Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #2

Hi mummies,

Maz, it's great to see you back in here. Sorry to hear about your little man. Your such a strong woman. Hugs to you.

QueenMab: Oh hun, I know how you feel. Bodie has been crying when I'm in the shower, then I have to make bottles up so it takes foreva in the mornings trying to get him settled. Thought this device might be helpful for your little girl, we brought Bodie one. It goes under the legs of the cot and gently rocks bub to sleep.
    The website is Lullabub Cot Rocker - Babyhugs
    Only got it in the post yesterday, so will see how he goes tonight with it.
    This is what it says:
    "The Lullabub will gently create motion automatically in a harmonic rhythm to naturally soothe and settle babies to sleep.

Four Relaxing motion?s
    Simulating
    - mothers womb
    - mother?s heartbeat
    - drive in the car
    - boat on the water

Designed to calm and relax your crying baby & help soothe unsettled babies".

It has won awards so it must be pretty good!

Hi Amanda: Congratulations on your little man Eli! Love the name.

Anyways better get going,

April & Bodie xo

April - That sounds like an interesting gizmo!! LOL How much did it cost you? Does it take much to set up?

We have a loan of a friends swing it has different rocker speeds but that works a treat too! Bub loves it

Very quiet here!

Hi everyone
    Am out here. Having a couple of restless days with Addy not sleeping long and just wanting to feed and be held. Sounds like I am not the only one, so maybe its part of the first few weeks of life, hey?

Pretty tired, so will try and get on again tomorrow.
    Maryx

Tiff, yeah I am contemplating #3 but I tell ya, if this kid keeps up his drama's I'll be giving DH the snip personally
    Glad to see your all doing well.
    We're ok. Could definately be better. Our first son spoilt us by being a very quiet, settled, sleepy baby and now we are struggling because Ripley is a normal, sometimes-unsettled, not-sleeping-much baby. Breastfeeding doesnt help, so many times Ive come this close <..> to switching to formula but Im going to perservere to atleast 3mths with the b/f. Last check @ 5wks Ripley was 4895g and 54.5cm long. He gained 1.5kg/4.5cm in 3 weeks, what a champ! I do adore him though, he is such a chubby handsome boy who's going to be a complete Mama's boy

I check in on you guys from time to time, hope you dont mind!

Anna you dope... Why would anyone mind you checking in...?? Even if Rips wasn't a January baby nobody would care!! lol & giving DH the snip personally!!

Hawksey - Hugs to you!! I sooooooooo know what you mean!!

I am happy & rather awake for a change!!

Scarlett has had an awesome night & as she is asleep now it may even shape up to be an awesome day, but how many times have I said things are going well only to have it all come crashing down...?? I know I should not jinx myself but I just have to share!!

We went out yesterday with DP... didn't get much done, DP got a haircut, that's about it... but hey, we went out with the baby & made it home alive.... not a small feat when we are negotiating public transport all the time...!

Anywho, I bought a book on babies sleep while we were out & had a bit of a read when we got home... long story short, all my trouble might have been Scally just being a bit hungry all the time...?! I gave her 10mls of formula (don't have a breast pump yet but am getting one so that I can give her ebm if she needs more...) after her feed in the early evening & she slept until after 11, then, from midnight to 20 past 5!!! Then, happily, from about 6.30 to 9.30.... then she had some awesome awake time with HUGE smiles & coos () & she's been asleep again, after I put her to bed, AWAKE, in her cot, since quarter to 11!! I can't believe what a night 10mls of extra food has given me!! AND because she's sleeping longer, my breast are full when she wakes up for her next feed!!

I'm not counting my chickens yet, but I'm pretty happy atm!!

I do have one vent from yesterday though.... Our very first trip to the parent's room annoyed the [email protected] outta me... I went in there but couldn't feed Scarlett because the 2 cubicle things with the curtain were occupied... fair enough you may say, other babies are hungry too that can't be helped, BUT, they were taken by a woman feeding her toddler baby food & another person feeding their baby a bottle... now I may just be being selfish but I only knew these people were in there because the damn curtains were open... obviously they weren't after privacy to feed their children.... there are other chairs in the parents room.... why?? Can't you feed a toddler pretty much anywhere..? What's the point of taking up a cubicle when you obviously don't need it?? I had to trudge up another 2 levels to find another parents room with a free cubicle so I could feed the now very hungry Scally in privacy.... I was rather annoyed.

Just so I don't have to have this issue again as soon as I got home I ordered a cool breastfeeding cover... I don't mind feeding somewhere else as long as I'm covered up, then atleast I won't have a screaming bub while I'm trying to negotiate a place to feed her!

Oh, she's awake!!

QM - thats a shocker that those cubicles were taken up by ppl not b/feeding!! I would've been fuming too! OMG you can bottle feed anywhere. I do with Jackson we'll just sit in the shop cnt on the seats provided in the middle & go for it,lol. As you say not like you need privacy. Geez some ppl!

Mary - Addy sounds like my girl when she was a bub!! She was a shocker and would only sleep for about 20 mins at a time. And she was colicky to boot I believe thats why she ended up being such a restless sleeper & continually wakes through the night. Even now she wakes!! Sooo glad this bub is easier & sleeps well! I prayed for that

Where is everybody.... it's not like they have babies to look after or anything.... oh, hang on...

Everything is still going swimmingly here today... WOOT!

Im still here QM...just busy trying to get a routine happening with the boys at school and a little girl who wont go for her nap today!!! mateauz has been good....he's been asleep for 4 hours now...wish he'd do it of a night time pmsl.
    My nipples have quote ' toughened up' as its not as painful to bf now. although in saying that, when i feed him on one boob, the other one gets let down and it kills and milk just goes EVERYWERE!!!!
    and
    OMG I found my first grey hair!!!! HELP

hope everyone is getting their groove happening...its bloody hard, I totally forgot what it was like with a nb but suppose im lucky that this one is so quiet (first one out of 4)
    off to get tea organised/started so Jed can jsut turn it on when the time is right

Hi ladies,

Just a quick one. Have had a horrible week trying to keep my milk in while Amy works out how to suck properly. Have been seeing a lactation consultant who today said that she's thinking that my boo'bs just aren't able to produce enough milk to sustain my little angel. I'm on herbs from a naturopath and they've just doubled my dose so we see in three days if that helps. If it doesn't, we are stopping the expressing and going to formula. For a lactation consultant to say that means that we have tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this thing happening. I just can't express enough and Amy is too premmie to have got the sucking thing going enough to keep my milk up, plus I just don't think my boobs have it in them. Oh well, at least I can say I have tried absolutely everything in my power for this breastfeeding thing. The lactation consultant said that if the herbs don't work, the only other option is a milk bank. Never heard of it before but I'm thinking bring on the formula if that's our only other option. I will still try to breast feed but we've gotta keep her fed.

Anyway, that's our update. Maz, so good to hear from you and to hear that Mat is doing well. So glad the breast feeding is working too. That's great news. I never realised it would be so difficult! You are such a strong woman xx

well, better go and try to have a nap before Amy wakes up. Sorry for lack of personals but don't get a chance to get on here very often anymore. Chat soon xx Luv Nik and Amy x

Hi everyone,
    Nik, it is really such a bummer after all the hard work you have done to not see your supply come up quickly. You really have put so much effort into this BF thing that you can honestly say you have tried your hardest. I have been surprised with how hard it is myself. Idont know why but I kind of assumed it would be a lot easier. I guess you dont hear a lot of people going around saying how hard it was for them, you just see them successfully doing it. We were only on EBM for the first 11days. Celeste was small too and we had a long labor and a caesarian which both apparently delay the milk for a day each so that she had nothing to get from me for the first few days. They were worried cause she is small and was jaundiced so they put her on formula for a few days while I started expressing. Unfortunately, she liked it too much the easy way and didnt want to work for it on the boob. We went back to hospital for 24hours and have had many visits from midwifes and CYH nurses and had ABA volunteer too all to help. Going well now... just have fast flow problems now with Celeste struggling with wind all the time.
    Anyhow, know thta you are definately not alone and I am impressed with all that you have put into it. Well done!!!

Nik, big hugsto you :hugs: you have far more patience than me, you deserve a medal, or at least flowers, chocolates and diamonds for your efforts!!
    Amy is a lucky girl with such a dedicated Mum.

QueenMab, what a bitc* about the parents room. There should be a notice up about priority to bfeeding I reckon. I have noticed in the shopping centre near me (its the biggest one in Qld) it only has 2 parents rooms at complete opposite ends of the centre, One is miniscule has two cubicles, and gets jammed full with only 4 prams, the other one is much bigger but still only has 3 cubicles. inadequate for busy days (like weekends and every day between 10-2)

Maz, time for some hair dye me thinks. You have too much on to worry about grey hair! Hope Matty is gorgeous today!

We are going better today after a good nights sleep. Yesterday, she was so clingy I think the most I put her in her bassinette was for 20 mins, till she screamed. Thank god I have a sling and she sleeps in it or else I would have been pulling my hair out!

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to know that I've got the support from all you girls. This mum thing takes a bit of getting used to! But when you look at your little baby it all makes it worth it!

Sazz - so glad your bf is going well finally. It's amazing how hard it can be. No one tells you. They just make you think that it's going to all happen naturally and your baby will know what to do when in reality, most of them don't!

Mary - I know what you mean about the slings. They are really good cos they let you do other stuff while still calming bub. Amy screams when I first put her in it but settles after a bit. glad to hear you got some sleep.

Well better go try to have a nap before the next feed. Luv Nik and Amy

Hawksey, PM the name of the shopping centre and I'll see if I can have a chat to them about it...have quite a few contacts in that industry, especially with some of the bigger shopping centre groups.

Hi ladies!

sorry but its hard to catch up...

Maz - glad to hear maty is home now, you are a very strong lady I dot know how you do it big hus & kisses to you mate.

have been really sick with mastitis honestly it was horrible had 40+ temp for 3 nights and well trying to feed and look after bub too was just crazy have spent the past week literally sleeping when he sleeps to catch up and try to get better. antibiotics have kicked in but Flynn now seems to be having really bad colics and only wants to either be on my boob all the time on't take the dummy or sleeping next to me on the bed or on me. everytime I put him down withing minutes he gets up. anyhow sounds like some of you are going thru the same thing so maybe its not the antibiotics after all good I just hope its a stage plus I hate watching him scream in pain... I find the hardest trying to work out what his criues mean. anyhow hope to get thru the next week and finish antibiotics see if things change. will try to keep up hope you are all well xx Mel

QM: Good to hear you had a good night sleep!

Nik: Like Mary said you deserve a medal girl! Good on you for trying to keep at it.

Mel: Oh no, you must of felt terrible, and poor lil Flynn. Hope he gets better real soon. Good to hear the antibiotics have kicked in.

Well I had my first Mothers Group meeting today at Child Health Centre. It was ok, there were about 25 women there with their bubs! wasn't expecting such a large group. We just had a nurse come in and talk to us about bubs sleeping & feeding then watched a video. It wasn't too bad.

Bodie has been sleeping pretty good lately, mainly every 4 hours. Sometimes he goes for 6 hours which is great!

Anyways hope your all well

April & Bodie xo

Hi mums and bubs,
    Mel, you poor thing being so sick! It must be so hard being that ill and having a new bub to look after as well. Hope you are on the mend really soon now the drugs have kicked in. You want to remember the early weeks fondly!
    Yay Bodie with your good sleeping! Doesnt 6hours feel fantastic? I have only had it once and I couldnt believe it. I woke up feeling like it was only 2hours though... must have really needed that time. Hope he keeps it up April.
    Well, Celeste has screamed for a total of about 4.5hours today. Poor mite has wind or colic or something bad. Started a bit a few days ago and today has been pretty bad. She will only have half a feed then scream for up to an hour before finally calming down enough for the other half of her feed then screaming all over again. The last two nights I have given her a bath with special relaxing baby stuff as it is the only thing to get her to bed and by midnight I have had it! I have hardly any skin left on my neck/chest/upperarm as she "climbs" me with her sharp little fingernails when I have her over my shoulder to try to burp her. We are going to the CYHnurse thursday morning for a weigh/measure so I will mention it to her but first thing tomorrow morning I am going to buy wind drops from the chemist.!!!
    It is heartbreaking when she is in so much pain and there isnt much I can do about it. I have been in tears over it. I am hoping it will pass as her digestive system matures enough cause apparently it is to do with my milk coming out so fast. Man, some ppl cant get enough and others have too much. It isnt fair to any of us!

well im back! lol im coming in here if thats still ok, cant leave my jan belly buddies hehe!

Jaylen is doing great, a real sucker! LOVE breast feeding and got loooooads of milk, but it still hurts a bit.. got a graze on one side... oww... midwives said hes attaching right so i duno... if its not good in a week or something i will go see someone i think!

hope everyones well!

Jack is offically driving me crazy with not wanting to sleep in his cot during the day and my back is sore from wearing him in a sling and I'm not prepared to have him sleep ON me anymore! Am going to the child health clinic today to see a nurse (unfortunately not MY nurse) and hopefully get booked in for a day stay to help with daytime sleeping.

What is it with the whole daytime sleeping v nighttime? He's great at night, has a bath, feed and straight to bed without incident and wakes maybe 2-4 times in a night but settles quite well after a nappy change and feed. He doesn't do this during the day!!! Arrrrggggh.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast