm in Nundah! But moving soon. Cool stuff...also Dayl is in North Lakes, oh we should all meet up one day. Madeleine was born at Wesley Hospital at Auchenflower. So sorry you were teary today, hopefully it will get better for you soon. These little ones love cuddles so much don't they.

Ok, glad this thread is up and running with all of us cool chicks...
    Hey girls, I'm at Greenslopes and am keen to meet some like-minded, sleep-deprived mums...

PS...don't mind a bit of a drive and know the northside pretty well, having been brought up there.

I'm on the southside of Brissy.

Congratulations Karen on the birth of Francis. I hope he brings as many joys as your other boys.

Woohoo to everyone whos bubs are putting on weight, i havent had Sophie weighed this week as yet.

Tascha - The only time my bbs get all hard & full now is if Scally sleeps 4 or more hours at night, otherwise I don't notice a huge difference between feeds, I can tell though from the way she's peeing (& the way she gets so full she just lets milk dribble down her chin lol) that she's getting enough... sometimes it seems like she's permanently attached btw, so I wouldn't worry.

Sazz - Hell yeah!! You start to fantasize about EVERY OTHER mother & baby who are tucked up cozily in their beds....!! I didn't have the best afternoon yesterday... she started screaming about 3 & wouldn't stop... even a bath which she would normally LOVE just amped up her screams!! Ugh!! By the time DP got home I was ready to leave & not come back lol, but he had her for a couple of hours & I relaxed enough to get through the night. Had a fun time this morning though when she had nappy free time, I could tell she was loving it...

She's been in her cot for a whole 10 mins & I can hear her stirring already... I'm going to have a shower. What's the bet I get out to be greeted by a full-scale screamfest??

MrsR - There are a few of us in Brissie here. Some of us had already decided to meet up in a little while once everything has settled down a bit!
    Jo, Loren, Mary & myself - but the more the merrier

QB- You arent horrid! Sometimes it really does wear on your nerves especially when you are so tired yourself - you're only human I think most of us are having some probs since bubbies are still working it all out! My boy has this waking period in the early hrs of the morning!! This morning he was awake at 2 til 5, and of course so was I. And I was not impressed Sooo tired! But I'm going to try & see if I can rectify that tonight. If he is still asleep by 7ish I'm going to wake him up & hopefully keep him awake for 2-3 hrs ( see how he likes it!! Joking,LOL) But it might just correct the early morning waking. I'm willing to give it a shot anyhow... Hang in there QB. I know its not easy~! Oh & about the dummy, I never offered it to my girl and Jackson wont have one either. Just never bothered about it, I dont feel she ever needed one but its a personal preference. I have a g/friend who when she found out that my girl didn't have one responded with ' I dont know what I'd do without the 'dummy' ! ". So its gr8 for some mums...
    Last edited by hindonly; February 7th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Oh yes, QM sounds like one of my days!

Tascha, Adeline has days like that when I feel like I do nothing butfeed. I think I am averaging 2 hourly at the moment. We joke that her 14 day growth spurt is still going....! I get so frustrated by the evening when the tiredness sets in, and I wish desperately that DH could breast feed so I could have a break! That will be the biggest benefit when we start to supplement feed or give expressed milk (I dont have a real frozen supply yet- she is feeding too often for me to express much!)

mrsr, I am in Geebung near Chermside. Jo and Carol on the southside, Loren at Montville, Dayl and Tascha just north of the city, so it will be a big meet up one day!

Well I am in SA so I dont think I will be able to make it girls!

I feel like an idiot, I completely missed page 5 including the news of Karen's baby arrival! CONGRATS Karen!!!!! Just blame it on the baby brain. I think I can use that excuse for a while yet lol.

Saw the Dr yesterday and am allowed to drive again when I feel ready... like now! yay! I have a weepy area on my caesarian scar which isnt healing properly cause there is an overhang of skin so I am going to have it neatened up in about 10days time. Hope that will help it heal quicker. Will look nicer anyhow he says.

Celeste was awake from 8pm till 12.30am last night snacking and screaming!!! Couldnt put her down. But when she did go off to sleep she slept till almost 6.30am!!!! Wow! She is having awake time now. Just had nappy free time and a massage and is lying on a rug on the floor as happy as Larry. Lets hope it tires her out for this evening.

Mary, I bet you are getting tired with all those 2hourly feeds! You must be so thirsty and hungry all the time too. I bet you are losing heaps of weight though, with feeding and not getting much chance to eat either! How are your poor boobs holding up?

QM, you arent horrid at all! In fact you did just the right thing when you are frustrated like that. After all, if you have done everything possible and are at your wits end you need save your sanity somehow. And she was safe while you did! I have felt like that at 3.30am when Celeste has been awake for 3hours already. Last night, luckily DH was home, he had to get her off to sleep in her bed cause I had just had it. I just went and hopped into my bed for a while. We all need it sometimes.

BBL hopefully.

hi ya girls im back in the land of living. Thank you to al of you for your thoughts. We have along road in front of us but have to stay positive for my little man. He now has cerabal Palsey after all of this but we are going to take one day at a time. He still have clots in his brain but they havent gotten any bigger and his infections have gone (thank god) still bfing like no other and OMG it feels like I have fire coming out of the ends of my nipples sometime. He is such a good little baby, I really cant complain about him. He looks up into my face now when I feed him to talk to him and he is turning his head at our voices. The kids absolutely love him and Vy wont stop kissing him and calling him tea'az. Anyway enough of our crapola

Going to try and get my head around the past posts and catch up on everyone

~Belinda~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksey View Post
    mrsr, I am in Geebung near Chermside. Jo and Carol on the southside, Loren at Montville, Dayl and Tascha just north of the city, so it will be a big meet up one day!
    And I will be in Albany Creek area from Saturday!

Maz, so great to hear from you. Glad Mat is going well, always here for you xxxx

I'm actually over on the west side of Brisbane in Centenary Suburbs But you know I didn't realise how many of us are in good ol' brissy!

OMG... why isn't there a 'tearing my hair out' emoticon?! Why will this baby not sleep (on her own)??!

We just got back from a walk around the park in the pram, scenario:
    Screaming baby.
    Put screaming baby in pram.
    Start walking.
    Baby stops screaming.
    Baby lays quietly.
    Baby goes to sleep.
    Get home.
    Put basinette straight from the pram into the bedroom.
    Shut bedroom door.
    Attempt to get a drink from kitchen.
    Baby screaming.

...I don't wanna play this game anymore!! It doesn't help that DP only has one day off a week atm... I am sooooooooo freak'n tired..... Waah!!

...Now that I've had my whinge I should probably take it all back 'cause YAY MAZ IS BACK & I'm being a dope about my baby doing normal baby things when poor little Mateauz is going through so much...!!

Glad you're back though hon, big hugs to you & yours.

Well Scally is crying again... I am starting to freak about not being able to pack... I can't even do the dishes let alone pack them... bugger, bugger, bugger!! (Sure I could pack a box instead of posting here lol, but I need to VENT!!)

Ahhhh... better go before someone calls DOCS....

QM - Hugs to you! Sounds like you are having a hard time of it Do you have a sister, Mum or BF who can maybe help out for an hr or two & give you a much needed break? Another pair of hands might be great!

Hi Everyone,

Thought i should come and stick my head in here. My baby boy was born on the 19th of Jan. His name is Elijah, Eli for short, and he was a fatty at 9lb 4oz. He is doing well, we are bf and that is going good, he likes to cluster feed at night which makes it a bit hard cause thats when DP is at work and I have Abbey to run around after as well, but he is generally pretty good. He sleeps great during the day but not so fantastic at night, but he is getting better. I'm used to it anyway cause Abbey still doesn't sleep through. Atm, I am co sleeping with Eli and DP is in the spare room, cosleeping for half the night with abbey. luckily we have a king bed if we ever get back into the same one lol.

I haven't had a real chance to read through the thread so I can't do any real personals sorry but i hope all the bubbas that are having trouble gaining weight start doing so soon, and that the really unsettled ones (i think it was Queen Mab) start to settle soon. Have you tried putting them in a sling? At least then you could get some things done. Or try one of those swings, we have one and the rocking motion helps keep Eli asleep.

Hugs to Maz, I hope Mat is doing better, my thoughts are with you. It must of been so scary. Its great that he is home and still bf...well done!

Well i will try and get on more but i'm a pretty random poster so I hope you don't mind. I do try and read the thread and keep up with everyone, but you all talk so much that I don't have tim e to post after I have read it lol. I will do my best though.

I am trying to get some photos up so will let you all know when I work it out.

Bye!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast